Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default The Mysterious 6

What is The Mysterious 6?

The Mysterious 6 is a static group that will be exploring the story line of DDO. We hope to share the story line of DDO and our characters with the community as we share on this forum thread pages from our character’s journals and copies of letters they receive or send back home.

We are starting in Korthos and trying to play through quests only once, unless we need xp to level.

We invite you to come along on our journey and watch as our characters experience the land of Xen'drik.

Enjoy!

Directory of Posts

Extra! Extra! Read all about it!
    Korthos Daily
    Letter to Master Fweggo
    Stormreach Tribune
    Letter to Master Fweggo #2
    Flashpoint Supplementary Post #1
    Letter to Master Fweggo #3
    Letter to Master Fweggo #4
    Letter from Master Fweggo #1
    Mysterious 6 Video

Flashpointe - Doctrine of Wizardry
    Entry 1
    Entry 2
    Entry 3
    Entry 4
    Entry 5
    Entry 6
    Entry 7
    Entry 8
    Entry 9
    Entry 10
    Entry 11
    Entry 12
    Entry 13
    Entry 14
    Entry 15
    Entry 16
    Entry 17
    Entry 18
    Entry 19
    Entry 20
    Entry 21
    Entry 22
    Entry 23
    Entry 24
    Entry 25
    Entry 26
    Entry 27
    Entry 28
    Entry 29
    Entry 30
    Entry 31
    Entry 32
    Entry 33

Alodi - Path of The Monk(1-6)/A Blade in the Wind
    Entry 1
    Entry 2
    Entry 3
    Entry 4
    Entry 5
    Entry 6
    Entry 7

Gillbey - Reach of The Divine
    Entry 1
    Entry 2
    Entry 3

Akenthel - Echoes of Power
    Entry 1
    Entry 2
    Entry 3
    Entry 4
    Entry 5
    Entry 6
    Entry 7
    Entry 8
    Entry 9
    Entry 10
    Entry 11

Keggon - Shielded in Strength
    Entry 1
    Entry 2

Trappur - Dashing Rogue
    Entry 1
    Entry 2
    Entry 3
    Entry 4
    Entry 5
    Entry 6
    Entry 7
    Entry 8
    Entry 9
    Entry 10
    Entry 11
    Entry 12
    Entry 13

Shesska - Blades of Fury
    Entry 1
    Entry 2
    Entry 3
    Entry 4 [Last Chapter]

Companions
    Shadowslicer - The Loyal Ally
    Entry 1
    Tower - Creator of Havocs
    Entry 1
    Last edited by jortann; 01-17-2012 at 09:22 AM.

Default the letter

Entry #1 of Flashpointe’s Journal

I received this letter from Master Fweggo this morning.

Flashpointe:

There is a situation developing in Korthos that needs immediate attention. I wish for you to break from current mission to attend to these matters. Deliver the crystals that you have already collected for me in Zilspar to the owner of the Golden Wand Arcane shop there – he will know how to get them to me safely.

As for you, travel immediately to Sharn. There you will find the airship Starfire. I have already chartered it for your journey to Korthos. Aboard you should find four other adventurers who will assist you in your mission. They are young like yourself and have not seen many adventurers but I am sure they will be a great asset to you in completing this mission. The captain has a letter for you that will explain more in detail the mission itself.

One more thing, this mission is quite different than those I have sent you on previously. Be careful, use what you have learned and rely on your team for help. Also there is a friend of mine who is a wizard trainer in Korthos be sure to speak with him, there are many things he can teach you.

I wish I could meet you in Sharn to see you off, but I have too many pressing matters here to deal with. Report back to me and soon as you can.

I wish you the best of luck,

Master Fweggo

Fweggo's letter sounds serious. He has never had me break from a mission before, but I am sure it is nothing I can't handle. I am excited and hope that it will be something different than breaking into places and acquiring crystals, shards and relics. I am ready for a change and something more challenging.

But I am unsure of these ‘other’ adventurers. I don’t really think I need any help. I hope they do not get in my way.

Default Today's news

Entry #2 of Flashpointe’s Journal

It was an exciting morning to say the least. I had not expected that our airship would be attacked by a Dragon. I will have to let Fweggo know that a warning about a Dragon would have been a good piece of information to pass along.

I had figured my first encounter with a Dragon would have been more glorious. Instead, I found myself digging through my bags and looking for a scroll of feather fall as our ship was being torn apart. I was able to encompass our whole team in the spell and even a nearby sorcerer named Akenthel.

At the shore there was some panic as Trappur was missing, but we later caught up to him in a back alley in Korthos.

We met some helpful people today as well - Jeets, Amalgam and Celimas. They outfitted us with some new gear, since what we had was lost in the airship wreck. We returned the favor by helping them “purge the wicked” as Celimas put it.

I hope the rest of this mission is a little less life threatening.

PS - Celimas is a hottie
    Last edited by jortann; 05-17-2011 at 11:29 PM.

Community Member Culver.Civello's Avatar

Default The Path of The Monk - Entry 1 - Confidential Letter for Alodi Bitterleaf

Dear Alodi Bitterleaf,

Many years have you protected the people of Adar from the influence of the Quori and the Inspired of Riedra. Your services and sacrifices have been great and we at the House of Lyrandar would like to congratulate you on your recent training in the mountains of the Dragons that have lead to the Path of the Monk. You have made this house and your father proud. However, we regret to inform you that we are pulling you from your position in Adar. In this world, there are many evils in which we must face, and sadly there is a great threat on the rise that needs our immediate attention. We are unsure of the severity of the threat at this moment, but we must take what precautions we can. Therefore, you are requested to report to House Lyrandar in Stormhome on the Continent of Khorvaire where you will receive preparations for the upcoming events and take a ship to the Lands of Xen'drik. Regretfully, we are unable to secure a private ship, so you will be taking a public ship. Because of this, we can't promise safe passage, and can't risk sending troops for fear of discovery of our plans. In short, however dangerous this mission may be, you are may be our only hope to investigate what is going on.

As you may know, the continent of Xen'drik has been a passage of right for the last years for adventurers seeking glory and treasures. A number of powers have set up a safe haven in the land known as Stormreach, where you may be able to get any supplies you need while you are there. Once you are there, we will be unable to provide any help as it may prove dangerous to the mission, though we may be able to contact you through one of the Houses there... though any messages received will need to be immediately discarded of. You will be on your own, though I might suggest joining many of the adventurers there whom may be an invaluable asset to the cause, though your reasons for being there must be remain private. Be warned however that you should choose your comrades with caution.

From what we know, Xen'drik is a land formally inhabited by a civilization of Giants whom have fought the Quori in the past. You may be able to get help from them, but once again, be wary. Currently, Giants, Drows, and many other fiends crawl the lands of Xen'drik, so without a doubt, this is a dangerous adventure you will be embarking on. We at House Lyrandar trust you to put a stop to these dark powers at work as you have many times in the past. When you reach Stormreach, we shall have our spies return to us with news of your arrival and shall message you whenever possible. We wish you the best of luck, and we know that you shall do Our House and your father proud. Until we then may the spiritual ancestors of our house, Lyran and Selavash guide you on the correct path.

Sincerely,
    Baron Esravash d'Lyrandar
    Matriarch of House Lyrandar
    Last edited by Culver.Civello; 05-17-2011 at 09:36 AM.

Journal of Akenthel, Entry 1
    The beginning.

The day started like any other day really. Up at the break of dawn, out to the forest to gather the firewood and herbs the master needed. It was a hard life, but a good one. My body had shaped itself to the needs I forced upon it, my arms strong from labor, my mind sharp from the endless cantrips and mental excersizes the master had me practicing. I never understood why there was so much practice when the magic seemed to come from my very blood. It sang through my veins, a calling to greatness. The master never explained the why of anything. He simply informed me of my duties and I performed them. No, it was not a glamorous life by any means. The locals would come, all with the same white faces and terrified expressions. They came with their needs on their sleeves, one for a death spell to keep the local rodents from overtaking his inn. Another needed the strength of a titan so he could win the spear throwing contest. Yet more came for personal reasons, such as the removal of curses and the never ending supply of those just looking for good luck or an edge to help them in the harsh living that was found in the border towns. The master did what he could, a goodly sort, and never charged more than they could afford. Most had nothing and came as beggars. That didn't change the events of the fateful day, however. Greed is never reasonable.

The thugs came in the dawn while I was away. I never knew who they were or how they managed to overcome the master, only that what they left behind sickened me. His body lay mangled, the simple hut we lived in had it's contents ruthlessly scattered about in the search for something of value, I came to conclude. I smirked at the fact that they had found nothing. There had been nothing to find except the spell books which anyone of non-magical blood would have easily overlooked. I twirled my fingers in the prescribed manner and uttered the command word, which revealed the compartment where the great tomes had been secreted. I grabbed up the books and sat for a moment, thinking to myself. My power had grown since I had come to live here so many years ago. My youthful pride muttered in my consciousness and my veins coursed again, tingling my flesh with the echoes of power.

There was no reason to stay now. I would not waste my life away on these simple folk, only to come to a bad end. I packed the spellbooks carefully away, picked up my walking stick, and closed the door gently behind me. With a few words, the door sealed itself tightly and I looked into the distance carrying the few things I had in this life I could now call my own. I booked passage on a ship. It didn't matter where it was going, so long as there was something to do. Something that would leave my name among the greats. Some great challenge that would test me lie ahead, I could feel that and I closed my eyes listening to the distant echoes of promise.
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Quote Originally Posted by jortann View Post
    OMG! How do you unlock the secret ballet dancer class?! *Far right*

Default From the personal journal of Trappur the Monkey (a dashing rogue)

**A day in the life of Trappur (Me, that is) #1 Sul, Dravago 15**

Well, it was a good day, rooting about and lounging with my pipe and such, as I usually do when there's no loose objects about. People are funny about their stuff, you know, always losing it somewhere. And boy the things they go through to protect it! It's just stuff...

Anyway, back to the point... I was bored one day, and was lounging under the willow tree, smoking away, feet up on a big rock, when along came an older gent, well, he wasn't that old, come to think of it. But his pockets must have been full of great things, interesting things. So I got up, stuffed my pipe away quick and followed him a bit. Soon, he started to talk to someone, but as I like to do, I came up to him, and not too slowly, I took a peek inside his pockets. No! I'm not ashamed! I came up with a note. A glorious note I might add. It said something to the effect of there being trouble on Korthos island. Now, to my self only, as there was a man standing nearby whose pocket I had just had the pleasure of looking in for interesting things that he had not secured properly, to myself I said. "Hmmm...Trappur, your lucky day!"

As it was, this note had also mentioned adventure! Well, seeing as there's nothing going on lately, I decided to throw the note down, pick it up again, making a lot of noise this time, and ask the man about it. He said he needed a team! Well, I could only oblige and offer my services. And of course, remind him that he should keep track of his stuff better!

**A day in the life of Trappur (sometimes called the Monkey) #2 Mol, Dravago 16**

Whew! After much tribulation (not to mention falling off an airship that crashed!) I finally met the team behind a building in Korthos village. Is this village ever in trouble; it seemed like everyone had something for us to do. Let's not even begin to mention the Sahau...um...well the fish people everywhere...I have so much trouble pronouncing that one...

Anyway,we got right to work helping out the good townsfolk. We cleared out the storeroom, two of them, one with a crystal in it and one with a scroll in that one. These fishy people have invaded the town. And do they ever smell. I had to pinch my nose several times after fighting them off. No worse smell than dead fish I say!

Then, we got down to some real business. There was a traitor in town..name of Drexelhand. What a slippery one he was, collaborating with those slimy fish people. Well, we tried to confront him in the tavern but he got away! We had to climb into the dusty, dirty basement to go after him. Imagine the trouble I had dusting off my special tools after that debacle. No one's seen so much trouble since the Quori invaded Xen'Drik! Well, we did catch up to him after all. Boy was he a tough son of a tavern wench. But we made it through. Looks like Korthos might be saved after all. More to come from Korthos!
    Last edited by socially_awkward; 05-17-2011 at 04:01 PM.

Shesska's Storytime, chapter 1:

I knew that signing up with these guys would be a good idea.

When that dragon attacked the airship, I thought all would be lost. That thing was HUGE! But luckily I was able to keep a cool head and stick close to Flash. After our almost-safe landing in the sea, with his magical aid we were able to make it to Korthos Island. When we arrived, we found a town desperately in need of aid by those such as ourselves. Missing people were rampant, and noone knew what to do. The high mage of the town was missing, and his daughter was going crazy looking for her. We searched this catacomb set but found nothing but these ugly fishfolk and the undead that they created to be their servant. Luckily the high mage was NOT among the dead, but I thought it was strange that the human Jacoby was at the entrance - maybe guarding it, HELPING the Sauhuagin? After assuring his daughter Kaja that her father was not among the dead in the crypt, we performed various other helpful tasks for some others there. After saving the crystal that was keeping the town from being completely buried in snow from cultist attack, we felt it was time for a drink.

Having NO aversion to imbibing myself, I agreed and when we got there, the bartender had heard of our penchant for helping. He asked us to stay after hours, as he thought that whoever was helping the damn fishmen may show up. We agreed, and he was right! The same man - and I use the term loosely - Jacoby showed up and attacked us with his fishman and cultist minions. We chased him down and killed him, but unfortunately he was just a low rung on the ladder. As he died, I knew that we were in over our heads, but in order to keep our heads attached we would have to see this through.

Of course, it helps that those that we killed (in the name of saving the town of course) had no need of their stuff anymore and it was ripe for the taking - a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do..
    Last edited by Trillea; 06-23-2011 at 04:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Philam View Post
    I nominate you as head developer of DDO!
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    That tears it. I need to get a donkey.
    Concentrated power is the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Teech View Post
    OMG! How do you unlock the secret ballet dancer class?! *Far right*
    Half-elf females are taught ballet as a matter of course! (It's their /dance - much better than the cheerleader /dance2..)

+1s all around!!

Default Entry #3 of Flashpointe’s Journal

Entry #3 of Flashpointe’s Journal

Korthos village had a lot of issues. I say had because we seemed to reduce a good number of them today. We are still looking for Lars Heyton though. He seems to be the protector of this village but has gone missing. We did not locate him in a crypt where Kaja thought he was, but we did put an end to some weird cultist stuff. We also found a scroll for a guy named Linus and protected the city ‘power source?’ (some crystal thing) from an attack of cultists.

Our biggest battle was this evening though, as we took on a full onslaught of cultist and Sahaugin. Also, we dispatched of Jacoby Drexelhand, the traitor who had allied himself with the Sahaugin.

I feel the village is safe for now but we hear there are more problems out on the island. Tomorrow we plan to strike out into the wilderness in search of Lars Heyton. Who knows what we will find out there.

Default The Daily News

The following article was found on this morning's front page of the Korthos Daily….

THE MYSTERIOUS 6 – WHO ARE THEY?

A small band of travelers arrived in Korthos a few days ago and have turned this small village upside down. No one knows where they came from as all travel routes to Korthos have been shut down by the ice and dragon for quite some time now.

Rumor has it that they just washed up on shore. One source said that it was the young wizard Flashpointe who saved them from an airship crash. With his quit wit and good looks he was able to quickly pull a scroll of feather fall and Merfolk’s blessing from his satchel and simultaneously cast them, saving all who were around him.

But that is not all that is amazing about this small group. Rumor also has it that they have been busy clearing the town of cult worshippers and Sahaugin. Many say they witnessed the slaying of many Sahaugin at the Wavecrest Tavern last night. One source even reports that Kiv Nerl was killed.

Today it is thought that they are out on the island in pursuit of Lars Heyton the long time protector of Korthos Island. Wherever they are this is one reporter who hopes that ‘The Mysterious 6’ find their man and bring salvation to Korthos!

Default Entry #4 of Flashpointe’s Journal

Entry #4 of Flashpointe’s Journal

We are out in the wilderness of the island today… weird stuff out here. We are stopped for lunch and I have a few minutes to write.

There is something that has been on my mind all morning. Yesterday a girl in town asked me “Where are you from?”

I must admit the question caught me off guard. The obvious and easy answer was that I was from Breland in Khorvaire, but that really doesn’t answer the question fully. I wish I could answer the question fully but the only real answer I have is, “I don’t know.”

The earliest memories I have are of the Empty Barrel Tavern that is located in a small village up by the Whitehorn Wood. I remember that several barmaids raised me. I always figured that one of them was my mom, but now that I think about it I never called any of them ‘mom’ and none of them called me ’son’. Usually, they just referred to me as ‘little one’. The barkeep Clasker just referred to me as ‘boy’. I knew no different, I thought that was the normal life for every kid - sleeping on the storeroom floor, washing dishes and serving customers.

I stayed there until I was about 10. I guess that was my age, but I really don’t know. I never knew my birth date. Anyway, one day this fellow comes in and is talking in hushed tones back in the corner of the tavern. I keep giving them real good service so I can eavesdrop, but they are good at staying quiet when I come around and I don’t get to hear nothing.

Then as they get up to leave one of them pulls Clasker aside, there is a lot of gesturing to me and the exchange of some coin. Then the old guy comes up to me and tells me to get my things. I look at him kind of strange and ask, “What things?” He chuckles and says, “Of course” and pats me on the head and directs me out the door steering me with his hand on my head. That was the day I met Master Fweggo.

Someday maybe I will go back to the Empty Barrel.

Default Entry #5 of Flashpointe’s Journal

#5 of Flashpointe’s Journal Entry

We found Lars Heyton! He was in hiding. We got there just in time, because right after we found him we were attacked by an onslaught of Sahaugin. Of course they might have followed us there. We weren’t exactly being quiet on the island. We slayed many Cultist and Sahaugin today. I did not know there was going to be so much bloodshed on this mission.

Lars must have been impressed because he decided to have our team join him for an assault on Misery's Peak. That comes tomorrow.

We also, rescued the mayor’s daughter, some villagers and Drusen d'Jorasco. And we put some ice back on some giant thing – I don’t know what it was. It gives me the creeps just thinking about it. It was a busy day.

Time for some shuteye. I need some good sleep before our assault on the mountain in the morning.
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Last-Wolf View Post
    I surrender to your wit sir, well played
    Toons on Thelanis... Bairclaw, Icemaachine, Slydawg, Tazzster

Default Akenthel's Journal - Entry 2

The Journal of Akenthel
    Echoes of Power

Entry 2

When I boarded the ship, I had no idea of the events to come. It seems that somehow I should have been able to catch some clue, some omen or portent, but there was nothing. I don't dabble in animal entrials or search the celestial bodies like some charlatans do, though. Divination was never my strength. Best left to those that have the inclination to sit for hours on end, studying and scrying. I would much rather be out in the world, slaughtering my enemies.

My memories of the time are vague, at best. I remember lying in my bunk on the airship trying to catch some sleep.I created layer upon layer of icicles over my bunkframe, guiding the elemental energies inside and around me. Next thing I know, people are screaming and there is a terrible roaring sound that resonated with fury. I remember coming above and seeing a huge shape looming, then the ship exploded into pieces. I found myself floating down alongside a few other people to a windswept shoreline. I threw my lot in with my newfound companions, as this seemed to satisfy my big question of "What do I do next?"

We arrived at a small village shortly thereafter. First thing, we come on a village girl and our charismatic leader is engaged in a discussion. I didn't see anything better to do at the time, so I started up a conversation with the others around me. Turns out they were being hired to come clear up a mess here in Korthos. This suited me just fine. I was flat broke, and only had supplies for a couple of days in a small sack. Hearing about a hefty sum of platinum as a reward for taking care of the local problems, I decided this must be what the fates had in store for me. From there, things only got more interesting.

There were an assortment of folks with all number of complaints. I left the specifics and the contracts to our self-appointed leader, Flashpointe. He seemed to get along with the locals just fine and I didn't have any desire to muddle through all the sobbing, bargaining, and hand holding that went with this sort of thing. We spent days exploring crypts full of spiders, kobolds,some sort of lizard men, and the restless undead. While we lay waste to everything in our path, we accomplished a lot of good. We rescued prisoners, stormed enemy strongholds, and mucked through endless sewers. All the while, I could feel my mastery of the elements and my hold on magic strengthening.

When we stopped at the local tavern, we were enlisted to find and stop a traitor. This led to the discovery of a human/lizard conspiracy. Next thing you know, we're off to find the village leader, a man by the name of Heyton, If I recall correctly. He had holed himself up with magic wards, which we inadvertantly destroyed. This led to a battle against dozens of the cold blooded lizardmen. Working together as a group, we cleared out the attacking forces with every weapon at our disposal.

Heyton bade us to enter an enormous mountain, culminating with a massive fight between a mind flayer and a white dragon. Though we could not hope to test the dragon's powers directly, we were able to shatter the mind flayer's hold on the beast, and it was not in any mood to discuss things. We made our escape while they were trying to tear each other apart. I wasn't there to see the final end, and I regret that now. I wish I could have studied the great white wyrm. It's glacial breath fascinated me and I had a feeling I could learn to channel a similar effect with some effort. Not to mention the glorious scales, perfect insulation against even the most bitter chills. My thoughts soon turned elsewhere when we arrived back in Korthos. A courier waited with very large pouches stuffed with platinum. Whether the locals are grateful or not, I can't say. Nor do I really care. The money was thanks enough for me.

The best news is that I was able to test myself again and again, feeling that familiar power surging through me and exploding into countless bodies. Nothing compares to feeling the raw elemental essence as it shapes itself to my will. I have learned so far to shoot a focused beam of cold energy across large distances, freezing enemies until they shatter into fragments. My earlier learning has served me well. I could supplement my leg's muscles to make long journies faster. That served a new purpose now as I found myself racing about on the killing field, spurning death and throwing it back into everything that dared to stand in our way.
    Last edited by danotmano1998; 05-20-2011 at 06:21 PM.
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Default Entry #6 of Flashpointe’s Journal

Entry #6 of Flashpointe’s Journal

Misery’s Peak!

Turns out the dragon wasn’t the real problem. It was a mindflayer. I got to see the dragon up close again. It was a better experience than the first time. Funny, how it is not as stressful when he is not trying to kill you. A lot of bloodshed again as well…

Also, got to see Celimas again. She is quite the feisty warrior.

I best get a letter off to Fweggo with the good news - Korthos is safe again! But that can wait until I am done throwing down a few ales with my comrades.

Default Letter to

Letter to Master Fweggo from Flashpointe

Master Fweggo:

I have seen the mission on Korthos to completion. The cultists have been routed, the Sahaugin have retreated and the Island is free of the icy clutch of the Dragon.

You were right that this mission was to be much different. I am glad that you believed that my powers were strong enough to handle it.

In addition, the team was a great help. I had doubts about them at first, but you chose a good group of adventurers. They all are very skilled. We also added one to our group, he was a sorcerer who was on the ship with us. His name is Akenthel. I think it is only fitting that he receive the same reward as the others as he was very helpful in all our endeavors.

I await your return letter. If I do not hear from you in a couple of days I will return to Khorvaire.

Flashpointe

PS - Just to let you know… a little heads up about the Dragon would have been nice.

Shesska's Storytime, chapter 2:

After spending the rest of the night in the inn after the fighting, all 6 of us felt refreshed enough to go venturing out into the wilderness of Korthos Island. On our way out, we ran into several people that needed help as well, mostly finding missing people that may have been kidnapped by the cultists. Feeling sorry for their losses, of course we accepted the requests. One was by the mayor himself! I knew that the rewards on this one would outweigh the others, but more on that later..

As we walked out into the wilderness, we came across 1 last guy that needed help, saying that he thought the sauhuagin were trying to awaken a sleeping horror that was slumbering beneath Korthos. As the entrance to the possible terrors' cave was right there, we went to investigate. Lo and behold, he was right! When we finally got to the end of the entire cave system after killing who knows how many sauhuagin there was a huge trollish creature the size of the airship that we came on! Luckily we were able to restore his slumber with the device that was made to do so that was sabotaged by the sauhuagin.

After that we went around the island to various hotspots, locating many if not all of the missing people. The first one we found was the mayor's daughter, who was guarded by the undead body of Jacby Drexelhand himself! Apparently he was more important to the fishmen than we thought, but it felt good to put him down for the final time. Too bad we couldn't get more information out of him first..

After releasing the mayor's daughter, we were finally able to locate the fishmens' main prison complex on the island. It was half-flooded, and there was a nasty skeleton that cast spells and almost killed one of us. We brought it down though, and proceeded clearing the rest of the prison.

When that was finished, we found an old abandoned factory, but when we approached the entrance we heard sounds coming from within. Thinking it may be another sauhuagin stronghold, we entered cautiously. We fought our way through spiders, and then metal guard dogs. We hadn't seen any of those in our fight against the fishfolk yet, so I wasn't sure what was up. We finally made our way to a back alcove and who do we find but Lars Heyton, the father of the girl that gave us our first quest! Unfortunately for us however, we had led the scaly bastards to him, and they threw everything they had in the area at us. We weathered the assault however and finally convinced Lars to help us bring the fight to whomever was behind all this. He told us to meet him at the entrance to the cave on Misery's Peak, which was rumored to be the lair of the white dragon that had attacked our airship.. The thought of having to fight that thing sent chills up my spine, but what else could we do?

We went back to town to bring the good news that we had found the high mage and released many of the prisoners that were left alive. The prisoners had made it back safely, and we thankfully received many rewards for our efforts. We then made our plans to assault the peak the next day..
    Last edited by Trillea; 06-23-2011 at 04:16 PM.

Default Entry #7 of Flashpointe’s Journal

Entry #7 of Flashpointe’s Journal

I received this letter from Master Fweggo this morning…

Flashpointe:

I am glad to hear of your success in Korthos. Your powers are strong. I have known that since the beginning.

It seems fate may have directed our next steps. I have been pulled away from Khorvaire for some extremely important issues and I do not know when I will return if I return at all. I now wish that I had found the time to see you off to Korthos. I would have if I had known that it might have been the last time we got to see each other. That thought saddens my heart so I shall not dwell on it.

I believe it is time that you strike out on your own. I definitely believe you are capable. Also, there are many trainers in Xen’drik. Let them know that you are my apprentice and they will not hesitate to share their knowledge and teachings with you.

I hear many rumors about darkness spreading in Xen’drik. I advise that you take your team, if they are willing, and sail for Stormreach. There are many there who need your help. Offer them your aid and keep your eyes and ears open for the greater evil that is lurking in those lands.

Write to me often, inform me of your progress and success.

In case things go bad in my current mission, I want you to know that you were an outstanding apprentice, but I consider you more than an apprentice - you have been a good friend but more than that, you have been like a son to me.

Good luck!

Master Fweggo

After talking it over with the others in the group they have decided to come with me to Stormreach. I am glad. We make a good team.

I hope I get to see Celimas one more time before I leave….

Default From the personal journal of Trappur the Monkey (feeling smaller than ever)

**A day in the life of a halfling Sul, Dravago 22**

The boat to Stormreach was a much gentler one than the last ship I was on, thankfully! It was a pleasant ride with the wind in my hair and my pipe in my mouth. I found a comfortable spot in a netting until one of the crew came and shooed me out. But it was all fun and games on this ride.

When I saw Stormreach for the first time it took my breath away (what little of it there is). The city was much larger than the halfling town I come from on Khorvaire (I won't bore you with its name because it's a tiny out of the way place compared to where I'm about to be.) From the distance, I could see the harbor with its many ships coming and going. A statue of a man, tall as one hundred halflings end to end, stood over the central part of the harbor and a magical light extended from his palms up into the sky for as far as I could see. What this was or where it came from, I don't know, but it was surely fascinating.

When we landed there was a helpful lass there who had heard of our exploits on Korthos and gave me two magic bags. I was ecstatic! Free stuff! And she pointed me the way of the nearest tavern. Because of course, it was time to celebrate our arrival.

Stormreach is such a place that this tiny halfling wonders what might be found here. And with our adventuring team, who knows what lays ahead?

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast