Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 68
  1. #1
    The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Backley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,543

    Lightbulb Backley's Greasemonkey scripts to fix MyDDO (filter lotteries, sort winnings, etc.)

    Got fed up waiting for Turbine to fix these simple problems on the Lottery pages, so I made 2 Greasemonkey scripts to fix them client-side.

    To use these, you need to install the Greasemonkey plugin for Firefox (or reportedly works in Chrome too), then install these scripts which will re-do parts of the My DDO pages when you view them.

    Script 1:
    MyDDO Lottery: Hide other servers
    Hide all the alts on servers I don't currently play on, and one alt on the server I do play on. I made alts long ago on the other servers, but I don't play there and don't want to win lotteries there, so hide those characters from the list when I enter new lotteries. Edit the code to suite which server you play on (hides all servers but Orien by default, and hides the Practitioner character on Orien mostly as an example, but it doesn't hurt to leave it there since you don't have that character).

    Script 2:
    MyDDO Sort Lottery Entries
    Sort the Current Entries and Winning Entries lists: date descending, then alphabetical by server, character, lottery name; Filters to only show entries less than 22 days old (since any older would have expired in your in-game mailbox).

    Let me know if you have problems with these scripts.

    Any other annoyances we should Greasemonkey with?
    Last edited by Backley; 01-19-2012 at 11:53 AM. Reason: Filter to show only entries within the last 22 days
    Author of Info Blue UI Skin (Really wish Turbine would update the skinning interface and enable all the new UI parts.)
    If you don't have an SSD, you should be using DDOPreload (fixes the slow first login issue)

  2. #2
    The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Backley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,543

    Default

    Script 3:
    DDO Ignore Forum
    Hides the PvP and Suggestions forums from the New Posts page, since I don't care about those forums.
    Last edited by Backley; 06-21-2011 at 05:50 PM.
    Author of Info Blue UI Skin (Really wish Turbine would update the skinning interface and enable all the new UI parts.)
    If you don't have an SSD, you should be using DDOPreload (fixes the slow first login issue)

  3. #3
    Hero Phoenix-daBard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Beaverton, Oregon
    Posts
    1,257

    Default

    Thanks for that. I can finally filter out some deleted characters when entering the lotteries.

  4. #4
    The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Backley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,543

    Default

    Added DDO Ignore Forum script so I am not bothered by the PvP and Suggestions forums on the New Posts page.
    Author of Info Blue UI Skin (Really wish Turbine would update the skinning interface and enable all the new UI parts.)
    If you don't have an SSD, you should be using DDOPreload (fixes the slow first login issue)

  5. #5
    Community Member Decidophobia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Thanks!
    Not sure why turbine is not doing that themselves.. maybe they have greasemonkey stocks
    If you can't choose your own forum name, Turbine will choose one for you.

  6. #6
    Blogger and Hatchery Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council
    katz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Texas - the most "MURICA!" part of 'murica! rawr
    Posts
    3,425

    Default

    i just stumbled into this thread now, and i must say... you are beyond awesome.


    the official home of LOLWUT

    LONG LIVE R.O.G.U.E ! Pay2Win AND PROUD
    Q: how do you get me to instantly appear in a thread? A: ask a bard question!

  7. #7
    Community Member gencydefen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Shiny, thank you!

  8. #8
    Community Member Morgueman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    72

    Default

    +1 this is just awesome.
    (but you might think of adding how to change the server for those like me who were like "Huh how am i supposed to do THAT?!?!" finally figured it out)
    Why is the fear of long words called hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia?
    MyDDO: http://my.ddo.com/morgueman/

  9. #9
    Community Member Thalmor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    385

    Default

    This is great, I love seeing recent winnings at the top, makes life a lot easier.

    +1 in spades.
    Where is my GREATBOW???


  10. #10

    Wink

    Just installed your lottery script! works great!

    Thanks mate! +1
    [09:05] (Tell): Taurolyon tells you, 'Wouldn't this game be better with timestamps?'

  11. #11
    Community Member esheep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Backley View Post
    Any other annoyances we should Greasemonkey with?
    Great job!

    Don't suppose you could make it ignore certain toons on a server? On Cannith, I've remade my sorc atleast twice, the result is that there are two ghost copies of him on myDDO and they get entered in lottos -- since they don't exist, they can't (really) win, but the real copy can -- not a big deal, cept when I get excited about winning that lesser heart lotto, but it was really a ghost copy that won.

    Oh and it seems to work fine on Chrome.

  12. #12
    The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Backley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by esheep View Post
    Don't suppose you could make it ignore certain toons on a server? On Cannith, I've remade my sorc atleast twice, the result is that there are two ghost copies of him on myDDO and they get entered in lottos -- since they don't exist, they can't (really) win, but the real copy can -- not a big deal, cept when I get excited about winning that lesser heart lotto, but it was really a ghost copy that won.
    Good idea. Script updated to show how to do that. Also added Wayfinder to the suppressed list.

    To hide just some characters on a server, add entries for each character like this:
    or contains(@href,"/orien/johndoe/")

    instructions in the script. Let me know if you have problems. The default script hides all servers but Orien, and hides the Practitioner on Orien (mostly as an example, but it doesn't hurt for you to leave it since you don't have that character).
    Author of Info Blue UI Skin (Really wish Turbine would update the skinning interface and enable all the new UI parts.)
    If you don't have an SSD, you should be using DDOPreload (fixes the slow first login issue)

  13. #13
    Founder binnsr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    coming soon to a bridge near you
    Posts
    3,995

    Default

    Added the sort script to both firefox and chrome (one browser for each acct!) but the hide-other-servers script (which installs fine from the web page) gives an error when running after having saved locally (both before and after updating the server list)

    Attached Files Attached Files
    -=]ArchAngels[=-

  14. #14
    The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Backley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by binnsr View Post
    Added the sort script to both firefox and chrome (one browser for each acct!) but the hide-other-servers script (which installs fine from the web page) gives an error when running after having saved locally (both before and after updating the server list)

    It looks like you are trying to run the script directly? You need to install the GreaseMonkey plugin and install the script there. See http://userscripts.org/about/installing

    Edit: If the script were installed correctly, the path to it would be something like
    C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\ Profiles\n8a4t1if.default\gm_scripts\myddo_lottery _hide_other-1
    Last edited by Backley; 09-02-2011 at 05:59 PM.
    Author of Info Blue UI Skin (Really wish Turbine would update the skinning interface and enable all the new UI parts.)
    If you don't have an SSD, you should be using DDOPreload (fixes the slow first login issue)

  15. #15
    Founder binnsr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    coming soon to a bridge near you
    Posts
    3,995

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Backley View Post
    It looks like you are trying to run the script directly? You need to install the GreaseMonkey plugin and install the script there. See http://userscripts.org/about/installing

    Edit: If the script were installed correctly, the path to it would be something like
    C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\ Profiles\n8a4t1if.default\gm_scripts\myddo_lottery _hide_other-1
    Something got corrupted in the Greasemonkey install from saving the scripts locally before installing them. Even trying to use the default save location was failing until I removed both scripts, deleted the greasemonkey extension and started over from scratch.

    Is all working now - editing from the default location this time!
    -=]ArchAngels[=-

  16. #16
    Community Member Bladedge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Eberron, NY
    Posts
    930

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Backley View Post

    Script 1:
    MyDDO Lottery: Hide other servers
    Hide all the alts on servers I don't currently play on, and one alt on the server I do play on. I made alts long ago on the other servers, but I don't play there and don't want to win lotteries there, so hide those characters from the list when I enter new lotteries. Edit the code to suite which server you play on (hides all servers but Orien by default, and hides the Practitioner character on Orien mostly as an example, but it doesn't hurt to leave it there since you don't have that character).
    Thank You been wanting something like this for a while, gets tiresome to unselect my characters from the servers I not currently do not play on, especially when there are multiple lotteries.
    HEY, I'M TRYING TO SOLVE THAT!
    STOP TOUCHING MY PUZZLE!
    TOUCH MY PUZZLE ONE MORE TIME AND YOU'LL BE SORRY!
    PEOPLE LIKE YOU ARE WHAT'S WRONG WITH THIS GAME -- I QUIT! AND YOU SHALL DIE!

  17. #17
    Community Member AX1200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    67

    Default

    This is really cool thanks so much, I've been waiting for them to fix this forever lol.

  18. #18
    Community Member rest's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Burque
    Posts
    5,602

    Default

    sort by date won is amazing.

    thank you so much.

  19. #19
    Community Member AX1200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    67

    Default

    I have been trying to block some characters from the lottery using the script but am out of my depth here. I have 2 old deleted characters that I have reused the names for; ones that I am actively using now. They are on the same server, Is there any way to block the old characters while still keeping the new ones shown?
    Maybe some way to differentiate between the new and old by level or date created?

  20. #20
    Founder & Hero jjflanigan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5,063

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AX1200 View Post
    I have been trying to block some characters from the lottery using the script but am out of my depth here. I have 2 old deleted characters that I have reused the names for; ones that I am actively using now. They are on the same server, Is there any way to block the old characters while still keeping the new ones shown?
    Maybe some way to differentiate between the new and old by level or date created?
    You can only filter it based upon elements that are contained in the row somewhere, name, class level split, etc. As long as the level split (or levels, period) for the new and old characters are different you should be able to do it.

    Using the same layout as he set up for the current hiding, if you wanted to hide a character named Testchar that was a 3 Paladin, 4 Ranger, 3 Rogue split, you could do something like:

    Code:
    var rows = document.evaluate(
        '//tr/td[contains(text(),"Lvl 3 Paladin, Lvl 4 Ranger, Lvl 3 Rogue")]/a[contains(@href, "/testchar/")]',
    	document,
    	null,
    	XPathResult.UNORDERED_NODE_SNAPSHOT_TYPE,
    	null);
    
    for (i = 0; i < rows.snapshotLength; i++)
    {
        foo = rows.snapshotItem(i).parentNode.parentNode;
        foo.parentNode.removeChild(foo);
    }

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload