Default Korthos: Separate channels for Sunny/Snowy.

I'm sure that as old as this game it, it may have been suggested; to separate the Korthos sunny/snowy channels;

but it's *really* frustrating when I'm trying to help somebody in Korthos general, they need me to jump in, and oops, they're on snowy side! I know the tech exists somewhere in the Turbine building, because they do something similar with the Archet intro in LotRO

(*** I am not trying to open myself to a flame war on how easy/difficult that would be to implement, because I'm not a coder, and I know the game engines are different ... but it exists!)

Thanks

Laalie.

Quomodo cecidisti de cælo, Lucifer, qui mane oriebaris. corruisti in terram, qui vulnerabas gentes.
    Qui dicebas in corde tuo: In cælum conscendam, super astra Dei exaltabo solium meum.

Hall of Famer & Hero DoctorWhofan's Avatar

I have to disagree. I have helped many people sitting in Korthos over the general and advice chat. It can be annoying, especially when they are doing party set ups, but all in all, they can get advice from vets who don't go to snowy anymore with their characters.
    +The Goddess of Tempest's Spine+Merc's Only, THELANIS: List is here: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...94#post2798094 LEGIONNAIRE /Salute to Rameses, He has RETURNED!

Community Member

As annoying as it is, imagine the poor newbies segregated into their own ghetto.

A better solution would to let everyone actually go to Snowy with the instance drop-down menu.

I don't want to see the gen chat separated, mostly because newbs have questions and a wider pool of players can help and if someone is trying to mess with the newbs by providing false info, others can provide the correct info usually with a whole bunch of players providing of the same kind of answer that is correct countering the false info.

I would rather just have the two areas combined into one. Instead of snowy and sunny, get rid of sunny and have all snowy.

If the dev's are adament about keeping snowy/sunny, in gen chat, have the instance the player is in listed before their name with snowy or sunny that way we know what side the other person is on.

Being able to switch to the other instance is also good.
    Disappointed and without trust in the powers that be.
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Fansites

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by KillEveryone View Post
    I don't want to see the gen chat separated, mostly because newbs have questions and a wider pool of players can help and if someone is trying to mess with the newbs by providing false info, others can provide the correct info usually with a whole bunch of players providing of the same kind of answer that is correct countering the false info.

I would rather just have the two areas combined into one. Instead of snowy and sunny, get rid of sunny and have all snowy.

If the dev's are adament about keeping snowy/sunny, in gen chat, have the instance the player is in listed before their name with snowy or sunny that way we know what side the other person is on.

Being able to switch to the other instance is also good.
    Sunny snowy is part of storyline... when dragon is under control of mindflayer or not. To go back to snowy instance changing does not seem a good solution to me. Better would be to have an npc mindflayer, who talks to you and says he can search your memories; you say "I guess I will let you in my head" or "No way you are messing up my head".
    Choose first choice and you are in korthos instance. And then there is a person who can wake you up from your memories (the bard who tells you where tavern in probably or someone in inn) and you are in sunny. Only those who came to sunny from snowy can go as only they can wake up. People originally at snowy can not wake up and it is reality for them.

...or something like that would help not break the storyline

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle_Gil View Post
    Sunny snowy is part of storyline... when dragon is under control of mindflayer or not. To go back to snowy instance changing does not seem a good solution to me. Better would be to have an npc mindflayer, who talks to you and says he can search your memories; you say "I guess I will let you in my head" or "No way you are messing up my head".
    Choose first choice and you are in korthos instance. And then there is a person who can wake you up from your memories (the bard who tells you where tavern in probably or someone in inn) and you are in sunny. Only those who came to sunny from snowy can go as only they can wake up. People originally at snowy can not wake up and it is reality for them.

...or something like that would help not break the storyline
    If more areas in the game did what Korthos did with the story line, I would be all for keeping them separate.

There isn't so I say get rid of the separation. The snowy/sunny side is a good idea but it is confusing to new people and a hassle to those of us that are willing to help so I feel it is more of a hindrance.
    Disappointed and without trust in the powers that be.
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Fansites

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorWhofan View Post
    I have to disagree. I have helped many people sitting in Korthos over the general and advice chat. It can be annoying, especially when they are doing party set ups, but all in all, they can get advice from vets who don't go to snowy anymore with their characters.
    ^ this. i think advice from vets is a better option then slightly more convenience when partying.
    adversity is something we face every day - for a true test, give someone power

Quote Originally Posted by stille_nacht View Post
    Click the arrow for Intro to Multiclassing
    Quote Originally Posted by stille_nacht View Post
    Frugal Pack Buying Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Frotz View Post
    As annoying as it is, imagine the poor newbies segregated into their own ghetto.

A better solution would to let everyone actually go to Snowy with the instance drop-down menu.
    Yep.
    Gasoline(tr) Favored Soul - 5th Life
    Deadwall(tr) - Soul Survivor - 2nd Life
    Gasolinex - Pale Master
    Gasomatic Systematic - Bard