Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    If you look at the Item Creation Device and look for the kind of shard you want to use, hover your pointer over the sword icon and the popup tooltip will state where you can place the shard.

Thanks for the feedback!

True. REALLY inconvenient to have to hop between 2 stations to figure out though when it should be in the shard creation description itself. Going to the Item Creation device is even more annoying than flipping to a web browser to look it up.

Recipe Name: +1 Efficient Empower Healing I Heavy Mithral Shield of Healing Lore

Recipe Nickname: Mirra's Prayer

Bound or Unbound: Bound

Arcane CR: 30
    Divine CR: 25
    Elemental CR: 0

Item Ingredient List:
    Heavy Mithral Shield
    +1 item (e.g. +1 Armor)
    Healing Lore Shard
    Efficient Metamagic - Empower Healing I Shard

Shard Ingredient List:
    6 Greater Good Essences
    32 Lesser Good Essences
    4 Greater Arcane Essence
    16 Lesser Arcane Essence
    14 Siberys Dragonshard Fragments

Crafting Steps:

1. Using the Deconstruction Device to deconstruct the following:
    * Deconstruct a Heavy Mithral Shield with a Dust of Disjunction to make it craftable
    * Deconstruct a +1 item with a Liquid Knife Potion to obtain a +1 Enhancement Spirit

2. Using the Shard Device for combining the ingredients to craft the following shards:
    * Healing Lore Shard (Divine lvl 30) : 6 Greater Good Essence, 32 Lesser Good Essence, 9 Siberys Dragonshard Fragments
    * +1 Enhancement Bonus Shard (Arcane lvl 10) : 1 Greater Arcane Essence, 4 Lesser Arcane Essence, 1 Siberys Dragonshard Fragments, +1 Enhancement Spirit
    * Efficient Metamagic - Empower Healing I Shard (Arcane lvl 25) : 3 Greater Arcane Essence, 12 Lesser Arcane Essence, 4 Siberys Dragonshard Fragments

3. Using the Item Creations Device to combine:
    * Healing Lore Shard with Heavy Mithral Shield
    * Efficient Metamagic - Empower Healing I Shard with Heavy Mithral Shield of Healing Lore
    * +1 Enhancement Bonus Shard with Efficient Empower Healing I Heavy Mithral Shield of Healing Lore

Special Notes:

Actually every shield or weapon could be used as a base material, but as we only can rise the enhancement bonus to +1 without a shard of potential we want to get the best possible basis as a compensation. I have chosen the metamagic shard over a clicky, as we get those clickies quite often at different items. Further it is not necessary to keep such a clicky item in the hand after using it, while this shield makes sense to keep it equipped.

Unfortunately the only sad thing on this shield is its little high ML of 9, but usually till that level most Clerics have Empower Healing and keep it running all the time. Without the +1 enhancement bonus it would be a level 7 item.

The name itself is given in regards to Mirra's quest in the Parthilcar Tower Crypt.

Type: Shield

PS: Yellow indicate the use of Dragonshards. Further to distinguish the +4 spirit from the liquid knife potion and the enhancement shard the light blue color is used.
    * We have collectable bags, hell even hireling folders, but can I have that 6-pack for my potions please?
    * Having already a past life on the dieng EU servers, I rerolled here and started from scratch as I like the game and the community, so lets see what awaits me here

Hatchery Founder
    2014 DDO Players Council

If you hover your pointer over the shard icon in the Shard Creation Device, you can tell whether the shard is a prefix or suffix. If it states X Shard, it's a prefix; if it's Shard of X, it's a suffix.
    This part should really be changed. Would it be that difficult to add "(Prefix Effect)" or "(Postfix Effect)" to the shard names?
    RedShirt / Roleplayer of Giant Slayers, Inc. on Thelanis, formerly Tharashk.
    Member of the DDO Player Council

Coldin-Artificer; Lynton-Bard; Alydyn-Swashbuckler;
    Takai-
    Monk; Rosein-Paladin; Ellyiana-Cleric; Aurixs-Sorcerer

Default Neat idea

Sharing recipes is a really neat idea.

What is an even better idea is a crafting planner tool to resolve and manage all the prefix, suffix, item type, school crafting level, and ML factors for you.

Right now devising recipes is a painstaking process of

• Develop a concept of synergistic enchantments
    • Verify no prefix-prefix, suffix-suffix conflicts (lookup in wiki or crafting UI)
    • Determine list of valid item types that can host the combination (consult crafting UI)
    • Determine the ML (do some math in accordance to Enchantment Level : ML rules)
    • Determine if any of those item types make sense for the equipment slot. (like if the only possible item is a Trinket but most builds would require something else in Trinket slot at this ML)

I applaud those of you who are documenting your recipes so thoroughly by hand for everyone to enjoy.

Community Member

Recipe Name: Blindness Ward Goggles of Persuasion

Recipe Nickname: Arcane Insight

Minimum Level: 7

Arcane CR: 23
    Divine CR: 25

Item Ingredient List:
    Goggles
    Blindness Ward Shard
    Shard of Persuasion

Shard Ingredient List:
    6 Greater Good Essences
    32 Lesser Good Essences
    3 Greater Mind Essences
    12 Lesser Mind Essences
    13 Siberys Dragonshard Fragments
    1 Small Wooden Idol

Crafting Steps:

1. Using the Deconstruction Device to deconstruct the following:
    * Deconstruct a pair of Goggles with a Dust of Disjunction to make it craftable

2. Using the Shard Device for combining the ingredients to craft the following shards:
    *Blindness Ward Shard (Divine lvl 25) : 6 Greater Good Essences, 32 Lesser Good Essences, 9 Siberys Dragonshard Fragments, 1 Small Wooden Idol
    * Shard of Persuasion (Arcane lvl 23) : 3 Greater Mind Essences, 12 Lesser Mind Essences, 4 Siberys Dragonshard Fragments

3. Using the Item Creations Device to combine:
    * Blindness Ward Shard with Goggles
    * Shard of Persuasion with Blindness Ward Goggles

Special Notes:

These goggles are designed for UMD characters, providing a nice +3 boost to UMD skill, while also protecting against Blindness attacks. They will be of particular use to bards and sorcerers; rogues may find that they prefer goggles with a spot bonus but should enjoy these as an alternate set.

Recipe Name: +4 Bodyfeeder Flametouched Iron Rapier/Scimitar/Falchion of Lesser Vampirism

Recipe Nickname: Angelic Vampire

Arcane CR: 46

Divine CR: 46

Item Ingredient List:
    Flametouched Iron Rapier/Scimitar/Falchion(We'll use a Rapier for this example)
    +3 item of your choosing.
    4 shards of Potential (6 - 9)
    1 Liquid Knife Potion
    1 Dust of Disjunction

Shard Ingredient List:
    6 Greater Evil Essence
    32 Lesser Evil Essence
    25 Khyber Dragonshards Fragments
    15 Greater Body Essence
    80 Lesser Body Essence
    3 Funerary Tokens
    350 Lesser Essence of Any Type

Crafting Steps:
    1. In the Item Deconstruction Machine place the +3 Weapon and the Liquid Knife Potion and choose “+3 Enhancement Spirt” and then press Deconstruct Button to create Recipe
    2. In the Item Deconstruction Machine place the Flametouched Iron Rapier and the Dust of Disjunction and choose “Equipment Disjunction” and then press Deconstruct Button to create “Flametouched Iron Rapier” with a craftable potential of +5.
    3. In Crafting Device – Bound Shards machine place 15 Greater Body Essences, 80 Lesser Body Essences, 16 Khyber Dragonshard Fragments, and 3 Funerary Tokens. Select “Bodyfeeder Shard” and press “Craft” button to create “Bodyfeeder Shard”.
    4. In Crafting Device – Bound Shards machine place 6 Greater Evil Essences, 32 Lesser Evil Essences, and 9 Khyber Dragonshard Fragments. Select “Lesser Vampirism Shard” and press “Craft” button to create “Lesser Vampirism Shard”.
    5. In Crafting Device – Bound Shards machine place 6 Greater Arcane Essences, 32 Lesser Arcane Essences, 9 Siberys Dragonshard Fragments, and +3 Enhancement Spirit created in Step 1. Select “+3 Enhancement Bonus Shard” and press “Craft” button to create “+3 Enhancement Shard”.
    6. In Crafting Device – Bound Shards machine place 25 Lesser Essences of any type. Select “Shard of Potential (+6 Maximum En…)” and press “Craft” to create “Bound Shard of Potential (+6)”.
    7. In Crafting Device – Bound Shards machine place 50 Lesser Essences of any type. Select “Shard of Potential (+7 Maximum En…)” and press “Craft” to create “Bound Shard of Potential (+7)”
    8. In Crafting Device – Bound Shards machine place 100 Lesser Essences of any type. Select “Shard of Potential (+8 Maximum En…)” and press “Craft” to create “Bound Shard of Potential (+8)”
    9. In Crafting Device – Bound Shards machine place 175 Lesser Essences of any type. Select “Shard of Potential (+9 Maximum En…)” and press “Craft” to create “Bound Shard of Potential (+9)”
    10. In Crafting Device – Bound Items machine place “Flametouched Iron Rapier” created in step 2 and “Bound Shard of Potential (+6)” created in step 6. Select “Maximum Enchantment (+5 to +6 ~ …” and press “Craft” button to create “Flametouched Iron Rapier” with a craftable potential of +6.
    11. In Crafting Device – Bound Items machine place “Flametouched Iron Rapier” created in step 10 and “Bound Shard of Potential (+7)” created in step 7. Select “Maximum Enchantment (+6 to +7 ~ …” and press “Craft” button to create “Flametouched Iron Rapier” with a craftable potential of +7.
    12. In Crafting Device – Bound Items machine place “Flametouched Iron Rapier” created in step 11 and “Bound Shard of Potential (+8)” created in step 8. Select “Maximum Enchantment (+7 to +8 ~ …” and press “Craft” button to create “Flametouched Iron Rapier” with a craftable potential of +8.
    13. In Crafting Device – Bound Items machine place “Flametouched Iron Rapier” created in step 12 and “Bound Shard of Potential (+9)” created in step 9. Select “Maximum Enchantment (+8 to +9 ~ …” and press “Craft” button to create “Flametouched Iron Rapier” with a craftable potential of +9.
    14. In Crafting Device – Bound Items machine place “Flametouched Iron Rapier” created in step 13 and “+3 Enhancement Spirit” created in Step 1. Select “+3 Enchantment Bonus Item” and press craft to create “+3 Flametouched Iron Rapier”.
    15. In Crafting Device – Bound Items machine place “+3 Flametouched Iron Rapier” created in step 14 and “Bodyfeeder Shard" created in Step 3. Select “Bodyfeeder Item” and press craft to create “+3 Bodyfeeder Flametouched Iron Rapier”.
    16. In Crafting Device – Bound Items machine place “+3 Bodyfeeder Flametouched Iron Rapier” created in step 15 and “Lesser Vampirism” created in Step 4. Select “Lesser Vampirism Item” and press craft to create “+3 Bodyfeeder Flametouched Iron Rapier of Lesser Vampirism”.

Special Notes: Angelic Vampire is made for soloing and survivability while not giving up the ability to bypass the most prominent damage reductions. The Angelic Vampire weapons paired with the proper improved critical gives a effective DR15/-(even against spells!) for almost every hit, while being able to regenerate your actual hit points. Possibly saving you thousands of hit points in the process.

Type: Weapon
    Last edited by Alanim; 06-16-2011 at 02:50 PM.

Community Member

Default What would really be useful in a crafting cookbook

What I think would be very useful in helping to craft an item is having an idea of just what the level restriction is going to be on the end product. For example, my main toon is level 14, I began crafting a weapon; as I had no plant bane weapon and am running red fens often right now, I thought that would be a good way to go. I added Acid Burst, then I added a +5, followed by adding greater plant bane. This gave me a very powerful weapon and precisely what I wanted, a +5 Acid Burst Longsword of Greater Plant Bane. That's a great weapon for my toon, unfortunately it also carried with it a min LvL restriction of Level 20, so all that work and I can't use it until I'm at level 20.
    I'm now planning to make a longsword for fighting undead. I initially wanted to put in Holy Burst and Undead Bane and hopefully a decent numeric enhancement, but I'm fairly sure that will have the same result and it will exceed my level.
    I would for someone to put together a cookbook that would kick back the level restriction that would be applied so that we can plan to make a weapon that won't be restricted by level. I'd love to see someon come up with this.

Community Member NinetyNineTails's Avatar

You got your crafting to the levels needed to craft +5 shards, Acid Burst shards, and Greater Bane shards, and you still don't understand how ML works with respect to crafting?

EDIT: Short version; ML of crafted item = ( sum of +s of shards * 2 ) - 1

So if you have a +3 shard, a +2 shard, and a +4 shard on a weapon, that's a total of +9, double that to 18, minus one, ML 17. If you want to make an undead killing weapon, you can work backwards from the pluses of the shards you want to include.

Recipe Name: +4 Holy Burst Silver Heavy Mace of Greater Lawful Outsider Bane
    Recipe Nickname: Horath's Nightmare
    Arcane CR:
    Divine CR: 72
    Elemental CR: 1
    Item Ingredient List:
    Shard Ingredient List:
    Crafting Steps:
    Special Notes: I wish I could have made it a +5 but the potential limit is 12, and to make a +5 you need a potential of 13.

I will edit post and detail recipe as soon as I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Phesic View Post
    I think a good term is "Nuber": A Newb who thinks he's uber.

Quote Originally Posted by Perceval View Post

Recipe Name: +4 Holy Burst Silver Heavy Mace of Greater Lawful Outsider Bane
    Recipe Nickname: Horath's Nightmare
    Arcane CR:
    Divine CR: 72
    Elemental CR: 1
    Item Ingredient List:
    Shard Ingredient List:
    Crafting Steps:
    Special Notes: I wish I could have made it a +5 but the potential limit is 12, and to make a +5 you need a potential of 13.

I will edit post and detail recipe as soon as I can.
    A better recipe would be to replace Holy Burst with Holy then raise the +4 to +5.
    The Crit Profile for the Mace (20; x2) makes the +1 actually better.

Burst effect = 3d6 on a 20 = Avg 10.5 burst damage over 20 rolls is 0.55 damage per swing.

Contrast that with a simple +1 for 19 damage over 20 rolls for 0.95 damage per swing.

Additionally you gain another +1 to hit which I imagine is beneficial to most Mace-wielders.
    Last edited by EyeRekon; 06-16-2011 at 02:39 PM. Reason: Corrected calculation

Community Manager

Thanks to everyone who has been kind enough to share their awesome recipes! I've added a ton more of these recipes to the Crafting Cookbook, and picked up some really great ideas as well!
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Thanks to everyone who has been kind enough to share their awesome recipes! I've added a ton more of these recipes to the Crafting Cookbook, and picked up some really great ideas as well!
    *edit* I fixed the problem where I had posted it being 3 Marks of the Keeper in my post and in the compendium, both entries now correctly state 3 funerary tokens.
    Last edited by Alanim; 06-16-2011 at 03:31 PM.

Community Member

Default Lesser Vampirism glitch?

I just crafted a longbow for my Arcane Archer with Lesser Vampirism, but upon testing, the Lesser Vampirism wasn't functioning. I dearly hope that lesser vamp is not only supposed to function with melee weapons. But if the shard is supposed to work on whatever you fix it to, could someone have a look at the problem please? Thanks.

Cool

I made a few weapons so far....When I get around to it I might look up and note down the costs.

- Ghost Touch +2 Greatsword of Undead Bane to help me through those Crypt series with the massive amounts of ghosts/wraiths/specters/shadows.
    - Advanced Spiderspikes: A fire and an acid +2 Rapier of Vermin Bane.
    - Ooze Mixers: Two +2 Light maces of Ooze Bane. Because I can use Weapon Finesse on these maces. Not that you ever miss on an ooze...but still!

And some stuff most of you probably know...
    - Buy your Flametouched (good aligned) weapons in Chronoscope Raid.
    - Somehow the base value of the item doesn't change. So you repair real cheap. That is why I dare use my two light maces of ooze Bane till they nearly break. Repair cost was less than a gp each...

I love the healer's shield that was put up btw!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by bradleyforrest View Post
    That's all well and good, but why so roundabout? Why not just tell us up front on the shard itself whether it's a prefix or suffix and what it can be applied to?
    My guess is that the devs had no idea how inconvenient the current method would be. Hopefully they've noticed how much it's been mentioned on these forums.

Meanwhile, I've seen at least half a dozen player-written guides -- including the consistenly excellent DDOWiki -- but I'm really looking for a Crafter or Planner type website or application. Does anyone know of one?

Hero
    2015 Movember Hero

Recipe Name: Silver Flame Trinket of Healing Lore (Minimum Level 11 item)
    Recipe Nickname: Blessing's Disciple

Divine CR: 33
    Elemental CR: N/A
    Arcane CR: N/A

Item Ingredient List:
    Trinket (random or from the DDO store)
    Silver Flame Shard (ML 5) - Increases the total hit dice of turns by +6
    Shard of Healing Lore (ML 5) - Increases your spell chance for a critical hit by 6% and the critical multiplier by 0.25
    Shard of Potential +6

Shard Ingredient List:
    6 Greater Law Essences
    32 Lesser Law Essences
    18 Siberys Dragonshard Fragments
    6 Greater Good Essences
    32 Lesser Good Essences
    and 25 of any shard.

Crafting Steps:
    1. Using the Item Deconstruction Device: place the trinket in the device with Dust of Disjunction to make it craftable (the DDO Store trinket will already be keyed and you can skip this step).
    2. Use the Bound Shard Device to:
    • Create a Silver Flame Shard - 6 Greater Law Essences, 32 Lesser Law Essences, and 9 Siberys Dragonshard fragments.
    • Create a Shard of Healing Lore - 6 Greater Good Essences, 32 Lesser Good Essences, and 9 Siberys Dragonshard fragments.
    • Create a Shard of Potential +6 - 25 of your least needed essence.

3. In the Bound Items crafting device:
    • Place the Shard of Potential +6 with the trinket in the device and click "craft". This must be done first!
    • Place the Silver Flame Shard with the trinket in the device and click "craft".
    • Place the Shard of Healing Lore with the trinket in the device and click "craft".

Special Notes:
    If you like hitting undead hard with all your cleric goodness, this item is for you. Its meant to enhance the Divine Blessing item set found in the Red Fens and it will also help you capitalize on the Radiant Servant prestige enhancement line.
    Even though each affix is Minimum Level 5, the combination is a Minimum Level 11 item. If you only want to craft one portion of it and leave the second for later, be sure to use the Shard of Potential. Failure to do so will mean that you have to key it again and start over.

Type: Trinket only. This is the only item slot these affixes have in common.

Community Member

Smile Holy Basher

Recipe Name: +1 Vicious Warhammer of Lesser Undead Bane
    Recipe Nickname: Holy Basher

Divine: 15
    Elemental: 1
    Arcane: 10

Item Ingredient List:
    Magical Warhammer
    Vicious Shard
    Lesser Undead Bane Shard
    +1 shard

Shard Ingridient List:
    3 Greater Chaos Essences
    12 Lesser Chaos Essences
    1 Greater Good Essence
    4 Lesser Good Essences
    1 Greater Arcane Essences
    4 Lesser Arcane Essences
    4 Kyber Shard Fragments
    5 Sibery Shard Fragments
    3 Sweet Whitecaps
    1 +1 Enhancement Spirit

Note:
    For Low Level usage
    Minimum Requirement: 5

Community Manager

Thanks for the new recipes! We'll add them to the cookbook later today.

Update 10 means we now have up to 100 crafting levels! That means more recipes. More tasty, awesome recipes. Let's see your new cool stuff!
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Community Member

Default Piercing Trill

Recipe Name: +4 Screaming Flametouched Iron Rapier of Destruction
    Recipe Nickname: Piercing Trill

Divine: -
    Elemental: 35
    Arcane: 43

Item Ingredient List:
    (1) Screaming Shard : 6 Greater Air Essences, 12 Lesser Air Essences, 4 Siberys Dragonshard Fragments, 3 Funerary Tokens
    (1) Destruction Shard : 15 Greater Body Essences, 80 Lesser Body Essences, 16 Khyber Dragonshard Fragments, 2 Signets of The Devourer
    (1) Keyed Flametouched Iron Rapier

<Optional>
    (1) +4 Enhancement Bonus Shard: 10 Greater Arcane Essences, 80 Lesser Arcane Essences, 16 Siberys Dragonshard Fragments, 1 +4 Enhancement Spirit
    (1 each) +6, +7, +8, +9 Shards of Potential: 350 Magical Essences of any kind

Minimum Level: 17 at these specs

Given how many evil-aligned creatures you'll meet in-game, I favor Flametouched Iron as a base to automatically make a weapon good-aligned to deal with them. The Rapier isn't one weapon I typically favor, but its reach can make it more effective than a short sword, especially for two-weapon fighters...(and tbh, it just suited the name I had in mind. ;D). This weapon offers both the steady, consistent, sonic damage of the screaming effect which virtually nothing in the game can resist, and the AC reduction ability of Destruction to inflict rapid, maximum possible dps, while reducing enemy AC...a feature that becomes useful to both the wielder, and melee partymates.
    Last edited by Raeburn; 06-23-2011 at 04:01 AM.

Thumbs up

+1 i say peeople plus 1 this article

Personally i like the cook book no need to make it simpler a recipe is not simple if given a specific total of items needed and such it is GOOD to see what order to put them in full kudos looking 4ward to seeing the hardback volume 1 on ddo Bookmark shelves soon hee hee yep i reckon volumes would be a great way to break the unlimited pages of recipes keep up the great work

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast