Recipe Name: +4 Wounding Flametouched Iron Kukri of Bleeding
    Recipe Nickname: Vivisection
    Bound or Unbound: Bound
    Minimum Level: 15
    Arcane CR: 50 and 33
    Divine CR: -
    Elemental CR: -
    Item Ingredient List: Keyed Flametouched Iron Kukri
    Shard Ingredient List: Shard of Potential +6, +7, +8; +4 Enhancement Shard; Wounding Shard; Shard of Bleed

Flametouched Iron composition of the weapon makes it Good aligned, without having to worry about character alignment. Constant Con damage from Wounding, consistently reduces maximum target HP until Con is depleted, allowing for an easier kill, even against opponents that regenerate or heal themselves. From time to time, I also notice that if you hit something with Con damage quickly and often enough, there is a chance of stunning the target as well. Bleeding continuously does 1-8 untyped damage, providing additional dps on just about anything that can bleed. I loaded a pair of these weapons onto my Rogue-Ranger for twf, and am quite pleased with its performance as a grinder, and anti-rares/lesser boss weapon set. Adding a Shard of Potential +9, can kick it up to a +5 weapon, if you have the crafting levels for it.

Bigger things with DR that require metalline, I'm working on another config, but I still need the metalline recipe to go live.
    Last edited by Raeburn; 06-15-2011 at 07:48 AM.

Arrow

Recipe Name: +4 Holy Burst Silver Morningstar of Evil Outsider Bane
    Recipe Nickname: Dolarrah's Revenge
    Arcane CR: 45
    Divine CR: 72
    Elemental CR: 0

Item Ingredient List:
    +4 Weapon of your choosing
    Silver Morningstar
    1 Liquid Knife Potion
    1 Dust of Disjunction

Shard Ingredient List:
    31 Greater Good Essences
    224 Lesser Good Essences
    10 Greater Arcane Essences
    80 Lesser Arcane Essences
    50 Siberys Dragonshard Fragments
    625 Lesser Essences of Any Type
    2 Lodestones
    2 Marks of the Keeper

Crafting Steps:
    1. In the Item Deconstruction Machine place the +4 Weapon and the Liquid Knife Potion and choose “+4 Enhancement Spirt” and then press Deconstruct Button to createRecipe
    2. In the Item Deconstruction Machine place the Silver Morningstar and the Dust of Disjunction and choose “Equipment Disjunction” and then press Deconstruct Button to create “Silver Morningstar” with a craftable potential of +5.
    3. In Crafting Device – Bound Shards machine place 21 Greater Good Essences, 192 Lesser Good Essences, 25 Siberys Dragonshard Fragaments, and 2 Lodestones. Select “Holy Burst Shard” and press “Craft” button to create “Holy Burst Shard”.
    4. In Crafting Device – Bound Shards machine place 10 Greater Good Essences, 32 Lesser Good Essences, 9 Siberys Dragonshard Fragaments, and 2 Marks of the Keeper. Select “Evil Outside Bane Shard” and press “Craft” button to create “Evil Outsider Bane Shard”.
    5. In Crafting Device – Bound Shards machine place 10 Greater Arcane Essences, 80 Lesser Arcane Essences, 16 Siberys Dragonshard Fragaments, and +4 Enhancement Spirit created in Step 1. Select “+4 Enhancement Bonus Shard” and press “Craft” button to create “+4 Enhancement Shard”.
    6. In Crafting Device – Bound Shards machine place 25 Lesser Essences of any type. Select “Shard of Potential (+6 Maximum En…)” and press “Craft” to create “Bound Shard of Potential (+6)”.
    7. In Crafting Device – Bound Shards machine place 50 Lesser Essences of any type. Select “Shard of Potential (+7 Maximum En…)” and press “Craft” to create “Bound Shard of Potential (+7)”
    8. In Crafting Device – Bound Shards machine place 100 Lesser Essences of any type. Select “Shard of Potential (+8 Maximum En…)” and press “Craft” to create “Bound Shard of Potential (+8)”
    9. In Crafting Device – Bound Shards machine place 175 Lesser Essences of any type. Select “Shard of Potential (+9 Maximum En…)” and press “Craft” to create “Bound Shard of Potential (+9)”
    10. In Crafting Device – Bound Shards machine place 275 Lesser Essences of any type. Select “Shard of Potential (+10 Maximum En…)” and press “Craft” to create “Bound Shard of Potential (+10)”
    11. In Crafting Device – Bound Items machine place “Silver Morningstar” created in step 2 and “Bound Shard of Potential (+6)” created in step 6. Select “Maximum Enchantment (+5 to +6 ~ …” and press “Craft” button to create “Silver Morningstar” with a craftable potential of +6.
    12. In Crafting Device – Bound Items machine place “Silver Morningstar” created in step 11 and “Bound Shard of Potential (+7)” created in step 7. Select “Maximum Enchantment (+6 to +7 ~ …” and press “Craft” button to create “Silver Morningstar” with a craftable potential of +7.
    13. In Crafting Device – Bound Items machine place “Silver Morningstar” created in step 12 and “Bound Shard of Potential (+8)” created in step 8. Select “Maximum Enchantment (+7 to +8 ~ …” and press “Craft” button to create “Silver Morningstar” with a craftable potential of +8.
    14. In Crafting Device – Bound Items machine place “Silver Morningstar” created in step 13 and “Bound Shard of Potential (+9)” created in step 9. Select “Maximum Enchantment (+8 to +9 ~ …” and press “Craft” button to create “Silver Morningstar” with a craftable potential of +9.
    15. In Crafting Device – Bound Items machine place “Silver Morningstar” created in step 14 and “Bound Shard of Potential (+10)” created in step 10. Select “Maximum Enchantment (+9 to +10 ~ …” and press “Craft” button to create “Silver Morningstar” with a craftable potential of +10.
    16. In Crafting Device – Bound Items machine place “Silver Morningstar” created in step 15 and “+4 Enhancement Spirit” created in Step 1. Select “+4 Enchantment Bonus Item” and press craft to create “+4 Silver Morningstar”.
    17. In Crafting Device – Bound Items machine place “+4 Silver Morningstar” created in step 16 and “Holy Burst Shard created in Step 3. Select “Holy Burst Item” and press craft to create “+4 Holy Burst Silver Morningstar”.
    18. In Crafting Device – Bound Items machine place “+4 Holy Burst Silver Morningstar” created in step 17 and “Evil Outsider Bane Shard” created in Step 4. Select “Evil Outsider Bane Item” and press craft to create “+4 Holy Burst Silver Morningstar of Evil Outsider Bane”.

Special Notes: Dolarrah's Revenge is dedicated to all the clerics out there that feel like they can't attack a raid boss. "Get out there and kick some butt". This weapon has a minimum Level of 19. The weapon can be made at lower levels by substituting the “+4 Enhancement Spirit” with an Enhancement Spirit of lesser potency. It should be noted that once you place an enhancement spirit on the item, you will NOT be able to upgrade to a higher enhancement spirit as there is an issue with upgrading from a lower level enhancement bonus to a higher one.

Type: Weapon

Quote Originally Posted by Phesic View Post
    I think a good term is "Nuber": A Newb who thinks he's uber.

Community Manager

Great recipes, everyone! Thanks.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Stormreach Advisor
    Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    this is the level you would recommend attempting the crafting at, in our case we are using the highest level shard of a particular school of crafting
    You should replace this with "minimum level", i.e. "shard level - 10". Then it's up to the player if he wants to attempt at 50% or wait a few more levels to avoid losing ingredients.

Community Member

Cool

Recipe Name: Blindness Ward Goggles of Battle Skill

Recipe Nickname: Strategist's Goggles

Arcane CR: 40
    Divine CR: 25
    Elemental CR: 1

Item Ingredient List (this is the stuff you will need to make the item):
    Goggles
    Blindness Ward Shard
    Shard of Battle Skill

Shard Ingredient List:
    6 Greater Good Essences
    32 Lesser Good Essences
    6 Greater Mind Essences
    32 Lesser Mind Essences
    18 Siberys Dragonshard Fragments
    1 Small Wooden Idol

Crafting Steps:

1. Deconstruct a pair of Goggles with a Dust of Disjunction to make it craftable in the Deconstruction Device.

2. Using the Shard Device for shards, combine Greater Good Essences, Lesser Good Essences, 9 Siberys Dragonshard Fragments and Small Wooden Idol to make the Blindness Ward Shard (Blindness Immunity in the crafting interface). Combine Greater Mind Essences, Lesser Mind Essences, 9 Siberys Dragonshard Fragments to make Shard of Battle Skill (Attack +2 in crafting interface).

3. Using the Item Creations Device, combine the Blindness Ward Shard with the Goggles to make a Blindness Ward Goggles. Next, combine the Shard of Battle Skill with the Goggles to make the Blindness Ward Goggles of Battle Skill.

Special Notes: Battle Skill shard gives you attack bonus, this recipe gives +2 to attack. There's also a lower level +1 attack recipe for those with lower crafting levels. Currently the recipe produces ML 9 Goggles. If you are lower level you could only make Goggles of Battle Skill which are currently ML 5 and then upgrade them when you hit lvl 9.

Type: Jewelry
    Last edited by xJx; 06-15-2011 at 10:40 AM. Reason: added better notes

how about something that tells us what the effects do? What does lifeshield do? What does battle skill do? A newbie won't know this stuff. Having these in the recipe would make them a lot more appealing.

Brand / Commerce Manager Tolero's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by psteen1 View Post
    how about something that tells us what the effects do? What does lifeshield do? What does battle skill do? A newbie won't know this stuff. Having these in the recipe would make them a lot more appealing.
    Good point!

You can definitely include a little explanation of why the item is cool to use in the "notes" section. Sometimes the nickname gives a hint of what it's good for, but it's never a bad idea to explain why someone would wanna make the item and how it's going to help them.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by psteen1 View Post
    I will edit the +2 attack to the notes section as well. It's a bit too well hidden in the crafting description.

I mentioned this in another thread but ...

Should the recipe book be a part of the larger crafting guide. It seems like it would be more beneficial to have one definitive source than two.
    Characters - Brion, Damerchant, Deathbot, Goode-, Minusten, Sepiriz, Spiritstrike, Stee, Steilh, Vorpaal, Wyllye, Yaga, Yagalicious, Yga. RIP - Catpizzle and Qazpe
    Beware My Gifts!!!

2015 DDO Players Council Sebastrd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Teelk_Jafffa View Post
    Can we add a line to place the ML (minimum level) on any items crafted so to help players know what they can craft for the lowbie toons.
    I agree. It's extremely important to know when to craft these items.

Astreya the Unturning

It's always a shame when the hammer of poor design choices smashes the fun of player tactical adaptation.

Brand / Commerce Manager Tolero's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yaga_Nub View Post
    I mentioned this in another thread but ...

Should the recipe book be a part of the larger crafting guide. It seems like it would be more beneficial to have one definitive source than two.
    We did add it to the "resources" links in the main guide, but we can always add a line earlier in the guide to help them find it. For the moment we wanted to wait until we had populated it with some more recipes before focusing fire there

Default "Sheald"

http://compendium.ddo.com/wiki/Cookbook:Sheald

"Cookbook:Sheald"

Some of you may notice something not quite right this link or the title of the page... ;-)

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by RudeIota View Post
    http://compendium.ddo.com/wiki/Cookbook:Sheald

"Cookbook:Sheald"

Some of you may notice something not quite right this link or the title of the page... ;-)
    This was me trying to be cute with the name. Shield+Heal=Sheald. I thought it was funny, but maybe it's more funny-like-a-sad-clown rather than funny-like-a-roller-skating-chipmunk.
    Join us on Twitch!

Community Member NinetyNineTails's Avatar

This was me trying to be cute with the name. Shield+Heal=Sheald. I thought it was funny, but maybe it's more funny-like-a-sad-clown rather than funny-like-a-roller-skating-chipmunk.
    Good shield, though. I hadn't thought about putting Healing Lore on a shield.

Recipe Name: Blindness Ward Goggles of Battle Skill
    Nickname: Goggles of Insight++
    Type: Jewelry - Goggles
    Minimum Level: 9

Arcane CR: 40
    Divine CR: 25
    Elemental CR: 0

Item Ingredient List:
    Goggles

Blindness Immunity Shard
    - 6 Greater Good Essences
    - 32 Lesser Good Essences
    - 9 Siberys Dragonshard Fragments
    - 1 Small Wooden Idol

Attack Bonus +2 Shard
    - 6 Greater Mind Essences
    - 32 Lesser Mind Essences
    - 9 Siberys Dragonshard Fragments

Crafting Steps:

1. Using the Deconstruction Device to deconstruct the following:
    * Deconstruct some junk goggles with a Dust of Disjunction to make it craftable

2. Using the Shard Device for combining the ingredients to craft the following shards:

* Blindness Immunity Shard (Divine level 25 [50% at level 15]) :
    6 Greater Good Essence
    32 Lesser Good Essence
    9 Siberys Dragonshard Fragments
    1 small wooden idol

* Attack Bonus +2 Shard (Arcane level 40 [50% at level 30]) :
    6 Greater Mind Essences
    32 Lesser Mind Essences
    9 Siberys Dragonshard Fragments

3. Using the Item Creations Device to combine:
    * Blindness Immunity Shard with Goggles
    * Attack Bonus +2 Shard with Blindness Ward Goggles

Just spun through this thread again and saw someone a couple posts up post this, nice work xJx!
    Last edited by HGM-Chi; 06-15-2011 at 05:21 PM.

Community Member

Default One thing missing

I just started crafting but have made several itmes. The one piece that is missing is not knowing which shards will be Prefix vs. Sufix. I have built shards to put on one item and can't because they are both prefix's. Would be nice when you are about to craft the shard.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zebron View Post
    I just started crafting but have made several itmes. The one piece that is missing is not knowing which shards will be Prefix vs. Sufix. I have built shards to put on one item and can't because they are both prefix's. Would be nice when you are about to craft the shard.
    And what slots the resultant shard is allowed to go on in the first place. It's really annoying to need to contantly reference out of game resources to figure out what's legal.

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Zebron View Post
    If you hover your pointer over the shard icon in the Shard Creation Device, you can tell whether the shard is a prefix or suffix. If it states X Shard, it's a prefix; if it's Shard of X, it's a suffix.

Quote Originally Posted by kcru View Post
    And what slots the resultant shard is allowed to go on in the first place. It's really annoying to need to contantly reference out of game resources to figure out what's legal.
    If you look at the Item Creation Device and look for the kind of shard you want to use, hover your pointer over the sword icon and the popup tooltip will state where you can place the shard.

Thanks for the feedback!
    Join us on Twitch!

If you hover your pointer over the shard icon in the Shard Creation Device, you can tell whether the shard is a prefix or suffix. If it states X Shard, it's a prefix; if it's Shard of X, it's a suffix.

If you look at the Item Creation Device and look for the kind of shard you want to use, hover your pointer over the sword icon and the popup tooltip will state where you can place the shard.

Thanks for the feedback!
    Or more user-friendly would be to add filter boxes we can check on/off to display prefix/suffix/enhancement/item types. There are ALOT of recipes in the box, and mousing over every single one of them (assuming the tooltip doesnt bug out and close itself as happens often) takes a LONG time. Not to mention it has a habit of popping up over something else and being hard to read sometimes (like all tooltips) until you move your UI elements around.

Show me ONLY prefixes (ignoring ehancement bonuses and suffixes) that can be applied to armor (ignoring all other gear slots). Click. Thanks MUCH easier to sort through this list....now add my mats and it ONLY shows me prefixes that can be added to armor, using THESE mats to craft with. TADA.

And yes I realize this requires more dev time to tweak it up right, but thats the point of the beta, right? to determine what needs to be adjusted. The barter box crafting is a great tool, but this is an improvement that would make it SO much better.

Community Member bradleyforrest's Avatar

Thanks for the feedback!
    That's all well and good, but why so roundabout? Why not just tell us up front on the shard itself whether it's a prefix or suffix and what it can be applied to?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast