Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Window Farming

Quote Originally Posted by Matuse View Post
    The only place it would really be considered and issue is Shadow Crypt, since it lets you reap the huge XP out of that quest without having to repeat the other 4 every time.

Beyond that, it's a non-issue.
    I know I LOVE the flagging quests so i would Never do this!
    “If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles" TsunTzu

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by Matuse View Post
    The only place it would really be considered and issue is Shadow Crypt, since it lets you reap the huge XP out of that quest without having to repeat the other 4 every time.

Beyond that, it's a non-issue.
    Window farming and having an opener for Shadow Crypt are not the same. You can farm out Shadow Crypt's XP without ever window farming it, or running the 4 prequests.

Windowing has been around for years. People don't get banned for it. That speaks for itself.
    U19 Kensei: Centered Cleaver | TR Junkie Leveling Framework

~Ying~ (10 lives), ~Hamada~(9 lives), ~Vadanken~ (6 lives), ~Kobeyashi~ (10 lives)
    Over Raided of Orien, First Level 100 Guild

Quote Originally Posted by SirValentine View Post
    And, really, that's not an argument against window farming, it's an argument against the horrible Necropolis flagging mechanics.
    My thoughts exactly.

I don't need to reflag for Into the Deep or Tide Turns, either. How about updating the whole Necropolis up-to-date?

But this is already off-topic. I don't want to derail this topic: So, care any dev to explain why Window Farming is not a legal method?
    Last edited by Templarion; 07-03-2011 at 09:39 AM.

It should be fairly easy to tell within a few days if this is an exploit or not. If this thread is deleted, it's an exploit, and if it's not, it's fine

In all seriousness though, it is much more difficult to fix window farming in all it's forms than it may appear at first. You have the classic "hold the door" method which could be fixed if they chose to do so. You have the "abandon the walkup quest" which could be fixed in a few different ways. You have the "2 box opener on that part of the chain" method which would be almost impossible to "fix" unless you lock people out of parts they aren't flagged for. Since you actually get a message informing you about the fact you're on the wrong part, I have to assume that Turbine is ok with you running quests you aren't flagged for.

The best way to "fix" the problem is to admit that it's not an exploit and that it's working as intended and make it legit by allowing you to repeat parts of chains without reflagging. This is a classic example of having a rule that currently is not enforced for whatever reason. The only people being punished are those that actually follow the rule (and reap the xp rewards a bit slower). That's a little bit backwards if you ask me. If a rule cannot or will not be enforced, then it shouldn't exist in the first place.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12