Default Swapping dilettante after a tome?

Did someone confirm that if you have a stat that doesn't qualify, you can Fred-out the feat later after eating a tome?

For instance, start with dex of 12 (not enough for Rogue dilettante) ... start as fighter dilettante, say, then eat a tome ... and after 3rd swap to Rogue.

Does this work?
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Tome's apply a + at a certain lvl NOT LVL1 in which is the FEAT so you would NOT Qualify ever unless you have it @lvl1

Quote Originally Posted by Bodic View Post
    Tome's apply a + at a certain lvl NOT LVL1 in which is the FEAT so you would NOT Qualify ever unless you have it @lvl1
    Are you sure about that?

Unless Dile feats are special (they may well be; never rolled a half-elf), feats can be swapped to take advantage of tomes, even if the feat was taken at a level before the tome would have applied.

Feats check for BAB and spell casting ability at the level you're trying to take them at, but don't check for stats (only use current), or even other feats as prereqs (it's possible to swap GSF: Enchant for level 1, taking SF: Enchant at say, 10; it only matters that you currently have the prereq feat).

I've taken ITWF in my level 6 feat slot with a 15 starting DEX several times. I take a placeholder feat at 6, then eat the +2 tome at 7, and retrain the placeholder into ITWF.

Above poster is incorrect (two above, not directly above), this does work (I've done it, started with 12, +1 tome to 13, switched the Dilettante).
    Last edited by Iwinbyrollup; 05-26-2011 at 10:22 AM. Reason: clarification
    Khyber: Carinn (TR 18 Sorcerer) -- Kyrainne (TR 20 Paladin) -- Arrail (TR 20 Favored Soul) -- Aoede (18 Bard) -- Terrabourne (20 Ranger) -- Ankhalla (20 Monk) -- Cylanna (20 Rogue)
    The Lifeguard: A Swimcleric build

I can also verify I started with an 11 wisdom, ate a +3 tome and swapped to monk Dilettante.

Thanks guys - I can see Bodic's logic but I was pretty sure you could tome-qualify and swap later. Thanks!
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Quote Originally Posted by Bodic View Post
    That is not the way other feat swaps work... The system does not record what level you ate a tome at (this has been stated by the Devs before) btw - there was a time tomes had no ml. I still have alts where they had eaten +2 tomes at level one and two had +3 tomes as low as level nine.

i.e. itwf - 17 dex required ... start with 14 dex eat a +1 tome at level 3 (15 dex) and turn around swap in twf then latter eat a +3 tome at lvl 11 (now 17 dex) go to fred and swap out your level 6 feat for itwf - it's that simple.

Last edited by Emili; 05-26-2011 at 10:44 AM.
    A Baker's dozen in the Prophets of the New Republic and Fallen Heroes.
    Abaigeal(TrBd25), Ailiae(TrDrd2), Ambyre(Rgr25), Amilia(Pl20), Einin(TrRgr25), Emili(TrFgt25), Heathier(TrClc22), Kynah(TrMnk25), Meallach(Brb25), Misbehaven(TrArt22), Myara(Rog22), Rosewood(TrBd25) and Sgail(TrWiz20) little somethings with flavour 'n favour