Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Crafting Woes: Wraps, Things you should know before equiping your monk

New to crafting with your monk and excited to try out all the possibilities crafting has to offer? Sorry to burst your bubble but there are several things about crafting that don't work. Before you plow head first into crafting wraps, here's a few things you need to know to avoid some very frustrating moments. There are several monks in my guild currently stumbling upon these issues so I'll try to keep this thread updated so some of you out there can avoid them. If you know of another bug with crafted wraps that isn't listed here, feel free to post about it.

1.) Crafting holy on wraps does not make them bypass good DR, although you still get the 2d6 damage. This is a known issue and will be fixed... eventually. Was not fixed in patch 10.2.

2.) Like holy, axiomatic and anarchic add the 2d6 damage, but do not give the DR bypass they should. Less important than the good DR bypass, but probably points to a common problem with mechanics. Also not fixed in 10.2.

3.) Holy on crafted wraps DOES NOT stack with holy burst on ToD rings (yes, holy not holy burst on wraps). Go figure. When you have both equiped, you only get the extra damage dice from holy burst and not the 2d6 from holy on the crafted wraps.

4.) Unlike regular wraps, crafted anarchic wraps give you a negative level. Whether this is WAI and all wraps are supposed to or if it isn't and no anarchic wraps were meant to, who knows. Something to consider when crafting wraps.

5.) Enhancement bonuses are weird. I'm getting mixed reviews on whether or not they work, but mine still do not properly add hit or damage. The issues with buffs still exist, and decrease your hit and damage when you receive them. They also do not allow your unarmed strikes to bypass magic DR.

6.) When wearing crafted wraps your bonuses actually go down when you receive buffs. Guild buffs, spell buffs, clickies, whatever. They either subtract your damage and/or to hit bonus or it simply fails to apply when you switch wraps.

7.) Ghost touch is odd. It works for crafted wraps post 10.2 but Turbine broke ghost touch on all other wraps in the game. Items like spectral gloves and wretched twilight still give your unarmed strikes ghost touch.

8.) Adding force ritual to any of your wraps makes everything about them not work. Avoid the headache and do NOT add force ritual to your crafted wraps. Not tested in 10.2, personally I don't want to.

9.) Metalline STILL doesn't work after patch 10.2. Does not bypass any DR at all. DO NOT CRAFT. Silver/cold iron wraps or bust!

10.) You still can not add stunning to crafted wraps. When you add the shard and wraps to the crafting device, the recipe blanks out. Wraps don't count as blunt weapons for the purposes of the shard.

11.) If you have a guild slot on your crafted wraps, slotting it with elemental damage will render the other crafted properties useless. Need a confirm for patch 10.2.

12.) Crafting any bane property will only give you the additional 1d6 to 3d6 damage, but will not properly add the enhancement bonus to hit or damage. Confirmed the enhancement bonus does work properly for other weapons.

The moral of this story is that you're still better of with randomly generated wraps in many cases. Most actually. Ghost touch wraps may be the only exception to this.

My understanding is that Patch 10.2 was not aimed at fixing wraps, and indeed, the only thing that really happened was the fix to ghost touch on crafted wraps and breaking ghost touch on all the rest of the wraps in the game. U11 only has notes about fixing ghost touch on crafted wraps, which already works properly. The only mention of ghost touch on regular wraps is for one pair of named wraps. Obviously, Turbine is either having trouble with this or it's not high on their priority list. Might sound lame, but keep filling out bug reports so at least something catches their attention. Either way, a grand total of 0 of these bugs listed above are mentioned as fixed in the U11 patch notes. I don't think I've seen Turbine acknowledge any of these bugs besides the ghost touch problem. The word "wraps" only appears twice in Lamania's Known Issues Thread.

As Turbine now has a major update coming through which will have it's own host of bugs to fix, don't get your hopes to high about any of this being fixed in the near future. It's been over a month with two patches and soon we'll have a major update with none of this being fixed. At this point in time, I'd actually be hard pressed to recommend the monk class to any new player out there looking into it. Until something happens, you're better off spending your Turbine Points on other things.
    Last edited by DrunkDwarves; 08-10-2011 at 06:00 PM.
    Member of Over Raided, level 100 Guild on Orien
    DPS: If it's not solving all your problems, you simply aren't using enough of it.

Thanks for the list.

As cannith crafting is still in beta testing, I'd personally have directed the comments toward the development team, but either way it's good to get the information out there.

I'd like to pretend the bug reports that are filled will get to them eventually. I'm going to guess it'll take roughly two updates to fix, rebreak, and truly fix crafted wraps. This is more so people don't have to run into the same problems we are with this mess.
    DPS: If it's not solving all your problems, you simply aren't using enough of it.

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkDwarves View Post
    I'd like to pretend the bug reports that are filled will get to them eventually. I'm going to guess it'll take roughly two updates to fix, rebreak, and truly fix crafted wraps...
    That's so cute - I should get my camera

...This is more so people don't have to run into the same problems we are with this mess.
    In all seriousness, kudos to you.
    "I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities" - Vaarsuvius, OoTS #674

The enhancement bonus is currently working on my wraps. Though I have applied the Force ritual, re-keyed them and remade without the ritual. This may be a work around. I'm gonna test to see if they will bypass DR.
    Real life is a worse grind than any MMO.
    Sarlona:
    Tirisha 25 FVS, Aierian 25 MNK, Girltank 18 FTR/ 2PALLY/5 EPIC, Seidra 25 SORC, Wikka 20 WIZ, Kylexi 20 PALLY, Stephony 20 Bard

I just made a pair of +1 cold touch handwraps and the enhancement bonus works. I added the cold touch before adding the +1. Not sure why yours are bugged.
    Sarlona:
    Tirisha 25 FVS, Aierian 25 MNK, Girltank 18 FTR/ 2PALLY/5 EPIC, Seidra 25 SORC, Wikka 20 WIZ, Kylexi 20 PALLY, Stephony 20 Bard

I'm not sure what you did with them but for all the wraps in our entire guild the enhancement bonus doesn't work. Is this both looking at the details of your combat stats in the inventory window and looking at the dice rolls as you hit the dummy?

- I read in a post that you can not add stunning to handwraps. Can someone confirm this?
    Consider it confirmed as of 7/4/11. You put the Stunning shard in the bound item device and it pulls up the stunning recipie. As soon as you add the handwrap blanks the recipie disappears.
    Things that if Turbine went all EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on, would actually make the game fun again.:
    • Giving us the racial PrE’s we were promised, before rolling out DDOStore™ Enhancement Trees.
    • Fixing physical defense for Rangers and Rogues. It’s ridiculous that you’re better off wearing Heavy Armor and ignoring your innate feats on these classes.
    • Cannith Crafting.
    • Update the named loot to put them on the same system.
    • Fixing the Cannith Challenges so that they can be 6 starred without incredible luck or store bought items.
    • Fixing all challenges to give us decent XP and ingredient returns for the unreasonable time we have to spend in most of them.

Thanks, added that to the list. Unfortunetly, that list is getting bigger...

If you have wraps with a guild augment slot, when you add an elemental damage augment, it will clear the rest of the wrap's abilities. Bug reported, but good to post the info here.

My +3 Holy Handwraps of Evil Outsider Bane with a small guild augment slot lost both holy and EOB. Not sure on the +3 but it hardly matters.
    Last edited by BananaHat; 07-05-2011 at 12:14 PM. Reason: spelling
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin
    I've never seen someone at a tabletop game say "I jump up on the wall until I get stuck in a spot where I can hit the giant but he can't hit me back for no apparent reason."

Hero

- Crafting holy on wraps does not make them bypass good DR, although you still get the 2d6 damage. This is a known issue and will be fixed... eventually.

- All enhancement bonuses to wraps DO NOT work. They give you no bonuses to hit or damage. All they do is up the minimum level of your wraps.

- Ghost touch does not work. Don't bother crafting it on wraps.

- Adding force ritual to any of your wraps makes everything about them not work. Avoid the headache and do NOT add force ritual to your crafted wraps.

- Metalline flat out doesn't work. Does not bypass any DR at all. Silver/cold iron wraps or bust!

- I read in a post that you can not add stunning to handwraps. When you add the shard and wraps to the crafting device, the recipe blanks out.

- If you have a guild slot on your crafted wraps, slotting it with elemental damage will reder the other crafted properties useless.
    Thank you for consolidating this info into one place. It will make it easier for developers to address the numerous issues with handwraps.

Also, everyone reading this please submit a bug report!
    U19 Kensei: Centered Cleaver | TR Junkie Leveling Framework

~Ying~ (10 lives), ~Hamada~(9 lives), ~Vadanken~ (6 lives), ~Kobeyashi~ (10 lives)
    Over Raided of Orien, First Level 100 Guild

It's nice that it's all in one place, but it's getting depressing that the list is growing. Daily.

Default Broken to-hit/damage on Crafted Wraps

It's worse than just the enhancement bonus not working. As others have pointed out... if you equip crafted wraps and cast Divine Favor from pally PL, my to-hit/damage actually GOES DOWN. In fact crafted wraps get worse the more buffs you have. Try it yourself:

Quote Originally Posted by Keybreaker View Post
    Ever since update 9, crafted handwraps have been short-changed both to-hit and damage bonuses. (Before update 9, the reverse was true... non-crafted handwraps were busted and crafted worked fine.)

Test for yourself and PLEASE file bug reports... lots of them.

Try this:
    (1) Equip non-crafted +5 handwraps and get buffed (GH, Ram's might, anything that raises to-hit and/or dam).
    (2) Make a note of your to hit and damage. Hit the dummy a few times to confirm.
    (3) Swap to crafted +5 handwraps... NOTICE: to-hit and dam are much, much lower!

This is even worse, try:
    (1) Equip crafted +5 handwraps. Buff up, and note your to-hit and damage bonuses.
    (2) Swap to +5 non-crafted wraps and notice your to-hit and damage are higher (what they should be).
    (3) Swap back to the same +5 crafted wraps as in #1 and sadly note that your to-hit and damage bonuses are even lower then they were when you did step #1.

This is terrible. I'm upset. Aren't you upset? File more bug reports!

And devs, please acknowledge and fix this issue!
    Keybreaker, Leader of Over Raided (Orien)

Community Member

- Crafting holy on wraps does not make them bypass good DR, although you still get the 2d6 damage. This is a known issue and will be fixed... eventually.
    Found this out myself when smacking Harry around. Disappointing!

I'm not sure what you did with them but for all the wraps in our entire guild the enhancement bonus doesn't work. Is this both looking at the details of your combat stats in the inventory window and looking at the dice rolls as you hit the dummy?
    yes along with the Die roll being used for the attack, and the details of my attack and damage in my inv window.
    Sarlona:

On the wraps I crafted wraps and the enhancement level work properly. A bug occurs if you remove or apply some damage effect. *I'm guessing PA but don't have the feat to test* Example: If I have my crafted wraps on when I equip or un-equip a TOD ring with shocking burst on it, the crafting wraps will stop working until I un-equip and re-equip them.

Edited:

Bad poster spreading false information!

Regarding holy:

Okay so I just realized that when testing on orthons whether my wraps would break DR without my TOD ring on, I forgot that they were Silver wraps which just so happens to bypass orthon DR. I haven't tested yet on other wraps but I'm guessing since the Lammania Release notes say that Holy will now bypass DR on certain wraps, that I was mistaken.
    Last edited by Tirisha; 07-07-2011 at 01:49 PM.
    Sarlona:

I will definitely test that. Not only power attack but to see if any debuff/buff screws wraps too. Doesn't do a lot of good if every time you run into an enemy divine casting prayer to have to take your wraps on and off. Same with buffs. Plus, if there's a conflict with the Power Attack feat itself I'm not even going to bother crafting wraps at all. So far you're the only person I've talked to that hasn't had these problems with it.

EDIT: Tested. Not only could we not get enhancement or the good DR bypass, we confirmed axiomatic and anarchic do not add their DR bypass properties to wraps. Ghost touch and metalline are not fixed by taking wraps on/off, switching them with other wraps, or changing a ToD/adding a ToD burst ring and then changing/taking wraps on and off. Power attack doesn't seem to effect crafted wraps ability to not function properly.
    Last edited by DrunkDwarves; 07-05-2011 at 05:29 PM.

Bump. I see a few threads closer to the top about people having some of the issues listed at the top of this thread.

Hero

From Lam patch notes posted today:

Crafted items that should bypass damage reduction (such as Holy) will now do so.
    Ghost Touch crafted handwraps now work.
    No other mention of handwrap bug fixes.
    U19 Kensei: Centered Cleaver | TR Junkie Leveling Framework

~Ying~ (10 lives), ~Hamada~(9 lives), ~Vadanken~ (6 lives), ~Kobeyashi~ (10 lives)
    Over Raided of Orien, First Level 100 Guild

Will keep you posted about any wrap fixes coming up in patch 10.1 but right now it doesn't look good. Holy may be fixed on Lamania (still need to test this) but that may be the only thing that I get to strike of this list. Enhancement bonuses are confirmed as broken in patch 10.1.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast