Default Are there any non-named, bound to account handwraps?

Reason I want to know, is BTA items remain BTA after they are crafted; only non-named items can be deconstructed and crafted. I know it works with outfits and other weapons, but I need to find a bta set of wraps to mess around with.

non-named BTA items seem to be options for quest rewards where other named rewards are available. Does anyone know of any quest rewards for non-named wraps?

Thanks

Community Member

You do NOT need to do this anymore.

1. Find some handwraps, any will do.
    2. Give them to your alt.
    3. Let your alt make them craftable.
    4. Your crafter can make the shards for crafting.
    5. Use the shared bank to transfer them over to your alt.
    6. Your alt now combines the shards and the handwraps.

Problem solved.

should be theoretically available in the same quest packs that you get BTA anything else from.

but i'm curious why you feel this is necessary... just craft the shard, which is BTA, share it to the alt that needs it, and then craft that onto the target handwrap (which can be done with 0 exp at a 100% success rate) and you're good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaid314 View Post
    but i'm curious why you feel this is necessary... just craft the shard, which is BTA, share it to the alt that needs it, and then craft that onto the target handwrap (which can be done with 0 exp at a 100% success rate) and you're good to go.
    I want to pass them to my lowbie alts

Community Member

That's what he said... Send the shard over to your alt, and get the alt to put the shard on the handwraps. 100% success rate.

Unless you want to switch them regularily between several monks you have?

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Any reward from a Sharn Syndicate quest is BtA.
    Quest Chain rewards from... Fens, Carnival, STK, Tangleroot, Blood Tide, etc. will be BtA as well. Special cases apply to wands and shields. They seem to be BtC instead.

So if you pull handwraps there, you'll be able to swap them about as you see fit.

Also, stop posting the same thing in multi areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    Any reward from a Sharn Syndicate quest is BtA.

Also, stop posting the same thing in multi areas.
    Hmm...you have 17,804 posts....I have 76...Perhaps this is your forum, if so, my apologies for messing up a castle in your sandbox.

I was unaware that there was a rule to post a question in 1 spot. i posted it under the crafting forum AND the monk forum to capture the audiences from both monks and crafters...as it is a handwraps, crafting question. Sorry for not living here on the forums pages and knowing how it all works.

Dont get upset its good that you come to the forums it just bad form to post things in multiple areas, also it can get one of those things we are not supposed to talk about on the forums otherwise we might get one of those things.

Best practice is to post things once if you dont see a reply in awhile 24 hours then move the post to another forum.
    Enjoy yourself your time on earth is very short.

All Kyber toons - Xirthax (Paladin) : Xirth (Wizard) : Xirthtrix (Fighter) : Xorthtrox(Monk)

While for sure not defenitive I have never been offered random loot bta wraps even from bta rewards quests in many,many runs.

--------------
    side note the guy who suggested you not post in multiple locations was just trying to be helpful, so you don't get known as one of "those guys".
    Being somewhat new to the forums here you may not realize that things are generally cordial and friendly here , unlike most forums. I'll let the nasty comment slide this time without a neg just try and keep things civil eh?
    Move along , Nothing to see here

Quote Originally Posted by Rubiconn View Post
    ... it just bad form to post things in multiple areas, also it can get one of those things we are not supposed to talk about on the forums otherwise we might get one of those things.
    Why is is bad to post in 2 forums? As I see it...I got 12 responses from 12 different people in the other forum...none of which posted here...

If they are searching the monk forum and find my post...they may comment on it...same with those on crafting forum. maybe the monk forum-reader won't be on the crafting forum and vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by Staffman View Post
    Hmm...you have 17,804 posts....I have 76...Perhaps this is your forum, if so, my apologies for messing up a castle in your sandbox.

I was unaware that there was a rule to post a question in 1 spot. i posted it under the crafting forum AND the monk forum to capture the audiences from both monks and crafters...as it is a handwraps, crafting question. Sorry for not living here on the forums pages and knowing how it all works.
    Grow up, Staff. You could have a few thousand posts and I have made the same comment. The forums are here for all DDO players.

http://www.ddo.com/community/1059-dd...ity-guidelines

19. Posting the same thread to multiple forums ("cross-posting") without express permission of the Turbine Community Team is not allowed.
    Last edited by Missing_Minds; 05-28-2011 at 07:15 PM.

I'd be careful about that BtA crafting bug...Turbine has no problems with retroactively "fixing" things

Is it a bug or intentional? From what I read (wiki) it was intentional.

oops, double posted, sorry

oops, double posted, sorry
    Doubles happen. Fact of any forum it seems. And we aren't certain, honestly. I know I'd be surprised if they bothered to change that mechanic currently, but there is no way for us to know unless they actually tell us.

But even then, things are subject to change. <-- is the only constant really.

If it makes you feel better, if I could make BtA handwraps using that method, I would without a second thought currently.

Just because the Wiki tells you how to do something it does not mean it's WAI...hasn't it already been officially stated that any item currently being made is supposed to be BtC...even if it had a BtA status on it beforehand...or am I wrong on this?

Community Member Lucian_Navarro's Avatar

Default Yes, BtA Weapons that can be crafted do exist

Reason I want to know, is BTA items remain BTA after they are crafted; only non-named items can be deconstructed and crafted. I know it works with outfits and other weapons, but I need to find a bta set of wraps to mess around with.

non-named BTA items seem to be options for quest rewards where other named rewards are available. Does anyone know of any quest rewards for non-named wraps?

Thanks
    They are hard to find but well worth it as I have done what you are seeking when there are high value shards in question that you do not want to farm the ingredients each time.

I found a pair of BtA Handwraps in the Sharn Syndicate Series (you will find most items there, rings are highly recommended) I then crafted Vampirism (not lesser) plus Master Craftsmanship making them ML8. They get transferred via the shared bank without issue.

Community Member

Think the OP is still around to see this necro?

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by kmankowski View Post
    Think the OP is still around to see this necro?
    They haven't posted since 12-17-2012 and even if they are still around I hope they've found a pair by now.