Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Druids?

Default Druids?

I was wondering what are the community evaluation of druids? Now that they are on super discount I was thinking about getting them because I really like their passive heroic past life. I remember when they first came out everyone dissed them but now I see plenty of them around. I read the wiki but I can't say I figured out much.

Basically I'm asking, what do you do with them? Fireballs? Icestorms? Melee? Healing? Important gear
    OkarisRage, artificer master crafter
    Caldrick, mabar cleric - soon to become a mabar paladin
    Noellal, spellsinger loremistress
    Comprehensive list of cormyrean attributes

Druids have two things mainly going for them.
    Earthquake (arguably the best CC spell in the game) and all kinds of bugged fighting styles in wolf form.
    They also can heal themselves and others very well.
    Thelanis - Ethforged - Etherar - Fjirty --- Mitis Mors
    Ghallanda - Ethrayne - Ethryne --- Omnipresence
    Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKVn...wLuzB2Q/videos

The ultimate creatures on earth...but world domination comes with a price of high sp usage!

For me they are one of the most fun to play classes.. very versatile..

wolf druids are cool from the start..

caster druids are a bit diff.. they start to be cool after lv7 (that is why a lot of ppl make one and give up) i think.. and really cool once u get earthquake hehe

anyhow.. i would say dont buy it and get the menace of the underdark pack from the website store.. at 35 bucks i think u will get a lot more bang for your buck.. I really dont know why they differ so much the packs from the website from the ddo store... u get a lot more perks on the website...

Quote Originally Posted by niehues View Post
    I really dont know why they differ so much the packs from the website from the ddo store... u get a lot more perks on the website...
    You are forced to pay with real money, not with TPs earned through favors
    Cannith.

For a heroic past life go wolf and wear this item for your EQ http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Sage%27s_Locket_(Level_15)

for endgame build look at the druid section in classes many good builds there.
    Argo: Hilmir - Purkilius - Jinu - Vignir

Community Member
    Kal Vas Flam... Corp Por... Corp Por

...And then there was silence

Community Member Avenging_Angel's Avatar

At this price? Get them. You can play one life (even less than that if you are streaking) and you get your TP back even if you end up not liking it.

As for the class itself, I found it reasonably fun to play. If you are used to sorcerers, you will miss the raw firepower and the ability to mow down hordes of enemies with ease, but earthquakes and elemental spells empowered by your natural forms are beneficial to groups and help soloing. And there is the "fighting" part of the class, which is refreshing compared to the "standard" melee.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonulino View Post
    No matter what you post, there is always someone who responds with something like "Unless you are gimped, you should be able to do this with your eyes closed and one hand tied behind your back." It gets a little tiresome.

you wont regret or i would be very surpirsed. class is good for casting, melee or splashing. have great selfheal, cc and... fun. what else player may wish?
    quaerite primum regnum dei.

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

I loved the wolf druid/monk thing I made on my TR project last life. My pure caster druid was fun in heroics as well, though I haven't run him in epics much so far. So yes, get it - it's a fun class with some interesting abilities and spells, and can be made into many different versions. Definitely worth it.
    It's definitely an N-word.

Quote Originally Posted by blackdae View Post
    You are forced to pay with real money, not with TPs earned through favors
    good point.. forgot abt that

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

While I really like druids, I would remind folks that they are free to VIPs or those who buy the MotU SE, which was on sale for 75% off during the last Cyber Monday sale. I still consider the MotU SE a must-buy for every DDO player who isn't a total cheapskate - at least when it's on sale - so I wouldn't buy druids separately unless you really wanna play one now.

Value of druid?

Here is an example. I have a level 8 druid - past lives bard and wizard. Earlier today he joined an elite BB run of Taming the Flames. My druid was the one who got the key from firetrap room, and he was the last one to die -- to the bunch of earth ellies between Master Fulvio's room and the locked one. Everyone else recalled and quit. I recalled (to Tangleroot tavern), healed, ran back to the quest before it timed out -- no ship buffs. Called a hireling and completed the quest on my own.

Taming the Flames elite. On level 8. What does this tell you?
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

Some things I find that work well as a druid:

1) Wolf form. It's attack speed is 30% higher compared to base (I think), and you can use Stunning Fist in animal form. In fact, druid and monk is very popular, and there are a lot of variants. Note: I have seen exactly 2 people in the last month who use bear form. Basically, bears are tanks, and the tanking style is not very popular. Not to mention it's easy to get frustrated with the bear's slower attack speed and animations.

2) Staff builds. Druid have a first level spell called "Shillelagh" that increases the weapon dice of wooden weapons, and increases the weapon dice of staves twice as much. Add in some monk and/or rogue levels, and you have a self-healing staff user with evasion.

3) Ice Elemental Caster. When I first got a choice of druid elemental forms, I discovered that fire elemental is better at lower levels if you like quick nuking. At higher levels, however, ice elemental form is superior for a caster specced druid. I'd recommend taking the evocation DC feats, as well. Also, There is a lovely 9th level spell for ice elemental druids called "Mantle of the Icy Soul" that decreases the attack speed, movement speed, reflex saves and fortitude saves of enemies *targeted by* the user's ice spells. This is a passive effect that requires spell points and has no save. Need I say more?

druid is not done right, and still sorta buggy.. i would rate them just above barb

Quote Originally Posted by Silverleafeon View Post
    The ultimate creatures on earth...but world domination comes with a price of high sp usage!
    Reconstruct is only 25 SP =D
    You clearly meant a Bladeforged in your post and not just some dogs.

I just got off my main toon's druid bear-tank life which was a blast - I feel that bear form really is underrated. With the ability to wear dragonplate armor (which doesn't break druid oath ) and a 15% boost to AC while in dire bear mode, I was able to get a pretty good AC - on my next druid go-around i'll splash a level or 2 of fighter, just to give me more feats. I would periodically switch over to wolf form for DPSing in boss fights though. Combine this with superb healing abilities and he was a beast!

So yes, druid is a very fun class to have and flexible to all types of play styles.

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    While I really like druids, I would remind folks that they are free to VIPs or those who buy the MotU SE, which was on sale for 75% off during the last Cyber Monday sale. I still consider the MotU SE a must-buy for every DDO player who isn't a total cheapskate - at least when it's on sale - so I wouldn't buy druids separately unless you really wanna play one now.
    Cyber Monday is the first of December this year, so yes, you might like to consider buying the class then instead, if you don't already have MotU.
    Because DDO content is created by hand, some issues cannot be fixed with a global change. We must fix these issues one-by-one by hand with the help of bug reports. This includes:
    Ladder issues: please include the /loc when reporting a ladder issue

Druids are kinda weird. No gaping weaknesses. Exploit makes the desirable. I've got one, but it's an elemental form TWF thing that woulda worked better as a pure tempest ranger. But he looks cool. He's good in gimpy groups having trouble with heroic elite. But he'd be ok with the right gear solo.

I haven't played with any other druids that don't have a shield sticking out of their wolf form.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by kmoustakas View Post
    I was wondering what are the community evaluation of druids? Now that they are on super discount I was thinking about getting them because I really like their passive heroic past life. I remember when they first came out everyone dissed them but now I see plenty of them around. I read the wiki but I can't say I figured out much.

Basically I'm asking, what do you do with them? Fireballs? Icestorms? Melee? Healing? Important gear
    Well, caster druids are nice, I love them; my main's last life is a caster druid. They can heal fairly well, the CC is probably the best in the game. They one big flaw is that the spell dps is low and so, caster druids are really not for everybody because you will have to deal with the fact that those elitist pricks from Sarlona might think your toon is worthless because it doesn't dps enough. Who cares about cc and healing nowadays, their opinion.

Melee druids in wolf form are really worth it. Fun to play, good dps outcome. The fighting in wolf form is buggy sometimes but well, everything in ddo is.

Loulani (17 Druid, 2 Monk, 1 Artificer): a healer who cc's (70 Evocation DC) and does traps (110 Disable Device, 107 Search)

2014 DDO Players Council
    Community Member

Leveling a druid caster atm with 3x sorc PL and 1x wiz PL and it's the easiest thing I've ever played. Lot of fun too. Friends tell me that they can comfortably solo EEs with them so I'll see.
    ~Thelanis ~ Khyber ~

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast