Default Epic Fathom the Depths & Cube optional Solo on Drow Air Savant.

Been having fun farming this quest for scrolls. Finally decided to try and solo a completion today. Killed every monster on the way including the Will-of-the-Whisps trying for scrolls. Just finished it, this was done without a hireling. I kept myself healed up on UMD'd Heal Scrolls. Took 36 mins total to the epic chest. Pot use was none until I reached the mudman boss. Him and the cube combined consumed 20 of my pots. Thought I was dead twice during the mudman fight when I got flesh to stoned. Luckily I saved and winged away with under 50 hp left each time. The cube was immune to electric so it took extra long to kill it, had to rely on a cold DOT and lots of spell clickies to kill it. Added probably another 10 mins to the completion time seen in the screenshots. All in all it was a very fun experience and I'm glad I was able to do it.

Last edited by Vengeance777; 06-17-2011 at 10:07 AM.

The Hatchery

Very nice

I soloed this yesterday on my Earth Savant in 26 mins (half as many kills as you though). There is a safespot near the archway to the boss chamber, a little slot in the wall where you can blast the mudman but he can't hit back. You can also enter the boss chamber while invisible and aggro the mudman with the savant curse and pull him to the safespot. The mage boss is not a required kill.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Qezuzu View Post
    There is a safespot near the archway to the boss chamber, a little slot in the wall where you can blast the mudman but he can't hit back. You can also enter the boss chamber while invisible and aggro the mudman with the savant curse and pull him to the safespot. The mage boss is not a required kill.
    Commence discussion on what constitutes an exploit...
    NOW!

Community Member

Using the geometry to block bosses is not an exploit. If the devs wanted to remove safe spots, that would not be hard to do.
    Kmnh * Kmn * Kmm * Knn * Knm

Leader of Templar

Quote Originally Posted by Qezuzu View Post
    Very nice

I soloed this yesterday on my Earth Savant in 26 mins (half as many kills as you though). There is a safespot near the archway to the boss chamber, a little slot in the wall where you can blast the mudman but he can't hit back. You can also enter the boss chamber while invisible and aggro the mudman with the savant curse and pull him to the safespot. The mage boss is not a required kill.
    Exploit much?

"Safe spots" are not strategy FYI

Quote Originally Posted by Kmnh View Post
    Using the geometry to block bosses is not an exploit. If the devs wanted to remove safe spots, that would not be hard to do.
    Humm...standing on the side of the pedestal hitting the DQ comes to mind...Seems they fixed that.

Maybe there hasn't been a ticket put in on it yet is all...