Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Default A day in the life of Trappur the Monkey

Dust to Dust & Gnolls too!

Well, we discovered this problem with the Vale of Twilight. Apparently, not only are creatures from Shavarath and Lammania leaking through to take over this wonderful, great, fantastic and beautiful natural habitat, but also some members of The Twelve have gone missing! Well, we better find them before this Shroud place blows up or something, and all the demons get through. That would suck.

So we set off into the Vale. Gripping my crossbow tightly, I ripped off shots whenever I could fit them in between the Wizard and Sorcerer of our group slinging their spells. We had gone into an underground lair of spiders that, heaven forbid, we couldn't kill! Who ever heard of *not* killing spiders? They are nasty. But we had been told that they were not the real problem, that it was the ogres instead. So as to avoid hitting the now friendly spiders, I had to switch to my shortsword, not as effective. Example: (if you please) I was stabbing away at this ogre with my sword, but it wasn't quickly enough because the ogre took me down just before I could get him. Well, our faithful cleric Gillbey was right there to bring me back, but I'd like to reiterate here, for those of you listening, that death is *still* not any fun.

We eventually found the Rakshasha that was in charge of it all and sent him packing. On to the Gnolls!

The Gnoll camp was on a hill so far away that we had to go invisible and speed up to get there safely. Flashpointe helped us with that. Well, we tore through that camp like nothing and with hardly a scratch on us, we encountered the Twelve member Paetus, who we had to help through the rest of the camp to reach the terrible master tiefling! Turns out that Shavarath was invading the Gnoll camp too. (Darn Shavarath, they are everywhere lately!)

After collecting our due rewards, we retired to Meridia, eager to start out on our next heroic quest. But I have just one question-What in Eberron is chipmunk funk and where does it come from? I'll leave you to decide.

Default The StormReaver

Letter to Fweggo

Master Fweggo:

It has been a long time since I have written. I apologize. Things here have been busy, yet it is no excuse. We even got involved in an invasion of the city of Stormreach, but we were able to track down the force behind the invasion and defeat the daughters of Sora Kell.

After that we spent a good time in a place called Gianthold at the request of Cyodnie. It was not easy work infiltrating the Giants there. We needed to prove our metal to three captains. The challenges were not easy. One involved several tests and proved very trying; another involved the shattering of several crystals with the help of some giants; the last one involved infiltrating and old prison. But we survived them all and we were able to appease Crag and he gave us access to the Tor.

Things only got tougher there. We had to fight hoards of giants and 3 dragons. But we survived to face the Stormreaver. It was an amazing battle. He was unlike any character we have seen. He absorbed massive amounts of damage, wielding a sword like the greatest of fighters and casting spells like a seasoned wizard. He also had an army of air elementals at his disposal. But we defeated him or at least he disappeared and we were able to shut down his doomsday device.

However there was much talk about a ‘prophesy’. I am uncertain to what it pertains to. I was hoping that you might be able to write me back and give me any information that you have about this prophesy.

Thanks,

Flashpointe

PS - We have been in contact with some members of the Twelve. It looks like we will be heading to a place called Meridia to investigate what is going on.
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Last-Wolf View Post
    I surrender to your wit sir, well played
    Toons on Thelanis... Bairclaw, Icemaachine, Slydawg, Tazzster

Default Good Times!

Journal Entry 36

We defeated the Stormreaver tonight. It was an awesome battle. Here is a picture of me and the guys…

Default The night bring nightmares

Journal Entry 36

I just woke from a dream… more of a nightmare really. I was in a large underground cavern and we were climbing to the top on ledges, when I would look down the cavern appeared bottomless. But that was not all Orges and Spiders were attacking me. Around every corner they were there waiting for me with their clubs and fangs. And the nightmare didn’t end there. On every ledge there were loads of gnoll archers continually piercing me with their arrows – arrow after arrow after arrow was being lodged in my body. I was beginning to look like a porcupine. It was too much, my enemies overwhelmed and I slipped off the ledge and woke from my dream… um … nightmare.

I sat up and looked to pull out the arrows that I was certain would be in my flesh but there were none. I did find some freshly healed wounds that looked like arrow wounds. I grabbed some water from my pack and began to remember the events of the past days. The dream started to make sense.

The others were here in Meridia with me. Or to be more exact, the Vale of Twilight. We were camping tonight under the stars. The Vale was beautiful. One of the others was stirring, probably nightmares as well. It had been a tough couple of days on all of us, we had fought lots of enemies and taken lots of damage. I had found myself too often being helped from the ground by Gillbey. It seems these quests are bound to take all of our lives. I secretly fear for us, but I try to remain strong around the others.

It has been of little comfort that most of those that we are seeking to find are already dead. I don’t know what fate lies here for us, but it seems to me we are closer to death than ever. I wonder what evil lies in the dark for us now. I hope the dawn comes soon.

Default harry and the spiders

Letter to Fweggo

Master Fweggo:

I write to update you on the current status of our adventures.

We have returned from the Vale of Twilight. We defeated a big red angry guy called Arraetrikos. I think he was some sort of devil from a place called Shavarath. He was an impressive beast to say the least. Luckily for us we had found another group of adventures to aid us in this battle. It took all of our combined might, but in the end we were victorious.

When we returned to Stormreach we found little time for rest. We were approached by a man named Dectaran who was with the Silver Flame. He asked that we help Inquisitor Gnomon, who later tried to double cross us. We kept working for the Silver Flame and delved deeper and deeper into the mystery that was unfolding. We faced many drow, fire reavers, rakshasa’s and others.

This all led us down the trail to a Drider known as the Spinner of Shadows. We tried hard to defeat her and we were going to, but our end battle was interrupted by some dimensional rift where we came face to face with Lloth, who appears to be some deity from another world. I thought for sure this would be our end. We have faced giants and devils and all sorts of evil beasts and we have been victorious. But I don’t think we are ready to take on the gods.

If it was not for the Silver Flame teleporting us away from her I don’t think we would have survived.

Perhaps this is the threat of underlying evil that you sent us to discover about a year ago. Write to me soon, I desperately wish to hear from you on this matter. Or better yet, come to us. I long to speak with you about many things.

Your Student

Flashpointe

Default A note found by a bed, in an inn somewhere...

A note found by a bed, in an inn somewhere...

I fear it may be already too late, but I send this letter to you in all urgency regardless. I have seen a vision. No, perhaps it was more of a prophecy couched in the swirling semi-reality of a dream.

There is a dark force threatening to spill forth from the cracks in the world. I have seen images flickering of a black tide of steel and blood. There are webs and flashes of hideous legs. Millions upon millions of hairy, swarming black legs slithering from another plane. I have seen a light. Not a revealing, glorious light, but a black crouching and waiting presence.

Soon we will be called upon to our greatest challenge. It is only now, I write this sitting by the bed as the dream seeps away from the light of consciousness. I know that soon it will be gone from my memory. I can't say HOW I know, only that it is receding, clouded by the mist of forgetfulness as this spills forth from my quill.

Doom approaches, and it is riding a black tide threatening to change the fabric of the universe. Even we, the so called "Heroes of Stormreach" will no doubt crumble in the majesty of the queen of chaos, Lloth.

May the gods have mercy on our souls.
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Default The Final Battle - Part 1

The Final Battle

It was a day not unlike many others they had experienced. They had ventured out to vanquish the evil forces that were seeping into their world. They had met the dangers head on and vanquished their foes. Now it was time to return to the closest village. The group dropped their bags outside the tavern, weary from the day’s work. A few began to sort through their supplies and to take note of what they needed to restock on. Keggon pulled out his axe and began to clean off the blood that covered it.

“I’ll make arrangements for a ride home,” announced Flashpointe. Then he popped into the tavern.

This tavern was no different than the many he had seen in these lands, but over the years his attitude had changed. Before he would have scanned the place for the prettiest of women, but the toll of fighting evil had changed him. All that he wanted right now was a ride home. He immediately made for the barkeep and inquired about where he could find transport.

The barkeep directed him to a table in the corner where a few men sat. As he made his way to the corner, he thought he heard the name Lloth whispered. He strained his ear to hear more of the conversation. He heard something about ‘bringing the battle here’ and ‘killing adventurers before they could find a way’, but that is all he got. A thought passed into his head, “find a way to do what?” Then he was at the corner table and the thought left him. He conducted his business and arranged for a transport back to Stormreach proper, then he was back out the front door and he never thought once to even scope out the joint for ladies.

Back out front he found Keggon finishing up the cleaning of his axe. Akenthel and Gillbey were discussing the events of the day and Trappur was putting more stuff in his bags. He was always putting more stuff in those bags. Flash believed that he must have had several enchanted bags and loads of treasure because he was always filling them up but hardly ever emptying them.

It was at that moment that Flash stopped and surveyed the group. “What a good team we have become!” he thought to himself, but the word team did not sit right with him. “Team? That’s not right. We are more than that. These guys are more like brothers than anything else. Actually it really is the only family I have.” A smile spread across his face as he dwelled on that thought and then he came to the conclusion, “I got a pretty good family.”

His thought was interrupted when a small bag of fine sand hit him in the gut.

“What are you grinning all goofy about?” asked Akenthel.

“Looks like he is practicing his pick up smile again,” answered Gillbey.

“He will only scare the ladies with that one,” laughed Keggon.

Flash paused for a moment before he responded sarcastically. “Who needs lady friends when I got you guys?” He tossed the bag of sand back to Akenthel and made his way over to his pack saying, “I got us a transport… he wants to leave as soon as we are ready.”

Fifteen minutes later they were all loaded and the transport lurched away from the tavern and headed to Stormreach. Flash eased himself into a corner up against his pack, laid back and closed his eyes. He felt a twinge of pain in his shoulder and he reached up and rubbed it with his other hand. It was the spot where a kobold Shaman had hit him with a lightning bolt in a warehouse in the Harbor. That had been the first time he thought he had met death, but Gilbey’s magic had saved him that day, he never even hit the floor. “Good ole Gilbey… I need to repay him for the many times he’s saved my life…”, thought Flash to himself. He then started thinking about all the great times he had experienced with his friends - Trappur with his many tricks like turning people to stone, the time Keggon went toe to toe with the Demon Queen and every time Akenthel snuffed out a firewall with an ice storm. A smile spread across his face and he drifted off to sleep.

KAAAARAAAAAAAAAAACCKKKKKKK! A loud noise woke Flash from his sleep and he found himself and the Mysterious 6 flying through the air with parts of the transport, their gear and fire. This might have taken others by surprise but not this team; they were used to people always jumping out from the dark to kill them. Many of them hit the ground, rolled and popped to their feet ready to take on their foes.

It was clear that a meteor swarm had hit the transport. Its driver lay dead and scorched. There was very little time to take in the scene. Arrows rained down on them and drow warriors poured out of the darkness of the forest towards them. Keggon charged to meet them, Trappur’s crossbow started firing and Akenthel pelted them with ice.

A second meteor swarm launched itself from the woods and the mysterious 6 scattered to avoid its impact. Flash cast a jump spell, leaped onto the remains of the transport and then over the group of drow warriors and into the darkness of the woods. Another spell launched from the darkness and Flash found his target. A Finger of Death smote his foe. Then a scorching ray flew by his head and exploded on the tree next to him. More enemy casters! He tossed a firewall in the general direction to light up the night and did not like what he saw – more warriors pouring down the hill and several casters targeting his location.

He had no time to think, only time to move. Flash was off running and jumping through the forest. He had already timed a spot to land. He only wanted to avoid enemy fire on the way there. He landed amidst some warriors and gave them a moment to recognize him and move in before he unleashed a circle of Death. They all dropped except a few and the next wave that was arriving. He unleashed a Wail of the Banshee for them and most hit the ground. A blast of energy hit him in the back, but he was expecting it. He wheeled and found his target and dropped his foe with a Finger of Death.

Flash thought he might have a moment to breathe, but he was wrong. More warriors poured down the ridge and casters were beginning to fire on his location. He ran to elude his foes and a sick feeling overcame him, for he realized this was not a simple attack or robbery of a transport, this was more than that. This was at least a full company of drow warriors and they were here to make sure no one left alive. Were they here to destroy the Mysterious 6? Flash glanced down to the battle still raging on the road below. He needed to give his friends more time. Casters firing from the cover of these trees would tear them apart. But going up the hill would take him out of Gilbey’s healing range and the help of his friends. Flash knew what he must do. He changed into lich form and headed up the hill to his foes.

Down below Gillbey who was momentarily dazed from the impact of the meteor swarm, and slightly impaired from the libations he had drunk before boarding the transport, awoke to a scene of utter chaos. Immediately a sense of dread overcame him. So many times before they had fought side-by-side, with everyone knowing their role. Everyone's actions were predictable. Everyone close by. But the surprise attack had been very effective. The team was scattered. People heading in all directions, too many to keep track of.

One thought entered his head, "Find Keggon. I'm sure he will have survived the blast." He remembered back to the many times that he'd watched over the head of the fearless Keggon, into the frustrated faces of their foes. The dungeon corridors were too narrow for them to reach the casters, happily pouring down all manner of nasty fire and ice spells on their heads. Gillbey knew that the simple presence of his faith near the well fortified dwarf was enough to overcome all but the fiercest of assaults. But this scene was different. No dungeon walls to help us here. The drow were pouring in from all sides. He caught a glimpse of Flash heading for the trees. "Where are you going you, crazy $&@^(#! Oh well, nothing I can do about that. Better focus on the rest..."

For what seemed like an eternity, but was probably only a few minutes, the drow threw themselves at the party. Many fell to Keggons axe, Trappur’s arrows and Akenthel’s ice. Gillbey cast blade barrier after blade barrier to try to protect the party, but it was not enough to stop them. The drow continued to get through.

Gillbey winced, as pain shot through his shoulder. An arrow had found its way into a crack in his armor. Fear began to sink in and Gillbey began to realize that this may be the beginning of the end. He could no longer keep up with Keggon as he slashed his way through their ranks. Next, he felt the bite of an axe in his leg and then a hammer blow knocked him off his feet. The drow surrounded him and the blows of their weapons rained down on him. He felt his life slipping away. One drow screamed above the fury of the battle, "Where is your God to save you now, shaman?" Then everything went black....

Back up the hill Flash continued to unleash his magic on his foes, landing amongst them and throwing out his spells of death. To those who had sense enough to cast or wear deathblock he unleashed the power of his fire, burning his enemies and the forest around him. He was making a dent in the force that was on the hill but he felt his magical power growing thin. He ducked behind a tree and reached in his bag for a Mnemomic enhancement potion that he kept for emergencies like this. Unfortunately the pocket he reached into was soggy and filled with broken glass. Amongst the wreckage he was only able to find an old small potion. He popped the cork and drank it down. “It would have to be enough”, he thought to himself, knowing full well that it wasn’t. He came out from behind the tree like a man possessed. He yelled and screamed trying to gather the attention of all of his enemies. His plan was to gather as many as he could together and unleash what was left of his magical power on them.

It worked. His enemies flocked to him like a magnet. He kept moving, dodging enemy spells and heading to a predetermined spot on top of the ridge next to three casters. He dropped in between the three and absorbed their spells. He knew he could withstand the initial wave of their power. He needed just a moment for those behind him to catch up. When they did he unleashed he spells of death and watched the casters crumble. He spun and unleashed more spells at those heading up the hill. Out of the corner of his eye two more casters approached. Then a sword sliced across his back. He fell to his knees and instinctively sprang away knowing that a second blow was coming. He had no time to look back. He landed a finger of death on one of the casters and started to target the other, but was interrupted by an arrow to the knee. His mobility was crippled and the warrior who had slashed his back caught up to him. He launched a spell into his face and his enemy tumbled backwards down the hillside. Then a pain erupted in Flash’s stomach and to his surprise he saw a blade protruding from his midsection. Time seemed to stop at that moment. Flash thought of many things and wondered how it had come down to this. He thought about the things he had done wrong and how it could have been better, then he dropped to his knees and slumped to his side and his gaze fell down to his friends below. The guys he considered his family. He hoped he had done enough to save them this day. He smiled as he thought about how glad he was to have gotten to know them.

He heard voices behind him. “We got him,” said one voice. Another said, “Let me chop his head off.” The other voice stopped him and spat out is a disgusted voice, “No! Burn him.”

A wall of fire erupted around Flash. Curiously to him the warmth of the fire felt comforting to his body that was growing cold. He then closed his eyes and fell asleep.

Trappur, Keggon and Akenthel pushed up the hill into the teeth of the enemy. Enemies were cut down by Keggon’s axe, pierced by Trappur’s crossbow and exploded by the power of Akenthel’s ice spells. They fought their way to the top of the ridge. It was evident that Gillbey had been separated from them somehow, but there was no time to think about it. The assault from the enemy was all they could focus on now. Trappur was the first one to reach the top of the ridge and the remains of Flash’s body.

Trappur quickly surveyed the scene and shoved Flash's magical dagger into one of his packs. “No sense in wasting this!” He thought. He barely had time to close the clasp before a mass of drow came straight for him and the rest. After Flash's daring assault it was hard to believe that there were any drow left. Trappur whipped his crossbow to his shoulder and fired blindly. Click! He reached in his pack for another handful of magical bolts...only to come up empty?

Akenthel fired spells away with abandon, while Keggon charged up the hill, ready to engage the onslaught. Trappur, cursing his luck at running out of such a needed commodity at this point in time, swung his enchanted shortsword out from the sheath at his belt.

Rolling into half an army of drow was not his first idea. It certainly wasn't aimed entirely at his self-preservation instinct, but it proved to be the only thing left to do when, glancing behind him briefly, he saw that they were surrounded. As the drow closed in, Trappur yelled to Keggon, “Keep them busy Keg!” Then, he tumbled end over end through the drow line, careful to avoid the points of daggers and flying arrows alike. When he got there, he started to slash at anything that moved.

In a blur of motion, the daring rogue, Trappur, took down enemy after enemy. With Keggon keeping the drow's attention it wasn't too hard to step in behind one and plant a blade in a back, kick the drow off the blade, ignore the slimy blood, and move on to do the same to the next. Trap and Keggon made a good team.

The enemy continued to flood their location and separate what was left of the Mysterious 6. Trappur grew more and more exhausted as he danced with death, until finally, after the seemingly endless horde looked to be thinning, he came face to face with a company of drow rangers.

The weariness had taken hold, and he couldn't think. He realized he'd gone too far and the others were nowhere to be found.
    His brief hesitation cost him.

Vines sprouted from the ground, entangling his legs and arms. He struggled and could barely turn his head to see that all the rangers had aimed at him, fire tipped arrows drawn on their bows.

They fired. As the arrows flew, Trappur thought, “Well, I guess this is it!”

He tried to call out but the vines held him fast. As the first arrows hit he thought of home.

Boom! Each arrow exploded on impact burning Trappur beyond recognition. The vines loosened their hold and he fell. He thought briefly of crawling back to Gillbey, but the pain was too much. The final arrow caught him in the back as he lay on the ground. It stuck there for a moment as if teasing him with his own death, and then exploded inside him between his shoulder blades. Parts of him flew everywhere, splattering the nearby ground with smoking gore. The rangers closed on his remains, picked them over briefly, and left only a set of lockpicks by one of his dismembered hands.

A short distance away Akenthel and Keggon pushed through their enemies following the trail of dead that Trappur had left. Exhausted and in need of healing Keggon reached the scene of Trappur’s demise first. The sight was gruesome and it dropped him to one knee as if he had been sucker punched. He could not believe what he was seeing. “Trappur,” he whispered as he touched the disembodied hand lying next to a set of lock picks. Then the whisper turned to a scream of rage, “NOOOOO!!!! Die you drow scum!!!”

Without hesitation, Keggon jumped to his feet charged into a group of drow crashing through them with axe and armor. He gathered them in his arms and jumped from the cliff sending many to their death. It was in this moment that Keggon remembered that he had swapped out his feather falling boots for a more comfortable pair before loading into the transport.
    “My BOOTS!” he screamed.

Akenthel, having just caught up to Keggon, realized his friend’s mistake and desperately tried to cast feathfall... alas, poor Keggon was out of range. A cloud of feathers fluttered down in the breeze where once the image of Keggon’s falling had been.
    Akenthel hesitantly walked to the edge of the cliff and peered over. Below lay the motionless body of Keggon, face down in the dirt. Akenthel dropped to his knees in sorrow.

“Oh Keggon, my greatest friend, how will I ever be able to go on without you,” spoke Akenthel into the air around him.
    As he was about to turn away he thought he saw some movement from Keggon’s body. He peered closer and thought to himself, "Nah, it was just my imagination…wishful thinking."

Akenthel rose from the ground and turned to walk away. Then the reality of being all alone hit him and stopped him in his tracks. In that silent pause he heard clanking coming from behind him. He turned back to the cliff's edge to see Keggon's form definitely moving. No it would be more aptly described as convulsing on the ground below. A wide smile beamed across his face and just as he was about to descend to help him up... the arms of a drow popped out from under Keggon and for a brief moment rigidly extended skyward before going limp and thudding to the ground.

"At least he finally got a kill." Akenthel remorsefully consoled himself. "That's definitely how he would have wanted to go out."

The moment was suddenly interrupted by the sound of arrows flying through the air and sinking into flesh. The body of a drow assassin with a blade in his hand fell at Akenthel’s feet as he spun around ready for battle. To his surprise he found Alodi standing a short distance away smiling at him. Their long lost companion had finally caught back up to them. Akenthel was overjoyed by seeing his long lost companion. Aldoi had saved his life and at least now he wasn’t alone. A wide smile filled his face once again, but not for long, as he saw the drow archers standing behind Alodi with their bows drawn. His smile turned to a look of terror. He started to yell, but the arrows had already left their strings. Alodi seeing the change on Akenthel’s face realized his doom and gave Akenthel a wink before his body was pierced with 27 arrows. His corpse fell heavily to the ground, dead before impact.

Akenthel grabbed a potion of magical energy from his bag and gulped it down. He tossed the bottle to the side and licked the last drop of potion from his parched lips. The drow surrounded him and began to close in. He cracked his neck by wrenching his head to the right and then the left. He braced himself for battle and in a dark voice said, “Let’s do this.”

Many hours later Akenthel rose up unsteadily from the ground, his head a mass of agony. Blood crusted his eyes shut, and he winced as he raised his arm to wipe them. Too many times he had faced death. Too many times Gillbey had pulled his soul back from the abyss, each time getting a little more difficult.

His legs wobbled and betrayed him. The hard packed earth rose up to meet him, and once again the blackness closed in, shutting away the world and the pain. He drifted for a time... then voices trickled into the edges of his consciousness, teasing him. With effort, he focused his attention from the approaching void and started to make sense of the sounds. The language was not a familiar one, but the tone was clear. These were death dealers. Slivers of moonlight came into focus as he forced his eyes open and the image of three well armed drow warriors grew closer. They were searching the bodies. Panic shot through his broken frame, urging him to action. He snapped his eyes closed again. Rage and pain came to a sharp point within and he forced his body to remain still. They were on top of him. Fingers roughly grabbed at his robes, and his pockets were emptied in moments. The warriors were about to leave when one bent down close. He could feel the hot breath of the Drow inches from his face. Moments went by and his pulse felt like it was pounding in his ears loud enough to be heard by anyone within miles. Then the brief contact was gone and he felt the sweet relief as the search crew continued on.

He forced his eyes open a sliver at some point later. Time had ceased to mean much in the haze of pain and twisted version of consciousness he was enduring. Now that the warriors had moved on, it looked like it was time to make an escape. Without really looking, he strained his arms, slowly dragging himself along the ground. He wasn't sure where he was going, or how long it took. His will to live took over and everything ceased to exist except the pain and the insistent need to get clear of the bodies. Inch by tortured inch, he crabbed along, pulling with his arms and pushing with his legs in the bloody ground. Pain blossomed anew in the back of his head and his vision swirled. A Drow priestess smiled at him almost peacefully as she wrenched his head around to meet her gaze. Then there was nothing except for a soft feminine chuckle, and blackness.

It was early morning when a few figures arrived on horseback out of the mist. Seeing the battle scene they quickly pulled up their horses and dismounted. Fweggo conjured a ball of fire into his hand ready to launch it at anyone who dared to attack, but it was a pointless gesture and he knew that. This battle was long over. The only thing he would find here were people looting bodies and the inevitable scavengers. What he had wanted to find was survivors, but now he had little hope of that and what small bit he had started with was dashed when he realized the destructive powers that had been unleashed here.

His first confirmation was the torn and charred remains of Gillbey near the wagon. He called to Celimas, the beautiful cleric that had helped him catch up to the Mysterious 6, to join him. When she reached Fweggo it was not the reaction that he had hoped for. She placed a comforting hand on his shoulder. He had foolishly hoped for her to resurrect Gilbey, but he knew, for he had seen it before. Magic has its limits and Gillbey’s soul was well beyond their reach. He consoled himself with the fact that the cleric was with his God now, and nodded grimly. Celimas stooped over his shattered mortal coil and put something inside of a small red bag. Then she said a few soft words.

They moved along following the path of devastation up the hill. The trail of dead bodies and scorched earth told a grim tale as it beckoned them onward. It led them straight to where Flash had met his end; it was just a pile of ashes now. The pile was nearly indistinguishable from the rest of charred and smoking remains strewn about. It was a glint of gold that caused Fweggo to pause. Something within him turned his gaze directly at the nearly buried object. Perhaps it called to him? He bent down and picked the gold medallion and chain up from the ashes. At the realization of what it was his knees buckled. It was a necklace that he had given to a young Flashpointe when he was about 14. Fweggo sunk to his knees and tears streamed down his face. He sat there for a long time, wishing that he had been able to see his student and very close friend one more time.

He was interrupted some time later, by Celimas’ touch on his shoulder. Saying nothing she took a container and scooped up some of Flashpointe’s ashes. Fweggo looked at her a little quizzically.

She explained, “There is one in Stormreach called Kruz. He has some very powerful magic. Perhaps he can guide Flash to another life. One where he may find more luck and less bloodshed.”

Fweggo nodded.

She took the container and placed it in her bag next to Trappur’s hand that she had wrapped in cloth. “I have found the others. We can take all of them to Kruz.”

Fweggo nodded again and got to his feet. The time for grief was over. There was work to be done. It was time to start planning how he would avenge the death of his friends. He whispered into the mist, “I’m coming for you Lloth… I’m coming for you.”
    Last edited by jortann; 05-21-2012 at 06:35 PM.

Default ty ty ty

Thanks to all that sent us encouragement and kind words along the way. We hope you enjoyed our final story and following our journey. I can say for me, it was a blast.

I also, wanted to say a special thanks to the guys. Congrats for sticking it out for a full year. I am glad that I got to take the journey with ya and for your friendship.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456