Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Ascension Chamber Visual Guide

This walkthrough is intended for beginners to gain a basic understanding of what the abbot raid looks like and how to complete each part. It is not intended to provide all the various strategies and each and every detail of the raid.

Thanks to Gimpinator, Summitt and Vazkor for their assistance in obtaining (and in some cases posing for) all the screenshots. Thanks again to Gimpinator for starting me on this project. It was alot of fun.

Note: As someone brought to my attention, the location of the Ice Platfrom to avoid the inferno will vary by server. Listen to your raid leader.

Enjoy.

Click the images to view them full size.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by Angry_Customer; 08-29-2013 at 11:25 PM.

Community Member

A great and helpful guide for beginners! :-)

Excellent job

I'd give +1 even if you only had posted that Flowchart for the laughs of it, but nice job!
    "When a mind does not know itself, it is flawed. When a mind is flawed, the man is flawed. When a man is flawed, that which he touches is flawed. It is said that what a flawed man sees, his hands make broken."
    Dak'kon.

You may want to note that the location of the Inferno ice platform is server dependent. On Sarlona, for instance, many groups expect it north.

Otherwise excellent. +1.

Very well done +1 rep.
    The Funniest Thing I've Ever Read
    Toons: Twengor (pal), Margween (Bard/FTR/Rogue), Nestrana (wiz), Ammerlyn (Arti), Ostarin (Monk) on Cannith

Quote Originally Posted by Sarisa View Post
    You may want to note that the location of the Inferno ice platform is server dependent. On Sarlona, for instance, many groups expect it north.

Otherwise excellent. +1.
    Good point. On Thelanis it is east.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sarisa View Post

Otherwise excellent. +1.
    Thank you for pointing that out. I have noted it.

Default Cool

Nice work.

MINISTRY

Very nice! +1

Ghallanda is NW, or at least it has been in every group I've been in so far.
    Have you ever wanted to create your own customized user interface skins for DDO?
    Click this sentence for a tutorial learning how, an easy-to-follow video guide.

Nice.

Just to note, when running tiles, the runner should use the /loc command to determine his directional facing. Use the last number (h number) and you want it to read 0 (no h number) or 180.

(Standard): You are at: r1 lx1928 ly128 i2049 cInside ox13.14 oy153.19 oz-259.72 h180.0

h180.0 is due south
    no h number is due north.

then they can strafe and never go off line.

+1 for the walkthrough
    Sarlona's #1 Piker!!
    QuiknDirty~Quikster~Quikfire~Quikkilla~Quikinator~ Missquik~Quiktunes~Fatalbert~Bignugly~Quikmeister~ Member of Quantum Entropy!!

Heh - PuGs in Argo are run differently as far as Inferno is concerned - I've only done about twenty abbots (including wipes) and the strategy for inferno has always been to surround the Abbot and spam mass heals / cures / radiant bursts to see everyone through. Need to drink 2 cure curse pots at the end to get rid of the dot.
    Can't say I like the strategy - my wimpy cleric tends to die a lot - but I've seen it work.

Quote Originally Posted by RandomKeypress View Post
    Heh - PuGs in Argo are run differently as far as Inferno is concerned - I've only done about twenty abbots (including wipes) and the strategy for inferno has always been to surround the Abbot and spam mass heals / cures / radiant bursts to see everyone through. Need to drink 2 cure curse pots at the end to get rid of the dot.
    Can't say I like the strategy - my wimpy cleric tends to die a lot - but I've seen it work.
    I have never seen anyone even try to use the ice wands in the last year. Just power on through it with heals which have the added benefit of beating him down even further.
    Glenalth Woodwalke ■ Preston the Ranger ■ Brisqoe the Dentist ■ Prescription Liberator
    AoK @ Argonnessen

That tactic is faster, and probably less risky. It's just a resource drain because of the SP drain from the Inferno's curses.

Couple points I think you missed-

Should describe the meanings of the different colored tiles
    Should describe the purpose of DI clerics and Waterwalk monks
    Should describe the aiming mechanics of asteroids a little more in-depth (aim slightly above an incoming asteroid, set object draw distance to ultra-high).

Besides that, well done
    Fear the Koala.
    Jial, Wyllywyl, and an ever-changing list of alts.

Well done, a few further detailed explanations may help but this still gives the first timer (and even some experienced users) a great look at all the stages of the raid.

+1 for you

Community Member

Technically the wand cooldowns don't make it impossible to solo jump; just unreasonably difficult.

Some other tip things:
    • Try to get over a multiple of 200 hp before going into asteroids.
    • Switching to another item when throwing your last rock may delete your item.
    • Autorun into the glass wall to align for goggles, then turn off mouselook so you are WASD only.
    • Actually not all tumbles are the same length.
    • FF items make telekinesis more likely to kill you.
    • With 2+ healers with Quicken, you can simply huddle on the Abbot and power through Inferno damage. That was pretty difficult when the level cap was 14, but now is much easier; percentage fire absorption is important though.

Community Member

Thank you for all the response, Good or Bad. As I stated above, this project was not intended to discuss all possible strategies and provide every little detail. There are some well written guides already. I chose to present what I believe, as well as several others, are the intended methods of completing the raid in a manner that does not require a specific character type or build (capstoned cleric, ninja spy, radiant servant, etc). There are certainly other strategies and tactics and many other details that any particular raid leader can discuss with the party.

Quote Originally Posted by Quikster View Post
    Just to note, when running tiles, the runner should use the /loc command to determine his directional facing. Use the last number (h number) and you want it to read 0 (no h number) or 180.

(Standard): You are at: r1 lx1928 ly128 i2049 cInside ox13.14 oy153.19 oz-259.72 h180.0

h180.0 is due south
    no h number is due north.

then they can strafe and never go off line.
    Great tip. Thank you.

One of the various other strategies I elected not to use since it requires at the least a single attentive and capable healer. This guide is intended for beginners. Would you want the success of your raid sitting on the shoulders of an unknown healer that has never been in the raid before?

Quote Originally Posted by Xenostrata View Post
    Couple points I think you missed-

Should describe the meanings of the different colored tiles
    Should describe the purpose of DI clerics and Waterwalk monks
    Should describe the aiming mechanics of asteroids a little more in-depth (aim slightly above an incoming asteroid, set object draw distance to ultra-high).

Besides that, well done
    I gave a description of the different colored tiles.

I skipped the use of DI and ninja spies because I did not want beginners to think they needed to have them even though most parties use them.

This is true. There are some details to throwing boulders I could have and possibly should have included. Thank you for the addition.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelus_dead View Post
    Technically the wand cooldowns don't make it impossible to solo jump; just unreasonably difficult.
    If I mentioned it someone would try it and fail.

Thank you for the other tips.

Server specific stuff - Argonessen (I've run this about 60 times in various guild groups and pugs)

Using the ice wands is very rare - we use D.I. or a Ninja Spy with water walk.
    We do not use tumble in tiles. Row shifting is 1 full running jump (hasted+jumped).
    We throw asteroids at the abbot for those with less than stellar DPS.
    We do not use the ice island for inferno. Surround the abbot and:
    1) Drink a remove curse pot after each tick of damage or
    2) Cast Break Enchantment to remove everyone's curses
    and then follow with mass protection from elements, mass heal, and reconstruct. I do admit that this strategy causes an immense amount of lag (just like the 'ball' strategy in EADQ2).

I think you also forgot to mention for casters that the abbot has a mantle of invulnerability, so level 5+ spells are needed. I believe the best spells are Delayed Blast Fireball, Disintegrate, and Meteor Swarm.
    Scoobmx Scoobshot Arcscoob Beefscoob : Imperial Assassins : Argonnessen
    My Builds : Abbot Raid Manual : Weapon Damage Modeler : My Trades

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast