Default Litany sigil flagging.

I would like to change the Litany flagging to...

Normal >>> all sigils that drop are random as they currently are.
    Hard >>> the sigil that drops comes from the random list. One of these sigils would be guaranteed. A good chance at the sigil that drops specifically from this quest.
    Elite>>> the sigil that drops specifically to the quest is guaranteed to appear with a very large chance at a sigil from the random sigil list.

This would give incentive to run elite and would guarantee that there would be an end in sight and you wouldn't have to worry about hitting the ransack timer and it would reduce the grind for this flagging.

As it is, you can actually ransack the chest and not see a sigil that is specific to the quests. It is a grind that really needs to go.
    Disappointed and without trust in the powers that be.
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Fansites

I kinda agree... but knowing, as I do now, that it's a huge grind, I start out around level 13 and get good experience for at least most of the grind.

It does suck when you hit 20 and have a one month grind ahead of you just to start into the raid (which is rarely run and frequently fails, at least as PUGs).

Anyway, /signed.

Repeating easy content over and over is not the type of "challenge" I want in my game.

It is fantastically unlikely that in 3-4 runs of one of these quests with the same group that you will not outfit everyone with the quest specific sigil piece (and get enough extras to fill out all of the non-specific ones). You don't need 2, so when you get a duplicate, you hand it off to someone else in the group.

One person can loot 7 times and ransack without getting it (not likely, but possible), but 6 people looting 4 times each won't have this problem.
    I am the 'Who' In the call "Who's there!?"
    I am the wind blowing through your hair.
    I am the shadow on the moon at night, filling your dreams to the brim with fright.

I do not advocate making things easier when I have already done them the hard way.
    Tip# 203: Death is a traumatic experience.

Quote Originally Posted by ProdigalGuru View Post
    I do not advocate making things easier when I have already done them the hard way.
    If our parents/grandparents thought like this everyone would have to walk everywhere uphill, both ways, through the snow with no shows on... Just the thought of this makes me QQ
    Sarlona: Lousypher, Elathi, Elizof, Niti, Littwo, Shawker, Tygr

i think the key is to go in groups.

I flagged a toon (well not lvl appropriate but lvl 20), with one night or two.

When you get into a group of 4 to 5 ppl, you will have a fair chance to roll sth redundant in other's hand.

And i do believe sigil dropping rate is related to difficulty, though there is no promise on 1 drop per run in elite (but it's very close if not so, i think).

I like any idea that makes Elite worth running for something other than first-time XP.

(edit - personally never had any trouble with sigils but know some people just can't get the last one/two to drop)
    Last edited by sirgog; 06-08-2011 at 03:22 AM.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

In all honesty, I have run Abbott ONCE, ever.

Between the Sigil pieces and Litany, it really is a pain to flag.

I reverse my stance and now support any effort to make this less tedious.
    Tip# 203: Death is a traumatic experience.

It took a full group ransacking every single quest out there for three weeks straight before a friend got his last random piece. That particular piece did not drop for ANYONE in the group in all that time.

It took two weeks of full group ransacking to get another friend his last "guaranteed" sigil from Inferno.

Bad luck happens, so there needs to be some guarantee if you run on higher difficulties. Grind just for FLAGGING is a poor mechanic.

Meridia Suburb of Stormreach, Xen'Drik. But have a vacation home in Cordova, Tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by Matuse View Post
    It is fantastically unlikely that in 3-4 runs of one of these quests with the same group that you will not outfit everyone with the quest specific sigil piece (and get enough extras to fill out all of the non-specific ones). You don't need 2, so when you get a duplicate, you hand it off to someone else in the group.

One person can loot 7 times and ransack without getting it (not likely, but possible), but 6 people looting 4 times each won't have this problem.
    Are you on Khyber, and will you come with me next time I need to Abbot flag someone? LOL!

Seriously, though, I've had it all happen. One toon got all the specifics first time around and then the randoms in a second run through. One toon got skunked...as in the whole PARTY was skunked...on 2 of the four quests and even then only randoms dropped...and they were all the same piece! LOL

Yes, we were using adult language at that time.

Granted, a normal party may need a couple, perhaps three runthroughs max to outfit everyone with a full sigil, but when it took me 3 weeks of EVERY DAY two or three runs through Inferno to help some guildies get that piece (and I personally love Inferno and can solo it faster than most of the PUGs I've been in can run it), I can certainly understand the OPs frustrations.
    -Khyber- Loreseekers, Guild Leader
    Hordorabbi ~ Hordiva ~ Hordazzle ~ Hordorc ~ Hordeau ~ And dozens of other HordoToons™!
    High Rabbi of DDO
    Loreseekers Guild ~ H.o.r.d.o.'s How-To Guides @Loreseekers

Quote Originally Posted by Matuse View Post

I came close to rasacking. It was the last chest before I would see the ransack message.

It is possible with how the system is set up. I've seen some get their piece right away also. I've helped others with their pieces after I got mine set up. It can take a lot of runs as others have said in previous posts, it can happen right away.

I don't mind doing the quests to advance the story line.

I don't mind getting required collectables to advance the story line.

I don't mind getting required collectables and do specific quests to advance the story line.

If the requirement was having to do the quest on elite, I wouldn't mind that.

I do mind grinding to advance the story. If it is a flagging mechanism, it should not be a grind. There should be some guarentee that you won't have to wait a week or more before you get your collectable to advance the story.

Quote Originally Posted by ProdigalGuru View Post
    ---------
    In all honesty, I have run Abbott ONCE, ever.

Between the Sigil pieces and Litany, it really is a pain to flag.

I reverse my stance and now support any effort to make this less tedious.
    Thank you. I'm just trying to get the process to not be tedious and grindy.
    Disappointed and without trust in the powers that be.
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Fansites