Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Every player who does not BYOH should bow down to the PUG cleric/Fvs for saving and/or carrying there bacon. Every time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    No, although VIP players do get free Gold rolls on Daily Dice, so that might fit into your criteria. But when it comes to chest drops, chain rewards, general Daily Dice rolls (what number you get), etc., VIP does not confer additional "luck".

Quote Originally Posted by Talon_Moonshadow View Post
    I have found that those groups that say "need a healer"....really do need a healer.
    I have found that groups that need a healer (for most content, not all) need to play smarter and not get in over their heads

I have a static grp i run with we have done almost all content on elite at lvl with just the 3 of us barb, sorc and rogue at the moment we are all lvl 16, it can be done w/o a healer

buy some dang Pots and drink them don't pull 12 mobs at a time and then cry hjeal me

OP: not all pugs are that way but many are. It is nice that you are prepared for when the ___ hits the fan

"Come on folks its easy" Tico 20 Cleric, Montico Arti, Longlife 18/2 Ranger/monk, Jaaomae wc 20, Teeco Cleric

Hall of Famer & Hero DoctorWhofan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by justagame View Post
    This is why we see threads like we saw the other day, with people coming up with all sorts of interesting suggestions for addressing the perceived healer shortage.

There is no shortage of clerics and fvs. It's just that, after a few experiences like the one posted in the OP, the ones that stay with the class have learned the hard way to stick with friends, guild-mates, and only selectively pug.
    meh. Idiots are fun! I now know who to avoid (andtheir guilds) which is good info for high levels. I love to PuG!
    +The Goddess of Tempest's Spine+Merc's Only, THELANIS: List is here: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...94#post2798094 LEGIONNAIRE /Salute to Rameses, He has RETURNED!

Tasmania - Yes it's an actual place and no, Tasmanian Devils don't spin around and eat people

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuarok View Post
    I always demand that the rangers and pallies wand-whip me.

'Cause it's demeaning.
    Just for laughs I tried this in a PUG.
    "Pali, can you help with some wand whipping to top us up?"
    Remove armour, hit them with CLW freshly pulled from chest in my underwear while spamming "Yeah baby you like that don't you? Who's been a naughty boy and not brought pots?" in party chat.
    I wasn't asked again.
    A friend will bail you out of jail.
    A mate will be sitting in there beside you saying "Damn that was awsome!!!"

Unguilded of Orien

Default I trying out a back up healer build atm BUT

I just dont get it party members that chew out Cleric & healer types, In Pugs I always reward the healers if they bail me out or even if they just play smart. I guess them days are long gone. I run more pot junkie toons than anything & tell all healer types to ignore me unless it look like Im going down....If I'm doing a raid before we jump in, I pass a mana pot & a scroll or two if I know them,or if at the end they showed skill or went out of there way to learn to help them out. This is how the guild I use to be in did it,or we hit the guild bank for supplies for the healers,& this is what I stress in the guild we're try to build now...."Dont forget to thank your healers & help them because they helped you"

Sorry for the bad grammer,a bit of brain damage from the 80's
    ~~The House of Caedes~~Thelanis Server~~Krune~~Krunex~~Krunem~~Krunez~~ & many more " You can have my Dwarven Axe ,When you pry it out of my cold dead hand"~~" May your foes lay at your feet & your coffers be full"~~

I do love pugs .... you always come out with some great stories either of great success or of complete and utter failure, but at least there is a story.

Oh and I heal stupid

Community Member Deissa_Ironhand's Avatar

[QUOTE=Kalari;3843105]As a divine I cringe at any lfm's that say "Desperate need" because they totally end up being just that, desperate players who have no idea how to play the game and expect someone to heal bot them threw, they could have brought a hireling.

Any time anyone gives your divine grief when your doing what they want of you in the first place are good fodder for a DNG list. Im sorry even if its not all adults who play now no one has the right ever to yell at anyone especially over a game and their perceived idea on how someone is supposed to play their class.

At some point you may become like others of us who like playing clerics/ favored souls and realize you can't heal stupid, you will have to let bad players die at times so they learn to shape up or play alone. Its sad that tough love seems to be the only wake up for some of them and even then there will still be those who blame their deaths on lack of heals instead of their use of intelligence as a life dump stat.

Hope you dont get into anymore desperate groups it can be a drain on patience and sanity.[/QUOTE

I think tough love is the answer....Today tried TOD again...except this time I picked the group and we just tore through orcs like wet toilet paper....no gripes...got all the optionals and only one death....though it was rather funny.....Rogue blew up a trap...I was healing group, he was hurt but insisted on disarming a trap nearby while I was healing party....I said ok...oops....there was a loud boom and well picked up a soulstone...other than that bit of bad luck for the rogue...it worked well...I told the group if they want to meet regular lemme know and we can try to quest together on a regular basis...lets see what happens...

next time just leave.
    it's amazingly satisfying leaving then looking at a persons name in the WHO list, seeing it go from a quest to a public area knowing they have failed.
    .. perhaps send them a "mad, bro?" tell straight after
    My demands are simple. Ducks, penguins and tortoises as pets. I'll buy hats and bow-ties for them all.

Community Member Deissa_Ironhand's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by whitehawk74 View Post
    next time just leave.
    it's amazingly satisfying leaving then looking at a persons name in the WHO list, seeing it go from a quest to a public area knowing they have failed.
    .. perhaps send them a "mad, bro?" tell straight after
    Lol...Great ....ha,ha,ha,ha....will do....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12