Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Favor Running 101 - "how-to" unlock the game

-INTRODUCTION, The Pro's and Con's-

Hi Welcome If you are VIP or paid more than $8 on this game YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG!

(Just kidding of course)

It is quite fine to pay for this game and considering the efforts of the programmers,
    service team, and wonderful laid out settings why wouldn't you be willing to part with a
    few bucks a month to support the game.

However I have seen a lot of new players come in recently and a lot are not as
    "financially equipped" as others. DDO the game is ftp (FREE-TO-PLAY) - why not treat it
    like a ftp game, unless you have more $$ than time/patience.

Going VIP is like RENTING vs BUYING - Renting is cheaper short term but more expensive
    in long run, also one missed payment (sometimes not your error) and you lose everything.
    Buying means you OWN it (until turbine pulls the plug that is)

So lets get Started with what VIP "RENTS" you (and its unlock cost):

*Elite quest opening, +500 Turbine points per month (roughly 1/2 cost of Subscription),
    early new pack access, login priority, beta priority, customer service <-- the only TRUE value of VIP

Assuming you pay full price to unlock:
    Races: Half-Blood, Warforged (2790TP)
    Class: Monk (995TP)
    10 Character slots (3570TP)
    All Adventure/Raid packs (13945TP)
    Shared per-world account bank (1495TP)
    Ability to form guilds (150TP per guild)
    TotalValue for Subscription: 22795TP <-- This is equivalent to US$230 worth of points

Conclusion:

If you intend to play for around 2+ YEARS! it is cheaper to pay for points than go

VIP, ANY time under that mark and you would have been better off subscribing

But Wait!!!

Turbine puts out specials on its point-buy items quite frequently, sometimes even on their points themselves -
    over 2 years you can expect EVERYTHING to have come out on 20%-50% special, if you timed everything right
    you can unlock for around US$100 (less than a years sub).. so maybe its worth considering the premium/ftp options.
    Last edited by Stillwaters; 05-20-2011 at 04:55 AM.

PREMIUM - VIP in all but status

Firstly - I STRONGLY recommend a one-time purchase of the smallest point bundle available
    for US$8 or subscribing for just the 1st month US$16. 3 reasons for this;

1) DONT be cheap - Turbine has put a wonderful product in our hands so sling em some
    money for their time and efforts!

2) Buying ANYTHING from Turbine will grant you Premium status - This is important, as
    without Premium status, you will have restricted access to very important functions in
    the game: AKA the "Auction House", Chat/Mail options, 2 less base character slots per
    world, only 10 min before AFK logout (Also known as Very short Bio's).

3) I base my guide according to being a Premium account - YMMV if you decide to not ever
    pay.

Now I'm going for broke, so here's a breakdown of what I feel each Premium account SHOULD have:

995 TP : Veteran status
    1495 TP : Shared Bank (not upgraded)
    7670 TP : All Classes/Races/32point characters (use halfblood champion bundle)<- Updated to u11
    13945 TP : All Adventure/Raid Packs (use Necropolis bundle) <-- valid to U9 (havent been prem for a while so dont know the figures on u10/11 quests)
    3570 TP : 10 Character slots (6 extra)
    TOTAL : 27 675TP <-- This is equiv to US$270

-600 TP : $8 Premium account/$16 1 month Sub

Leaves 27 080TP remaining and that IS a lot of TP

But if you have patience nearly EVERYTHING comes on sale 20-50% off (even points should you choose to pay to unlock)

Edit: found some helpful links to help you decide which packs to unlock -

DDO WIKKI ADVENTURE PACKS

and these that haven't been updated in quite a while (u5 i think):
    Low level premium packs
    Mid level premium packs
    High level premium packs
    Last edited by Stillwaters; 09-24-2011 at 08:01 AM.

FAVOR RUNNING - not for the faint hearted (600 - 1023 runs):

Favor running (sometimes known as Turbine grinding) is based on 2 premises:

1) Every 100 favor earns 25 turbine points

2) The First time you reach 100 favor on each new world you receive 125TP

Running favor usually means you build a toon, get to 100 favor in the shortest time possible, then delete/reroll the toon.
    If you have a "speed-runner" (discussed below) and an elite opener in party each run should take
    no more than 1/2 to 3/4 hour solo, back to back runs normally average 45 mins including rerolling time. for 25 Turbines

The quicker missions are to run the faster your account holdings increase. For this reason I choose 13 missions
    that can be ran quickly and easily, and are usually easy to find someone to run with you.

FAVOR 101 - Storehouse secret, Cannith crystal, Heytons rest, Collaberator, Stopping the sahuagin,
    Redemption, Necros doom, Sacrifices, then to harbor for Info is key, Bringing the light, Haverdasher,
    Durk's secret, and finally Millers debt (solo).

After some practice with a speed runner - the average quest duration is 2 mins or less!

Advanced favor running methods involve using a guild/several friends and sling-shotting (see below)
    or solo running using an opener (dual account)

VIRGIN ACCOUNTS - PUG RUNNING

If you took my advice you should already have a nifty 500-600 point stock on your account but don't
    spend them yet, after doing all the severs you should have 875 points + your startup seed.

First thing you should do is create a runner on EVERY server. A lvl 1 toon, ungeared and unfunded has almost
    no chance to complete these quests straight away on elite, but you CAN contribute. Chances are, you can find
    a group running the Korthos missions on elite. If you chose to subscribe for the first month, you can use your
    elite opening powers to snag a powerful group. Even Tr's do korthos occasionally, and most of us want the favor
    but have ran the quests 100s of times -so only want to do them once on elite.

If not you can always grind away on normal hard and elite. If some quests are too hard on elite (Haverdasher)
    just do it as hard as you can manage - then do a few more of the solo missions.

As soon as you reach 100+ favor, exit and switch worlds and do it again. Within a couple of hours you should
    have done the 4 runs needed to get you up to your 1st 1000 turbines. BUY VETERAN NOW!

Why? you ask - I have all these neat packs I want to run!
    The answer is simple - a lvl 4 speed runner toon equipped with starter gear alone can solo ANY of these low
    level quests, and more! Saves a ton of time when making new toons
    (even a lot of "power toons" on the forums don't start working well till a fair way past lvl 3)

You should still have 3 virgin worlds at this point so go to those servers as a vet with a speed-runner build
    and snatch those last 375 points, it should take you 1/2 the time as long as you find an elite opener that
    doesn't mind you speed-running.. And you can now upgrade to advanced running tactics.

Congratulations - you now have 375 favor to put towards your next upgrade, and have earned 1475 TP,
    also built an elite opener on 7 worlds, and made any new characters have strong starting gear and lvl 4!
    All this within your first day.

VIP/DUAL ACCOUNT - SOLO RUNNING

I have found this is generally the most reliable and fastest way to gain the 25 TP - the favor marker I call : Favor 101.
    Still VIP? Create a Veteran character (you unlocked that already right), run the quests,
    (grab a pug if you feel like it) delete toon, rinse/repeat.

Dual account running requires a second pc with a single toon "OPENER" you party with your runner
    - once they have all the quests done on elite the OPENER is ready, get them to grab all the quests
    and share em in group - because THEY have em unlocked on elite, they can sit in the market place
    while your RUNNER opens the quests, because they never join in the actual quest they still have
    those shares ready to spam you on your next run.

The only thing faster at favor running at this point requires a team.

SLING-SHOTTING - TEAM PLAY
    OK, now you are in the major leagues of favor running - you can do the quests with your eyes shut,
    and made a few friends along the way, possibly started your own favor guild with a few consistant members.

This requires a fair bit of advance planning.
    Up to 5 runners of ANY lvl or description, an elite opener for all quests you choose to make up 100 favor,
    and as many sling-shotters as you have quests to run.
    Pick quests that are near a common area - wilderness quests or having to run a mile between are out
    - or it just slows you down.

Sling-shotters job (gruntwork)
    ALMOST complete the quest - right to the point it will take literally seconds to finish -
    (if the slingshotter hasnt done the quest before see how to use an elite OPENER as in Dual-account runs)

Running team - up to 5 members start their toons, run to the 1st sling-shotters quest join him to their party
    and enter his quest, sling-shotter finishes quest, runners turn about and go thru entryway of quest and zoom
    to next quest entrance, drop 1st sling-shotter and join the new sling-shotter's group,
    while 1st sling-shotter restarts quest.

For the runners this means they can get 25 turbine points in a very short time (<5-10 mins including rerolling).
    For the sling-shotters I like to pick quests that have easy to time finishes like smugglers warehouse etc
    preferably ones with some chests in them (lowbie quests drop Ioun stones).

If the slingshotters rotate which quests they run once on ransack, they can grind a lot of chests for rare drops/essences (or renown for their guild)
    Last edited by Stillwaters; 05-26-2011 at 06:12 PM.

Community Member

995 TP : Veteran status _if you play on only 1 server (I guess most players do ) it s not necesery,you can unlock it
    -32point characters ,same
    3570 TP : 10 Character slots (6 extra) -I ve played for over a year wit only 1 toon ,it depends on your playstile

...but yea if you buy 7 k TP for 50$ you should get most out of the game
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanshilar View Post
    Sure if you do all that you may end up with a 5% or 10% DPS increase over someone else who has "only" spent a couple of hundred hours getting "good enough" gear, but whether or not the large amount of time spent grinding for a marginal increase in DPS is worthwhile is questionable.

Quote Originally Posted by gara-xxx View Post
    995 TP : Veteran status _if you play on only 1 server (I guess most players do ) it s not necesery,you can unlock it
    -32point characters ,same
    3570 TP : 10 Character slots (6 extra) -I ve played for over a year wit only 1 toon ,it depends on your playstile

...but yea if you buy 7 k TP for 50$ you should get most out of the game
    I agree, you can also skip on cheaper favor unlocks like Drow - but I also have alt-itis, and need mules/bankers - and play on many servers.

Edit: I also like the idea of being on even-or-better terms than VIP. If you are going to invest in a game (Especially if you favor-unlock) you might as well go in boots-and-all
    Last edited by Stillwaters; 09-14-2011 at 09:05 PM.

For 100 US dollars I bought the game.
    I dont have Warforged or Favored Soul, a loss that I can easily live with.

Original link. http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=316842

*early new pack access, login priority, beta priority, customer service <-- the only TRUE value of VIP
    Ha! not enough packs being released to worry about that.
    I login super fast as it is.
    Beta Priority means what? I can bug test for them?
    Customer Service. I get that already.

I would love to be able to open anything on Elite, but I think Turbine knows better than to sell that as a permanent unlock.

Consider this situation:
    Maxed out credit card and no money for your sub. Oh noes! Your account has now been dwindled down to almost nothing. You only get to keep what you have unlocked and anything you bought when not a VIP.

Downside to not being VIP.
    From what I have heard, before DDO went F2P, there where hardly any updates, and since the change they have pumped a lot of new content into the game. I only started playing after Update 7, so I dont know what I have missed.
    If Turbine keeps adding new packs, I shell out or miss out - but at the rate that new adventure packs are being released I am earning more TPs through favour than I am spending. So I guess it is up to Turbine to makes a hell of a lot more content and make me open my wallet. I will be happy to
    Last edited by whitehawk74; 05-20-2011 at 05:55 AM.
    My demands are simple. Ducks, penguins and tortoises as pets. I'll buy hats and bow-ties for them all.

Quote Originally Posted by whitehawk74 View Post
    For 100 US dollars I bought the game.
    I dont have Warforged or Favored Soul, a loss that I can easily live with.

Original link. http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=316842

Ha! not enough packs being released to worry about that.
    I login super fast as it is.
    Beta Priority means what? I can bug test for them?
    Customer Service. I get that already.
    Well - this was kind of a way for ppl without $$ to unlock - personally i did the same paid $$ for everything to be unlocked - i still went VIP once we got to open elite quests.

I still grind favor tho - speed running Korthos and Harbor with a Vet build is a superhuman feeling you cannot match in most other content, side benefit is i always have enough points to buy +2 supreme tomes for all my builds

But my missus is Premium and unlocked 90% of the content thru favor grinds, now she grinds for gargantuan bags since turbine has put so many ingredients in the game and she likes her handbag organised.

Community Member

As others said, stuff that you can unlock by favor is usually not really required to buy (though it can help, like vet status and 32pt characters)

Also when you dig into the forum archives deeply enough, there was once a thread with a shorter list of quests to reach 100+ favor (too lazy to search for it now ).

The list goes:
    Storehouse secret
    Cannith crystal
    Heytons rest,
    Collaberator

so far identical, but then jump into harbor and

Info is key
    Bringing the light
    Durk's secret
    Garrisons missing pack
    Kobolds new Ringleader

then if you have someone who can do invisible and haste Stealthy Reposession
    -or- at marketplace
    Missing in Action
    and last but not least sunken sewer.

Of all these only missing in action can be a pain, but as usual many ppl have a better equipped char for elite opening in group it is not too big of a problem (and with experience lvl 4 chars can do it still easily enough).

35 minutes is for both list a very good time, usually its more in the 40-50 minute range (there is always someone lagging behind, need a bio or smoke whatever)

Doing these until you are able to run them blind also teaches you the important tactics of zerging which can come in handy at later levels when you happen to stumble into such a group

Be careful though, the burnout rate doing this is usually quite high!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stillwaters View Post
    But my missus is Premium and unlocked 90% of the content thru favor grinds, now she grinds for gargantuan bags since turbine has put so many ingredients in the game and she likes her handbag organised.
    Oh my, did you ever mention to her that every life she could grab a large ingred bag for 100 twelve favor from the vale pack? (unbound, non exclusive)

Also for 150 planar shards from subterrane (also vale pack, a few also tend to drop in ritual sacrifice at portal sometimes) you can choose from a selection of collectible, ingredient or gem bag as well (large, unbound and nonexclusive)

Quote Originally Posted by boomeranky View Post
    Oh my, did you ever mention to her that every life she could grab a large ingred bag for 100 twelve favor from the vale pack? (unbound, non exclusive)

Also for 150 planar shards from subterrane (also vale pack, a few also tend to drop in ritual sacrifice at portal sometimes) you can choose from a selection of collectible, ingredient or gem bag as well (large, unbound and nonexclusive)
    Told her that - but her thinking is it is just one grind over another - and turbine sells the biggest handbags available... /sigh

As for that quest series you posted above - my 13 missions are all solo friendly and go off under 2 min did a 1 min pug run of durks just yesterday.. also the korthos quest series even with hiccups/lag/pugs casting grease - you CAN NOT DIE (aside from the ice jet in stopping sahuagin) only other difficult one i posted was bringing the light - if you dont catch that guy on the north track before he opens the dogs OCCASIONALLY you might have trouble.
    Last edited by Stillwaters; 05-21-2011 at 12:46 AM.
    -Stealth RULEZ- A compilation -Favor 101- "How-to" unlock the game -Boycott the changes- combat changes stink
    You say you want your $$ back, i d g a f about the $$. I want my GAME back..

Community Member

Told her that - but her thinking is it is just one grind over another - and turbine sells the biggest handbags available... /sigh

As for that quest series you posted above - my 13 missions are all solo friendly and go off under 2 min did a 1 min pug run of durks just yesterday.. also the korthos quest series even with hiccups/lag/pugs casting grease - you CAN NOT DIE (aside from the ice jet in stopping sahuagin) only other difficult one i posted was bringing the light - if you dont catch that guy on the north track before he opens the dogs OCCASIONALLY you might have trouble.
    women (though you might add that the store bags are bound - the others are not, and 100 twelve favor is really not a grind, you also have another shroud ready char in the end ... more ingredients == Profit!)

Your argument about difficulty is not without merit, but it is also quite dependent on the people. I saw many stupid deaths over my whole time in ddo in these quests

And the only really difficult one in my list is missing in action - and you can replace it with stealthy repo when you got enough invis and haste (pots would do, but of course would cost plat).
    All of these are done in 1-3 minutes as well (only red alert being the thing that can slow your pace in garrisons and durks).

Default Spoiler Alert

FAVOR 101 - reliable and fast turbine grinding

Ok here's the speed run listed in reverse for solo VIP/Dual Accounts (guild officer status is helpful), this is designed to have you sprinting into the first quest STRAIGHT OFF THE BOAT!

(if you need to stop for gear you should look at a different build)

If you don't have a guild ship available I suggest sprint/anger's step/sprint to millers debt first
    then run durk's secret so you have all anger's step clicky's for Durk's Secret(this adds about 1min to total time).

STEP BY STEP
    Create toon, LVL up and get vet gear, set up hot-bars (whole process should take under 4min with repetition), Jump to spire and GET WEAPON (I have forgotten before, it wasn't fun).
    Create guild (join party/guild and share all quests if Dual), jump off (we took tumble) to ship portal, Use ship to port to harbor, sprint boost to:

Durk's secret (2min): Sprint/anger's step/sprint split left 1st, kill only shaman (lightning bolts double proc be a killer now)and brother, jump over mobs,
    sprint/angers step/sprint thru trap to other brother and kill him (has shrine if you pop), jump in bunker (we took jump) recall and jog to:

Millers debt (0min): Sprint/anger's step go right path, leap trap, kill 2 pups, talk to miller, kill dog, pull lever, pop small chest recall, sprint to:

Haverdasher (1min): Anger's step talk to guard and open lever, haste boosts/rages/uncanny dodges/stunning blows/sunders and tear the shells off them scorpions,
    run out door, sprint/anger's step off cliff to bounce off landings and up stairs to tavern collect BtL and IiK, sprint to:

Bringing the Light (1min): Kill 2 guards, sprint/anger's step go right side, pop tables and pull lever, sprint to left side (kill dog) pop table and pull lever,
    back to center and sprint to trip/stunning blow the guard releasing dogs pop last 2 tables and run back to start door, jog to:

Info is Key (3min): Kill dog, sprint/anger's step/sprint hit levers and just keep running, kill 2 pups turn valve, same again for 2nd set of dogs/valve,
    swim to and climb ladder turn valve, swim/jump right turn valve swim/jump back to ladder, kill 3 guards grab goods exit thru door,
    sprint/angers step to port to Korthos, grab CC and into:

Cannith Crystal (3min): Take a breather from running , pop anger's step and use haste boost/trip/stun to drop attackers (we took spot),
    run out door, jog to collect S and go to:

Storehouse (1min): Sprint/anger's step run up either path and smash crates till you find key, stun/trip kill boss, and sprint to locked door,
    finish puzzle (you will perfect this lol) and run out door, jog to pick up HR, jog into:

Heytons Rest (2min): Sprint/anger's step/sprint (x2) just stun/kill sahuagin and break altars, the mobs cannot catch you!
    jump mobs/sprint to safe area and recall.

Collaberator (3min): Aid click/haste boost/stun/trip waves of enemies, go thru cellar door, sprint/anger's step, pull lever
    remember to trip/stun mobs as you pass thru levers, haste boost/sunder Jakoby to death (may as well kill all) recall, jog to collect 3 S and ND and R,
    go out to isle, jog to collect SS, jump off cliff and into:

Stopping Sahuagin (3min): Sprint/anger's step (try to stun sentry) keep going to 1st lever pull it and go down the right path to avoid poison chance,
    open door, sprint to kill adept and guards, turn valve, jog to opposite side and kill mephit and turn valve, CLOSE BIG DOORS, hit gong, open side door, hit gong, jump down,
    turn valve, sprint/anger's step to other valve and turn it, then swim through underwater passageway, stun/trip adept and kill guards,
    sprint and jump over ice jets and kill ice spider, finish puzzle and recall, sprint/anger's step to:

Redemption (3min): Sprint/anger's step/sprint, just run through poison jets path, open doors and get to shrine room, turn valve,
    jump over dogs and into ice jet room (dogs wont follow), turn valves, smash crystals to switch off dogs, sprint to heyton, aid click/haste boost/stun/trip/sunder through waves,
    TALK TO HEYTON, hit recall as soon as he starts final speech, sprint/anger's step bolt to the ice river chasm, slide down chasm wall and run to:

Necros Doom (2min): Open 3 levers, KILL BATS, sprint/anger's step to one side (leave ice-trapped zombies) kill boss, pull lever,
    sprint back to other side, Aid clicky, kill boss, pull lever, jog to center, haste/sunder zombie Jakoby, open cell release captive, recall sprint/anger's step to:

Sacrifices (2min): Sprint/angers/sprint to end of quest breaking webs/barricades and opening a door. stun/trip kill sahuagin guarding doors,
    release Arissa, kill boss (if Arrissa isn't there sprint to top and open those cells), grab rope and log-out, Delete toon.

TOTAL: 26 registered min in 13 quests: You can trim 4+ minutes out of this with a second speed build in party as several missions split pathways
    (Info is Key, Durk's Secret, Necro's Doom, Heytons Rest, Stopping Sahuagin and occasionally Sacrifices are quicker this way)
    In reality this whole run averages out to 35 minutes (30 in dbl team) for 25 turbines
    Last edited by Stillwaters; 05-21-2011 at 12:37 AM.
    -Stealth RULEZ- A compilation -Favor 101- "How-to" unlock the game -Boycott the changes- combat changes stink

Default Speed Runners

As promised, here's some professional (32point VET HOrc 1barb/2ftr/1versatile) speed running builds I like to run.
    ALL will have max speed for lvl 4 through barbarian speed, anger's step boots, sprint boost - I can't stand running slow.
    Also haste boost and rage for big fights.

Pure Brutality 2Barb/2Ftr: Ultimate solo build, durable, mobile, fast, and hits like a TRUCK!

Code:
    Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 3.8.2
    DDO Character Planner Home Page

Pure Brutality
    Level 4 True Neutral Half-Orc Male
    (2 Fighter \ 2 Barbarian) 
    Hit Points: 103 Rugged Belt
    Spell Points: 0 
    BAB: 4\4 
    Attack: +10 2d6+20 Power attack, Insight goggles, Angers set,
    +1 Starter Greatsword 
    AC: 20 Starter Chain Shirt, Engraved Ring  +4 Uncanny dodge 
    DR: 2 Protectors Gloves, Barb
    Fortitude: 10 Moss Weave Cloak
    Reflex: 5 Angers Gift  +4 Uncanny dodge 
    Will: 0 Angers Gift

Starting          Feat/Enhancement
    Abilities        Base Stats          Modified Stats
    (32 Point)       (Level 1)             (Level 4)
    Strength             18                    22 (Angers gift)
    Dexterity            18                    18
    Constitution         14                    15 (Moss weave cloak)
    Intelligence          6                     6
    Wisdom                8                     8
    Charisma              6                     6

Feat/Enhancement
                      Modified Skills
    Skills             (Level 4)
    Balance                  3
    Bluff                   -2
    Concentration            2
    Diplomacy               -2
    Disable Device          n/a
    Haggle                  -2
    Heal                    -1
    Hide                     3
    Intimidate               1 Protectors gloves
    Jump                     15 Angers boots 
    Listen                  -1
    Move Silently            3
    Open Lock                n/a
    Perform                 n/a
    Repair                  -2
    Search                  -2
    Spot                     1
    Swim                     4
    Tumble                   4
    Use Magic Device        n/a

Notable Equipment Goggles of Insight, +1 Starter Chain Shirt, Engraved Ring, 
    Anger's Step, Protector's Gloves, Rugged Belt, Anger's Gift,
    +1 Starter Greatsword, Moss Weave Cloak

Level 1 (Barbarian)
    Skill: Jump (+2)
    Skill: Spot (+2)
    Skill: Tumble (+1)
    Feat: (Selected) Stunning Blow
    Feat: (Automatic) Fast Movement
    Feat: (Automatic) Rage
    Feat: (Automatic) Sunder
    Feat: (Automatic) Trip

Level 2 (Fighter)
    Skill: Jump (+1)
    Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Power Attack

Level 3 (Fighter)
    Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Two Handed Fighting
    Feat: (Selected) Toughness

Level 4 (Barbarian)
    Ability Raise: STR
    Feat: (Automatic) Damage Reduction
    Feat: (Automatic) Uncanny Dodge
    Enhancement: Fighter Haste Boost I
    Enhancement: Barbarian Sprint Boost I
    Enhancement: Fighter Strategy (Stunning Blow) I
    Enhancement: Orcish Fury I
    Enhancement: Orcish Melee Damage I
    Enhancement: Orcish Strength I
    Enhancement: Racial Toughness I
    Enhancement: Fighter Strength I
    Enhancement: Barbarian Toughness I
    Lightning Rockstar Barb1/Ftr2/Brd1: Here is another one that is great in team play. It trades uncanny dodge, 5 hp/1dr and -1 damage +1 to-hit per swing .
    And adds inspire courage and sustainable better saves, which is useful against grease dogs and casters,
    and gets better the bigger the pug. Who doesn't like music while they work

Code:
    Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 3.8.2

Lightning Rockstar
    (2 Fighter \ 1 Barbarian \ 1 Bard) 
    Hit Points: 97  Rugged belt 
    Spell Points: 50  But you cannot cast 
    BAB: 3\3
    Attack: +11 2d6+19 Power attack, Insight goggles, Angers Set,
    Starter Greatsword, Inspire courage
    AC: 20 Starter Chain Shirt, Engraved Ring
    DR: 1 Protectors Gloves
    Fortitude: 9 Moss Weave Cloak
    Reflex: 7 Angers Gift
    Will: 2 Angers Gift

Strength             18                    22(Angers step)
    Constitution         14                    15(Moss weave cloak)

Feat/Enhancement
                      Modified Skills
    Skills             (Level 4)
    Balance                  4
    Bluff                   -2
    Concentration            2
    Diplomacy               -2
    Disable Device          n/a
    Haggle                  -2
    Heal                    -1
    Hide                     3
    Intimidate               1 Protectors gloves
    Jump                     13 Angers boots
    Listen                  -1
    Move Silently            3
    Open Lock                n/a
    Perform                  1
    Repair                  -2
    Search                  -2
    Spot                     1
    Swim                     5
    Tumble                   4
    Use Magic Device        n/a

Level 1 (Barbarian)
    Skill: Spot (+2)
    Skill: Tumble (+1)

Level 2 (Fighter)

Level 3 (Fighter)

Level 4 (Bard)
    Skill: Perform (+3)
    Feat: (Automatic) Inspire Courage
    Enhancement: Fighter Haste Boost I
    Enhancement: Fighter Toughness I
    Lightning Thief Rog1/Ftr2/Barb1: This one I designed more for getting every chest while waitin' in a pug-- favor running this way takes 2-5 mins more but you get 3 more chests (necro's doom, sacrifices, durk's secret). Which may be important to you for Renown/essence/ioun farming (plus impresses new players). Stun + sneak damage = GOLD, higher balance jump and swim for grease dogs and swim areas, almost as good on saves as bard variant for casters.

Code:
    Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 3.9.1

Lightning Thief (tm)
    (2 Fighter \ 1 Barbarian \ 1 Rogue) 
    Hit Points: 97  Rugged belt 
    Spell Points: 0 
    Attack: +10 2d6+18 (+1d6) Power attack, Insight goggles, Angers Set,
    Starter Greatsword, Sneak Attack
    AC: 20 Starter Chain Shirt, Engraved Ring
    DR: 1 Protectors Gloves
    Fortitude: 9 Moss Weave Cloak
    Reflex: 7 Angers Gift
    Will: 0 Angers Gift

Strength             18                    22(Angers step)
    Constitution         14                    15(Moss weave cloak)

Feat/Enhancement
                     Modified Skills
    Skills           (Level 4)
    Balance               8
    Bluff                -2
    Concentration         2
    Diplomacy            -2
    Disable Device      n/a
    Haggle               -2
    Heal                 -1
    Hide                  3
    Intimidate           1 Protectors gloves
    Jump                  16 Angers boots
    Listen              7-1
    Move Silently         3
    Open Lock             8
    Perform              n/a
    Repair               -2
    Search               -2
    Spot                  3
    Swim                  10
    Tumble                7
    Use Magic Device     n/a

Level 1 (Rogue)
    Skill: Balance (+4)
    Skill: Jump (+4)
    Skill: Open Lock (+4)
    Skill: Spot (+4)
    Skill: Swim (+4)
    Skill: Tumble (+4)
    Feat: (Automatic) Sneak Attack

Level 2 (Barbarian)
    Skill: Swim (+1)

Level 3 (Fighter)

Level 4 (Fighter)
    Enhancement: Rogue Haste Boost I
    Lightning Fork Barb1/Ftr2/Arty1: This one I designed based of the Lightning Thief, but trades sneak damage for the pet. trust me 1st time it save you, you will know why. Puppy has taken my stone to shrine opened the door and let me continue only once so far but that was enough. His presence on the battlefield is tangible at this level.

Code:
    Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 3.9.1

Lightning Fork (tm)
    (2 Fighter \ 1 Barbarian \ 1 Artificer) 
    Hit Points: 97  Lesser false life belt 
    Spell Points: 140 
    Attack: +9(+10) 1d12+20 Power attack, (Insight goggles), Hellstroke Gaxe
    AC: 25 +2 Mith Full plate, Shield of faith click
    DR: 1 Gazards Helm
    Fortitude: 7 
    Reflex: 6 
    Will: 1 

Strength             17                    22(+2 Str bracers)
    Dexterity            17                    18(+1 Dex gloves)
    Constitution         14                    14
    Intelligence         11                     12(zizoos spangle)

Feat/Enhancement
                     Modified Skills
    Skills           (Level 4)
    Balance               4
    Bluff                -2
    Concentration         2
    Diplomacy            -2
    Disable Device      n/a
    Haggle               -2
    Heal                 -1
    Hide                  2
    Intimidate           -2 
    Jump                  10
    Listen               -1
    Move Silently         2
    Open Lock             5
    Perform              n/a
    Repair                1
    Search                1
    Spot                  2
    Swim                  11(Hotswap +3 Swim boots)
    Tumble                4
    Use Magic Device     n/a

Notable Equipment 
    Weapon:      Hellstroke
    Goggles:     (pickup insight along run)
    Neck:        Wazuls REF+2
    Ring1:       
    Ring2:       
    Bracers:     Str+2
    Trinket:     Zizoos INT+1
    Cloak:       Exp retreatx3 clicky
    Boots:       Shield of faithx3 clicky
    Helm:        Gazards (DR/1)
    Gloves:      Dex+1
    Belt:        use +5 hp belt
    Armor:       +2 Mith Full plate
    Module:      +1
    Docent:      +1

Level 1 (Barbarian)
    Skill: Balance (+2)
    Skill: Jump (+4)
    Skill: Swim (+4)
    Skill: Tumble (+2)

Level 2 (Fighter)

Level 3 (Fighter)

Level 4 (Artificer)
    Skill: Open Lock (+1)
    Skill: Spot (+3)
    Feat: (Automatic) Pet
    Spell: Enchant weapon
    Spell: Repair light

Enhancement: Rogue Haste Boost I

PET: "Bolt" HP:38   AC:16   Saves: 4/2/0   
    Pet Enhancement: Takedown I

YMMV
    Last edited by Stillwaters; 07-06-2012 at 06:32 AM.

Added a new build I scratched out while running with Vykrest of khyber -- Nice work on 2nd run btw you picked up 100%

I'm so glad you bothered to read the guide- Hope you liked it
    Last edited by Stillwaters; 05-24-2011 at 01:47 AM.

Community Member

Hey looks good just wanted to say great job and ask 1 question and leave 1 suggestion.

I don't currently have the Half Orc or Half Elf races so what would you suggest for races besides those?

Also I noticed you use the Starter Greatsword, why not use a Nicked Greatsword stored in the Shared
    Bank? I guess a lot of it depends on if you have Sharn Syndicate, and a Shared Bank, but if it's on a
    server you play on regularly that you are running over and over it seems like a good deal.

Community Member

Also... if you have a lot of points and want to buy lots of things all at once, don't forget there's a 5% discount if you use the code in the DDO Store Coupon Guide. This is a one-time deal, so use it wisely.

http://www.ddo.com/ddostorecouponguide

"To make this coupon guide a little more fun, we’ve created a coupon for you to use as you read along. The coupon code is DEMOCOUPON1, and it will grant you 5% off your next purchase in the DDO Store. This coupon will discount your entire shopping cart, but may only be used once."

Community Member

Unhappy

First thing very good guide.

I decided to use a mixed model. So I buy point, and then subscribe.
    First error when you changed for Premium to VIP you lost the halfblood champion bundle, can acces it since you have the race enable as VIP. So I if you are going that way get it before subscribing as the store chaged.
    So I get the vet and 32 point normal build.
    Second error I cancel may subscription to prevent renewing. Now I don't have my 500 tp and I have lost the VIP status.

Now i am testing their «customer service » to see if they will fix it fast.

Community Member

\

I still grind favor tho - speed running Korthos and Harbor with a Vet build is a superhuman feeling you cannot match in most other content, side benefit is i always have enough points to buy +2 supreme tomes for all my builds

You just made me consider grinding moar fav, and I'm VIP

This is a good guide, thanks for taking the time to write this

Though, won't do me much good, I've already dropped ~150$ over almost two years..

Quote Originally Posted by xanderhunter View Post
    Hey looks good just wanted to say great job and ask 1 question and leave 1 suggestion.

I don't currently have the Half Orc or Half Elf races so what would you suggest for races besides those?

Also I noticed you use the Starter Greatsword, why not use a Nicked Greatsword stored in the Shared
    Bank? I guess a lot of it depends on if you have Sharn Syndicate, and a Shared Bank, but if it's on a
    server you play on regularly that you are running over and over it seems like a good deal.

Speed is pretty important here, if i understood correctly, so maybe a 15 second run from the place you start at after you make a vet toon/finish building + in and out of the bank taking ~10 seconds *2, and then returning to the bank once more for another ten. This increases overall time from 5-10 minutes as stated in his guide to 6-11, might not seem like much but if you do this enough that can add up..
    Last edited by Losercrew; 06-15-2011 at 08:37 AM.
    Server Argo:
    Main:Horkas L20 Cleric.
    Currently playing:
    Asvaldr L13 Halfling Rogue , Past life: Monk & Gimpity, L16 WF Ice Savant

Ok its been a while since i reviewed this thread, in fact i have been away from game a while due to RL issues and only really playing once a week on my static toons.

To answer a few questions like - is it worth heading to the bank to get my shared xxx weapon? or, if i dont have 32 point yet will the build work?

Outfitting your runner - if you are running from lvl 1 (non-vet) or making multiple runs (no elite opener) it is WELL WORTH the extra few mins outfitting your toon - every time you drop (even if you revive) it costs valuable time and the more you can avoid this the better.

As for 28 vs 32 point build: most of the runner builds i posted will work almost as well by sacrificing a bit of DEX. DO NOT sacrifice your CON or STR as these are your way to plow through the mobs. That goes in line with what you will learn (or already know) "CON is NOT a dumpstat" and "melee DPS comes from STR" more to point - STR is what tactical options like Trip, Sunder, and STUN are based on.

As for RACE: Previous to Half-orcs the best races were (and still are) Warforged, Dwarf, and Human/Helf. Any race that doesnt take a hit to CON or STR is your friend though and YMMV.

Happy Running!
    Last edited by Stillwaters; 09-14-2011 at 08:58 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast