With A New Wizard Or Two.

The Wizard He Was Getting Low
    His Spell Points They Were Spent
    He Turned To Say Can You Heal Me?
    We All Knew What He Meant.

The Favored Soul Said G.t.f.o.
    I've Done All That I Can Do
    My Mana Bar Is Really Small
    So Tough, Tough Luck For You; Tough, Tough Luck For You.

The Gimps They Started Talking And Some Bad Words Were Thrown About
    With The Wizard
    Favored Soul Too
    Some Other Pugs
    In A Room
    Neither One Could Do His Job
    Here In Delera's Tomb!
    Rofl!!!!
    A+

the official home of LOLWUT

LONG LIVE R.O.G.U.E ! Pay2Win AND PROUD
    Q: how do you get me to instantly appear in a thread? A: ask a bard question!

Quote Originally Posted by Elaril View Post
    Who actually still rely on healing from anywhere other than
    themselves while leveling anyway?
    What you need to do is roll yourself a brand new toon on a new server. Plat is tight. If you decide to pug low level quest, and you do so on a healing class bring some heals.
    “If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.”

Talking

/points finger and says "Die"
    Kahzadoom~Xzr~Irondoom~Doomlord~XvKing DoomHammer~
    Xoriat Born~Doompriest~Doom~DoomTusk~Legion of Doom~Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.

Just sit right back and you'll hear tell a tale,
    A tale of a gimpy crew
    That started in Delera's Tomb
    With a new wizard or two.

The wizard he was getting low
    His spell points they were spent
    He turned to say can you heal me?
    We all knew what he meant.

The favored soul said g.t.f.o.
    I've done all that I can do
    My mana bar is really small
    So tough, tough luck for you; tough, tough luck for you.

The gimps they started talking and some bad words were thrown about
    With the wizard
    Favored soul too
    Some other pugs
    In a room
    Neither one could do his job
    Here in Delera's Tomb!
    +1 for the Gilligans Island reference

As for the thread, weak drama = fail. Any favored soul can heal, use wands and scrolls and melee. No excuse for you not helping. There is also no excuse for the wizzie to not drink a pot.

Therefore, you're both wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by MsEricka View Post
    Any favored soul can heal, use wands and scrolls and melee. No excuse for you not helping. There is also no excuse for the wizzie to not drink a pot.

Therefore, you're both wrong.
    ^this

A party is a team. Teams that do not work in unity fail no matter the outcome.

I made popcorn and everything and this is the "drama" that I get...

bah

/leaves thread
    Para

Proud Co-Leader of <o>

Quote Originally Posted by Alektronic View Post
    Just to clarify:

- Yes, I do/did heal. *By melee built, I am stressing my capacity of more than healbotting (as many caster builds, healbot builds are relegated to doing at lower lvls).

- I had about 90% of my sp (easy run), and still didn't throw the heal .

-Squelch function was used, but didn't bother to report. I assume he'll reroll before lvl 10 neway (if he makes it that far).

PS Thanks for the ballad Schmoe .
    FINE, I'll start the real drama

So what your really telling everyone is that your just an A$$.
    You had the spell points and it would of been no skin off your back to toss a quick heal but instead you decided not to do it, which made the wizard wand whip and take up the most precious commodity there is in the game. TIME.
    Im sure you've made a great name for yourself both on the forums and in-game with this sad little story.

/respond

Quote Originally Posted by sebastianosmith View Post
    ^this

A party is a team. Teams that do not work in unity fail no matter the outcome.
    Working together does not have to mean babysitting though.

Thelanis Drama = weaksauce

Quote Originally Posted by flynnjsw View Post
    Working together does not have to mean babysitting though.
    I can't really describe the disgust I feel at this comment. Joining a party is not about the one - it is about the many. If a member is lacking, the remainder must pull together to help. If all that matters is individual accomplishment, solo everything.

I can't really describe the disgust I feel at this comment. Joining a party is not about the one - it is about the many. If a member is lacking, the remainder must pull together to help. If all that matters is individual accomplishment, solo everything.
    So then you are the type that doesn't join BYOH groups or anything like that huh? Well that's all well and good, you play how you like to, but if you are not at least somewhat self-reliant, you can bring the entire group down.

Community Member

Default Schmoe that was hilarious

I'm two ways on this. I generally think everyone should carry some form of self healing. Sure it would been team-ish to heal him after he hurt himself. But pretty selfish for the wizard to assume that other people should enable his play style, especially since wizards and *cough* sorcs love to brag about their kill counts without crediting any support characters.

Quote Originally Posted by flynnjsw View Post
    So then you are the type that doesn't join BYOH groups or anything like that huh? Well that's all well and good, you play how you like to, but if you are not at least somewhat self-reliant, you can bring the entire group down.
    Interesting... One can either bash those that, according to the OP, regain some ability such a SP in exchange for HP or one can blame them for requiring "babysitting". Some just can't win no matter what they do.

And no, I don't join BYOH groups. If all that matters is healing, why would I need the rest of them? And as for bringing down the rest of the group - isn't that what grouping is supposed to compensate for? The whole being greater than the sum of the parts? I'm all for aggressive individualism but not when part of a team.

Interesting... One can either bash those that, according to the OP, regain some ability such a SP in exchange for HP or one can blame them for requiring "babysitting". Some just can't win no matter what they do.

And no, I don't join BYOH groups. If all that matters is healing, why would I need the rest of them? And as for bringing down the rest of the group - isn't that what grouping is supposed to compensate for? The whole being greater than the sum of the parts? I'm all for aggressive individualism but not when part of a team.
    If we are going to use phrases like that; a chain is only as strong as it's weakest link. I mean if I have to babysit someone, what exactly are they contributing to the whole?

Quote Originally Posted by mws2970 View Post
    Agreed. A well-built and played healer (whatever the class) can and should do both.
    Yes, and my FvS can, sometimes using my sp for heal/cures makes me just a little bit sad as I kiss the potential divine punishments and other assorted damage goodness away. And sometimes it really feels like a waste of sp to keep someone else healed who I'm pretty sure is doing less damage than I would have been doing with that same sp pool...when I want to explicitly cross my eyes keeping red bars in sight I play my cleric.

(I do heal as needed on my FvS, I just wish that same power had gone to more awesome use.)

Community Member

Honestly, my only objection would be directed at the Wizard who presumed that he would be haled to full once he traded his hp for sp. Would it have killed the Wizzie to tell the group (and therefore the FvS) what he was going to do and for the FvS to toss a heal or three his way so that he would be ready to go for the end fight? Seems there was a Communication Breakdown here.

I'm pretty PO'd at the general negative response from the thread.

I've got 3 capped chars, 2 near cap, none healers. I rolled this fvs to "see the other side". My playstyle expects a certain lvl of self reliance. Even my wf barbarian carries a slew of pots which he keeps like an IV flowing at all times. Exceptions are raid and epics, where imo one cannot reasonably keep up with incoming dmg and still perform personal party role. I kind of expected this to be "common sense". But the jist I get from this thread, is that I was obligated to heal the wizard mentioned in OP, despite what I thought was a rude gesture and a sign of disrespect (I'm gonna manipulate your role as healer to steal some of ur blue bar).

I just can't get it through my thick head *** this guy (or some of you guys) are thinking. If it's and easy quest, I'd pike the last bit (sic). If it's a hard quest and resource intensive, I'd want the healer to save sp for the big encounter, when I really would need a heal. Finally, if I really did need that sp for w/e reason, I'd politely ask for a heal, and explain I came ill prepared (no pots or w/e). In 2/3 situations, I'd deal with the situation myself, and in the last instance, I would ask help from the party, not just covertly steal someone's blue. The logic here is "you're rich [in sp], I'm not, so give me some". It really gets under my skin that 80% of poster feel that the healer's sp bar is just an extension of the party's red bar, that everyone is entitled to moar heals, and that any form of self-preservation is beneath a non-healer's consideration.

I did invite a friendly discussion with the wizard about his tactics. I continue to invite a FRIENDLY discussion to understand the "other side's" perspective. I could have easily just ignored what he was doing (not bother look at the red/blue bars), solo the end fight, move on, write off him along with all other players of similar persuasion as r37ard5. I hope that puts some perspective on the situation, but maybe not. Forum troll is still troll.

The intent of the thread was to get a general view of the DDO populace about my role in the situation (not drama). I apologize for the topic heading "drama time" it was meant as a joke, not a mood setter. I understand there will always be trolls and neg reppers, so word to the peanut gallery, find your way out of my thread, head onto some Khyber sob story post, get a life, get a dog, get a gf/bf, or all of the above plz. I, for one, don't enjoy "wisecracks" whose intention and humor derives from being derogatory, degrading, insulting, inflammatory, etc...
    Last edited by Alektronic; 05-26-2011 at 09:30 AM. Reason: grammerz
    -Thelanis toons- Alektronic (pdk pally), Bakeneko (monk), Ghyldra (druid), Hermeros (crafter), Lecker (wf wiz),
    Panaceus (elemental barb), Quallus (SDK), Taigong (acrobat), Vamprix (archmage of vengeance), Vercigetorix (bard)

Discuss.
    You asked, you received ... what are you *****ing about?
    Brenna / Tzanna, The Dancing Rogues of Argonnessen
    Ascent on Argo
    "As the party's resident trap expert ..." <dies with smug yet surprised expression on face>

I've got 3 capped chars, 2 near cap, none healers. I rolled this fvs to "see the other side". My playstyle expects a certain lvl of self reliance. Even my wf barbarian carries a slew of pots which he keeps like an IV flowing at all times. Exceptions are raid and epics, where imo one cannot reasonably keep up with incoming dmg and still perform personal party role. I kind of expected this to be "common sense". But the jist I get from this thread, is that I was obligated to heal the wizard mentioned in OP, despite what I thought was a rude gesture and a sign of disrespect (I'm gonna manipulate your role as healer to steal some of ur blue bar).

I just can't get it through my thick head *** this guy (or some of you guys) are thinking. If it's and easy quest, I'd pike the last bit (sic). If it's a hard quest and resource intensive, I'd want the healer to save sp for the big encounter, when I really would need a heal. Finally, if I really did need that sp for w/e reason, I'd politely ask for a heal, and explain I came ill prepared (no pots or w/e). In 2/3 situations, I'd deal with the situation myself, and in the last instance, I would ask help from the party, not just covertly steal someone's blue. The logic here is "you're rich [in sp], I'm not, so give me some". It really gets under my skin that 80% of poster feel that the healer's sp bar is just an extension of the party's red bar, that everyone is entitled to moar heals, and that any form of self-preservation is beneath a non-healer's consideration.

I did invite a friendly discussion with the wizard about his tactics. I continue to invite a FRIENDLY discussion to understand the "other side's" perspective. I could have easily just ignored what he was doing (not bother look at the red/blue bars), solo the end fight, move on, write off him along with all other players of similar persuasion as r37ard5. I hope that puts some perspective on the situation, but maybe not. Forum troll is still troll.

The intent of the thread was to get a general view of the DDO populace about my role in the situation (not drama). I apologize for the topic heading "drama time" it was meant as a joke, not a mood setter. I understand there will always be trolls and neg reppers, so word to the peanut gallery, find your way out of my thread, head onto some Khyber sob story post, get a life, get a dog, get a gf/bf, or all of the above plz. I, for one, don't enjoy "wisecracks" whose intention and humor derives from being derogatory, degrading, insulting, inflammatory, etc...
    PLEASE, the moment you titled this thread with the word "drama" in it you were looking for flaming, your just mad the flames are burning you.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast