Thread: VoN 5

Community Member

Default VoN 5

I ask this question out of total ignorance as my group has never done any Raid quests for DDO (I hear this one is a Raid quest) so I'm not sure how feasible it is, but is it possible to complete with two players each with a hireling in the fifth Vault of Night quest? What about three people each with one if not? What level would they have to be? Also is there any hirelings known to have the 25 strength required?

You cannot use hirelings in raids, sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Philam View Post
    I nominate you as head developer of DDO!
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    That tears it. I need to get a donkey.
    Concentrated power is the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

the sides are easy enough to do with 2 or 3 people. however it is the northern hall that will give you problems short manning it with 2 or 3. better chances with 6 (4 if your group is uber)

Think you'd have problems with the air jet powered by four levers with only four people - I think VoN needs 5 absolute minimum.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trillea View Post
    You cannot use hirelings in raids, sorry.
    Shoot. Thanks. Can't get all the required stats between the three of us right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dieseltrain View Post
    the sides are easy enough to do with 2 or 3 people. however it is the northern hall that will give you problems short manning it with 2 or 3. better chances with 6 (4 if your group is uber)

Cool. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by RandomKeypress View Post
    Think you'd have problems with the air jet powered by four levers with only four people - I think VoN needs 5 absolute minimum.
    One person can pull 2 levers. I'm pretty sure two people can pull all four and still manage to get shot up if you have abundant step or wings (not 100% on this part)

Technically, it can and has been duo'ed. That requires some exceptional stat requirements and very good knowledge of the raid. Realistically, 4-6 isn't bad when done above level, and I really wouldn't go under 6 members at level.