Thread: Madness Altar

Community Member

Default Madness Altar

With u10 came the new pack and an altar in The Twelve for removing certain bad attributes from named gear and replacing it with good attributes.

So I was curious what people have been using. My Big Rock Candy tank build looks like it would benefit from the Fleshmenders Docent and the +10 reflex saves, but I think there was also a gorgon armor style atribute you could add that either stuns the attacker or stones them. I can't remember because there's nothing in wiki yet about it and I'm not logged in.

It also seems strange that not all negative attributes form the two related packs can be taken off. For instance the Staff of Mad Trickery cannot be put in the altar and have the Mind Turbulence attribute replaced. Is this intended or is it a bug and was overlooked? I'd love to take that out and add in an upgrade.

Community Member

Wait, upgrading the Trace of Madness gear removes the negative effects? I wish I had known that earlier.
    "How can you stun someone vs. Fortitude?"
    "...Punch them in the head?"
    "Oh... right."

Community Member Symar-FangofLloth's Avatar

I thought the only way to remove the negatives was to wear the trinket at the same time?
    Former Xoriat-er. Embrace the Madness.

Community Member

Well I haven't done it yet because I didn't want to waste a named item yet, but the description in the altar implies that it will remove an effect and replace it with another. The altar is by the planescaller in 12