Hybrid View

Default Elven arcanum and the Undying court

Most who know me know I play elves they are my favorite race in fantasy and I have found a way to enjoy them in ddo despite hearing the following: They are too squishy, they are not optimal for end game, drow get better SR saves and stats, blah blah all that goes in one ear out the other with me.

Now mind you playing a majority of elven characters I have learned the ins and outs of them in 3 years. I have played them as Bards, Clerics, Favored souls, Paladins, Rangers, Rogues Wizards and Sorcerors. We have a line that so far is for wizards only the arcanum line. I am pretty sure why they are only allowing it for wizards though Id love to see a line for bards, clerics, and sorcerors eventually come about. Having spell pen is nice and extra spell points to and it would give this race a bit of love that many people think they need.

Onto the undying court, I have taken this line with my Paladin, Favored soul and Clerics and while the free raise dead clicky and giving others scimitar abilities are nice Id love to see it be allowed by rangers to who get to utilize divine spells anyway and possibly bards. I wont ask for arcanes to get it even though id love that to but it would make sense for those who bother with divine spells to show off their faith a bit.

Id also love to see a aura boon something like "Blessings of Irian." This would give those of us who are crazy enough to take all three tier enhancements of the undying line a boost to saves or spells still trying to figure out a fair number at this. Im not asking for a stat boost or extra spells but an aura that helps show what worshiping the old and venerable line of the undying court is worth taking would be nice. I want it to be more then a raise dead /scimitar granting clickie.

Sure others may want to petiton for their favorite faiths/ enhancement lines. I love my elves so this is a request close to my heart. I am opening it up here to face flames mock ridicule and maybe just maybe others who agree and or have better suggestions for both lines. Thanks for reading this.
    Kalari-Lost Legions resident Drunking Gaming Diva!
    Im not bad Im morally Obtuse...
    *Enter my Den..*/*Live RPG fun on Skype*

Quote Originally Posted by Kalari View Post
    Most who know me know I play elves they are my favorite race in fantasy and I have found a way to enjoy them in ddo despite hearing the following: They are too squishy, they are not optimal for end game, drow get better SR saves and stats, blah blah all that goes in one ear out the other with me.

Now mind you playing a majority of elven characters I have learned the ins and outs of them in 3 years. I have played them as Bards, Clerics, Favored souls, Paladins, Rangers, Rogues Wizards and Sorcerors. We have a line that so far is for wizards only the arcanum line. I am pretty sure why they are only allowing it for wizards though Id love to see a line for bards, clerics, and sorcerors eventually come about. Having spell pen is nice and extra spell points to and it would give this race a bit of love that many people think they need.

Onto the undying court, I have taken this line with my Paladin, Favored soul and Clerics and while the free raise dead clicky and giving others scimitar abilities are nice Id love to see it be allowed by rangers to who get to utilize divine spells anyway and possibly bards. I wont ask for arcanes to get it even though id love that to but it would make sense for those who bother with divine spells to show off their faith a bit.

Id also love to see a aura boon something like "Blessings of Irian." This would give those of us who are crazy enough to take all three tier enhancements of the undying line a boost to saves or spells still trying to figure out a fair number at this. Im not asking for a stat boost or extra spells but an aura that helps show what worshiping the old and venerable line of the undying court is worth taking would be nice. I want it to be more then a raise dead /scimitar granting clickie.

Sure others may want to petiton for their favorite faiths/ enhancement lines. I love my elves so this is a request close to my heart. I am opening it up here to face flames mock ridicule and maybe just maybe others who agree and or have better suggestions for both lines. Thanks for reading this.
    I like elves too... I think they should have a little more perk in their favoured class area being wizard as such. Aside from that it would be neat if they introduced more sub-races of elf as they've already the models ... a little colour and I could see an easy addition of racial choices cheaply had.

Gray Elf
    Taller and grander in physical appearance than others of their race, gray elves have a reputation for being aloof and arrogant (even by elven standards). They have either silver hair and amber eyes or pale golden hair and violet eyes. They prefer clothing of white, silver, yellow, or gold, with cloaks of deep blue or purple.

Gray Elf Traits (Ex)
    These traits are in addition to the high elf traits.

• +2 Intelligence, -2 Strength.

Wild Elf
    Wild elves are barbaric and tribal. Wild elves’ hair color ranges from black to light brown, lightening to silvery white with age. They dress in simple clothing of animal skins and basic plant weaves.

Wild Elf Traits (Ex)
    These traits are in addition to the high elf traits, except where noted.

• +2 Dexterity, -2 Intelligence. These adjustments replace the high elf’s ability score adjustments.
    • Favored Class: Sorcerer. This trait replaces the high elf’s favored class.

Wood Elf
    Their hair color ranges from yellow to a coppery red, and they are more muscular than other elves. Their clothing is in dark shades of green and earth tones to better blend in with their natural surroundings.

Wood Elf Traits (Ex)
    These traits are in addition to the high elf traits, except where noted.

• +2 Strength, -2 Intelligence.
    • Favored Class: Ranger. This trait replaces the high elf’s favored class.
    A Baker's dozen in the Prophets of the New Republic and Fallen Heroes.
    Abaigeal(TrBd25), Ailiae(TrDrd2), Ambyre(Rgr25), Amilia(Pl20), Einin(TrRgr25), Emili(TrFgt25), Heathier(TrClc22), Kynah(TrMnk25), Meallach(Brb25), Misbehaven(TrArt22), Myara(Rog22), Rosewood(TrBd25) and Sgail(TrWiz20) little somethings with flavour 'n favour

Quote Originally Posted by Emili View Post

I like elves too... I think they should have a little more perk in their favoured class area being wizard as such. Aside from that it would be neat if they introduced more sub-races of elf as they've already the models ... a little colour and I could see an easy addition of racial choices cheaply had.

I like those ideas thanks Emili I know your a fellow elf lover to it would be nice if they would take the traits into consideration for sure.
    Kalari-Lost Legions resident Drunking Gaming Diva!
    Im not bad Im morally Obtuse...
    *Enter my Den..*/*Live RPG fun on Skype*