Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Entry #8 in Flashpointe's Journal

Entry #8 in Flashpointe's Journal

I found this news article on the ship as we were traveling to Stormreach. It is from several days ago, but I thought I would put a copy of it in my journal as a memento of my time on Korthos Island…

LARS HEYTON RETURNS!
    Much rejoicing was had in the village last night as Lars Heyton returned. It has been many weeks since his disappearance. While many thought he had fallen victim to the white dragon it was actually Lars who got the better of the dragon. Since Lars return the dragon has not been seen over the village and his icy grip has left the island and the warm weather of Korthos has returned.

When questioned about what had happened Lars would not give any details saying, “All that is important is that Korthos is safe for now.”

At the Wavecrest Tavern when Lars was credited by Sigmund Bauerson as, “Single handedly saving Korthos.” Lars was quick to correct him, giving credit to all who helped. He also encouraged others to remember those that gave their lives in defending the island. After that another toast was given to remember those who were taken from the village.

When Lars was asked if it was the Mysterious 6 that turned the tide against the cult worshippers and the dragon he replied saying, “Many helped to turn the tide, the Mysterious 6 played a significant role but no one did more that Celimas, Amalgam and Jeets.”

Some reports say that those 3 battled the dragon face to face. How anyone would survive an encounter like that I am unsure. They must be strong warriors indeed.

I am glad that Korthos was fortunate to have 3 warriors like that to defend it from the evil that is lurking in this world. One thing is for sure we will all sleep easier tonight knowing we are safe once again.

I wonder what waits for us in Stormreach. More adventure? More dragons? I am hoping for a little less bloodshed and a little more ale and some more fine ladies like Celimas.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Last-Wolf View Post
    I surrender to your wit sir, well played
    Toons on Thelanis... Bairclaw, Icemaachine, Slydawg, Tazzster

Default Entry #1 in Gillbey's Journal

Dear Mum,

I just wanted to drop you a quick note to let you know that I’m alright. This adventuring is already turning out to be more work that I'd bargained for. Master Fweggo promises that “I’ll barely need to lift a finger” and “I’d just be around to splint up a leg if someone falls in a pit or something” are far from the truth. It doesn’t look like I’ll make it home in time for next year’s planting. There are so many people out here that need our help. The evil in this land has grown unchecked for too many years now.

The healing skills that father Bartholemew taught me have already proven to be invaluable. The spears wielded by those slimy fish people barely seem to scratch the armor of our fearless warriors. But, I’m sure that this is far from the worst that we'll see. I fear that if I allow just one of our team to fall, that we may quickly become overwhelmed. But I have faith that the good lord will watch over us and protect us.

As I’d feared, the others have already noticed the problem with my feet. No matter how fast I run, I can never keep up. I hope that I won’t become too much of a burden during our travels. We’ve received our first payment from Master Fweggo. I’ll keep a mere pittance of the gold in the hopes that I can purchase some boots more suitable to traveling. The rest I'll send home so you can hire a few hands to help tend the fields.

Faithfully yours,
    Gillbey

Default From the personal journal of Trappur the Monkey (laundry ain't good enough)

**A day in the life of 'stinky' #5 Mol, Dravago 23**

I'll never smell better again. Here is this beautiful city, plenty of places to explore, and everyone I meet wants me to crawl through the sewers. Why, I think that wherever I go, if it's underground, it must smell somehow. Whew! I'm looking forward to better days when there isn't so much trouble with troglodytes and kobolds running around beneath the city. But I'm also proud to be helping out. You can't imagine the amount of traps and secret places that were down there. I feel genuine accomplishment that I helped clear these tunnels so that the next time the maintenance teams come down they are safer. Also, i hope they can find the funds to replace all those barrels we broke.

As far as business goes, I've never been a good businessman, but I know a few people who are willing to pay good coin for 'lost' objects, a few of which happen to end up in my possession. So it was that we helped a lady by the lighthouse recover a book and a guard recover a badge. Also, this smuggler lost all his jewels...none of which I could keep. But a deal's a deal as they say. That's not even to mention the kobolds who took over a warehouse or the merchant, Baudry's his name, who needed our assistance. Was he ever stingy with our reward.

After a mysterious benefactor sent me a goodly sum through the local post service (a wonder which I have never beheld before, the magic behind it is unfathomable) I decided to do some shopping, getting a good price on a new sword and some better armor to fend off kobold blows. Only a kalashtar knows why prices are so high here, but I'm confident that with my adventuring skill, I'll be able to collect enough platinum pieces for some excellent accouterments.
    Last edited by socially_awkward; 05-25-2011 at 10:24 AM.

Default Entry #9 in Flashpointe’s Journal

Entry #9 in Flashpointe’s Journal

Today we arrived in Stormreach. The harbor was full of people moving cargo and bustling everywhere. This was quite a change from the small village of Korthos. We decided to hit the local tavern first off. I think it was Akenthel who suggested it. He said we needed to get back our land legs.

Once in the tavern we were immediately sought out for work. One guy wanted us to destroy a gambling hall. We passed on the request. Another guy wanted us to acquire some goods for him. Trappur was all over this. I could see he had done this type of work before.

Once that was done we took a swim out to the lighthouse where surprising to us we found another job to recover a lost book. Recovering these items reminds me a lot of the work I did for Master Fweggo. It was nice to be just taking out a few guards and zombies instead of slaying hundreds of cultists. I must admit the amount of bloodshed on Korthos had been weighing heavily on me.

After that we wandered up to the warehouse district and got some rooms at the Wayward Lobster. Tomorrow we will check around this area of town and see if there is any work available.

Default The Stormreach Tribune

The folowing was found in the Stormreach Tribune...

The Mysterious Six?

The harbor was a buzz yesterday as ‘The Mysterious 6’ arrived in Stormreach. Rumors surrounded these guys as they stepped off the ship. Some were saying that they killed a dragon on Korthos Island, while others were saying they were just common thieves and con men. Some reports said that just mere hours after they had arrived they had ransacked several areas in the harbor stealing valuable items. We however were not able to confirm these accounts.

We did catch up with the handsome young Flashpointe and were able to ask him some questions. He was very coy with his answers failing to give us any real information as to why they are here. When asked about Korthos Island, he suggested that we talk to Lars Heyton concerning that adventure. When asked why his group was here in Stormreach, he simply replied, “Seeking Adventure! What Else?”

One of the most mysterious parts about this group is their name. While they are called the Mysterious 6, this reporter was only able to spot 5 of them. Rumors swirled around about this 6th person. Some say they saw him drinking large quantities of ale and partying it up into the early morning hours of at the Wayward Lobster.

Who are they? Partiers? Adventures? Thieves? Con Men? Heroes? I am afraid that only time will reveal the intentions of this mysterious group.

The Journal of Akenthel
    Echoes of Power

Entry 3

There are so many things to write about!! I can see the others busily scribbling away, recording their own versions of what happened. For the sake of my own sanity, I will confine my writings here to the events that influenced my magic, and how my journey to power has unfolded. The others can chronicle our journeys as they see fit, and I shall do the same.

After we arrived at Stormreach, we split up and I decided some alone time would be a good thing. I needed to practice. There was no shortage of people looking for help, and before I knew it I was swept up in a few missions alone. On these without my comrades, my casting skills were put to the test. Without anyone to back me up, I survived on my quick thinking and precise aim alone. Time after time I threw my cold bolts into bodies, watching them explode and shatter into tiny pieces. My aim has been improving as of late and I find myself able to run while still maintaining a fair amount of accuracy. This coupled with my newfound ability to jump as lithely as a panther has been a great aid.

I had time to study the elements and after consulting with a local trainer, I found that I could take cold from the air and form it into a very dense barrage of icy snowballs. I had great fun bombarding foes from afar. How they shrieked when the icy cold of death fell from above their heads and pummelled them mercilessly!! They would scatter in all directions while I shot them down one icy ray at a time. I relish picking them off this way. Oh the glorious chaos!

I have also spent some time learning about acid and how it can be used. While the power of the earth is not as strong as my chosen element, it is invaluable to the disposal of various slimes and many undead. These monsters seem to have an innate immunity to cold, and they shrug off any blasts I send their way. I suspect that there will be others that can withstand ice as well and I like to have a backup plan.

The final note I would like to enter is the best, by far.
    Flashpointe is a wizard of some power, and I have been studying his actions as I'm sure he studies mine. There is a sort of synergy there between us. His abilities are those of the mind and of intensive study, however, while mine are innate and don't require the same sort of upkeep. I did notice that he has a way of warping the fabric of a casting favorably so that the results are exponentially more intense. After studying his motions and sounds a few times I was able to recreate his "empowerment" of magic. The results are a bit costly, however. I find that I can use my power far less often by doing this, but in some cases the results are well worth it. With further study and some deep contemplation I suspect that there is yet another level that can be reached. A "maximized" casting, if you will. I shall continue to evolve my arcane powers as much as I am able.

Dark things lie ahead. There are many things afoot here in Stormreach and their resolutions won't be reached easily. I hear tales of haunted graveyards, demons, devils, beholders, giants, and even a great red dragon. It seems inconceivable that such things can lurk just under the roads we walk or inside of the structure of the city, and yet the rumors persist. Such foes will require our steadfast focus, precise teamwork, and power that could rock the very foundations of this great empire. I can only hope that our team will be able to overcome such monstrous obstacles.

Footnote: Beware of TRAPS!! I had a run in with some very nasty flamethrowers and a wicked blade. Someone had cleverly disguised them in the walls, just waiting for some unsuspecting soul to wander by. Fortunately, our quick thinking warrior Sheeska was able to grab my deep fried and lacerated remains while a breath of life was left in me. She carried me to the shrine as gently as she could and our noble cleric, Gillbey was able to mend me back into fighting form. I shall have to repay the favor some day to them both.
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Default Entry #10 of Flashpointe’s Journal

Entry #10 of Flashpointe’s Journal

Today was scary and painful.

I thought I was a goner. We were doing a repo job. Sneak into the warehouse, get the package and get out. It should have been simple. I was going to use some invisibility spells, sneak by some Kobolds and flip some levers to allow Shesska to get farther into the warehouse where the jewel was. She had volunteered to go; she is tough and was equipped with some invisibility potions, so I wasn’t worried about her.

Everything was going according to plan. I moved quickly and the Kobolds seem to barely notice my presence. I threw the levers and headed back to the main room and that is when things went sideways.

As I went to join the team I stepped right into the middle of a fight. I did not hesitate. I threw down some spells. This, however, seemed to attract a lot of attention, especially from some Kobold shamans. Obscuring mist filled the room. I was running around casting burning hands and trying to find a spot where I could see.

Lightning bolt. “@#$%!, that hurt!” was what went through my mind.

Then another one. “Ouch! What is that guy’s problem?”

I found my way out of the mist and spotted the little guy. I nailed him with a scorching ray, but he returned fire. I went down. Things went black. “Seriously? The end? Here? Like This?” It’s funny how quickly the mind thinks at times like this. I waited for the impact of the ground, but it didn’t come. Instead warmth and energy filled my body and my muscles. I knew at once Gillbey had saved me.

I stumbled and found my feet. Then, I found my target. Another scorching ray was launched and he was done. The mist lifted and we finished off the rest of them. Close call.

It still feels weird where the lightning bolts hit me and my muscles feel a little stiff.

I think I will join the others for some ale… that ought to help it feel better. I guess I ought to buy a drink for Gillbey. I certainly owe him one.

Default What's in a name?

Entry #11 in Flaspointe’s Journal

I was sitting in the Marketplace today by the fountain as some of our party members bought supplies, talked to trainers and had equipment repaired. As I sat there, a little girl approached me and said, “I like your dress.”

I told her it was a magical robe not a dress. She told me it was pretty. Cool or neat would have been nice, but pretty? Maybe I need new robes.

Then she asked me what my name was. I told her it was Flashpointe. She told me that was a weird name and asked me who named me that. I then told her this story about how I got my name…

When I was about 13 Master Fweggo took me out to the mountains and was teaching me some spells. He is a great wizard and a wonderful teacher. We were working on the spell burning hands. I had tried to cast it many times before but had never been able to do it. I thought one time I saw a little smoke come from my hand but Fweggo told me that my eyes must have been playing tricks on me.

So there we are in the woods. Fweggo is sitting on a log and telling me to concentrate on the incantation, “Close your eyes and focus on it. Reach out and feel the energy around you. Feel the energy in the air, feel it in the trees, in the rocks, in the ground, in the grass. Feel it in your body.”

So, I am standing there with my elbows at my side and my palms up and I am rubbing my thumbs and my first two fingers together on each hand thinking that it would help me generate some magical energy. I close my eyes, tilt my head back a little and begin saying the incantation over and over again in my head. My mind started to drift and then it happened.

I looked at the little girl at this point and her eyes are wide with anticipation.

I could feel it. I could feel the energy. It started as a little but then it grew and grew. Soon, I could sense all of the energy around me. Just like Fweggo has said. It was in the rocks and the trees, and the grass. It was everywhere.

Then the incantation called to me, but not really with words. It was more of a feeling. The incantation was telling me to do something. It wanted this piece of wood. I could sense this dry tree branch about 10 feet in front of me on the ground and the incantation wanted it. I didn’t understand it at the time. I’m still not sure I do. But the nagging in my mind grew stronger and stronger until I could stand it no longer.

I threw out my hands, opened my eyes and yelled the incantation. Fire leapt from my hands to the stick. It exploded into flames. And the grass and everything around was scorched. Just a burned patch of dirt was all that was left between me and the branch.

I looked to Master Fweggo and his eyes were wide open and a look of amazement was on his face. Then that turned into a smile and then he broke out laughing. He laughed so hard he fell off the log he was sitting on. “What?” I asked him. He caught his breath, looked up at me from the ground and then began laughing again. “What?” I asked again. This time he was able to gain his composure. He sat up and caught his breath. “Brilliant!” he said, “That was brilliant.” He slapped me on the back and laughed some more. I smiled a smile that I am sure was ear to ear. Then he took a deep breath, grabbed me gently by the shoulders and looked me in the eyes. “Flashpointe,” he said, “you shall be called, Flashpointe”.

And that is how I got my name.

The little girl looked at me and said, “It’s still a weird name,” and then ran off.

Default Stupid Kid

Entry #12 in Flashpointe’s Journal

We almost lost Akenthel today. Stupid kid! He walked straight into a blade trap. Did Aurla tell us there were tons of traps? Yes. Was Trappur letting us know to be careful? Yes. Had we already seen lots of traps in this place? Yes. So, what does the kid do? Walks right into one.

I thought he was dead. When I saw it happen it fell like someone punched me in the gut. Gillbey ran down to him and I could see by the look on his face that it wasn’t good. All I heard him say was, “We need a shrine.” I knew then it was serious. My knees were weak and my head was swirling. I feared the worst. None of us had been hurt that bad yet. Gillbey usually is able to keep us going right on the spot.

We got him to a shrine and I was surprised when I saw him get up. Gilbey fixed him up the rest of the way and he was even able to continue with us. I was amazed, but it also reminded me of how serious this adventuring stuff is. We live right on the edge most of time, there is not a lot of room for dumb mistakes.

Stupid kid! I am still mad at him.

But I think I will join him downstairs for drinks - I hear he is buying.

Default A New Friend?

Entry #13 from Flashpointe’s Journal

Today we had planned to meet at the fountain in the harbor. Rumor had it that there might be some work available in that area. I was the first to arrive. Well I wasn’t the first as there was this Half-Orc sitting by the fountain as well. He was just sitting there picking his toes.

It was kind of awkward. I kept circling the fountain looking for the others in our group, and I just keep walking by this guy picking his toes. I was hoping I wasn’t annoying him, because he was big, tough and mean looking and I didn’t want my face punched in.

Well the guys start showing up. I was hoping Alodi would show, but we still haven’t heard from him since he left us a note and disappeared. The note said he needed some time to take care of some personal issues and that he would be back. I keep hoping that he will show up any day, but today was not that day.

Pretty soon we are all there except Akenthel. He never showed. I hope everything is all right with him. Maybe he just drank a little too much the night before. My fingers are crossed.

Anyway we are getting antsy so we decide to get going, but since we are short a couple of people I decide to ask the Half-Orc guy who is picking his toes if he wants to join us. I was thinking he looks like a good guy to have on your side in a fight. He says, “Sure,” when I ask him. Anyway, I think that is what he said. It kind of sounded like a grunt.

Well we find some work to do fighting Kobolds, Trogs and Scorpions.

Turns out the new guy is a monk and a pretty good warrior. His name is Shadowslicer and he was quite the help. I hope we see him around again.

Community Member

Nice work. Im outta rep to give out, but as soon as i can, ill rep you all.
    Keep up the good work, and ill be reading your storys with interest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Melcena View Post
    Who is Shade?
    Lives? Nonsense. We are gamers - None of us have lives.
    404error is a practitioner of giving someone exactly what they ask for whether it's what they want or not

Default Shadowslicer

FlashPoint sed I shuud keep a jurnal and then he gave me this pensul and a notebook. So, here it goes…

My name Shadowslash… uh… Shadowslick… uh… sumthing like that.

I lived in Droaam I don gat mutch money, so I joined the army.. So I get good meals cuz they give the same size to evryone and i pretty small next to the nolls and the ogrrrs. I gess i bigger than orks, but I dunno.

So we were headed towards “the towering wood” and were passing “shilver lake,” when all ova sudden we get jumped by a buncha Thrane Archers. A lottavus die…

So this guy frum shiny flame thing… he come and save my butt. His nam brother Bromiss. I go all incapacitated, but he heal me. He say he interrrning or something in thrane but he from far away.

Then he took me back to his home in Zennnn drikk.

This guy tell me all sorts of stuffs about healing and such. I AM A CHANGED MAN! I wanted to be cleric jus like him, so i workt real hard to get wisdum… but brother Bromiss say I got not enuf. So I settled for being a munk I gess…

Now I met thes guys the “MYSTERIOUS SIX”

I dunt think there is six of them.

We beat up sum kobalds. These mysterious six guys are crazy though… droaam would pay hundredds of koins for these guys in ther ahrmy.

My hand hirts frum all the punching, so i gunna stop riting now.

Default From the personal journal of Trappur the Monkey (kobold slayer)

**Kobolds never get old olds** Mol, Dravago 30

Tavern tales? Hah! We bested that butchers path like nothing doing. It was a breeze. It was like we were walking right through those kobolds...nasty little buggers though they are. Why I remember the first time I encountered one when I was a more youthful halfling. The stupid thing was convinced I was a wealthy merchant and tried to hold me up! Well, I couldn't have that...when he pulled a knife I ducked out around a corner and hid behind a barrel. He went past and I got him good in the back. Of course, he was surprised and went down quick. Since then, I've learned to fight this way, and boy did it ever help in the butcher's path!

Me and the other Mysterious 6 (or is it 5???) encountered a guy named Durk, who has plenty of secrets apparently, but isn't too good at keeping them. More kobolds...good thing I have my trusty shortsword (one step up from steak knife if you ask me...) We got those kobolds good! Well, hopefully there are more kobolds in my future. I have no love for 'em.

The Journal of Akenthel
    Echoes of Power

Entry 4

My recovery is coming along well, I will soon be able to wade back into the fray. My spirits are high. I have been taken care of quite well here in the healing ward. There are no end of competent healers, and of course, pretty women to take care of the day to day needs. These are my favorite reason to stay. I would stay here in the ward longer, but I feel I am needed elsewhere.

Time to bid my caretakers goodbye. They were a pleasant sort and I shall miss them. Especially the lithe blond woman that has been such a blessing to the endless hours. She seems quite smitten with me and it was with a heavy heart that I explained my mission here in Stormreach. I hope to see her again someday when this is all over and perhaps develop a deeper relationship. Assuming, of course, that I live through our upcoming trials.
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Quote Originally Posted by bkasavan View Post
    Nice work. Im outta rep to give out, but as soon as i can, ill rep you all.
    Keep up the good work, and ill be reading your storys with interest.
    This. I've really enjoyed reading these. I always cook up stories like this in my head when I play a game, nice to see some people using their imaginations to write some great stuff!
    I'm piking at work.
    I disarm traps........with my face!
    How do I know that I am better than you are? Because I'm in Thrudh's signature and you're not. That's how.

Default Fireball

Entry #14 of Flashpointe's Journal

I went and visited a trainer in the Marketplace today. When I first started talking to her she seemed kind of disinterested, but when I mentioned that I was one of Master Fweggo’s students she quickly took me inside. She led me downstairs, all the while talking about how great Master Fweggo was and all the great things that he had taught her and all the great things he had done for her.

I was beginning to wonder if she was going to teach me anything or just sit there and talk, but she caught herself, apologized for rambling on and grabbed some scrolls off the shelf. She asked to see my spell book and flipped through it when I gave it to her.

She then set the book down and took a long look in my eyes and kind of examined the rest of me as well. It was kind of unnerving. Then she broke the silence and said, “You’re a fire guy aren’t you?”

It was kind of weird how she nailed it right on the head. She unrolled a scroll and said, “Today I will teach you a powerful spell. Copy it down in your spell book.” As I grabbed my quill and began to write she reached across the table and grabbed my arm and said, “You keep your spell book private don’t you? It is important that you do. We don’t want spells falling into the wrong people’s hands.” I was beginning to think she was a little strange.

She then took me into a different room. It was solid stone and the walls were covered with scorch marks. She gave me some great advice before we started – ‘Be careful where you aim. Don’t blast your toes off.’ We practiced the spell for a while. It was called Fireball. It was easy. She seemed impressed with how fast I got the hang of it. I was impressed with how powerful it was.

She then gave me some other spells to inscribe. It was a very good day of training.

Look out Kobolds! Falshpointe is armed with a new spell.

Default Lilquik

Entry #15 of Flashpointe's Journal

We met a great adventurer today. His name was Lilquik.

We were at the Wayward Lobster enjoying a few ales when a man asked to join us. We had no problem with that and invited him to pull up a chair. He then began to tell us of his many adventures. It seemed like this guy had seen and battled everything – Beholders, Giants, Mariliths, Dragons…. he had seen it all.

It was amazing all the things he had encounter and survived. I must admit that while his tales were fascinating, I also found them a little bit scary. I am a little scared of the things that wait out there for our team. I was secretly hoping that I never have to face the powerful creatures he was talking about.

We stayed up late drinking ale and swapping stories, but I must admit Lilquik’s stories were much better than ours. Then as Lilquik got up to leave he gave some of us gifts to help us along on our adventures. It was totally awesome. As he was leaving he encouraged us to come back to the Wayward Lobster after our many adventures and do as he had done - sit down with some young adventures and pass along some stories and gifts to them.

I will be sure and make a point to do that someday.

Community Member Culver.Civello's Avatar

Default The Path of The Monk - Entry 2 - A Date With Fate

Alodi didn't know what Lyrandar expected from him. He had spent all those years in Adar without contact from them and then out of no where they had decided to pull him from his home for all these years and were sending him into the hellhole of the world. As far as he was concerned, it was a death sentence. He had heard the stories of Xen'drik. It was a battle ground for adventurers fighting the corrupt and ancient evils that haunted the continent. Though most of them sought only fame and fortune, very few would find it, and even fewer would survive the evils they were forced to face. Just my luck

He turned peering out the porthole of the ship into the deep sky. He wasn't going to give them the satisfaction of his death. Xen'drik was a dangerous place, but he would do whatever he needed to do to survive. They hadn't even given him any specifics of why he was going there, just that there were evils there that needed to be dealt with. Everyone who heard stories from Xen'drik knew that much. Though they did have some sort of civilization there, most of the place was just rural areas full of monsters of all sorts waiting to haunt his dreams. The only reason he was on his way now, was because he wanted to know what his father had to do with this. His father who had been nothing but an oddity in his life was flaring back into it with this move.

Alodi closed his eyes feeling his ki moving through his body. It was suddenly that he felt something pierce it. He opened his eyes quickly starting out the window to catch the glimpse of something suddenly pass by the porthole. "Dragon!", he heard one of the crew members above deck scream. Before he heard anything else, the boat suddenly cracked and darkness washed over him. Just my luck.

The glass came to his mouth as he stared into the darkness of the tavern waiting.

If he hadn't been washed up onto Korthos, none of this would have been happening now, and who knows what might be left of that little village now. After falling off the ship, he'd been saved by a quick witted wizard who was casting spells left and right on several other passengers who had been on the ship. Luck would have it that these same passengers would become his allies in defending the village of Korthos. Why he had decided to join them, he wasn't sure, but they had purpose and that was all he needed to know he was doing the right thing. Together they squashed the Cultist and Sahuagin that had a tight grip on the people, and even when they came face to face with the dragon once again, purpose had filled them.

Luckily with all their work, they had managed to secure passage to Stormreach. Alodi pulled his hand into a fist, gripping the cup tight. Although the little group they had formed in Korthos had been successful, there were some things he had to do on his own. He had left a note with Flashpointe, the wizard that had saved him and the others... who was know kind of an unannounced leader of the group. After sneaking off the ship, he was left sitting here in the tavern just waiting. Surely he would be here soon.

Just as he had seemingly been called, the shadows bent and a lengthy Half-elf erupted from the shadows. Alodi wondered momentarily how long he had been there, but the thought was gone as fast as it came and the rogue sat in the seat across from him. The man's lips thinned before expressing a crude smile. "Hello brother." the rogue spoke. Alodi laughed at his luck.

The conversation was short and yet oddly felt cruel. No doubt his father's hand in things. Alodi walked from the tavern with a new sense of purpose. His own sense of it. Now he needed to find the others. Whatever sense of loneliness he had felt before with the group was now gone. Fate had dealt him a twisted hand, but he was going to make of it what he could.
    Last edited by Culver.Civello; 06-06-2011 at 09:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jortann View Post
    Entry #11 in Flaspointe’s Journal

I was sitting in [...] As I sat there, a little girl approached me and said, “I like your dress.”

I told her it was a magical robe not a dress. She told me it was pretty. Cool or neat would have been nice, but pretty? Maybe I need new robes.

Then she asked me what my name was. I told her it was Flashpointe. She told me that was a weird name and asked me who named me that. I then told her this story about how I got my name…

[...]

The little girl looked at me and said, “It’s still a weird name,” and then ran off.

I must apologize for my daughter's behavior, master Flashpointe. I found her on the streets as a baby at Stormreach's house Phiarlan while studying at the University there. She is super hyperactive. With curiousity she loves to play with my magical robes, shoes and strange trinkets. I have to tell her numerous times that arcane trinkets can be very dangerous if not handed properly. Even my poor little warforged librarian she played with. I told the warforged librarian to watch her every move carefully around those highly potent potions, wands, trinkets and spell books.

One time she stole several Abishai cookies out of my cookie jar; my Boots of Haste, Robe of Arcane Puisance and my Staff of Arcane Power and waded into the Necropolis just north of house Phiarlan. Good thing I caught her in my scrying pool right before she got snatched by a vampire. It was close. I will make sure to put a mark of arcane homing beacon on her and an auto home teleportation spell every hour on the hour to teleport her safely home.

I hope she does not play with my planar portal setup I borrowed from The Twelve because that could be very dangerous and hard to track her if she were to successfully planescalling to other planes!

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility

Default Blood and Dirt

Entry #16 in Flashpointe's Journal

Today started out well. Both Alodi and Akenthel returned. It was good having them back. It appears Akenthel had been sick and Alodi had been… well I’m not sure where he had been – he’s not talking a lot about it.

So we were hanging out down by the dock when this lady comes up and is carrying on in a hysterical manner. She needed help rescuing ‘Lady Azdel’. I quickly grabbed the team together, because I really liked the idea of rescuing a damsel in distress. Only problem was that Shesska wasn’t there. After waiting for a little bit we decided to head out into the Cerulean Hills in search of this young maiden.

It turned out that the hills were quite the dangerous place. They were crawling with orcs, bugbears, thieves, wolves, lions and scorpions. We didn’t get far before we ran into a man named Nash whose farm had been taken over by orcs. We decided to help out the poor guy.

The way up to his farm was crawling with orcs. We blasted through the first couple of packs, took out a barricade they had made and secured a bridge. Then we made our way to the farm. It was on fire but we quickly extinguished it. That’s when things got bad. The Orcs came pouring out of the woods. I jumped into the middle of them and blasted away – turns out this was a bad move. I see some fall, others close in on me. I launch a few spells and I feel a few blows from their weapons. I go down and hit the ground hard.

I don’t know how long I was there. But soon my eyes pop open and I can feel the familiar warmth of Gillbey’s magic pulsing through my veins. My face is in the dirt and my mouth is full of it. The battle is stilling raging on. I stumbled to my feet and spit the blood and dirt out of my mouth. I launched a few spells, not really knowing what was going on. I was still dazed.

As I was trying to get my bearings, I spot a big orc in the middle of the group who looks like he might be the leader. I had a moment of clarity and unloaded all I have left on him hoping that if their leader falls the morale of the group will be broken. He felt the brunt of my lightning bolts and scorching rays. Some of the others from our team jumped him and he went down. I was exhausted. I hunched over with my hands on my knees tried to catch my breath and gather my strength. I didn’t have much luck with that, so I pulled out a wand to helped the others finish of the other orcs who were too stupid to flee for the woods.

When we reach orc outpost, I had cleared my head from the near-death encounter of the morning, but I was wary of what was to come. I approached this encounter with the orcs much more cautiously than the first. We had little trouble reaching the outpost and freeing Lady Azdel. Their leader, Gravnok, was one of the toughest creatures I have seen. I unloaded many spells into him before he fell before the combined power of our team. His strength was pretty impressive.

Turns out Lady Azdel is a feisty little arcane powerhouse herself – and a hottie. Unfortunately, I did not make a good first impression. My face was still dirtied with the blood and soil from the morning’s near death episode. I did invite her to join us for drinks at the Wayward Lobster, but she didn’t show.

I will have to remember that the next time I go on a mission to rescue a young maiden, to try and not get myself almost killed on the way there. I don’t think chicks dig guys with dirt and blood matted in their hair.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast