Waiting in the lava pits to chain trip you on the way to Prison of the Planes

Default TRing does affect crafting.

You keep your levels, but individual shard specialties reset.

E.g.
    I TRed Agg after making 9 holy burst shards. When I TRed I had a 100% chance to make them (after 9 times the the 5% increased chance at success after you make each one)

Now, looking at the recipe as a level 67 divine crafter (holy burst is level 72), I have only a 75% chance to craft a shard, and the xp is back up to 96. I'm unsure what it was when I TRed, but am certain it was not still around the 100xp mark.

Just an FYI. Do with this as you see fit.
    Khyber: Aggrim (Completionist!)
    In Von 3 the breakables in the Troll Ambassador optional room are slow to get to and unnecessary for ransack.
    Blind insta-kills floating eye balls.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathdefy View Post

E.g.
    I TRed Agg after making 9 holy burst shards. When I TRed I had a 100% chance to make them (after 9 times the the 5% increased chance at success after you make each one)

Now, looking at the recipe as a level 67 divine crafter (holy burst is level 72), I have only a 75% chance to craft a shard, and the xp is back up to 96. I'm unsure what it was when I TRed, but am certain it was not still around the 100xp mark.

That's very useful info, thanks.

Take a +1 from me.
    <------Pay no attention to the join date, played pre-launch in EU & moved to U.S. servers.

Good to know, thanks.

I'm unsure what to make of it, but I think I like it.

Awesome!

Now, delete the text in the OP and never speak of this again, or it will get nerfed.

Nothing to see here, Devs. Move along.
    Quote Originally Posted by Philam View Post
    I nominate you as head developer of DDO!
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    That tears it. I need to get a donkey.
    Concentrated power is the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

Nice. I shall have to do something with this information the next time the crafting level goes up.
    Things that if Turbine went all EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on, would actually make the game fun again.:
    • Giving us the racial PrE’s we were promised, before rolling out DDOStore™ Enhancement Trees.
    • One loot system to rule them all. (Including Cannith Crafting, and Named Loot.)
    • Fixing the Cannith Challenges so that they can be 6 starred without incredible luck or store bought items.
    • Adjusting Challenge XP so that they're worth running more than once.

E.g.

Wow that is VERY nice considering I'm getting close to TRing my crafter.

Great info thank you.
    April 27th, 2011 - Dungeons and Casters Unlimited is released to the public
    Quote Originally Posted by Junts View Post
    This is an impressive min/min build.

E.g.

happens when you LR as well

I didn't realize the XP was affected, I just knew the total shard counts got reset each time.
    (Perma) - Khyber - Official Helpers Guild Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    Grease is an extremely valuable party buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Trillea View Post
    Awesome!

Now, delete the text in the OP and never speak of this again, or it will get nerfed.

Nothing to see here, Devs. Move along.

Think I'm going to have to accelerate my TR plans
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertay View Post
    While they were at it though, the devs decided to go on an incredible nerfhammer rampage and left nothing in their wake standing...

New update on Lama, I wonder if they nerfed this?
    If so I better hurry up and TR again before they release it to live
    Conn Niall Paladin 20 TRx2
    Cormac Mac Airt Ranger/Rogue 12/1
    Connyl Niall Paladin 1 Connlyssa Paladin/Fighter 18/2

Anyone know if it still works this way?
    Conn Niall Paladin 20 TRx2
    Cormac Mac Airt Ranger/Rogue 12/1
    Connyl Niall Paladin 1 Connlyssa Paladin/Fighter 18/2

So what effect does having the shards count reset have on your toon? Any?
    So if I am reading this correctly there is no negative aspect to TRing your crafting toon.
    After a little Tolkien I am usually up for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Noob View Post
    So if I am reading this correctly there is no negative aspect to TRing your crafting toon.
    There really isn't any negative aspect to TRing unless your crafter is your only character with access to 400 SF favor and 50 House C favor; when your favor get reset you won't be able to buy SF marks and House C marks any more. But you could always stock up in advance.

They must have changed the way the xps on the shard recipes reset, because when I TR'd recently, all the recipes I had milked for xps were still returning the same low level of xps (or zero) as they were before I TR'd.

'Negative' effect of TR'ing your crafter would be that, if you crafted a shard above your crafting levels several times, it will lose the 'bonus' to it gains from successfull crafting.

For example, I am level 91 arcane, and I crafted a 'strength +6 shard' 10 times, I will have 100% of crafting +6 strength shards at that point because of the bonus to succesrate you get from successfully crafting a specific shard. However, when i TR/LR, it resets the 10x having crafted a +6 strength shard, so my chance suddenly drops down to 54%.

The disadvantage of this is that I can fail the crafting again, and thus, lose precious essences if you're a bit unlucky. The advantage though is, it will also allow you to gain decent amounts of xp from the shard again.

sorta a disadvantage is losing the access to cheap silver flame marks, yugoloth marks, and cannith marks, if you don't have other chars with the required favor.

Very interesting. Thanks for the info. Had no idea.
    I'm piking at work.
    I disarm traps........with my face!

Its worked that way for some time. Any reincarnate (LR/GR/TR) resets your crafting counters, but not your XP.

Nope, I TRed my crafter and all was well. Had I been borderline on my ability to craft any shards I cared about, there would have been a temporary negative from the loss of the chance to create bonuses you get for making the same shard over and over. But for me that was more than offset by the ability to once again get full crafting \XP from the in range shards.

With the impending enhancement pass and the LR heart we are going to get has anyone checked this on Lamma?

I would like to use one of the free stones on my crafter, but not if I will lose any crafting levels.
    Daggr - DaggrC - DaggrM - DaggrW - DaggrDP - DaggrGMP

Officer in RogueForce - Thelanis

Been a while since you asked your question, but I used the LR+20 on my crafter and the XP stayed the same. In my case I actually gained some levels due to arti/dragonmark of making.

Didn't check any of the stones I'd previously crafted to see if they reset. Assumed they did, haven't crafted much in a while though. Just not a lot out there worth making for my one character I play.