Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by protokon View Post
    I've done virtually countless epics on my 280hp drow sorc (who also does not have quicken). He's never failed an epic due to not having enough hitpoints - or failing a concentration check.

you don't *need* 400hp, it just gives more room for error.
    You'd have 300 HP and +1 to Concentration if you hit yourself with a Rage.

XD sorry, just had to.

Quote Originally Posted by barakhiel View Post
    Furthermore, getting a little tired of this 'catering to newer players' attitude, which tends to screw over the older players.
    How soon we forget......

There once was a lil gimp pally
    Who's name might as well have been sally
    He died in a VoD, got left outta ToD
    Now he's writing guides in the Valley

Just wanting to point out that you did not become a good player overnight. You owe most of all that you know now from the older players that catered to you when you were learning. And while getting sick of catering to them is not an awful thing (myself guilty at times) posting a guide that advises players to reroll if they can't do it your way is just silly.

There are many other ways to do VoN6 to get around low hp, lots of THF, no bard etc., maybe a repost with the title Fyl's Guide to my VoN6 marathons would be in order.

Just my 2cp.
    Last edited by SaIamander; 06-20-2011 at 07:06 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by barakhiel View Post
    My deepest apologies for making note of how many HP a character should have to be in that 'safe zone' so they don't get 1-hitted by epic monsters...
    Do you even listen to what people say? I've never seen anything in evon6 that could one-shot anyone with over 300hp to death (except dragon breath, but if you get hit by it, you're doing it wrong or showing off), add in fire shield, protection and resists and you'll have a hard time dying on the bases unless they're totally out of control (and even then you might stay alive for quite a while by recasting protection on you and others), at which point you having 300hp isn't the problem in that particular raid.

I'm not saying that more hp isn't a good thing. Of course it is a good thing. But your blanket statements about hp are ridiculous. I don't really care how much you've got hp as long as you can do your job with it and aren't getting instakilled by cometfalls in last stand or something (actually, wouldn't care about that either, would probably just laugh about the gimpiness).
    Last edited by Viisari; 06-21-2011 at 12:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDearLeader View Post
    All on the same line of thinking, so I'll toss in a little more input.

When Barding, I have on occassion went and done Fire Base (which is the last base done on my server), by myself.

That said, my Bard is no-Evasion, but has over 400 HP, Fire Shield (Cold), Ring of the Djinn, Firestorm Greaves, and two 10%/15% Fire/Electric Absorption Green Steels that I rock when I perform this duty.

Overkill? Perhaps. But I saw *a lot* of Bards die in EV6 prior to rolling mine, even if they had someone leading out for them. As the raid can go from relatively simple to relatively painful based on the Bard's performance, I elected to overcompensate rather than under.

And even with all this, I still request someone with high saves and Evasion lead out for me.

Using this amount of preparedness, I have yet to be on a fail EV6 with my Bard, whereas I have seen 16/2/2 BRD/FTR/ROG combos die in a blaze of less than glory.
    Agree. I would just like to emphasize that the melees need to give the bard and leader ROOM, especially on Fire. It takes a little while to pull the eles away from the Djinn. At least one out of every two or three PUG VoN6's I run on my bard, I'll have some melee right on my tail swinging away, grabbing Fire Ele aggro, and letting it fling DBF's all over the place.

My one this past Friday had that happen, and it only succeeded because I ended up dancing everything.

Quote Originally Posted by SaIamander View Post
    Just wanting to point out that you did not become a good player overnight. You owe most of all that you know now from the older players that catered to you when you were learning.
    Older players catered to me by directing me to ddowiki. May as well have been the Storm Lords MOTD, at least back when I was there...

Quote Originally Posted by SaIamander View Post
    And while getting sick of catering to them is not an awful thing (myself guilty at times) posting a guide that advises players to reroll if they can't do it your way is just silly.
    You're right, as usual. If you can only hit epic monsters on a 20, that's okay, at least that little 5% of your typical dmg is contributing to that completion. Or maybe a completion is something you could care less for...
    Fylakas ??* Fylakia ??* Fyl ??* Drfyl
    ??* Thelanis ??* Storm Lords ??*
    ??* Go Elf or go home ??*
    (Error): You can't dismiss members of your party while they're in a dungeon.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123