Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hrmm... What an idea!

I could go so far as to name the character "Jayne" as well!

Sorry Adam, I cant rip so far as to let Jayne be a male.
    Ghallanda - Ballistics 20 Sorc, Calloused 18 Fighter/2Rogue, Callosity 20 Barbarian, Warath 18 Fvs, 2 Monk

Hey Callo !

More then 25 years of DMing made me a name generator, the thing i like the mcuh is tavern names but maybe i can help here is a big name, feel free to select some part of it

Dwarf
    Agotferionacktenimngadagderumptarkiotsaarfiongtont amperatferucderraconamerrogjarintarefongdamagde

Elf
    Elassalianimilfayanelmoniachurithosicalessbuliness afalniuhouanimdecalwiourthretalmopilatemcalnovitre ssonam

Gnome
    Bulbanemgukviglorpumdabatofisckogmopagdemvotifulla gepadletopouglertifnhurdmanpoltovlatipopsobulnolf

Drow
    Irxitalchrrvraktekfruchtissmilnarkerfkracssrioufra schierkjurtarfwrumluivirchorfvretackiarscuoyarchre yalfrixeroth

Kobold
    Too lazy, just revert drow.

Sorry ^^
    Exiled from the european server Devourer (Release -> aug09) to Ghallanda (aug09 -> today) Main toons: Boite - Trovilain - Vraiment - Ahagun - Lagrosse - Ongdamagde - Tronche - Fekh - Fekhdemotiil
    Proud member of the Ghallandian guild Mekanik Destruktiw Kommandoh

Quote Originally Posted by Rapagun View Post
    Hey Callo !

More then 25 years of DMing made me a name generator, the thing i like the mcuh is tavern names but maybe i can help here is a big name, feel free to select some part of it

Dwarf
    Agotferionacktenimngadagderumptarkiotsaarfiongtont amperatferucderraconamerrogjarintarefongdamagde

Elf
    Elassalianimilfayanelmoniachurithosicalessbuliness afalniuhouanimdecalwiourthretalmopilatemcalnovitre ssonam

Gnome
    Bulbanemgukviglorpumdabatofisckogmopagdemvotifulla gepadletopouglertifnhurdmanpoltovlatipopsobulnolf

Drow
    Irxitalchrrvraktekfruchtissmilnarkerfkracssrioufra schierkjurtarfwrumluivirchorfvretackiarscuoyarchre yalfrixeroth

Kobold
    Too lazy, just revert drow.

Sorry ^^
    Omg, I just thought of a name!

I am going to have a boil covered, disease ridden Orc named Boite! what a novel idea!

P.S. Stop playing RIFT! I came back to DDO, and you're no longer here... im bored!
    Ghallanda - Ballistics 20 Sorc, Calloused 18 Fighter/2Rogue, Callosity 20 Barbarian, Warath 18 Fvs, 2 Monk

Lrel Jayden (jk)

I'm one of those people that can take hours to name a character. What I usually do is think of a word or short phrase that fits the character, then send it through a language translator based on the race of the character.
    Elvish for elves, Gaelic for humans, Norse for dwarves, etc.

The word 'strong' for example

Elvish: Beleg

Gaelic: Lùthmhor

Norse: Rammligr

If I need something longer I'll use a phrase instead. My favored soul's name is Elvish for 'Angel of Blades'

Hope this helps.

(I have no idea how accurate the translations are, but they sound good )
    Sarlona ~ Lrenaj Mornaur ♦ Lrel Jayden ♦ WeepingAngel

Community Member sativathered6977's Avatar

well if it helps you can use a few of my character names:

Azaria

Dartanya

i kinda like them...in my guild Azaria is queen lol....(they love to humor me)
    Quote Originally Posted by Comfortably View Post
    Light up the darkness, Az.

Quote Originally Posted by ainmosni View Post
    anything in finnish sounds awesome, almost all my toons have finnish names, not because i speak finnish, but because they work. it doesnt have to be an exact word from the finnish language but you can definitely get some inspiration.

my (ex) barbarian dorf's name (currently 15th level half-orc sellout) is 'soturi', which is finnish for 'warrior'. (before i get any pm's, no, i am not sothari. i apologize to any stalkers/groupies of soth for any confusion.)

just as a random example, the word "hammer" in finnish is "Vasara." just randomly replace some vowels and there's yer elf female name.

oh, doesnt work too well with human names as far as i can tell. but im not very imaginative.

Putoaa silta = Falls off bridge

Quote Originally Posted by grodon9999 View Post
    Putoaa silta = Falls off bridge
    Raivoaa ja Sulkeutuu- rages and quits

Soturi . Ghallanda Rerolled
    [7/18/2012 12:22:24 AM] D. H.: i mean, i'm not as experienced as, say, a vegas hooker, but i can confidently say that you're a lot more aggressive than like 90% of the guys i've been with.

Quote Originally Posted by Diarden View Post
    Omg, I just thought of a name!

I am going to have a boil covered, disease ridden Orc named Boite! what a novel idea!

P.S. Stop playing RIFT! I came back to DDO, and you're no longer here... im bored!
    hehe you honor me but my name is Boite a Clou (Nail box)

PS: I start getting bored of rift but as DDo devs seem to not respect their word and don't give us epic content I stay away, i may give a try to Black Prophecy soon, see ya
    Exiled from the european server Devourer (Release -> aug09) to Ghallanda (aug09 -> today) Main toons: Boite - Trovilain - Vraiment - Ahagun - Lagrosse - Ongdamagde - Tronche - Fekh - Fekhdemotiil
    Proud member of the Ghallandian guild Mekanik Destruktiw Kommandoh

Default Name

I have a Halfling monk named "Thistledorf" on G-Land. It would probably work for a quirky dwarf too. Feel free to use it.

I have a Dwarf named Zarrik Hammerfist of the Hammerfist clan. We started out underground, but a dragon found our home and decided he would like to use it. Most of my cousins and family's bones are his bed.

Community Member

Human Royalty

Prince Taimalitanikanithan III (Taimalitan son of Kanithan); friends call him Tai

I think Ooglee kind of rings a bell.
    Ooglys Pet WF 18Wiz/2Rogue, Oogli 18 Bard/2Fighter, Ooog Ly 12 fighter/6 Ranger/2 Monk, Ogly 20th Cleric, Oogly 20th Rogue, Ooogly 20th Paladin, Oooogly 20th Fighter , Gallion 20th Sorcerer

Siobhan is quite underused. (Pronounced Shi-von)
    Alexandria: ~TR~ Barb, cap. Elzibith: Barb, lvl 15. Luaidhean: Casting Cleric, cap. Premika: Battle FvS, cap. Siobhann: Battle Bard, cap. Temperrance: ~TR~ Monk, lvl 18. Treaka: ~TR~ Arti, lvl 13. Venngeance: DPS Ranger, cap. Yzabelle: ~TR~ Sorc, lvl 16
    The Sabbat, Ghallanda

Quote Originally Posted by Diarden View Post
    My biggest roadblock seems to be dwarven names,
    Shoot some options below if you feel humored enough. Please, if you do deem to flame me, do so on another thread where I make it warranted.
    For a Dwarf surname name you combine a body part and some type of mineral or ore that is in conjuntion with their Trade.

Examples:
    Bard: Bromlich the SilverTongue
    Fighter: Bromlich IronFooted
    Monk: Bromlich of GraniteFists
    Wizard: Bromlich QuartzEye'd

Heres a few...

Bill, Tom, Dave.....

And my personal favorite, Bill T. Davidson
    Gasoline(tr) Favored Soul - 5th Life
    Deadwall(tr) - Soul Survivor - 2nd Life
    Gasolinex - Pale Master
    Gasomatic Systematic - Bard