Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default 2man tod, no pots

This was pretty easy.
    I set out to solo this quest with no real plan for part 2, then my friend said why dont we just 2man it, so we did. I got disintegrated and rolled a 1 once, went down below 100 hp but survived.
    a tribe called zerg, cannith: healings, oozesniffer, krushinator, oxidize, kwanzaabot, eltonjohnbot
    Solo: tod normal, vod elite, adq2 epic, vod normal at level 18. all with no pots.
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=344390 my build

Community Member

congrats, nice completion time for a 2 man as well

how many heal scrolls, how many sp regen items(bauble/gloves/etc)?

I'll tell you if you take care of your own curses.

How.... wait.... no..pots???

Speechless. Nicely done, gentlemen.
    ~ Pallai, Chennai, Saraphima~
    ~Shipbuff, Sophalia, Northenstar ~
    ~ Ascent~

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ImFour20 View Post
    congrats, nice completion time for a 2 man as well

how many heal scrolls, how many sp regen items(bauble/gloves/etc)?
    no heal scrolls, regen sp using torc+2xconc opp, total sp is never an issue its all about how fast you can regenerate it. during the horoth fight he was using his capstone on me too, at least until suulo dropped, and when suulo came down i still had 100% of my sp.
    a tribe called zerg, cannith: healings, oozesniffer, krushinator, oxidize, kwanzaabot, eltonjohnbot
    Solo: tod normal, vod elite, adq2 epic, vod normal at level 18. all with no pots.

Community Member

the hardest part was between part 1 and 2, some cats tripped me and i almost died

How much would you say was the right gear vs. the core build and capabilities of the class?

If you put the time in to get the gear and get yourself prepped to do this stuff, you should absolutely be able to do amazing things that the fresh 20 can't.

When are you going to 2-man elite?

;-)
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by voodoogroves View Post
    How much would you say was the right gear vs. the core build and capabilities of the class?

If you put the time in to get the gear and get yourself prepped to do this stuff, you should absolutely be able to do amazing things that the fresh 20 can't.

When are you going to 2-man elite?

;-)
    technically i'm a fresh 20, been tring for a while to pick up 3 pally past lives.
    gear and class abilities are both pretty important, the goal of my build is to abuse the synergy between healing amp and fvs capstone. i use torc and 2 conc opp to get back mana, and the same conc opps plus cavalry plate to soak up damage so that the 200 or so points i heal from my capstone every 6 seconds can keep up with the damage im taking. ideally i can regenerate mana off anything, and so far im pretty sure that's the case. havent tanked hard/elite horoth yet but everything ive tried so far has been no match for my free cure light wounds.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by jakeelala View Post
    whats your build? how did you get 40 con and only 26 wisdom?

just curious.
    i started 23 con and 16 wisdom, i have epic envenomed cloak.

Quote Originally Posted by jakeelala View Post
    whats your build? how did you get 40 con and only 26 wisdom?

just curious.
    He clearly followed my Character Template, which I painstakingly formulated using the culmination of years worth of data from the DDO forums... although he should have been warforged.

Quote Originally Posted by RudeIota
    A template for building ANY character, as according to DDO forums:

1.) Be a Warforged or Dwarf. (Tip: NEVER be a Drow... Ever..)
    2.) Start 20 CON. Consider more CON during level ups...
    3.) Take toughness for all of your general feats (One exception: Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Khopesh)
    4.) Take all racial and class toughness enhancements
    5.) Get greater/superior false life ASAP
    6.) Get 45 HP goggles
    7.) Wear a Minos until you can slot toughness in an epic item
    8.) Keep chugging Yugoloth CON potions
    9.) +6 CON and +3 CON (exceptional) and make sure you get some healing amp too. 700% should be easily attainable
    10.) Don't forget the +2 CON tome at 7 and the +4 CON tome later!

NOW you may customize your character as you please with any class feats (if available) and maybe put some points into STR or something...
    Last edited by RudeIota; 06-10-2011 at 10:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by samdsherman View Post
    technically i'm a fresh 20, been tring for a while to pick up 3 pally past lives.
    gear and class abilities are both pretty important, the goal of my build is to abuse the synergy between healing amp and fvs capstone. i use torc and 2 conc opp to get back mana, and the same conc opps plus cavalry plate to soak up damage so that the 200 or so points i heal from my capstone every 6 seconds can keep up with the damage im taking. ideally i can regenerate mana off anything, and so far im pretty sure that's the case. havent tanked hard/elite horoth yet but everything ive tried so far has been no match for my free cure light wounds.
    With 4M XP and already have a Torc and dual ConOp (dual-shard T3 greensteel), epic cloak, you're not a fresh 20 ;-)

... but I get what you're saying.

Did you go Monk dilettante then for extra amp?

Uber Completionist
    The Hatchery

Awesome, grats to the two of you. Quite an achievement !!!! Well done.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by RudeIota View Post
    He clearly followed my Character Template, which I painstakingly formulated using the culmination of years worth of data from the DDO forums... although he should have been warforged.
    yeah that sound pretty close actually

my first fvs was warforged, str based, i thought it was super awesome. then one day i was like wait i cast heal on myself and it hits me for like 250, pretty sure i could do better than this. so i made a human, str based, greatsword using fvs and it was just 1 million times better than the wf version.

And, interesting question kinda....

Can you use the Capstone while Madstoned?

Community Member

With 4M XP and already have a Torc and dual ConOp (dual-shard T3 greensteel), epic cloak, you're not a fresh 20 ;-)

... but I get what you're saying.

Did you go Monk dilettante then for extra amp?
    yes.

Community Member

And, interesting question kinda....

Can you use the Capstone while Madstoned?
    not sure, but i hvae madsontes i might get the urge to test that at some point

not sure, but i hvae madsontes i might get the urge to test that at some point
    As silly as it sounds, if you could use the various SLAs while Madstone'd you could take any non-regenerating boss down eventually with the Shoulder Cannon and Capstone. You'd still want plenty of healing amp, damage mitigation (DR / blocking / lifeshield / conop / etc.) and probably a stack of pots to tag if you needed quick heal and your capstone was on timer.

Mind you, that'd take a long time - but would amuse the hell out of me.

Community Member

As silly as it sounds, if you could use the various SLAs while Madstone'd you could take any non-regenerating boss down eventually with the Shoulder Cannon and Capstone. You'd still want plenty of healing amp, damage mitigation (DR / blocking / lifeshield / conop / etc.) and probably a stack of pots to tag if you needed quick heal and your capstone was on timer.

Mind you, that'd take a long time - but would amuse the hell out of me.
    i mean
    why do you have to be madstoned to do that? thats what i already do. thats what my build is designed to do.

i mean
    why do you have to be madstoned to do that? thats what i already do. thats what my build is designed to do.
    Short term CON boost was what I was thinking; academic question really.

Back to the gear / build - looks like a Madstone shield? Any thought for Leviks?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast