Thread: Beholder BS?

Default Beholder BS?

Got my manyshot dropped today twice in Invaders by beholders anti-magic ray?

took screeny but dunno if it will help....

Any1?

I would report this as a bug even though its probably working as intended.
    As a feat it shouldnt be affected. It isnt magic.
    Anyone know if it affects Rage or any other non magical feat?

IIRC I've seen my fighter boosts (haste and kensei power surge) and human versatilty damage boost get debuffed by beholders.

Not sure if it's WAI.

Never affected feats in the past. Also doesnt affect bard songs, and SLAs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013 (when concurrency was ~4x what it is today)

Quote Originally Posted by somenewnoob View Post
    IIRC I've seen my fighter boosts (haste and kensei power surge) and human versatilty damage boost get debuffed by beholders.

Not sure if it's WAI.
    Hmmm ... I don't remember seeing my haste boosts get debuffed. I could be wrong though, when I see a beholder I pretty much run around in circles screaming until it reduces me to dust. Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by thwart View Post
    Hmmm ... I don't remember seeing my haste boosts get debuffed. I could be wrong though, when I see a beholder I pretty much run around in circles screaming until it reduces me to dust. Sigh.
    lol likewise......which is why I'm not 100% sure about if they were debuffed!

I think in the Sub beholder fights on the way to Hox was when I remember it happening. Have to pay more attention next time to verify.

Community Member

Elder beholders are apparently also illegal targets for Divine Punishment.

"Dol Arrah shrugs as he's told that beholders are just being beholders and not to be too angry with them."

Quote Originally Posted by kcru View Post
    Elder beholders are apparently also illegal targets for Divine Punishment.

"Dol Arrah shrugs as he's told that beholders are just being beholders and not to be too angry with them."
    Are these post U11 Issues? never had this happen to me before (though on my FvS I normally hit them with Destruction, and Have no AA)
    but I have been gone half of U11

Also, Dol Arrah is a She.

Community Member

you see a beholder u kill it before it sees you... always. If you must deal with it face to face you best get a damned optic nerve no matter how long it takes. I got two and gave one to my best bud cleric bro. Its not just a want item in this world with many a eye tryant lurking in its dark corners. Also aberration bane is a good thing. My monk loves his shicking burst wraps of greater abberation bane for rapid eyeball punching.

If they are debuffing any non magical buff its most def got to be some bug and not WAI. Its always been one of those monsters that warriors are meant to be able to shine in battle against if they can just endure the eye beams.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by somenewnoob View Post
    lol likewise......which is why I'm not 100% sure about if they were debuffed!

I think in the Sub beholder fights on the way to Hox was when I remember it happening. Have to pay more attention next time to verify.
    Unless it's specific to that group of beholders, I'm reasonably sure they don't take out Power Surge at the least (Haste Boost lasts 20 seconds, so half the time it is over by the time the Beholder is dead anyway).

And in general, it shouldn't be taking out Manyshot, Power Surge, or any other Action Boost power. Definitely bug it.