Default How much better is Sneak of Shadows compared to..

Quickdraw?

Getting close to tr'ing into a 36 point rogue and trying to weigh my options. Thanks in advance.

+3s (I think?) of extra attacks.

up to +10 damage / +5 to hit for 3 minutes.

I'd guess the math would pick Sneak of Shadows unless you switch handhelds a lot or have lots of extra boosts. I'm pretty bad at math though More details, going full rogue with the +damage capstone?

As a side bonus, I found sneak of shadows super helpful in leveling with the sneak bonuses. YMMV, not many people use those abilities.
    Last edited by Crazyfruit; 06-20-2011 at 03:57 PM.
    olganon.org - Remember to play in moderation.
    olganon.org - A videogame shouldn't be your life.

Sneak of shadows >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Quick draw

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyfruit View Post
    +3s (I think?) of extra attacks.

up to +10 damage / +5 to hit for 3 minutes.

I'd guess the math would pick Sneak of Shadows unless you switch handhelds a lot or have lots of extra boosts. I'm pretty bad at math though More details, going full rogue with the +damage capstone?
    20 horc, 10 action boosts. Ive been debating rapier vs khopesh for a long time( understatement ), this is just one more facet. Afternoon Sparkle .

Quote Originally Posted by Thaxlsillyia View Post
    Sneak of shadows >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Quick draw
    I 'preciate the math.

Quote Originally Posted by Bufo_Alvarius View Post
    I 'preciate the math.
    you welcome. (i am assuming you know what quickdraw does or i would have added an extra row of >)

Quote Originally Posted by Thaxlsillyia View Post
    you welcome. (i am assuming you know what quickdraw does or i would have added an extra row of >)
    Well according to these forums its 2.3% or so boost to boss dps. About 10 dps. Im just curious how far ahead SoS is.

The Hatchery

Quickdraw is a very minimal increase in DPS.

+10 to damage for 3 minutes is pretty significant, but is has a several second activation time. It's also +5 to attack, so for high AC mobs it comes out farther ahead.

How much farther ahead, who knows. Depends on when you activate clickies (eg when running up to the boss, during fights), the fortification of the boss, the AC of the boss, how many action boosts you have.. but SoS is most probably better.

I'm told GTWF is 2.8 attacks per second, so SoS is an additional 28 DPS.
    Last edited by Qezuzu; 06-20-2011 at 04:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bufo_Alvarius View Post
    Quickdraw?

Getting close to tr'ing into a 36 point rogue and trying to weigh my options. Thanks in advance.
    It will depend on your overall dps and on the number of action points. Quickdraw is more beneficial to a Horc, thanks to all his additionnal action points.
    Quickdraw will give 0.6 sec. of hasted dps for each boost you activate, while Sneak of Shadows gives a raw +10 for up to 3 min., which will apply both to hasted attacks and between them.

According to Vanshilar, the number of attacks per minute is: 86.66 * (100% + 1.1965 * sum of each boost%) i.e. 102.2 with haste and 133.3 with haste & boost.
    Per minute (2 activations of Haste boost, lasting 19.4 sec. w/ Quickdraw and 18.8 sec. without, effectively loosing 20 sec. of non hasted dps), you would do:
    * With Quickdraw: 19.4*2 * 133.3/60 + 20 * 102.2/60 = 120.3 attacks.
    * Without Quickdraw: 18.8*2 * 133.3/60 + 20 * 102.2/60 = 117.6 attacks.

Over 3 minutes (considering you have at least 6 haste boosts), PL: SoS will contribute:
    * With Quickdraw: 3 * 10 * 120.3 * 19/20 = 3427.6 damage.
    * Without Quickdraw: 3 * 10 * 117.6 * 19/20 = 3351.6 damage.

If you need to choose between Quickdraw and PL: SoS, lets compare the 2nd result to what gives Quickdraw alone.
    It will provide: Hasted DPS * 0.6 per action boost.
    If your hasted dps is 500 for example, you would need 12 action boosts to beat PL: SoS.

For Quickdraw to beat PL: SoS, you need a very very high dps and a bunch of action boosts.

*Edit: made an error so I corrected the post.

*Edit: The benefit of PL: SoS is even higher if you don't hit on a '2', because of the bonus to hit.
    Last edited by Feithlin; 06-20-2011 at 04:51 PM.
    Thelanis: Nassim* (F12/P6/M2) - Talienor** (P18/Ra2) - Feithlin** (F12/Bd7/C1) - Stoneoak* (F12/M6/P2) - Hokusai (M17/F2/C1) - Ardence* (Bd15/F3/Ro2) - Matsushiro* (Ro11/M6/P3) | Argonessen: Luneargent (W18/Ro2) - Talienor (Ro20) - Takshir (Bd16/F2/Ro2) - Hiacynthe (C20) | Ghallanda: A bunch of pre DDO Unlimited characters (field of testing for post U19 )

Interesting. Quickdraw on a horc seems more powerful than i thought. Thanks for the posts guys.