Arrow Surviving Heat Death (How-To)

It's easy. I've done it every time I fail the save.

Either 1) Get a good fortitude save..
    Or 2) Lots of HP, Firestorm Greaves + Tier 3 Fire Absorption GS item. (78% absorption)

2000*.78=1560

2000-1560=440

So if you have over 440 HP you live.

Arcanes can throw Fire Shield (Cold) to make the damage 1000, then the 78% absorption can kick in.

Quit whining, it's just Turbine's way of making Slayer Arrows + Ioun Stones something easier to handle.

Community Member The_OathKeeper's Avatar

Or u can just be a pale master... Immune

Quote Originally Posted by The_OathKeeper View Post
    Or u can just be a pale master... Immune
    Really? I wonder why...

...he's...

...back...?
    Have you ever wanted to create your own customized user interface skins for DDO?
    Click this sentence for a tutorial learning how, an easy-to-follow video guide.

Quote Originally Posted by Dispel View Post
    It's easy. I've done it every time I fail the save.

Either 1) Get a good fortitude save..
    Or 2) Lots of HP, Firestorm Greaves + Tier 3 Fire Absorption GS item. (78% absorption)

2000*.78=1560

2000-1560=440

So if you have over 440 HP you live.

Arcanes can throw Fire Shield (Cold) to make the damage 1000, then the 78% absorption can kick in.

Quit whining, it's just Turbine's way of making Slayer Arrows + Ioun Stones something easier to handle.
    Now show us how to survive Eladars Eletric Surge double stacked with Caltomines Sash Non Healing.
    D E S T R U C T I O N

Sarlona

Default Reminder

Hear ye, hear ye ... again. It has been stated more than once now that it's not okay to disrupt threads in the PvP sub-forum with off-topic "just don't PvP" posts. If you feel that PvP is "a waste of time," you are certainly entitled to your opinion. But this forum is here to allow people who don't share this opinion to discuss PvP - hence the title. Please respect them as well as the Forum Guidelines.

Hmm, so my question becomes then, can you break down the buffs and equipment you use to make yourself as resistant *As possible* against the new savant lines? The Dots seem to be the most dangerous to me, given that Heat Death is a pretty nasty One Shot for those not ready for it.

I suppose you could do the same and make an electricity absorb item, and wear ring of the djinni....to cut down on the air savants...

I suppose that might warrant a whole new thread, perhaps about making ones self as "Savant proof" as possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by gamblerjoe View Post
    if u put 1000 smurves in front of 1000 computers, eventually one of them will make a pally that isnt a complete abomination.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonofsteel2 View Post
    Why should I care about what none friends think? It really not like anythink they do are say in this game really affects me.

I don't think your math is correct in regards to the absorption items and how they stack. they are multiplicative, not additive. no basically, you are not reducing the damage by 78% total, it is closer to 58% (let me check)

.9 * .85 * .8 * .67 = .41004

59%, not too bad for a guess :P
    Proud member of Renowned, Thelanis server.

Quote Originally Posted by toughguyjoe View Post
    Hmm, so my question becomes then, can you break down the buffs and equipment you use to make yourself as resistant *As possible* against the new savant lines? The Dots seem to be the most dangerous to me, given that Heat Death is a pretty nasty One Shot for those not ready for it.

I suppose you could do the same and make an electricity absorb item, and wear ring of the djinni....to cut down on the air savants...

I suppose that might warrant a whole new thread, perhaps about making ones self as "Savant proof" as possible.
    i've done alot of 1 v 1 against casters with my cleric testing out damage and items to migitate incoming damage...my cleric uses 45% absorption items as well as fire shield clickies (hot and cold), firestorm greaves and ring of the djinn.

while he can survive most 1-shot attacks, electric savants can still 1 shot him - even with the 45% absorption greensteel and ring of the djinn, i am still getting hit upwards of 700+ damage.

I think the problem with that one is both fire/ice have the advantage of fire shields, while there is no fire shield for electric damage - making it the most dangerous.

I've found the best way to deal with it is simply wear spell absorption items (cloak, ioun stone) and kill the caster before he drains them

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by protokon View Post
    i've done alot of 1 v 1 against casters with my cleric testing out damage and items to migitate incoming damage...my cleric uses 45% absorption items as well as fire shield clickies (hot and cold), firestorm greaves and ring of the djinn.

while he can survive most 1-shot attacks, electric savants can still 1 shot him - even with the 45% absorption greensteel and ring of the djinn, i am still getting hit upwards of 700+ damage.

I think the problem with that one is both fire/ice have the advantage of fire shields, while there is no fire shield for electric damage - making it the most dangerous.

I've found the best way to deal with it is simply wear spell absorption items (cloak, ioun stone) and kill the caster before he drains them
    The cloak is not too reliable against savvy air savants, since they can wind dance around like a grasshopper on crack and drain the cloak pretty quickly. The (put Spell absorbation color here) Ioun stone is, as always, the best anti caster item to grace DDO. Its also one of the rarest items in the game to drop.

Quote Originally Posted by IWZincedge View Post
    Hear ye, hear ye ... again. It has been stated more than once now that it's not okay to disrupt threads in the PvP sub-forum with off-topic "just don't PvP" posts. If you feel that PvP is "a waste of time," you are certainly entitled to your opinion. But this forum is here to allow people who don't share this opinion to discuss PvP - hence the title. Please respect them as well as the Forum Guidelines.
    You posted this for the lulz, didn't you.
    Arrael - Tempest/Kensai; Alyesia - Exploiter Build; Porksoda - WF FvS; Kaealla - Paladin; Arodeth - Envoker FvS

Well, I have a Ring of the Djinn myself and I usually don't give people time to stack DoT spells on me. (Calitome's? I use Eardweller.)

Protip for you is to use Break Enchantment on yourself, it works. Greater Dispel Magic on yourself works better, but removes your own buffs. Also, don't forget Green Steel absorption items.

Quote Originally Posted by Thesoulgazer View Post
    The cloak is not too reliable against savvy air savants, since they can wind dance around like a grasshopper on crack and drain the cloak pretty quickly. The (put Spell absorbation color here) Ioun stone is, as always, the best anti caster item to grace DDO. Its also one of the rarest items in the game to drop.
    well if they choose to wind dance around like a grasshopper on crack, there wasting time they could be spamming spells to be running away...seems to be a good way to allow you opportunities to attack back .

ioun stones are trivial for casters to break through. The only reason I even wear one is to keep from being power word stunned, since I can survive anything attack they throw at me (cept for some of those electric attacks, ouch...)

as far as divines versus casters, most divine spells are auto-target, you just have to make sure you are facing the guy and he doesnt disappear around a corner while your casting it...both not very hard to do.

I suppose that would suck to chase one of them down on a melee, but hey, why are you even trying to go toe to toe with a caster? that sounds pretty frustrating right there...

Community Member

He's back, and he's actually right this time around. Welcome back, Dispel!

Well, I have a Ring of the Djinn myself and I usually don't give people time to stack DoT spells on me. (Calitome's? I use Eardweller.)

Protip for you is to use Break Enchantment on yourself, it works. Greater Dispel Magic on yourself works better, but removes your own buffs. Also, don't forget Green Steel absorption items.
    when I tested it, I had to roll like a 17 or higher with break enchantment to remove DP, I imagine it would be the same for other DOT's.

not very reliable IMHO.

Community Member hityawithastick's Avatar

Really? I wonder why...
    Living creature: "OH GOD MY BLOOD IS BOILING AUUUUGH" *dies*

Warforged: "LORD OF BLADES PRESERVE ME MY GEARS ARE MELTING AUUGH" *dies*

Pale Master: "Oh dear, my tummy seems to have gotten a bit warm. Oh well, good thing I'm dead, otherwise I might have a bit of a stomachache." /drinktea
    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Dragons cant be vorped.
    Wait! Where are you going? Come back here and die for my fleeting tactical advantage!
    Quote Originally Posted by jcTharin View Post
    Hityawithastick, the super-naked dragon-slayer.

Then you roll a 1 on chain lightning spell crit and you die even with 45% absorbtion and ring
    D E S T R U C T I O N

Sarlona

Break Enchantment is a decent spell to remove it. 1d20+CL (max 15) means you have up to 16-35. DC on a L20 casting the spell is 11+CL, for 31 removal DC. So yes, a 17 or higher is required, but at least that's a 20% chance of removal.

TBH, it's much worse when dealing with augmented caster levels. Pure Cleric has a 22 CL on Divine Punishment, more with the Might of the Abashi Set (23 with MOTA, 25 with GMOTA). Add 11 to 22, 23, or 25 and you get slim removal odds (10%, 5%, and 0% respectively- DC's of 33,34,and 36-with 35 being the best you can do on the spell)

Greater Dispel Magic... other alternative. 1d20+CL (max 20) means you have 21-40. DC on a L20 casting the spell is still 11 + CL. Assuming you have cast your spells at L20, your removal DC on your spells is 31, unless augmented. Other spells are often DC 31, or higher.

Odds against the augmented caster levels mentioned above:

CL20/22/23/25

45%/35%/30%/20%

You still have a removal chance. And keep in mind I believe that the individual spells are rolled on seperately, instead of it being one lump roll, as I've dispelled other's debuffs on Portals in Shroud, but not my own, nor the portal's. The portal's buff has the lowest DC. Of course, I can be wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLegendOfAra View Post
    Welcome to Argo, where our end game players are constantly striving for new and exciting ways to make themselves more gimp, and continually working towards progressively more pointless goals.
    BYOH. Know it, abide by it, or don't mess with those who do.

now you just gotta work out how to not get frozen.

Quote Originally Posted by Majere_Aumar View Post
    now you just gotta work out how to not get frozen.
    Does fom help? It does against earth grab. I don't do pvp so I'm very much clueless.

:: [ Air Savant - Level 160 ] ::