Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1

    Default What is abusive behavior.. hmmmm

    Hmm how to aviod people that you dont agree with or don't like there playstyle...

    /squelch, then leave group.. WOW that was hard....

    If the person goes around begging your friends are guildmates after the fact..

    Report to Trubine...

    I will never understand complicating it more then that.

    If you want to get into further discussion go to none game sight please, I don't care about your personal opionions....

    Though reality some just want to push there views and sterotypes on use all.

    I am sure this some how goes against Trubine rules, not sure how since never read them and never will. (Probably made them so general almost anything can be consider against there rules of conduct.) It a freaking game forum chat nothing more and nothing less. We all forget this all the time, this is a game no one is force to play and no one has to stay. What will happen if we dont play ddo tomorrrow, oh no the world will end.
    Last edited by dragonofsteel2; 06-29-2011 at 08:47 PM. Reason: Becuase i felt like it

  2. #2
    Community Member Thucydides04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    London, KY
    Posts
    807

    Default

    /signed
    Wyclef
    AoK

  3. #3
    Community Member Krago's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    641

    Default

    Is there still the limit of the number of people you can have squelched?
    3 Rules to Life

    1.) "Dont teach a pig how to sing because it wastes your time and annoys the pig."
    2.) "Never wrestle a pig in mud, because you get dirty and the pig enjoys it."
    3.) "Never argue with an idiot because people watching cannot tell the difference."
    Krago - Dwarven Barbarian

  4. #4
    Uber Completionist Lithic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    7,959

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dragonofsteel2 View Post
    , I don't care about your personal opionions....
    Truer words were never written. Please follow your own advice.
    Star Firefall
    20 Rogue Assasin
    Currently on life 42 of 42 (Final Life!)

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Krago View Post
    Is there still the limit of the number of people you can have squelched?
    Yes. I forget what the limit is, but there definitely is one and if you're the type to do a lot of squelching, the limit will be reached. I haven't gotten there, but friends/guildys have and I've heard complaints about it.
    Ascent, Argonnessen ~ Cleatus Yogurthawker | Isostatic Rebound | Mohorovicic Discontinuity | Angular Unconformity
    Ghalanda ~
    Feldspathic Greywacke

  6. #6
    Community Member Arnhelm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Denver, CO, USA
    Posts
    2,269

    Default

    I understand the /squelch limit got raised.

    What I do is keep a notebook by my keyboard, then note the name, date, and incident that demonstrates someone is incompatible with my preferred playstyle. Later I transfer that to a spreadsheet.

    Works for me, and I don't have to squelch people any more.

  7. #7
    The Hatchery BruceTheHoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,107

    Default

    I've never squelched anyone (btw, does this make me a hippy? ).
    Can you later check who is on your naughty list and can you remove them from there?

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BruceTheHoon View Post
    I've never squelched anyone (btw, does this make me a hippy? ).
    Can you later check who is on your naughty list and can you remove them from there?
    Yep.

    /squelch add [name]

    /squelch list

    /squelch remove [name]

    Sometimes I use it temporarily for that one guy whose mic is blowing out my eardrums but is otherwise not worthy of squelching, then take him off the list after the quest. Not a very good solution for the lack of individual volume controls, but it's an option.
    Last edited by Stanley_Nicholas; 06-30-2011 at 03:20 PM.
    Ascent, Argonnessen ~ Cleatus Yogurthawker | Isostatic Rebound | Mohorovicic Discontinuity | Angular Unconformity
    Ghalanda ~
    Feldspathic Greywacke

  9. #9
    Community Member crazy7381's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    330

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arnhelm View Post
    I understand the /squelch limit got raised.

    What I do is keep a notebook by my keyboard, then note the name, date, and incident that demonstrates someone is incompatible with my preferred playstyle. Later I transfer that to a spreadsheet.

    Works for me, and I don't have to squelch people any more.
    Wow thats dedication no sarcasm intended but you even document date and time its like a traffic accident. bravo
    Can I get some + rep love I miss my green squares =-(

    Repeat Offenders-Leader and currently only member woot!
    Quazicotl, Quazihealz

  10. #10
    Community Member Milamber69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Australia, mate
    Posts
    1,004

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Arnhelm View Post
    I understand the /squelch limit got raised.

    What I do is keep a notebook by my keyboard, then note the name, date, and incident that demonstrates someone is incompatible with my preferred playstyle. Later I transfer that to a spreadsheet.

    Works for me, and I don't have to squelch people any more.
    Is it in alphabetical order?

  11. #11
    Uber Completionist Lithic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    7,959

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Milamber69 View Post
    Is it in alphabetical order?
    I think its in order that you added them. Ask tink, she would know.
    Star Firefall
    20 Rogue Assasin
    Currently on life 42 of 42 (Final Life!)

  12. #12
    Founder & Build Synthesis Battlehawke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    2,311

    Default Really?

    #1) If you didn't care, you would't have made this post.

    #2) If you didn't care, you wouldn't have Forum Rep disabled.

    #3) If you did't care, you wouldn't have to squelch people.

    #4) If you didn't care you wouldn't be arguing with them and have to squelch them.

    #5) If you didn't care you wouldn't be asking for peoples opinions.

    #6) No matter how good the healer is...., he/she can't fix stupid.
    The Best Server: Gallhanda

    Looking for a great guild? Check Out Our Guild: http://www.oldtimersguild.com/vb/forum.php

    Looking for some good builds to play? https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...for-Characters

  13. #13
    Community Member Narmolanya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Fresno, California
    Posts
    775

    Default

    I think a lot of people get squelch happy and squelch over everything. Not my style but I understand why people do it. In four years I have squelched a total of two players. One was a kid who kept yelling in his mic to the point I just couldn't bear it anymore. The second was someone who was making hate comments in harbor chat.

    The reason I don't go squelch happy is because sometimes my first impression could be wrong. Take for example about three weeks ago I ran Running With the Devils and there was one party member that I just couldn't stand. I mean I really, really disliked him. He didnt do anything to me personally but later that night I was telling my wife how much I disliked this guy in the game. Three weeks go by and I forget about it and end up in a Shroud run with this really cool guy. I then realize it's the same character and player I couldn't stand three weeks before.

    My point is maybe we all shouldn't be so quick to judgement and give other players a chance to make up for bad first impressions.
    My real forum Join date is July 2007. Maybe one day someone will develop the awsome technology to fix this currently unfixable bug.

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Battlehawke View Post
    #1) If you didn't care, you would't have made this post.

    #2) If you didn't care, you wouldn't have Forum Rep disabled.

    #3) If you did't care, you wouldn't have to squelch people.

    #4) If you didn't care you wouldn't be arguing with them and have to squelch them.

    #5) If you didn't care you wouldn't be asking for peoples opinions.

    #6) No matter how good the healer is...., he/she can't fix 1stupid.
    Lmao, yeah that why I did all.. to meet people like you p.. I knew someone out there would give me a good laugh. Group with me sometime p, then might relize I don't care.. Though you still might be bullheaded and think you know everyone out there. Like anything you say are do in this post will have much of effect on the way I play the game are do stuff.

    Why should I care about what none friends think? It really not like anythink they do are say in this game really affects me.

    Person likes giving opinions must care about others out there. Reality IF You read it's a game and your opinion is not going change the way I play, so why again should I care about it and how does any of this stuff you wrote prove I do.

    Though I have learn getting dumb responses as above is easy and always a good laugh. Because the gensis above is in my mind and knows how it works.

    1. Why do people make forum post?

    Maybe boredom or just looking for a good laugh reading the response.

    Might be to see if can get a post by the Trubine police for fun.

    2. Why did I response to you, because I felt like it. No other reason. It not going to matter what u say are dont say in a response to me.

    Boredom with the game plays into this... When I am having fun tend not to pay attention to forum post. Though forum post can be a good laugh at times.

    So please gensis tell me what I think and care about, becase I wrote a post.

    Last I dismantle forum Rep, because I think it is childish. Though all in title there opionions, but since really dont care about them I took it off so dont have to see them.

  15. #15
    Community Member toughguyjoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    4,043

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dragonofsteel2 View Post
    Why should I care about what none friends think? It really not like anythink they do are say in this game really affects me.
    Winning.
    Quote Originally Posted by gamblerjoe View Post
    if u put 1000 smurves in front of 1000 computers, eventually one of them will make a pally that isnt a complete abomination.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonofsteel2 View Post
    Why should I care about what none friends think? It really not like anythink they do are say in this game really affects me.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload