Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Post-U9 lag

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Auran82 View Post
    Something is horribly broken and until SWTOR comes out, been keeping an eye on Steam sales, got Borderlands cheap and have been checking that out

Personally the thing that gets me the most is trying to play a caster and getting constant, 'You must face <enemy>' messages or having spells just not land. As well as having sudden patches of there being a 2 second or so delay between when I do something and when it happens (and I ask in guild when I get these and it's not just me)

No question this is very common now......

Of course Turbine is completely silent on it....

It's currently the poorest business decision they're making right now... The game is running like dog poo and they let it go.... It's so much more enjoyable when it's running reasonably well.

I'm betting that it chases far more peoply away than is readily apparent.... The over all "Feel" of the game is HORRIBLE....

And yet... Silence....

At this point the only vote I would give DDO on any polls is "Toilet worthy" It's sad that the Devs who do work hard are being pulled down by a certain set of people.....

Default Lag

Solo quest runs all times of day between 9am - 9pm pacific standard time on Argon ...

Equipment switch lag / spell casting and waiting for them to land lag / jump lag where you stop mid air then land somewhere or try to jump period but are stuck or hit a ladder but fly by it then the next time you do the same thing you climb up it or a ledge etc etc etc all stuff I am sure you have heard a hundred times (thankfully I own all the packs 50% from free play so I will play for a long time)
    Help support a vibrant gaming community and it will help the game you enjoy grow.

Quote Originally Posted by smatt View Post
    No question this is very common now......

Of course Turbine is completely silent on it....

It's currently the poorest business decision they're making right now... The game is running like dog poo and they let it go.... It's so much more enjoyable when it's running reasonably well.

I'm betting that it chases far more peoply away than is readily apparent.... The over all "Feel" of the game is HORRIBLE....

And yet... Silence....

At this point the only vote I would give DDO on any polls is "Toilet worthy" It's sad that the Devs who do work hard are being pulled down by a certain set of people.....

I really do not think they can do anything about all of this they have built so much on top of old code it would require a rewrite.

And instead of slimming the game down they add more gear/spells/buffs to make the game slow down even more. After guild buffs more lag, after get four character gear effects slower lag.

We all run with less lag in harbor then we do vale ...
    Help support a vibrant gaming community and it will help the game you enjoy grow.

Quote Originally Posted by freelove View Post
    I really do not think they can do anything about all of this they have built so much on top of old code it would require a rewrite.

And instead of slimming the game down they add more gear/spells/buffs to make the game slow down even more. After guild buffs more lag, after get four character gear effects slower lag.

We all run with less lag in harbor then we do vale ...
    Actually, my worst lag is usually when running through the Marketplace - well, outside of when I'm running to the chests in Shroud, or in eZawabi's Revenge ...
    Argonessen: Jhanrae, Weisen Heimer, Chaard O'Nay, Soulah, and more. Khyber: Dyzzie and Myssie for escape from Argo drama

Default One of the common ways

I see the lag I am talking about is with combat feedback off my character still moves backwards a foot or two when shot at by arrows. Things like this tell me it is all the effects he is running with or some such triffe. The game has pretty much become unplayable with all of the changes and lag

Oh well atleast diablo III is coming out and I hate to say it but we know blizzard will do a much better job with all of this, sorry Turbine but you earned it.

7 months later, and the lag..
    Oh, no, I don't blame the devs.
    See, it was bound to happen.
    All this magic and machines..
    People.
    The lag has taken a life of its own.
    It is procreating, expanding, and soon, it shall lead the uprising against us.
    2012. The world will end.

..slowly.

Quote Originally Posted by jillie View Post
    Actually, my worst lag is usually when running through the Marketplace - well, outside of when I'm running to the chests in Shroud, or in eZawabi's Revenge ...
    Aye, for me to. Marketplace is usually lagging something fierce for me. I don't know if this is serverlag, though? Maybe this has to do with ddo file fragmentation?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Thelanis AND Sarlona both exhibit these same symptoms in the same quests.

Quests: Shadow Crypt in Necropolis & Ritual Sacrifice in the Vale

Symptoms: Character will stop moving for a second or so every 7 seconds or so. Sometimes rubberbanding happens where the character bounces back to where it was a few seconds ago.

-and-

Thelanis (havent tried on Sarlona as of yet)

Quests: ADQ1 and 2 - preraid and raid. Monk, cleric, wizard, FvS. one time on high levels, and a full raid another time on my ranger where we had 2 healers, 2 casters, bard, and rest various melee.

Symptoms: Very similar to old school Shroud, where it appears I am the only one attacking opponent and everyone else appears to be standing around it. I confirmed that everyone else was experiencing the same symptoms at the same times. Seemed to happen when melee would surround and attack a mob. Also, damage numbers, healing numbers etc kept scrolling for a LONG period of time after the completion happened.

Experienced the 7-seconds-stop as well, on my system the cause seems to be microsoft security essentials *or* something that is hiding from it. running an update on the essentials and then running a quick scan removes the stopping for me.

Question

Any OFFICIAL lag updates?

Thank you in advance.
    "So maybe it's about time we all get a reality check and realize that if you raid, run epics, and have capped toons and worry about ED's TR's and all that jazz, you are a small part of the population of this game, a very small part in fact." -- Ungood

Would be nice because since the latest little patch I have seen a massive increase in lag on orien during peak hours all be it but still. We are talking frozen in place for literally 3 mins in elite Devils Assualt.....Only thing that saved me is I was on my clonk and had my aura on. Otherwise I would have been burnt toast!
    On Orien: Spanken Leader of Epic Fail
    Alts: Badbigboom, donations, hurttin, Atkron and many variations of spanken too many to list.

Community Member

I heard that in the next update, they're making a lot of changes to the game in hopes that about 35% of the players rage quit. This should lead to the most prominent reduction of lag we have ever seen in one update, up to 35% less lag.

every time i log into the game, i experience lag for 5 minutes or so.
    "May the flamin' force be with you!"

Quote Originally Posted by doomboy View Post
    every time i log into the game, i experience lag for 5 minutes or so.
    Same. Then I close the game and don't log in again for about 6 to 9 months.
    Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    as for voice actors I wanted Betty White for Lolth but I got voted down.
    Khyber: Alelric - Wiz 5 (Hero), Arayaleth - Ranger 20 AA (Champion), Altrocks - Cleric 20 Radiant Servant (Champion), Zinnix - Rogue 20 Assassin (Champion)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by TBot1234 View Post
    Any OFFICIAL lag updates?

Thank you in advance.
    Nothing on that... BUt we do have "Creature Companions" just looking at the cute little useless game trash should make you forget the lag.... And the fact they still haven't and won't bother to finish the "new" physics engine and it's mess.

Currently, there seems to be a persistant low level of hitching. Two times it is very noticeable when being shot at by archers and climbing to the top of ladders.
    M O R T A L V O Y A G E
    Permadeath Guild
    Stay Hard

Community Member

Khyber - Subterreane East
    6/19/2012 10:30 PM
    12 raid

At least 3 to 6 of us are experiencing lag, and I know that most of us are from the East coast US.

The lag is basically one second every 5 seconds, seems perfectly timed too. Voices were generally not effected.

I know that some in the group were not experiencing as much lag, or none at all. We went into hound, and there was no lag in hound.

Should mention that we did this last friday as well

I have not done a quest since the expansion that did not have at least one lag related death and my wipe rate has quadrupiled from lag. In fact it is so bad I think you are loosing yet another paying customer. It is a shame I bought expansion preorders for both my acounts as I am sure they will just sit and rot unless this lag is fixed ASAP.
    THERE BETTER NOT BE ANY NEW CONTENT BEFORE THE LAG IS FIXED.

Pirate Cursed

Not sure if this thread is still helpful or not, but:

Play times: 6-1130PM EST
    Consistent hitching (similar to subt) in Kings Forest
    Same in Underdark, though this comes and goes.
    Consistent hitching and lag related problems (i.e. you are not facing, spells going off but not landing) in Don't drink the water.

Pretty lag free inside the KF quests themselves, same thing for the underdark ones.

Log in lag monster is back. I log in, takes 1-2 minutes until I can move. I did notice that the Silver Flame healing also takes some time to come up in my buff bar upon login. I can recreate this at anytime, during every login.

Quote Originally Posted by pr0phet00 View Post
    Not sure if this thread is still helpful or not, but:

It's not. This thread is well over a year old. The lag continues to get worse with each update. Old players continue to leave. Once the newest batch brought in because of MoTU realize how poorly the game is being maintained, start hitting all the problem areas, get tired of the endless grinding for the 12 different crafting systems and stop having fun with it, well... maybe then they'll get the hint? I dunno.
    Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    as for voice actors I wanted Betty White for Lolth but I got voted down.
    Khyber: Alelric - Wiz 5 (Hero), Arayaleth - Ranger 20 AA (Champion), Altrocks - Cleric 20 Radiant Servant (Champion), Zinnix - Rogue 20 Assassin (Champion)

As a semi-constructive feedback, I think a big part of lag comes from the equipment parser. There is probably a way to optimize it without having to rewrite everything (well if the code handling it is in the same file(s)). Maybe the parse could be made on the client side, sending only the identifier of the piece(s) of equipment to be accounted to, so the server would only have to check those in order to prevent any cheat. If it already works this way, I have no better idea

For spell effects lag (on the computers with weak graphic cards), maybe we could have an option reducing spell effects to very simple forms (no big flashes everywhere, just a small aura or something like that).
    Last edited by Feithlin; 07-19-2012 at 01:48 AM.
    Thelanis: Nassim* (F12/P6/M2) - Talienor** (P18/Ra2) - Feithlin** (F12/Bd7/C1) - Stoneoak* (F12/M6/P2) - Hokusai (M17/F2/C1) - Ardence* (Bd15/F3/Ro2) - Matsushiro* (Ro11/M6/P3) | Argonessen: Luneargent (W18/Ro2) - Talienor (Ro20) - Takshir (Bd16/F2/Ro2) - Hiacynthe (C20) | Ghallanda: A bunch of pre DDO Unlimited characters (field of testing for post U19 )

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast