Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default DDO Cannith Crafting Spreadsheet - New and Improved

UPDATED for the U12 release as of 11/16/2011

Hey all. After a lot of time and effort, Damienvryce from Cannith, myself, and a couple other players from his server have finished up what we hope is going to be a highly useful crafting spreadsheet. While the wiki is a good source of textual information, this spreadsheet, if downloaded, does an excellent job of populating almost all the information you will need to build the gear you are interested in.

There are two links - one for 2010 Excel users and one for 97-2003 users. You may need to adjust your security settings to medium in order for the macros to run. There is a sheet in the file that has a decent amount of textual information regarding the sheet and its functions. Please read it over if you need help understanding how to get your sheet working for you.

EXCEL 2010
    https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0Bxc...3YTY0&hl=en_US

EXCEL 97-2003
    https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0Bxc...lYWI5&hl=en_US

This is the first time we have posted an update to the same goggle docs addresses. If the file you get appears to be the old one still, please let me know.

We did our best to provide files that everyone could access and use right away. If you run into trouble getting it to do what it is intended to, post here and hopefully Damienvryce or I can help you fix it or make the necessary changes on our end.

Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated. Managing that much information and tracking all the changes is a difficult, time consuming process. We love it when people catch our errors. =)

-Merrill (Orien)

**All credit for the dropdowns and the coding required to create them goes to Damienvryce of Cannith. If you run on that server make sure to thank him if you are enjoying his efforts.**

Damienvryce and I spend a ton of time working on this together. Please feel free to use our data for your own purposes, but if you are going to do so, please do the right thing and give full credit where credit is due.
    Last edited by Merrill_Greeneshade; 11-16-2011 at 06:48 AM. Reason: Updated Files.

Community Member

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you....did I say thank you? You just saved me hours of grind trying to go through all the recipes to plan my crafting. Love the calculators that let you input any item you want to make, then it spits out what level you need to be in each school and the total cost. Also love having all the recipes in excel where I can quickly find what I want.

Thank you....

Wow dude, thank you. Saved me around 7 hours worth of work, where do I send the check?

nice work! ty

Default Sick to my stomach

Since the "feedback" thread on the new update is growing so quickly I can't reach the end of it, I'll post my sentiments here, in the thread that contains the evidence of my love for the crafting system and the hopes that my work would help other players enjoy it as much as I have. The amount of time that Damienvryce and I, and a few others took to create this for the community is beyond count. Time online, time on Excel, time on the phone working things out.

There is no way I'll be touching this spreadsheet for an update until this is over. And, no joke, no empty threat, I may be gone from the game before the dust settles anyhow.

I'm just waiting to see how the developers actually respond to the outrage, but I'm beyond disheartened with the fact that these changes made it off of Mournlands at all, let alone the fact that they were supposedly unintentional. There is just no scenario that I can come up with in which some of the raid loot added could have found its way into some recipes by mistake...

So so disappointed.

Community Member

as a feedback to the sheet as it is: undead guard seems to be bugged. it is included in the lists, but I cannot select it in the calculation sheet(s)

otherwise, it is the best resource of crafting information currently available, but probably a bit overwhelming to new crafters

Quote Originally Posted by cru121 View Post
    as a feedback to the sheet as it is: undead guard seems to be bugged. it is included in the lists, but I cannot select it in the calculation sheet(s)
    Tried checking this out. Lesser Undead Guard is the only undead guard shard. Did you perhaps leave out the "lesser" when you were typing it in for auto complete or maybe scroll past the L's down to the U's expecting it to be there?

If that isn't what happened, explain a little more about the problem so I can try and replicate it.

Thanks for the feedback!

Merrill

Community Member

ah my fault. indeed I omitted the "lesser". sorry for the confusion.

Community Member

Default Thanks

This is just what I was looking for, nice work & Thanks for sharing

good man this is well useful +1
    aLiclan - Thelanis - Crony - Gimptalot - Shaista - Sonofhunta

Thank you for this - it's gonna make crafting something I want to do now

+1

Zaviticus | Trawn | Minithra | Drislara | Gwinyth | Overdrive | Buttermylk | Karrisa | Thundyrcat

Excellent work, totally impressed... I heard about it from all the folks on Khyber who are coming to me for stuff-craftage, they're over the moon about it. As half of them have had the link passed to them by friends without ever coming here, I thought I'd say thanks on their behalf - good job guys, +1
    Crime in multi-storey car parks: it's wrong on so many levels.

Community Member

Thumbs up

I want to add my thanks as well. That is quite a spreadsheet. Your hard work shows. I am very impressed, and very grateful.

Community Member

Great job, to help you out I will take care of the 10.1 revisions.

You open excel, go file -> new -> blank workbook.

There you go, the 10.1 recipes

We'd already taken care of that. We even uploaded it for 20 minutes but took it back down and uploaded a big piece of wood instead because we screwed up the file extension. =P
    Cannith Crafting Spreadsheet/Calculator http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...26#post3896426

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Great resource. Any plans to update it to current?
    Author of Info Blue UI Skin (Really wish Turbine would update the skinning interface and enable all the new UI parts.)
    If you don't have an SSD, you should be using DDOPreload (fixes the slow first login issue)

Exclamation UPDATE for 10.2 changes 8/1/2011

It is now current. The links at the top of this thread should now allow you to download the 1.1 version. If that doesn't happen, please let me know via this thread. This is the first time I have posted a newer version of the file to google docs.

We are working on a couple other ideas for calculators and xp calculation for the future. (Damienvryce is currently working on a calculator that does the opposite of what we have now - basically allowing the user to select the prefix or suffix from a dropdown and have it populate the item selection cell with only those items that can take said shard. From there you could still use the single item or comparison calculators to figure out what you'd need and if you could pull it off.)

Feedback is very much welcome.

Thanks!

-Merrill

Quick note of caution for those not too familiar with Excel - Be careful when you sort and what you change when using the spreadsheet as accidentally altering or deleting cells/colums/rows can destroy formulas or mix up sorted columns/rows. =)
    Last edited by Merrill_Greeneshade; 08-01-2011 at 01:29 PM.
    Cannith Crafting Spreadsheet/Calculator http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...26#post3896426

Community Member TimLearyzMajik's Avatar

Default + rep

Merrill, et al. Thank you all for all your work.

Great job on this.

I did find one thing off, the Min Level of crafted item in the Single Caclulator is off.

Please read my next post that explains this problem and gives an example...of how to reproduce the error

Again, great tool... keep up the good work.
    Last edited by Blakelore; 08-05-2011 at 11:27 PM. Reason: Removed flawed thinking.. :-)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast