Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default The 100-Favor Dash

There are up to 125 free turbine points that can be easily farmed on a new server you haven't played on yet. With six (now seven with the new German server) other servers, that makes 750 (now 875) total turbine points waiting to be farmed.

Every server grants first-time favor awards the first time you reach them with a single character. These awards are:

50 turbine points the first time you reach 5 favor
    25 turbine points the first time you reach 25 favor
    25 turbine points the first time you reach 50 favor
    50 turbine points the first time you reach 500 favor
    100 turbine points the first time you reach 1000 favor
    100 turbine points the first time you reach 2000 favor
    100 turbine points the first time you reach 3000 favor

These bonuses can only be earned once on a server, meaning if you reach 5 favor on two characters, you don't get the 50 free turbine points a second time. I also tested that you can't game the system by deleting all your characters and starting again; it's smart enough to remember that you already got your one-time bonuses.

Looking at the list, the first three awards are easily attainable, at 5, 25 and 50 favor, for a total of 100 turbine points. The game also awards a repeatable bonus 25 turbine points for every 100 favor any character earns, meaning that the first time you get to 100 favor on a server with a single character, you will have earned 125 turbine points.

The most tolerable way to do this is to break it down into stages. Whether you want to complete a given stage for all six servers at once, completely finish one server at a time, or (my recommendation) do one stage on one server once a week, it's up to you. I can tell you from experience that doing too much at once is no fun at all.

You'll typically want to use either a fighter or barbarian with 18 strength. You'll only be going to level 3 or 4, so you don't have to love the class but it needs to be overpowered at lower levels to make this easier.

Because you're only farming favor, don't bother with breakables or optionals. Just run to end of quest and finish it. No single quest in this whole guide should take longer than 5 minutes -- except the annoying 9-minute-long tutorial quest -- and many if not most can be finished in 2-3 minutes.

Stage 1: +50 turbine points from 5 favor (~30 minutes)

Create your character and run through tutorial quest.

Cannith Crystal normal
    Heyton's Rest normal
    Storehouse's Secret normal
    The Collaborator normal
    Total favor: 10

Stage 2: +25 turbine points from 25 favor (~40 minutes)

Note: Gather all three island quests in town before leaving the village, then do them all in one long loop without returning to village in between.

Cannith Crystal hard
    Heyton's Rest hard
    Storehouse's Secret hard
    The Collaborator hard
    Stopping the Sahuagin normal
    Redemption normal
    Necromancer's Doom normal
    Sacrifices normal
    Total favor: 31

Stage 3: +25 turbine points from 50 favor (~40 minutes)

Stopping the Sahuagin hard
    Redemption hard
    Necromancer's Doom hard
    Sacrifices hard
    Recovering the Lost Tome normal
    Bringing the Light normal
    Information Is Key normal
    Defend Haverdasher normal
    Total favor: 53

Stage 4: +25 turbine points from 100 favor (~90 minutes)

Cannith Crystal elite
    Heyton's Rest elite
    Storehouse's Secret elite
    The Collaborator elite
    Stopping the Sahuagin elite
    Redemption elite
    Necromancer's Doom elite
    Sacrifices elite
    Recovering the Lost Tome hard
    Bringing the Light hard
    Information Is Key hard
    Defend Haverdasher hard
    Durk's Got a Secret normal
    Garrison's Missing Pack normal
    The Kobold's New Ringleader normal (take the shortcut)
    The Sunken Sewer normal
    Total Favor: 100

The first three stages are much more manageable than the last one, which is a real killer. Ideally there would be two people doing stage 4 together to make it quicker. Since you get 100 of the 125 turbine points from the first three stages, I wouldn't plan on doing any Stage 4 runs until you get really desperate for some extra turbine points.

EDIT: After doing this a bunch of times, here's a build I can recommend. If you didn't buy veteran status (I did not) you'll only get to level 3, but I included up to level 4 in case you did.

Least Dragonmark of Passage greatly speeds up the process with its Expeditious Retreat clickie of 1 minute per level, 3 charges per rest. The extra charge from the enhancement gives you the ability to constantly have exp retreat going, both in quests and between quests. (The Anger's Step clickie also helps.)

Code:
    Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 3.8.0
    DDO Character Planner Home Page

Favor Farmer
    Level 4 True Neutral Human Male
    (4 Fighter) 
    Hit Points: 104
    Spell Points: 0 
    BAB: 4\4
    Fortitude: 6
    Reflex: 2
    Will: 0

Starting          Feat/Enhancement
    Abilities        Base Stats          Modified Stats
    (28 Point)       (Level 1)             (Level 4)
    Strength             18                    20
    Dexterity            12                    12
    Constitution         14(16)                14
    Intelligence         10                    10
    Wisdom                8                     8
    Charisma              8                     8

Starting          Feat/Enhancement
                     Base Skills         Modified Skills
    Skills           (Level 1)            (Level 4)
    Balance               1                     3
    Bluff                -1                    -1
    Concentration         2                     2
    Diplomacy            -1                    -1
    Disable Device        n/a                   n/a
    Haggle               -1                    -1
    Heal                 -1                    -1
    Hide                  1                     1
    Intimidate            3                     6
    Jump                  8                    12
    Listen               -1                    -1
    Move Silently         1                     1
    Open Lock             n/a                   n/a
    Perform              n/a                   n/a
    Repair                0                     0
    Search                0                     0
    Spot                 -1                    -1
    Swim                  8                    12
    Tumble                n/a                   n/a
    Use Magic Device     n/a                   n/a

Notable Equipment
    Ember Great Axe
    Anger's Step 
    Rugged Belt
    Spear Bane
    Protector's Gloves
    Ring of Waterbreathing
    Feather Cloak
    Goggles of Insight

Level 1 (Fighter)
    Skill: Intimidate (+4)
    Skill: Jump (+4)
    Skill: Swim (+4)
    Feat: (Selected)Least Dragonmark of Passage
    Feat: (Human Bonus) Toughness
    Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Power Attack
    Enhancement: Fighter Toughness I
    Enhancement: Fighter Haste Boost I
    Enhancement: Human Versatility I

Level 2 (Fighter)
    Skill: Intimidate (+1)
    Skill: Jump (+1)
    Skill: Swim (+1)
    Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Cleave
    Enhancement: Extra Dragonmark Use I
    Enhancement: Human Improved Recovery I
    Enhancement: Fighter Strength I

Level 3 (Fighter)
    Feat: (Selected) Two Handed Fighting
    Enhancement: Fighter Item Defense I
    Enhancement: Racial Toughness I

Level 4 (Fighter)
    Ability Raise: STR
    Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Great Cleave
    Enhancement: Fighter Haste Boost II
    Enhancement: Human Versatility II
    Enhancement: Fighter Toughness II

Only one small point there are 7 servers.. As for the rest very nice Job thanks for this.
    Sleeps

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepsalot View Post
    Only one small point there are 7 servers.. As for the rest very nice Job thanks for this.
    Sleeps
    True, but it's written under the assumption that one of them doesn't count because you're actually playing on it and have already earned the first 100 favor there. heh.

Still 7 no matter how you want to call it but what ever is okay with me. Some new player smay just decided to do all this first the pick a server to home base on..

Still 7 no matter how you want to call it but what ever is okay with me. Some new player smay just decided to do all this first the pick a server to home base on..
    That's actually not a bad idea at all. I've done stage 3 on all of them, stage 4 on three of them, and you definitely get a feel for the "vibe" of the different servers while doing this.

I usually toss up an LFM while running the stages and take whoever applies, and have had some solid experiences with the pugs that resulted.

(Also, note that I didn't say there were six servers, I said there were six "other" servers.)

Stage 5.

Step 1.Get 100 favor & your free 25
    Step 2. Delete char
    Step 3. Reroll char
    Step 4. Go back to step 1

Easiest & most effective way to do this is to do the folowing quests:

Storehouse Hard
    Cannith or Heytons Elite (no need for both)
    Colleberator Elite

Done with Korthos, now jump to Harbor

Bringing the light Elite
    Info is the key Elite
    Heavedasher Elite
    Durks Elite
    Garissons missing pack Elite
    Kobolds new ringleader Elite

Now jump for the last 2 to Marketplace

Sunken sewer Elite
    Missing in action Elite

If you have an opener & someone whos willing to help it could take you 25-35 mins to get 25 tp.
    If you are experienced & dualboxing with 2 or 3 more people it can take you 15-20 mins for free 25 tp.
    This nets you exactly 100 favor & i would say this is the real meaning of a 100 favor dash as this is done by experienced players f2p,prem & vip to make their ddo gaming a bit less expensive.
    I would suggest to get 500 favor on each server as well as it doesnt take to much time-> you unlock the drow on 400 & get a feel on 7 different builds (as youl have to level a char to around 7-8 to do this)
    Tnx turbine for implementing this, your the best!
    Last edited by Blackheartox; 06-30-2011 at 02:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackheartox View Post
    If you have an opener & someone whos willing to help it could take you 25-35 mins to get 25 tp.
    If you are experienced & dualboxing with 2 or 3 more people it can take you 15-20 mins for free 25 tp.
    This sounds great for your main server, provided you have an extra character slot to work with and guildmates willing to help out. On the servers where you don't play, not so much.

Unless you have VIP and have bought Veteran Status, in which case it'll work great. The guide in the OP is targeted to your average f2p or premium player who doesn't dual-box or have any contacts on the other servers.

Well I am VIP and Vet Status. So most my quests get done on elite. Most times my g/f and I run together with a couple Hirelings. So sort of cuts down on time needed to gather the points. As for deleting and redoing back to 100 favor haven't done it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackheartox View Post
    I highly doubt you can consistently earn 25TP in 15 minutes, but even were making 100TP an hour somehow possible, it is hardly free.

Even without a sale, you can buy 5000TP for $50, or 100TP for $1. Can you earn more than $1 working that same hour at a job?

If so then by sitting in front of your computer running the same boring 11 quests over and over on characters you don't intend to keep, you are not earnigng TP for "free," you are technically losing money.

I find it much preferable and a better use of time to do the same boring thing over and over at a job that pays me more than $1 an hour, and then relax with this game playing characters I intend to keep, and using them to run the raids and quests I want to.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by dysmetria View Post
    i Highly Doubt You Can Consistently Earn 25tp In 15 Minutes, But Even Were Making 100tp An Hour Somehow Possible, It Is Hardly Free.

Even Without A Sale, You Can Buy 5000tp For $50, Or 100tp For $1. Can You Earn More Than $1 Working That Same Hour At A Job?

If So Then By Sitting In Front Of Your Computer Running The Same Boring 11 Quests Over And Over On Characters You Don't Intend To Keep, You Are Not Earnigng Tp For "free," You Are Technically losing Money.

I Find It Much Preferable And A Better Use Of Time To Do The Same Boring Thing Over And Over At A Job That Pays Me More Than $1 An Hour, And Then Relax With This Game Playing Characters I Intend To Keep, And Using Them To Run The Raids And Quests I Want To.
    Qft

It is Strange how some one decides for me what is fun. I do like playing the game and the quest are no big deal. As for earning TP some do it one way others do it another. I am the one that chooses how I spend my time. Not that it matters YES they are FREE if I am doing what I LIKE.... So really your point is not valid here at all.. You Play the way you want others will play the way they want. For a new player this guide is a good thing the way I see it.
    Sleeps

Quote Originally Posted by Dysmetria View Post
    I highly doubt you can consistently earn 25TP in 15 minutes, but even were making 100TP an hour somehow possible, it is hardly free.

Even without a sale, you can buy 5000TP for $50, or 100TP for $1. Can you earn more than $1 working that same hour at a job?

If so then by sitting in front of your computer running the same boring 11 quests over and over on characters you don't intend to keep, you are not earnigng TP for "free," you are technically losing money.

I find it much preferable and a better use of time to do the same boring thing over and over at a job that pays me more than $1 an hour, and then relax with this game playing characters I intend to keep, and using them to run the raids and quests I want to.

It is Strange how some one decides for me what is fun.
    I never mentioned the word fun, and certainly have no way to decide what is fun for you. I think it is strange you apparently decided to believe otherwise.

Well maybe I took it wrong if so then I say sorry.
    Sleeps

Quote Originally Posted by Dysmetria View Post
    I never mentioned the word fun, and certainly have no way to decide what is fun for you. I think it is strange you apparently decided to believe otherwise.

Not to go into any sort of arguments il say it from my side. I find it (still) more time worth to grind tp then to grind for large devil scales in vale. & yes it is possible to grind 75-100 tp per hour & its pretty easy if you know the drill. Im busy in Rl now but, 2 weeks ago i grinded around 150-200 tp per day. In around 2-3 hours.
    I was stuck on timers on raids epics, have 1 main & didnt know what to do.
    I found it to be more worth to do this then to build 15 chars & play with each one of them.
    I aggre with the post on how its more worth to find a job but there a couple of more issues that Im stuck with. As im not playing the game the min max way, the i must be the best in 3 months way i can spare time from my life to grind all i want.
    I know some people have a "bug" with this way of thinking but i dont care. Do you care? Yes i think you care, cause you would encourage the people to do this if they wish, not sprout nonsene how its impossible to do.
    Ddo is a fun, roleplay game that is f2p. "f2p" - you know the word? right? Its not offlimits to players who dont wish to pay, cause not all people are willing to pay or have the money.
    Turbine has nothing against people who are tp grinders, so i ask you: "Why do you have?"
    So instead pushing every idea on tp hunting in the direction "waste of time", you should accept that there are people who are willing to run through korthos 10000 times.

Il write it again:" Its IMHO more time consuming to get 1 char epic gear rdy then to farm tp & buy 3-5 packs".

Always the same conclusion from those sort of forums.
    F2p are noobs, vips are great, prem are the best.
    Paying for the game or playing since 2006 doesnt make you a good player.
    It should make you better, but ive seen some clear in game evidence (as all of you have) that there are still some people who play the game for 5 long years & still dont know what they do.

Sigh.
    Neg rep, come to papa lol
    Last edited by Blackheartox; 06-30-2011 at 06:18 AM.

Hmm, are you sure this is only for f2ps? Have tried two separate accounts (one VIP and one Premium), and several servers where I had zero characters...and not getting favor reward till I hit the 100 mark.

Quote Originally Posted by NytCrawlr View Post
    Hmm, are you sure this is only for f2ps? Have tried two separate accounts (one VIP and one Premium), and several servers where I had zero characters...and not getting favor reward till I hit the 100 mark.

Are you checking at 5, 25, and 50? This definitely worked for me, but it only works once per server.

It worked for me I got 300 tp in 2 days on the Six servers that I didn't have any toons on.. I just ran each server to 25 favor so far have not done any more.. I also made a F2P account to test it out on 2 servers so far. Just up to 5 favor so far...

Sleeps

Quote Originally Posted by NytCrawlr View Post

So even skipping stage 4 and hitting your times we are talking about a grind...one which has no real in game benefit other than turbine points. So basically you are working for less than one dollar an hr. I will pass and pay the 10 bucks ang get my 2 days back
    ****Thenn*Thenna*Thennn*Andthenn*Thennagain*Demoni ck*Archonn*Bruntar*Bramtor*Shandrill*Vyag Ra..Darsinn****

Well I didn't spend a lot of time but used time for 2 different days.. Took maybe 3 hours total time.. And as I had nothing better to do was good for me..

Sleeps

Quote Originally Posted by DropList View Post
    So even skipping stage 4 and hitting your times we are talking about a grind...one which has no real in game benefit other than turbine points. So basically you are working for less than one dollar an hr. I will pass and pay the 10 bucks ang get my 2 days back

I'm VIP with vet status so farming favor isn't a big deal at all. Normally VIP's only get allotted 500 turbine points per month (hooray for double points!). You can expect many, like me, to blow that on stuff like jewels of fortune, experience elixers, and spell change pots. But there's other random stuff I may want to nab on a whim that will make my playing experience a little bit more fun and i'm not going to pay extra for it.

What I buy the most are guest passes to let other f2p friends or guildmates or whoever come play with me. I also like to drag said people along with me on the favor grinds so that they can start purchasing some content for themselves. It's a game and I don't mind the grind, I can do a run in 20-25 minutes with just a hireling and letting people pike. If I fill a raid party with those people, then that's $11 an hour that I can earn for other people while playing a game in addition to the $1 worth of points per hour that I earn for myself. I'm not going to send money to people I play a game with on the internet, so this is something that I can't accomplish through work.

You have the concept of opportunity cost down for sure, but you are ignoring the utils of satisfaction gained by playing the game. For many people the diminishing returns of enjoyment from repeating the same activity are slow or not a measurable issue. So, in practice, you are not losing money to the opportunity cost of other things you might be doing but are actually profiting from the time spent via enjoyment. The fact that you can help other people to have access to the things that you want to play helps. If I want to do a von/pon run and my guildmate wants to run with me, I can go do 2-3 favor runs with them hand them a guest pass and they will be 50-75 points closer to purchasing another adventure pack. Most of the stuff that you'll be grabbing guest passes to will be raids that go on timers anyway. I spend an hour and a half doing favor runs over a three day period (20-25 mins a day) and my
    f2p BA cleric friend can raid with me. Mint. Economics rules and can be a good tool for everyday life, but there really is more to it than what is somewhat common knowledge such as opportunity cost or the supply/demand relationships. As a general rule of thumb, if it doesn't feel like you are wasting your time then you aren't.

On a side note, if you are using vet status then you might want to consider a warforged arcane (if you toss the revolving grind character a Power 4 mace or something and nab the archivists necklace then sp isnt a big issue even for wizard) and grabbing a lvl 3 WF barb hireling or something from the market. Between web, niacs, scorching ray, charm, or whatever other spell you like you can pretty much slaughter everything in 1-2 shots with little effort. It's low enough that the spells still hit solid and high enough that low health/sp aren't a real issue. As a WF with a WF hireling you're also a healer. Last but not least, you get expeditious retreat which will make getting around and completing the runs a LOT faster. Go with whatever works for you, barbs are still good and have haste boost, but i've found WF arcanes to be a perfect fit for the task.
    Last edited by Adrenas; 07-27-2011 at 04:13 PM.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast