Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Unhappy Making an 'Eldritch Knight' Build?

So I'm trying to come up with building one...

Okay so maybe this may not be a true Eldritch Knight...
    I need help figuring out some of the skills and probably someone can help me make a decent one...
    My aim is to go for mostly spells to help further improve my combat capability and survivability such as Haste.

I know probably the Bard is a better choice but theres something more fun about it being with a Wizard.

So far this is what I can assume on my build:

18 STR
    8 DEX
    14 CON
    14 INT
    10 WIS

Feats:
    Two-Handed Fighting
    Insightful Reflexes
    Extend Spell

Enhancements:
    All Dwarven Axe Enhancements
    All Extend Spell Enhancements

I know I'm definitely going to take the Master's Touch Spell

Skills:
    Balance & Concentration, and some points in Tumble...

aside from all this I don't know what other skills/feats to take.

Dwarven Character, so I can take advantage of the Axe Enhancments.
    Last edited by JeremiahLoh; 05-23-2011 at 10:50 PM. Reason: Some minor edits.

Community Member

There's a lot wrong with this thread, where to begin?

That build looks less like a wizard and more like something you would do for a rogue. Wizards don't have any combat skills so you should never try to play one like this. Arcane archer is about the only thing you can get away with, and even that's bad.

Dwarven axes are one handed, so I don't know why you're getting two handed fighting. It's silly if you plan on using dwarven axes anyway.

Basically rethink the build.

I'm talking about the Axe Enhancements available for Dwarves.

Namely these:

Dwarven Axe Attack I
    Dwarven Axe Attack II
    Dwarven Axe Damage I
    Dwarven Axe Damage II

2-Handed for using Great Axes.

Then nabbing some other Spells that I could use to buff my character up. Like Haste,Mage Armor & Nightshield...

... Would just going Bard be more effective though if I'm going to be spellcasting myself a bit.

Don't do it!

Basically you will have a gimp fighter who can't hit in combination with a gimp wizard who can't crowd control and can't instant kill anything with very mediocre elemental damage spells at level 20.

You are better off playing a favored soul who can melee and cast better.

Or you are challenging yourselves by leveling a gimp character to 20.
    In that case, enjoy your mucho macho pain!

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility

I don't know it all started this morning. I was remembering those descriptions of Eldritch Knights... Tossing Fireballs then running into the battle field while armor-clad in Full Plate Mail. And buffed up with True Strike,Haste and all those other fancy stuff...

idk... also... the iconic picture of the Eldritch Knight.

Lately because all the Questing Groups I end up have people who keep kicking me out of groups since my Rogue is not 'min-maxed' enough for them.

And well the Eldritch Knight seems like the closest thing I've seen that could fulfill this playing style. I haven't started up yet anyway... still need some more tips and such. if I can make something like this work...

Quote Originally Posted by Other_Guy View Post
    There's a lot wrong with this thread, where to begin?

That build looks less like a wizard and more like something you would do for a rogue. Wizards don't have any combat skills so you should never try to play one like this. Arcane archer is about the only thing you can get away with, and even that's bad.

Dwarven axes are one handed, so I don't know why you're getting two handed fighting. It's silly if you plan on using dwarven axes anyway.

Basically rethink the build.
    Dwarf axe enhancements work with all axes, not just daxe.

Honestly, if the only thing you want is a self-hasting/displacing melee then bard is certainly the better choice and songs a great perk. The main advantage of Eldritch Knight PrC in PnP was 9/10 spell caster level progression and full BAB. Going full wizard, tour to-hit is going to fall too far behind unless you carry a lot of divine power clickies, or resort to Tensor's.

Many of the arcane defensive buff will need to find themselves into the game before such a concept becomes feasible, nevermind workable. A FvS or battlecleric is generally a better choice if melee+spellcasting ability is your goal.
    Officer of Disciples of the Apocalypse on Sarlona
    Himawari Life 3 - 1 FvS | Svipul Life 3 - 1 FvS | Chikaze Life 2 - 2 PAL / 2 MNK / 4 FVS
    Completionist Project: GLaDOS - Life 14 of ??: Bladeforged 'Zeus' - Started 22/02/14

Tukaw build is what first came to mind here, but if I recall correctly its rather gear intensive (never played one). But its an arcane melee build, and when done right tends to work out pretty well.

I've seen on occasion some 12 wiz/rest other stuff splits that aren't so bad, but a lot of the times they are hardly up to speed compared to more normal types. Sometimes they are good solo characters but not much beyond that.

I think the common line is that these sorts of builds with wizard or sorcerer are gear intensive, and take some play experience to do right.

I don't think you can make a pure wiz or sorc melee all that well, and the multiclass wizards and sorcerers that melee are typically deep splits.

Bard on the other hand has a number of different ways to make an arcane melee.
    Khyber: Runforr 13/6/1 Rog/Ftr/Mnk, Bakup 3/3/1 Mnk/Pal/Rog (TR Pal), Faylah 14 Mnk (TR Mnk), Janthyra 12/7/1 Brb/Rog/Ftr, Ainbthech 20 Sor, Fliethas 18/2 Fvs/Mnk, Unfilled 12/6/2 Mnk/Rgr/Ftr, Arcanemark 10 Wiz "Don't eat us dragon! We're like you, but smaller. And fly worse." - Kobold Crewman on the Heart of Wind

Community Member

i have a wf wiz / rog i play that i have scourged the ah with and collected several 5/clicks a day of dp all on rings im up to 25 clicks on the rings only ive banked all the other stuff he is currently lvl 15 running around in gianthold and sure i can buff myself to the teeth and go smash things but its still not enough compared to real meele's but it does save spellpoints.

i havent sacrificed any wizzy stuff except for the rog lvls int con str in that order is what ive focused on, ive ran him as a meele caster but after 12+ i cant really do it anymore i simply lack perks for it. its fun but not very optimal and it takes half a day to kill stuff on elites in gianthold if i just swing at em

i have been wanting to do a 2 pal 2 rog 16 sorc wf to but i havent gotten around to do it so much trouble just to throw a fire ball while useing a big sword lol

if you dont have WF id stick with a bard warchanter they are awesome. they are flavor builds and alot of fun but without a wicked grind they are lacking endgame imho. put that same gear on a real meele that you need to perform normaly on a warmage kinda char and youd have something overpowered. ive built alot of these caster gimps just to reach some 500-700 favor on each server its alot of fun early to mid game but you cant really take em further without epic dedication to grinding out stuff

edit:
    if you havent rolled one up you should and see for youre self =) theyre fun as hell focus on int con and str preferbly a wf take fighter as the second lvl then go all the way up till you can load in fireball/displacements . thats when battlemages are fun =) or go 1 rog at lvl 1 then the rest in wizard and keep casting masters touch
    Last edited by Tokeri; 05-24-2011 at 01:55 AM.

the 2 posters above are wrong, sory gents but theres no other way to put it, although a spell sword will rarely be a master of death magic and crowd controll they are very functional, its simply a diferent play style.

spell swords can and do work in ddo, i have personly solo'd raids and tuff quests on characters that most definately fit into the spell sword category ( demon queen, reavers at lvl , tempest at lvl, and SOS at 17)

first lets talk about multiclassing stopping points, and plan the build out.

good stopping points for wizard are:
    good stopping points for fighter are:

Race: By far the best spell sword race is warforge, the simple reason is they are tuff and can heal them selves with arcane magic, other options are are all equal.

the reasons for these stopping points being where they are is a combination of class featurs and enchanmets (notably prestiges) unlocked at various points.

I will present you with the basics of 3 builds to choose from - or beter yet inspire you to make your own, i would also encourage you to look at the 'tukaw' build, this goes to all the nay sayers too.

these builds are all 32 pointers.

BUILD 1: The magic boosted warrior.
    Race: wf, dwarf can also work - stats asuming WF
    STR:18 (+ all points lvl ups)
    DEX:8
    CON:18
    INT:14
    WIS:8
    CHA:6

lvl split: 12 fighter (kensai), 8 wizard (evocation archmage)

skills: concentration (max this out), balance (get as high as pos).
    if not a warforge: UMD (get as high as pos), other skills as you please.

feats: 7 general, 7 fighter, 2 wizard. - in no specific order
    weapon focus
    weapon spec
    2 handed fighting
    imp 2 handed fighting
    greater 2 handed fighting
    improved weapon focus
    improved weapon spec
    toughness
    meta extend
    power attack
    mental toughness
    improved mental toughness (nay sayers be damed its a beter feat for a non pure caster)
    maximise
    empower
    improved crit OR if wf meta quicken and get a keen weapon - idealy MINERAL 2
    spell focus evocation

Enhancments: kensai, all the toughness you can get, force damage and repair if a warforge.

BUILD 2: The vampire monk - this guy will tear people arart hand to hand and keep him self healed with negative energy.
    Race:any (stats & feats asuming human)
    STR:14 (+ all points lvl ups)
    DEX:16 (+1 tome needed here)
    CON:14
    CHA:8

lvl split: 12 wizard (pale master), 3 monk (dark path), 5 rogue.

skills: concentration, UMD, Search, disable, open lock.

feats: 7 general, 3 wizard, 2 monk - in no specific order
    spell focus necromancy
    greater spell focus necromancy
    toughness (monk feat)
    power attack
    mental toughness
    imp crit bludgeon
    2 weapon fighting (2nd monk feat)
    imp 2 weapon fighting
    greater 2 weapon fighting
    meta extend
    meta maximise
    meta empower

Enhancments: pale master, shroud of the vampire. sneak attack bonus damage and to hit. + one or two element of your choice.

BUILD 3: The almost pure mage that knows how to kill magic resistant foes in mele, how to break and enter and is generaly tuffer and more suviveable while still having beter spell dc's than the average sorc. This guy is NOT front line mele all the time but is capable of whacking stuff to conserve mana.

Race:idealy warforge although any will sufice (stats addume wf)
    STR:16
    DEX:8
    CON:16
    INT:18 (+ all points lvl ups)
    CHA:6

lvl split: 17 wizard (pale master), 1 fighter, 2 rogue.

skills: concentration, UMD, Search, disable, open lock, spot, any others you want.

feats: 7 general, 4 wizard, 1 fighter - in no specific order
    spell focus necro
    greater spell focus necro
    toughness
    mental toughness
    spell pen
    power attack
    maximise
    empower
    heighten
    extend
    quicken
    insightful reflexes

enhancements: pale master, shroud of the lich and vampire, sneak attack bonus, as much toughness as you can get, bonus trap save, cheap heighten, + one or 2 elements of your choice.

-------------------------------------------

Important gear for eldrich knight builds:
    HIT POITNS and CON, i cant stress this enough - you will be squishy compared to a proper mele no mater how you dice the numbers so minimise this by geting the best hit point gear you can.
    DIVINE POWER CLICKIES, divine power unlike tensers transformaion does nto prevent spell casting - dedicate a slot to these critters.
    ANY ITEMS THAT GIVE +to hit or + to damage. There are various items and sets in the game that give these bonus, keep an eye out. i can recomend the wrath of sora kell set for a spell sword as it not only gives +to hit and damage it also gives potency to your spells.

Important spells:
    haste, rage, displacement, heroism, Greater heroism, fire sheild, stoenskin and necrotic burst and negative energy aura for pale masters.
    Additionaly a AOE damage over time is essential, cat it and fight inside it - this tactic validates the build - try explaingin to the mele that although your hitting for 60% of their damage your glancing blows are ticking away for 100 a second - this is particularly amusing if you actualy have glancing blows as well or cleave.
    For boss DPS i decomend a non aoe DOT as well - again this will put your dps on par with a true mele.

um any way.. thanks for reading if u got this far. hope it all helps and best of luck.
    Ex Euro player from devourer: Charaters on orien(Officer of Under Estimated & Nightfox): Wrothgar, Cobolt, Shadeweaver, TheMetal, Metaphysical, Allfred, Razortusk and many more.
    stuff by me: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...02#post4938302

What role do you want to fill, I'll slap one together for you real quick and you can build off that.

Also is dwarf necessary?

what classes/races do you have available?

Does it have to be THF?

I was going Dwarf mostly for the convenience of their Axe Enhancements (Hence making Melee-ing more powerful)

I don't have access to Warforged, Just the bare bones 28 Pt. Build... so I pretty much only hav

I was assuming 2H mostly because you get more damage for using 2H's and since Great Axes are 2-handed that would work well for the Dwarf.

Something like this could work - but is highly gear dependant

Ditch the sword - take up the staff
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=308813
    -Stealth RULEZ- A compilation -Favor 101- "How-to" unlock the game -Boycott the changes- combat changes stink
    You say you want your $$ back, i d g a f about the $$. I want my GAME back..

Sorry it took so long:

Code:
    Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 3.9.1 
    DDO Character Planner Home Page  

Jeremiah's Eldritch Knight 
    Level 20 Chaotic Good Dwarf Male 
    (6 Fighter / 14 Wizard) 
    Hit Points: 258 
    Spell Points: 1260 

BAB: 13/13/18/23 
    Fortitude: 11 
    Reflex: 9 
    Will: 10 

Starting    Feat/Enhancement 
    Abilities    Base Stats    Modified Stats 
    (28 Point)    (Level 1)      (Level 20) 
    Strength           16                25 
    Dexterity          15                17 
    Constitution       10                14 
    Intelligence       16                21 
    Wisdom              8                 8 
    Charisma            6                 6 

Tomes Used 
    +2 Tome of Strength used at level 11 
    +2 Tome of Dexterity used at level 11 
    +2 Tome of Constitution used at level 11 
    +2 Tome of Intelligence used at level 11 

Starting      Feat/Enhancement 
                 Base Skills  Modified Skills 
    Skills       (Level 1)      (Level 20) 
    Balance            4              18 
    Bluff              -2             -1 
    Concentration      2              18 
    Diplomacy          -2             -1 
    Disable Device     n/a            n/a 
    Haggle             0              9 
    Heal               -1             7 
    Hide               2              3 
    Intimidate         -2             -1 
    Jump               5              9 
    Listen             -1             -1 
    Move Silently      2              3 
    Open Lock          n/a            n/a 
    Perform            n/a            n/a 
    Repair             3              5 
    Search             3              7 
    Spot               -1             10 
    Swim               3              7 
    Tumble             3              4 
    Use Magic Device   0              9 

Level 1 (Fighter) 
    Feat: (Selected) Toughness 
    Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Two Weapon Fighting 

Level 2 (Fighter) 
    Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Weapon Focus: Slashing Weapons 

Level 3 (Wizard) 
    Feat: (Wizard Bonus) Mental Toughness 
    Feat: (Selected) Oversized Two Weapon Fighting 

Level 4 (Wizard) 

Level 5 (Wizard) 

Level 6 (Wizard) 
    Feat: (Selected) Empower Spell 

Level 7 (Wizard) 
    Feat: (Wizard Bonus) Spell Focus: Evocation 

Level 8 (Wizard) 

Level 9 (Fighter) 
    Feat: (Selected) Maximize Spell 

Level 10 (Fighter) 
    Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Weapon Specialization: Slashing Weapons 

Level 11 (Fighter) 

Level 12 (Fighter) 
    Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Improved Two Weapon Fighting 
    Feat: (Selected) Quicken Spell 

Level 13 (Wizard) 

Level 14 (Wizard) 

Level 15 (Wizard) 
    Feat: (Selected) Greater Spell Focus: Evocation 

Level 16 (Wizard) 
    Feat: (Wizard Bonus) Heighten Spell 

Level 17 (Wizard) 

Level 18 (Wizard) 
    Feat: (Selected) Greater Two Weapon Fighting 

Level 19 (Wizard) 

Level 20 (Wizard) 
    Enhancement: Fighter Attack Boost I 
    Enhancement: Fighter Attack Boost II 
    Enhancement:: Fighter Haste Boost I 
    Enhancement: Fighter Haste Boost II 
    Enhancement: Dwarven Axe Attack I 
    Enhancement: Dwarven Axe Attack II 
    Enhancement: Dwarven Constitution I 
    Enhancement: Dwarven Constitution II 
    Enhancement: Kensei Dwarven Waraxe Mastery I 
    Enhancement: Fighter Critical Accuracy I 
    Enhancement: Fighter Critical Accuracy II 
    Enhancement: Fighter Kensei I 
    Enhancement: Wizard Improved Empowering I 
    Enhancement: Wizard Improved Maximizing I 
    Enhancement: Racial Toughness I 
    Enhancement: Racial Toughness II 
    Enhancement: Racial Toughness III 
    Enhancement: Racial Toughness IV 
    Enhancement: Improved Concentration I 
    Enhancement: Improved Concentration II 
    Enhancement: Improved Concentration III 
    Enhancement: Wizard Energy of the Scholar I 
    Enhancement: Wizard Energy of the Scholar II 
    Enhancement: Wizard Energy of the Scholar III 
    Enhancement: Wizard Energy of the Scholar IV 
    Enhancement: Wizard Intelligence I 
    Enhancement: Wizard Intelligence II 
    Enhancement: Wizard Intelligence III 
    Enhancement: Fighter Strength I 
    Enhancement: Fighter Strength II 
    Enhancement: Fighter Toughness I 
    Enhancement: Fighter Toughness II 
    Enhancement: Wizard Archmage I 
    Enhancement: Wizard Archmage II 
    Enhancement: Wizard Archmage III
    Alternatively you could swap out the last 2 levels of Wiz for fighter, improving your HP and combat ability, reducing some of your spell casting ability.

I went TWF instead of THF because it gives more DPS, and more reflex save. This does however cost you a +2 tome. Use the weapons of your heritage young Eldritch Dwarf.

The enhancements are really tight, but you only NEED the SP, toughness, Archmage and Kensei ones. The rest are negotiable, but any way you cut it, enhancement starved.

I would also Like to take the two fighter levels over the last 2 wiz levels for another toughness feat. But thats my own demon. Theres a lot of room for change here to suit your specific needs, but at endgame you'll be able to drop damage spells while you melee, which increases your overall DPS.

I put UMD in there because I bet you'll want to use some divine scrolls, you'll need to get a UMD item as well.

Also you WILL need potency items, false life, +con, +str, +int, tougness item, and you will want torc/ConcOpp.

Its a really gear intensive build, but it will suit your playstyle well I think. It may be difficult finding a group endgame unless you're in an RP guild or something.

Anyways just my 2cp.

*EDIT* also, Twilight Mithral is going to be your armor, unless you completely disregard AC.

*EDIT2* Your HP will be sitting at ~500ish end game after items and buffs. Enough not to get 1 hit, don't draw too much aggro, if you think you might, put some skill points into diplomacy instead.
    Last edited by Ngha; 05-24-2011 at 03:53 AM.

~Holy *Snip* of Pure Good~

Quote Originally Posted by bigolbear View Post
    BUILD 2: The vampire monk - this guy will tear people arart hand to hand and keep him self healed with negative energy.
    Race:any (stats & feats asuming human)
    STR:14 (+ all points lvl ups)
    DEX:16 (+1 tome needed here)
    CON:14
    CHA:8

lvl split: 12 wizard (pale master), 3 monk (dark path), 5 rogue.

skills: concentration, UMD, Search, disable, open lock.

feats: 7 general, 3 wizard, 2 monk - in no specific order
    spell focus necromancy
    greater spell focus necromancy
    toughness (monk feat)
    power attack
    mental toughness
    imp crit bludgeon
    2 weapon fighting (2nd monk feat)
    imp 2 weapon fighting
    greater 2 weapon fighting
    meta extend
    meta maximise
    meta empower

Enhancments: pale master, shroud of the vampire. sneak attack bonus damage and to hit. + one or two element of your choice.
    I'm assuming your build is taking the rogue for sneak attack. Personally I went with 12 wizard, 6 monk, 2 fighter. Plenty of feats to throw around - 7 general, 3 wizard, 3 monk, 2 fighter.

Pretty survivable when you combine Ninja Spy's Shadow Fade and Displacement. If you still want sneak attack, you can go Half-Elf and grab the Rogue dilettante. Using the dilettante you can gain just as much sneak attack as you would from those five Rogue levels.

You'll be able to efficiently self-heal with Death Aura so UMD really doesn't offer much that you can't obtain from item clickies. Divine power rings (I've got two with five uses each for 11 minutes total), Tier 2 green steel for Raise Dead, etc.

Wizards don't have any combat skills so you should never try to play one like this.
    Arcane Knights are tricky builds, but they are viable and fun characters in the hands of capable players.

Dwarven axes are one handed, so I don't know why you're getting two handed fighting.
    Dwarven axes (and bastard swords), when used with a shield, trigger glancing blows and glancing blows are improved by THF feats.

Quote Originally Posted by JeremiahLoh View Post
    Okay so maybe this may not be a true Eldritch Knight...
    First of all, be warned: many parties tend to decline arcane melee characters ... so be prepared ....

Race: Warforged is an easy choice for Arcane Knights, since they can self-repair (Reconstruct spell is acquired at lvl 11 wizard); if you are set on "fleshies", then Pale Master PrE will provide you some self-healing.

Build-wise, I would suggest some "deeply splashed builds" here (if "fleshie", 12 wizard levels for PM II, which will provide Wraith and Vampire forms; at least 11 wizard levels for Reconstruct, if WF):

- 12 wizard - 6 fighter (Kensai I) - 2 monk (or rogue or barbarian);
    - 12 wizard - 8 fighter (Kensai I);
    - 12 wizard - 6 bard (Warchanter I) - 2 rogue or fighter or barbarian;
    - if you are willing to go TWF: 12 wizard - 6 ranger (Tempest I) - 2 whatever or, with ki weapons, 12 wizard - 6 monk (Ninja Spy I) - 2 whatever.

As a side note, some of the PrE I suggested have specific requirements (e.g. Ninja Spy I requires Dodge, Tempest I Dodge + Mobility + Spring Attack, Warchanter I Weapon Focus and Power Attack, etc.).

So far this is what I can assume on my build:

18 STR
    8 DEX
    14 CON
    14 INT
    10 WIS
    You are not going to land any DC spell, thus you can lower your INT to 12 and raise your CON.

Feats:
    Two-Handed Fighting
    Insightful Reflexes
    Extend Spell
    Since you are going to melee, you will need Toughness, Improved Critical and Power Attack (you might need to turn it off against high AC mobs).

Tips:
    - Wizards are a "low hp" class: gear providing hp (enhancement bonsues to Con, Toughness, Elemental Energy, Toughness, False Life, etc.) are your friends ...
    - Wizards is a "low BAB" class: while we wait for Tenser's Transformation to be fixed, look for Divine Power clickies.
    On Thelanis: Hallelujah (Spellsinger) - Jerryrigged Juggernaut (caster FvS) - Sepulchral (Druid) - Chopchopchop (Warlock) - Alleyshadow (retired gimped monkcher). Formerly on Keeper : Misericordia (Thug) - Mumbo Jumbo (Battle Caster) - Infernal Can (WF Kinda Cleric) - Halleluyah (Melee Spellsinger).

First off, I'm a huge fan of the Eldritch Knight and other "Spellsword" type classes in pnp.

Since you dont have WF, if you are up for the challenge of a lower con then may i suggest trying Elf, make a pnp-ish Elf wiz/fighter and take the Valenar Elf Melee Enhancements for Falchion bonuses plus the Elven Arcane Fluidity Enchancements if you want to wear armor. It's a flavor build for sure, but those can be some of the funnest characters to play. Otherwise use Ngha's Build just change the enhancements around a little bit to fit an Elf instead Dwarf.

It's ideas like the op's and some other builds make me wish turbine would add the Arcane Strike feat from Complete Warrior. It could work like Divine Sacrifice just cost more sp and no hp.

Edit: Just notice Ngha's build was a TWF, the Valenar line gives bonuses to Scimitars including Falchions. So either change out the twf feats for thf or use Scimmys.
    Last edited by EufretDemias; 05-24-2011 at 09:58 AM. Reason: noticed somethign while rereading thread

WF 12/6/2 (Sorc/Pal/Mon) - Arcane Warrior (Dragonage concept). It's actually a decent build IMO - incredibly
    survivable.

Community Member

Lol, so here's what I came up with. It sounds so fun I would actually roll one if only I could bear to show my face in game with such a split.

Excuse the WoW reference...

Code:

Windfury 
    Level 20 True Neutral Half-Orc Male
    (12 Fighter \ 2 Rogue \ 6 Sorcerer) 
    Hit Points: 318
    Spell Points: 505 
    BAB: 16\16\21\26\26
    Fortitude: 14
    Reflex: 12
    Will: 9

Starting          Feat/Enhancement
    Abilities        Base Stats          Modified Stats
    (32 Point)       (Level 1)             (Level 20)
    Strength             18                    30
    Dexterity            15                    17
    Constitution         16                    18
    Intelligence         10                    12
    Wisdom                8                    10
    Charisma              6                     8

Tomes Used
    +2 Tome of Strength used at level 7
    +2 Tome of Dexterity used at level 7
    +2 Tome of Constitution used at level 7
    +2 Tome of Intelligence used at level 7
    +2 Tome of Wisdom used at level 7
    +2 Tome of Charisma used at level 7

Base Skills         Modified Skills
    Skills           (Level 1)            (Level 20)
    Balance               2                     3
    Bluff                -2                     1
    Concentration         5                    28
    Diplomacy            -2                     1
    Disable Device        n/a                   n/a
    Haggle               -2                    -1
    Heal                 -1                     0
    Hide                  2                     3
    Intimidate           -2                     1
    Jump                  4                    10
    Listen               -1                     0
    Move Silently         2                     3
    Open Lock             n/a                   n/a
    Perform              n/a                   n/a
    Repair                0                     1
    Search                0                     1
    Spot                 -1                     0
    Swim                  4                    10
    Tumble                n/a                   6
    Use Magic Device      0                    22

Level 1 (Fighter)
    Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Khopesh

Level 2 (Fighter)
    Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Power Attack

Level 3 (Fighter)
    Feat: (Selected) Two Weapon Fighting

Level 4 (Fighter)
    Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Weapon Focus: Slashing Weapons

Level 5 (Fighter)

Level 6 (Fighter)
    Feat: (Selected) Stunning Blow
    Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Weapon Specialization: Slashing Weapons

Level 7 (Sorcerer)
    Spell (1): Nightshield
    Spell (1): Ray of Enfeeblement

Level 8 (Sorcerer)
    Spell (1): Jump

Level 9 (Sorcerer)
    Feat: (Selected) Empower Spell
    Spell (1): Expeditious Retreat

Level 10 (Sorcerer)
    Spell (2): Blur

Level 11 (Sorcerer)
    Spell (2): Gust of Wind

Level 12 (Sorcerer)
    Feat: (Selected) Maximize Spell
    Spell (3): Haste

Level 13 (Rogue)

Level 14 (Fighter)

Level 15 (Fighter)
    Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Improved Critical: Slashing Weapons
    Feat: (Selected) Improved Two Weapon Fighting

Level 16 (Fighter)

Level 17 (Fighter)
    Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Greater Two Weapon Fighting

Level 18 (Fighter)
    Feat: (Selected) Extend Spell

Level 19 (Fighter)
    Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Greater Weapon Specialization: Slashing Weapons

Level 20 (Rogue)
    Enhancement: Fighter Attack Boost I
    Enhancement: Fighter Attack Boost II
    Enhancement: Fighter Extra Action Boost I
    Enhancement: Fighter Haste Boost I
    Enhancement: Fighter Haste Boost II
    Enhancement: Fighter Haste Boost III
    Enhancement: Fighter Haste Boost IV
    Enhancement: Kensei Khopesh Mastery I
    Enhancement: Kensei Khopesh Mastery II
    Enhancement: Fighter Critical Accuracy I
    Enhancement: Fighter Critical Accuracy II
    Enhancement: Fighter Kensei I
    Enhancement: Fighter Kensei II
    Enhancement: Fighter Strategy (Stunning Blow) I
    Enhancement: Fighter Strategy (Stunning Blow) II
    Enhancement: Fighter Khopesh Specialization I
    Enhancement: Orcish Extra Action Boost I
    Enhancement: Orcish Extra Action Boost II
    Enhancement: Orcish Extra Action Boost III
    Enhancement: Orcish Power Attack I
    Enhancement: Orcish Power Attack II
    Enhancement: Orcish Power Attack III
    Enhancement: Orcish Strength I
    Enhancement: Orcish Strength II
    Enhancement: Racial Toughness I
    Enhancement: Racial Toughness II
    Enhancement: Sorcerer Air Savant I
    Enhancement: Charged Spellcasting I
    Enhancement: Charged Spellcasting II
    Enhancement: Deadly Shocks I
    Enhancement: Deadly Shocks II
    Enhancement: Storm Manipulation I
    Enhancement: Storm Manipulation II
    Enhancement: Storm Manipulation III
    Enhancement: Sorcerer Energy of the Dragonblooded I
    Enhancement: Sorcerer Energy of the Dragonblooded II
    Enhancement: Fighter Strength I
    Enhancement: Fighter Strength II
    Enhancement: Fighter Strength III
    Enhancement: Fighter Toughness I
    Enhancement: Fighter Toughness II
    I tried for max Str, but you just can't get enough Int for both UMD and Conc. No point going Sorc earlier than 7, because without the tome and a +3 Cha item you wouldn't be able to cast any spells. Could maybe drop Stun for Quickdraw.

I wasn't expecting a 16 BAB, nor that many HP. Not bad for a quasi-gimp.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Here's my idea: dwarf wiz 12 / ftr 6 / rogue 2 - Pale Master II / Kensai I. PM undead form has some nice immunities and Death Aura will give you perpetual self-healing & has no save so it will do some DPS to living mobs. [Unfortunately, zombie form sucks for a melee wiz, so you'll drop it as soon as you get vampire & wraith from PM II.] Your DCs will suck, but there are a few other no-save DPS spells which you might be able to use, like Magic / Force Missiles and Acid Fog; so I put some APs into boosting them.

The must-have feats on this build, IMHO: Toughness (don't leave home without it! ), Power Atk, IC Slash, THF x3, WF & WS Slash (Kensai pre-reqs), SF & GSF Necro (PM pre-reqs), and Mental Toughness (wraith pre-req). That leaves 3 feats to spare; I went with Insightful Reflexes, Extend, & Maximize. If you mostly solo w/hirelings & summons, you might find Augment Summoning helpful while leveling, esp. early on when you don't have your undead forms yet.

Skills: max UMD & Concentration. Remaining pts can be spent however you like, though trap skills are probably a bridge too far.

Code:

Level 20 True Neutral Dwarf Female
    (6 Fighter \ 2 Rogue \ 12 Wizard) 
    Hit Points: 312
    Spell Points: 763 
    BAB: 13\13\18\23
    Fortitude: 13
    Reflex: 12
    Will: 9

Abilities        Base Stats          Modified Stats
    (28 Point)       (Level 1)             (Level 20)
    Strength             18                    25
    Dexterity             8                     8
    Constitution         16                    18
    Intelligence         14                    16
    Wisdom                8                     8
    Charisma              6                     6

Level 1 (Rogue)

Level 2 (Fighter)
    Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Two Handed Fighting

Level 3 (Wizard)
    Feat: (Wizard Bonus) Extend Spell