Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MartinusWyllt View Post
    I expect that you're correct but it would be really nice if someone didn't have to gamble on this and there could simply be a developer confirm/deny on this ahead of time.
    Yup, with a explanation of the intended behavior so we understand how these things are likely to be handled in the future.
    Proud Recipient of At least 8 Negative Rep From NA Threads.
    Main: Sharess
    Alts: Avaril/Cyr/Cyrillia/Garagos/Inim/Lamasa/Ravella

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicMew View Post
    Has anyone tried disjuncting an icy burst'ed weapon and seeing if it retains icy burst?
    Testing on Lamannia showed Festival Icy Burst was removed (just like Race Restriction) when the item was stripped.
    Author of Info Blue UI Skin (Really wish Turbine would update the skinning interface and enable all the new UI parts.)
    If you don't have an SSD, you should be using DDOPreload (fixes the slow first login issue)

The Festival enchantments will work on crafted items, but have a higher than normal plus equivalence (since it doesn't take up an enchantment "slot"). They will affect the minimum level of the item and require sufficient potential to apply.

Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    The Festival enchantments will work on crafted items, but have a higher than normal plus equivalence (since it doesn't take up an enchantment "slot"). They will affect the minimum level of the item and require sufficient potential to apply.

for non-crafted items, will the ML (minimum level) of the item remain the same?
    (Perma) - Khyber - Official Helpers Guild Noob
    Grease is an extremely valuable party buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Asketes View Post
    for non-crafted items, will the ML (minimum level) of the item remain the same?
    Yes, non-crafted items do not adjust their ML on the fly like crafted ones do.

Quote Originally Posted by Backley View Post
    Testing on Lamannia showed Festival Icy Burst was removed (just like Race Restriction) when the item was stripped.
    I tried it with a few weapons that I had bound, but never use anymore, and not only does it remove the icy burst, but you actually get 2 prefix and 1 suffix choices to remove.

These were the pre "festival bonus" items.
    Star Firefall
    20 Rogue Assasin
    Currently on life 42 of 42 (Final Life!)

The use of potential is perfectly reasonable. But raising the ML makes putting Risia effects on crafted items rather pointless. Is it possible to use potential, without increasing ML?

The primary use of Risia is for twinking items, and crafted weapons are a bit limited for that purpose to begin with, thanks to the +1 ML. Add an additional +4 (at least, if the increase is more than normal for Frost), and any use for twinking is utterly shot.

The best end-game weapons produced by Cannith crafting are for fighting Devils, and most of them resist the frost.

The best use of Risia at end-game is for epics, but Cannith items are of limited use there as the breadth of enemies means separate banes need to be crafted. A far better option is a LitII, but that can't benefit from Risia augmentation.

Also, can you state that the +1 potential cost from stone of change rituals is or is not WAI? I really think that none of those rituals warrant that cost.

Yes, non-crafted items do not adjust their ML on the fly like crafted ones do.
    Can a Minimum level ever actually exceed 20?

Quote Originally Posted by grodon9999 View Post
    Can a Minimum level ever actually exceed 20?
    The ML on items caps at the current level cap. So currently, 20, but if the level cap ever increases, your high enchantment level items' ML will change to max at that instead.

The maximum limitation of Cannith items is the potential, which currently maxes out at 15. Which likely means that, unless the potential cap is raised, +5 Icy Burst Holy Burst of Greater Bane won't be possible, as that is exactly +15 if we assume that Icy Burst is the normal +2, which we've been told it won't be.

oh, that kind of well sucks.

Risia recipes were really about twink gear, ie all about the ML. I guess random gear >> crafted gear then in the final equation although incredibly more difficult to get the perfect item on.

Can you disjunct a weapon to a "husk" then apply the icy burst (since at that point it isnt a crafted weapon) for a no ML gain, then go in and craft on he "husk" afterwards?

Quote Originally Posted by Zzevel View Post
    Can you disjunct a weapon to a "husk" then apply the icy burst (since at that point it isnt a crafted weapon) for a no ML gain, then go in and craft on he "husk" afterwards?
    As soon as you disjunct it, it's a crafted weapon. Note the "craftable" property on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyr View Post
    Risia recipes were really about twink gear, ie all about the ML.
    My Icy Burst/Bodyfeeder/PG off-hand weapon begs to differ -- still gets pulled out at level 20. I've got quite a few handwraps that will be 'end game' wraps, too.
    The Brotherhood of BYOH--Thelanis: Charged, WF Artificer; Venomshade, Half-Elf Monk; Poxs, Fist of an Angry God; Crash, Pale Monkster

Quote Originally Posted by Morosy View Post
    Nah that's an ML 5 weapon, ml 7 with frost, ml 9 with icy burst (probably).

I'm fully expecting at this point that it ups the ml (if it works obviously), because force damage raises it and oils of incandescence raise it.
    He is correct, it is an ML7 item. It's ML4 random loot drop.

+1 Keen Falchion of PG is ML7 and I have the exact same thing in my bank at ML4 no restrictions.
    April 27th, 2011 - Dungeons and Casters Unlimited is released to the public
    Quote Originally Posted by Junts View Post
    This is an impressive min/min build.

So non crafted items are not only much lower ML but also have no drawbacks when being augmented with rituals.

I'm sure glad I spent 4 million plat leveling in crafting.....

Anything else you're planning on doing to make crafting any worse? Sorry but some of the decisions you guys are making are just flat out stupid. Heavy Fort at level 100? For real? On an item that anyone can easily acquire in 15 minutes at level 9?

Come on dude you guys can do better.
    April 27th, 2011 - Dungeons and Casters Unlimited is released to the public
    Quote Originally Posted by Junts View Post
    This is an impressive min/min build.

Quote Originally Posted by cforce View Post
    My Icy Burst/Bodyfeeder/PG off-hand weapon begs to differ -- still gets pulled out at level 20. I've got quite a few handwraps that will be 'end game' wraps, too.
    So your argument is that the exception proves the opposite?

Random loot with risia recipes do not compare well against GS or epic items in most cases.

Once you hit level 12 or so the places where random loot even with an extra icy burst compare well to named gear options/GS are less and less.

Super twink low ML icy burst RR weapon beats out anything in it's level range by a mile. Go upto end game and you have handwraps and a few situational weapons that win out by much smaller margins (for the situational weapons...handwraps fair better as named options are almost non-existent for them).

Bad developer! Spreading incorrect information!

Sorry folks. I was wrong on this one. Craftable items are not treated as "randomly generated" by the Risia upgrade system, so those items cannot be modified by it.

A thousand apologies.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by dingal View Post
    So non crafted items are not only much lower ML but also have no drawbacks when being augmented with rituals.

I'm sure glad I spent 4 million plat leveling in crafting.....

Anything else you're planning on doing to make crafting any worse? Sorry but some of the decisions you guys are making are just flat out stupid. Heavy Fort at level 100? For real? On an item that anyone can easily acquire in 15 minutes at level 9?

Come on dude you guys can do better.
    Yes they are planning on doing something to make crafting worse, now you CANNOT add risia recipes to crafted items.

Sorry folks. I was wrong on this one. Craftable items are not treated as "randomly generated" by the Risia upgrade system, so those items cannot be modified by it.

A thousand apologies.
    Seriously every time I see anything said by the developers about cannith crafting I am more and more confused about what their overall vision is for the system and how they think it will accomplish their goals based upon how they are implementing it.

Community Member

A thousand apologies.
    Is this working as intended or a bug?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast