Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 75
  1. #21
    Community Member protokon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Sandy, UT
    Posts
    2,486

    Default

    in PVP, anything is legal. That's just the way it is.

    The only thing I would agree with would be your listing of appropriate level ranges to attack (in a tavern brawl).
    Proud member of Renowned, Thelanis server.

  2. #22
    Community Member Rogann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    721

    Default

    Lmao stop wasting your time bud, there are no rules not to mention its just a caster **** fest

  3. #23

    Default

    Fallen former minion of the Gelatinous Cube
    Proud Member of Ascent
    Arko Highstar
    Arckos Highstar

  4. #24
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ****ens View Post
    Hello! I am here to inform some of some PvP rules! (Listen up your power word stun NOOBS)


    Level:
    The challenger must be within 4 levels of his opponent, only challenges with people of levels under that can be made with someone more then 4 levels under you who have challenged you, you may not challenge them.

    Double Teaming:
    Double teaming is genrally not accepted unless the two challengers added up level is within the level range of the opponent (see Level) such as level 9 + level 8 can attack a level 13,14,15,16,17,18,19, or 20.

    Spells:
    Please casters, dont use these,

    Power Word Stun
    Finger Of Death
    Ottos Irresistable Dance
    Command
    Wizard Past Life Ability
    Eladers Electric Surge
    Niacs Biting Cold

    Ledge Hopping:
    ummmmmm... no

    Trip and Stun:
    These are perfectly legal, how else will people get those hoppy casters?

    Bard songs:
    Of course, I mean, what else do bards really have?

    Manyshot and Slaying Arrows:
    Slaying Arrows: Yes
    Manyshot: No

    Well, that pretty much covers everything :P
    Goodbye!!!:D
    Its unspoken rules those people dont abide by because its the only thing they got going for there sad little toons. So let them think there awesome in a small little room. Ill go do an epic which most of the guys dont even own the content for ^^.

  5. #25
    Community Member dkyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    5,477

    Default

    Dude, you're totally awesome because you run Epics that you even own the content for.

    Oh, and nice necro.

  6. #26
    Community Member cwfergtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Fort Worth,Texas
    Posts
    599

    Default Rules

    Quote Originally Posted by Enoach View Post
    I do agree that it is bad form in the Pits to:
    • Incapacitate a player with no intension of killing them
    lol, i did this once. was changing enchancements and wanted to see what the differences were. had a melee that was willing to let me cast certain spells on him to see what the damage results were before and after the enhancement changes. another player came down and kept killing me even after i explained that i was testing stuff. he would not stop and stated since i was in the pvp i was fair game. so i changed toons and came back on my higher caster and flesh to stone him. then set there and watched him whine about being stoned. did this to him six times in a row since he killed me six times in a row.

  7. #27
    Community Member cwfergtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Fort Worth,Texas
    Posts
    599

    Default Great ideal

    Quote Originally Posted by cdemeritt View Post
    Rules to PvP.... Hah!

    Rules such as the ones you listed are why I don't PvP at all anymore, and why so many are against PvP entirely...

    One of my earliest experiences with PvP was a "guild togetherness night" where we took over a brawling pit for a while, then used the arenas... After the Guild leader got done listing the spells that could not be used, as a sorcerer, the only spells I had left were Magic Missile and scorching ray... what fun is that to play a caster who can't use 95% of his spells... To top it off, The Guild leader still used his WoP Repeating Crossbow. After that night I avoided the "guild togetherness nights", and only enter a PvP area to test effects or such....


    *Side Note: could we get arena access on our Guildships for testing stuff?
    +1 like this

  8. #28
    Founder & Hero cdbd3rd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Escaping Mizzery in the Tavern Attic.
    Posts
    22,573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ****ens View Post
    Hello! I am here to inform some of some PvP rules! (Listen up your power word stun NOOBS).......

    had I seen this last month, I'd have dropped a lil pic on it, kinda like this:



    ...but since this is kinda stale and crusty, I'll just leave it be.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies ____ Monster Manual


  9. #29
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dkyle View Post
    Dude, you're totally awesome because you run Epics that you even own the content for.

    Oh, and nice necro.
    Ya you guys should try it sometime, oh wait, 90% of people who pvp are mostly people who have run out of stuff to do or cant get into groups because there to speced for pvp.

  10. #30
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    37

    Default

    Bard songs:
    Of course, I mean, what else do bards really have?

    Manyshot and Slaying Arrows:
    Slaying Arrows: Yes
    Manyshot: No
    -------------------------------------------
    So bards can be bard but rangers can be rangers. how funny. sounds like you die a few times with manyshot

  11. #31
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    19

    Default

    You just hit what people could and couldn't use. So I'll hit what he didn't hit
    ok so your standing outside the pvp arena watching. then somebody sends you a tell: "I challenge you in the tavern"
    you say ok. Heres when you guys Bow to eachother in respect then say good luck(if you don't want to be an ass). then you guys head on into the tavern(alerting everyone in the tavern you two are dueling and no one should attack, and that it is suggested they step out and watch). you guys start at opposite side(but not to where your hugging a wall), then if someone wants to(whos not dueling), they can say: 3, 2, 1, FIGHT. or just between you two say: go.
    you guys fight. you lose/win. then have some overpowered spell caster will 1 hit kill the winner so if you guys re-duel, you both have to heal at the same time. then you guys heal up. and everybody in the tavern can go back to PVP


    btw my guild is recruiting and we love to PVP against other guilds. :P

  12. #32
    Community Member MsEricka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Winnipeg Canada
    Posts
    3,069

    Default

    Epic fail

    There are no rules in PvP. Don't attempt to force your views upon others because you can't live/survive in PvP.

    Note that these "rules of pvp" threads have been done numerous times before and been shot down every single time. Searching would have found most of them. Therefore I can only assume you are trolling and award you with a -1 rep.

    Have a good day.

  13. #33
    Community Member jakarta7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ****ens View Post
    Hello! I am here to inform some of some PvP rules! (Listen up your power word stun NOOBS)
    Didn't they nerf that in pvp? I haven't been affected by casters using it in a long time.


    Level:
    The challenger must be within 4 levels of his opponent, only challenges with people of levels under that can be made with someone more then 4 levels under you who have challenged you, you may not challenge them.
    Lololol.

    I tend to challenge people level 17+, with me being a whee little level 13. Nine times out of ten I win. Am I breaking da rulez?

    Double Teaming:
    Double teaming is genrally not accepted unless the two challengers added up level is within the level range of the opponent (see Level) such as level 9 + level 8 can attack a level 13,14,15,16,17,18,19, or 20.
    Oh, so that level 13 paladin and 14 wizard shouldn't have double-teamed my wizard when he was level 10? No worries, then, because they're dead now. What about those two level 20's that kept coming after me when I was 13? No worries because, again, they're dead now.

    Spells:
    Please casters, dont use these,

    Power Word Stun
    Finger Of Death
    Ottos Irresistable Dance
    Command
    Wizard Past Life Ability
    Eladers Electric Surge
    Niacs Biting Cold
    I think they should fix it so that casters can use charm and dominate spells. FoD (with deathblock items being as low as min level 6) will be the least of your worries.

    Ledge Hopping:
    ummmmmm... no
    But it's so much fun to melf a ledge-hopper and watch them die after they've left combat.

    Trip and Stun:
    These are perfectly legal, how else will people get those hoppy casters?
    I accept trip for that reason, but if you stun me, I will power word you back. How else am I going to get those crazy melee?

    Bard songs:
    Of course, I mean, what else do bards really have?
    Nothing, really. A bard managed to keep my paladin fascinated for about twenty minutes, but he couldn't do anything else. Once I broke free I killed him about five times while he was singing and left.

    Manyshot and Slaying Arrows:
    Slaying Arrows: Yes
    Manyshot: No
    You know, I personally find the sorcerers' Icy Prison and such more frightening. Manyshot? Drop down out of sight for twenty seconds. Whoopee.

    Personally, I like pvp for the fact that it actually combines build strength with skill. As a caster, I suck versus capped rangers shooting slaying arrows four at a time. I don't tell them to not use it. In fact, I wait for their cooldown on manyshot before fighting them again. Why? Because it's a challenge.

    Overcoming your weaknesses in order to defeat your opponent. I know, an old-fashioned concept, but hey, I find more satisfaction killing capped rangers, sorcerers, and wizards on my level 13 than I do challenging casters to a melee fight on my own melee.


    PvP rules? Make your own for your own private battles. Leave the rest of us out of your own nerfed version of a nerfed PvP arena. I don't care to remove skill from the list of PvP necessities.

  14. #34
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    803

    Default

    The brawling pit isn't real PvP anyways its a no rules free for all (except the casters dont even get to use all there spells pfft) , there are other areas that can accomodate actual PvP but those dont seem to get used much meh.

  15. #35
    Community Member muffinlad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    San Jose, Ca
    Posts
    2,087

    Default

    Rule 1: Never bring a knife to a gun fight.
    Rule 2: There are no rules.

    muffincassady.
    Now Diving in Lava, with the Lava Divers.

    AKA, Cb,Cg,Cj,Cl,Co,Cp,Cq,Cr,Cs,Ct,Cw,Cx,Cz and...Edvard. All the other C's were taken.

  16. #36
    Community Member ElbionTcob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    SoCal, West side represent!
    Posts
    210

    Default .....GL with that

    Something tells me that somone aint too good at this

  17. #37
    Community Member Mersi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Short story- I was in the lobster on my cleric when he was 19, I was hitting this fvs- and he was hitting me- with melee weapons. (I was, to be honest, holding scrolls of heal ) when my Corrosive Salt and Disintegration Guard both went off in succession- dude died. He rez'd and a couple of rapid deaths later i was fleeing the tavern.

    On a serious note (if anything in pvp is serious), if we want some organization to the lobster, rules wont work.
    An honor code might.

    We ought'a keep a reign on the FoD'ing the lesser lvls! We ought'a see the wrongness in Heat Death (what wrongness? lol ok, but only once in a while)! We ought'a realize it is wrong to Command the lvl 3s! *Bows head in shame* Lastly, we ought'a keep a reign on the Flesh to Stone'ing of the melees! (At least hold it in until they manage to get off a kill, then ya can make his life hell)

    /rant_over
    MONTY PYTHON'S FLYING CIRCUS of Thelanis
    Threalm (Clonk) | Thrawler (Dark Monk) | Mersi (Arcane Archer) | Duhsty (KotC)
    "And the Cats in the Cradle and the Silver Spoon,
    Little Boy Blue
    and the Man on the Moon"

  18. #38
    Community Member The_Brave2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,111

    Default

    No.
    Zunez 40 WF Wiz ~Archmage~
    Alkirie 40 WF FVS ~Angel of Vengeance~
    Zoonez 40 Human FVS ~Evoker AoV~
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubethulu View Post
    Now now, only I may eat the kittens. *burp*
    Quote Originally Posted by IWZincedge View Post
    This horse is dead, y'all. Quit ridin' it.

  19. #39
    The Hatchery toaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    st. paul mn
    Posts
    554

    Default

    rule number 1 "never talk about fightclub"
    i find myself and others saying "glad im not paying for this ****" vip from ftp beta till 10.9.2012 fix it...fix it Now!

  20. #40
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    65

    Default

    [QUOTE=****ens;3875703]Hello! I am here to inform some of some PvP rules! (Listen up your power word stun NOOBS)

    Quote Originally Posted by jakarta7 View Post
    Didn't they nerf that in pvp? I haven't been affected by casters using it in a long time.




    I accept trip for that reason, but if you stun me, I will power word you back. How else am I going to get those crazy melee?

    Uh, what?
    Bradt: 19bard/1fighter| thedungeons: 17clr/2sorc/1wiz
    recifitraa: 20 artificer | nasuadax 12 pal/6monk/2rog
    www.student.kuleuven.be/~r0462469/home.html

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload