Community Member

Default 18rang/2rogue, 12rang/6fight,2rogue?

Race is not too big of an issue in my question here, but what I'm trying to build is a survivable (not necessarily tank) TWF that can disable traps. Don't need to necessarily do epic level super traps, but would like to be able to do things like at level elite quests. Is taking more than the 2 levels of rogue necessary? From what I've read mixing Tempest II with Kensai seems to be the best way to go. Is this true? Helps plz

Edit: Currently thinking 1 rogue, 2 ranger, 1 fighter, 4 more ranger, 5 more fighter, 1 rogue, rest ranger for max soloability through the levels. Not really all that concerned with anything more than living ability and trap disabling.
    Last edited by Sakeima; 06-19-2011 at 11:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakeima View Post
    Race is not too big of an issue in my question here, but what I'm trying to build is a survivable (not necessarily tank) TWF that can disable traps. Don't need to necessarily do epic level super traps, but would like to be able to do things like at level elite quests. Is taking more than the 2 levels of rogue necessary? From what I've read mixing Tempest II with Kensai seems to be the best way to go. Is this true? Helps plz

Even though txt like this makes my skin crawl, I will post a few suggestions below.

Edit: Currently thinking 1 rogue, 2 ranger, 1 fighter, 4 more ranger, 5 more fighter, 1 rogue, rest ranger for max soloability through the levels. Not really all that concerned with anything more than living ability and trap disabling.
    Taking 1 level of rogue can get 99% of the traps in game.

If all you are concerned about is living and traps then why not roll a pure rogue? Do you want some DPS capability at all?

Are you looking to be able to solo most things?

12/6/2 better. more feats, more hp, more to-hit. though perhaps a 13th ranger level or 7th fighter level instead of the 2nd rogue level. the only perk to lvl 2 rogue is the evasion the ranger levels have already given.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinerd View Post
    We should make our feedback as honest as possible so that when it is absolutely ignored by Turbine we will get bonus points on the scoreboard of life.

Community Member

The idea was to be able to tackle most traps as well as not die the instant I came face to face with an ogre or a very angry kobold. I solo a lot or go in 2-3 man groups and in my experience outside of raids the enemies don't live long enough for backstabbing to even have a point; by the time I get around the enemy he's already dead. All I really wanted out of rogue was the ability to find and disable traps.

Community Member NinetyNineTails's Avatar

The build is want is the Exploiter; http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=168687

The reason to take a second level of rogue is Evasion. There's no other reason it'd be desirable. You can drop that level of rogue, add a level of monk, get a feat and some other shiny benefits, and still do every trap in the game.

thing is tempest III pretty much sucks, so yeah 12 ranger 6 fighter for kensai I is actually pretty solid.

Or if you want more sneak attack dps, 12 ranger 7 rogue 4d6 sneak attack damage and either 1 fighter or one monk for the bonus feat, fighter gives more hp, d10 and 10 from fighter toughness. monk gives the ability to give decent ac if you build and gear for it.

and yeah the extra damage from sneak attacks does make a difference, esp at higher levels where things dont just die from a few hits.

also remember umd .

oh and you want to start off as a rogue for your first level to get more skill points at charactor creation.

My tempest trapper is 12ranger/6fighter/2rogue and I like him allot. I took the scond rogue level for more skillpoints. If you take human or aren't shooting for max points in all skills (spot and lock too) like me you dont need the second rogue level. I like the feats, strength and hp i got from my fighter levels, but I miss freedom of movement a lot when there is no divine around.
    Clever & Smart Agent - Pure Drow Mechanic: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...arper-Mechanic
    The Dungeons and Dragons Webcomic THE ORDER OF THE STICK BY RICH BURLEW
    http://www.giantitp.com/comics/ootscast.html

My tempest ranger is(will be) Rng12/Rog7/Barb1.
    Currently level 16 and doing awesome.
    Last edited by MindCake; 06-20-2011 at 02:10 PM.
    Druids have a fundamental right to bear arms.

"No more patterns" - Shroud puzzles guide.