Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Results 101 to 110 of 110
  1. #101
    Community Member Bechtinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    132

    Default

    Come on fix this, its getting annoying if you cant hit anything...

  2. #102
    Community Member Malky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    France
    Posts
    1,126

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anto_capone View Post
    fixing the to-hit seems not so rough, drink a heroism pot and it fixes it for me. the damage is a pita tho..

    made me notice tho as well: the shocking blow trinket (greater bold i think) does NOT add +1 damage like it should, and it does not fix the damage bonus
    Bold trinket +dmg doesn't stack (and is a lower value) than the ship +dmg buff, that may explain why it doesn't force a reevaluation of your dmg mod.

    I'm using the sora kotra set atm, it works but it's still a big pain to swap everything when you need to change wraps
    On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero
    Yes, i'm french and i do eat frogs alive, so don't mess with me when i'm hungry
    Argonessen FTW : Leelith ~ Bagdad Cafe ~ Lipp Stick ~ Peroxy Acetone

  3. #103
    Community Member anto_capone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    346

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malky View Post
    Bold trinket +dmg doesn't stack (and is a lower value) than the ship +dmg buff, that may explain why it doesn't force a reevaluation of your dmg mod.

    I'm using the sora kotra set atm, it works but it's still a big pain to swap everything when you need to change wraps
    Ah yea, that would explain it, thanks! +1

    What stinks is now I can't get that particular ship buff if I want to run a quest that requires swapping wraps. I don't have the Sora set and grinding for three pieces of a set I will only use to switch handwraps urks me so I can't force myself to do it.

    I guess goggles of insight/bold trinket for me..

    I hope this is fixed very soon, it is very frustrating.

  4. #104
    Community Member Kaldaka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,399

    Default

    I found that on my Clonk (17 cleric/3 monk), If he casts Divine favor the to hit and damage enhancement bonuses on the handwraps instantly reappear according to my character sheet. But then swapping handwraps it goes away again, so I have to cast Divine favor one more time ...

    Maybe a clickie would work for those non-cleric/FvS types ..
    Last edited by Kaldaka; 06-07-2011 at 02:11 PM.
    Officer of ARCHANGELS - Thelanis

    Strummie . Gruffie . Jinksy . Perversion . Sluffie . Indulgent . Adjuration . Wary . Disparage . Subdue . Affinity . Bestial . Contrivance . Indria . Thermo . Outlandish

  5. #105
    Community Member anto_capone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    346

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaldaka View Post
    A workaround:

    I found that on my Clonk (17 cleric/3 monk), If he casts Divine favor the to hit and damage enhancement bonuses on the handwraps instantly reappear according to my character sheet. But then swapping handwraps it goes away again, so I have to cast Divine favor one more time ...

    Maybe a clickie would work for those non-cleric/FvS types ...
    That might actually work easiest, will have to try it out. Thanks!

  6. #106
    Community Member Velexia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,730

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Just to give a (minor, I know) update to this: We're continuing to investigate improperly-applied handwrap enhancement bonuses to determine the cause, and find the best solution. Thank you for your patience!
    Noticed this yesterday in Delera's; I crafted Ghost Touch Handwraps of Pure Good specifically for the quest only to find that the Pure Good was doing damage to Ghostly Skeletons, but not breaking their DR. Additionally, the Ghost Touch had zero effect on the Wraith's incorporeality. I also crafted Holy Handwraps of Pure Good to similar lack of DR breaking on Ghostly Skeletons.

    Handwraps and the way that monks deal unarmed damage needs a complete overhaul, because this is getting ridiculous.

    Here's an idea: Make Handwraps a normal weapon that deals 1dX damage (1d3 I think is base unarmed?). Give monks feats that increase the damage they deal when using handwraps. 1d4 = +0-1, 1d6 = +0-3, 1d8 = +0-5, etc. There's got to be a way to do this that isn't all that hard. Then handwraps can behave like real weapons, and we won't have to go through with this same old dance nearly every update.

    Oh, and returning shuriken cannot be made craftable.
    Last edited by Velexia; 06-08-2011 at 12:38 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    Get more Aliens quotes into Voice Chat: This makes the "evac" a much more tactical choice, and puts some serious pressure on the rest of the group when your Wizard leaves. "Game over man, game over! Now what the **** are we supposed to do?"

  7. #107
    The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Backley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Velexia View Post
    Oh, and returning shuriken cannot be made craftable.
    They can if they have a prefix or suffix. Same is true of all returning throwing weapons: +1 Silver Shuriken is rejected by the deconstructing device, but +1 Flaming Silver Shuriken works and can get you a Silver Shuriken blank.
    Author of Info Blue UI Skin (Really wish Turbine would update the skinning interface and enable all the new UI parts.)
    If you don't have an SSD, you should be using DDOPreload (fixes the slow first login issue)

  8. #108
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    136

    Default

    Wanted to echo that CRAFTED handwraps also don't work - most prefixes and suffixes don't work. Their enhancement bonuses work - what a cruel joke - but almost nothing else does.

    I crafted +3 holy undead bane for Wiz King, neither holy NOR undead bane worked. I crafted anarchic lesser construct bane for the Marut, and the DR wasn't broken (didn't fully notice if the bane worked) and I took a neg level... whereas normal random anarchic wraps actually dont neg level you. Crafted vicious bleeding and the vic worked but bleeding didnt.

    Maybe other players want new content, but I FAR FAR FAR prefer a game that WORKS. I have two chars, both are monk multiclasses that use handwraps. Given a choice between one new adv pack, and having my weapons work without an endless stream of major bugs... guess which I choose.

  9. #109
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    209

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Velexia View Post
    Handwraps and the way that monks deal unarmed damage needs a complete overhaul, because this is getting ridiculous.

    Here's an idea: Make Handwraps a normal weapon that deals 1dX damage (1d3 I think is base unarmed?). Give monks feats that increase the damage they deal when using handwraps. 1d4 = +0-1, 1d6 = +0-3, 1d8 = +0-5, etc. There's got to be a way to do this that isn't all that hard. Then handwraps can behave like real weapons, and we won't have to go through with this same old dance nearly every update.
    Something like this might be doable and just have to change the monk automatic unarmed damage boosting feats slightly.

  10. #110
    Community Member Miow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,408

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wyndzen View Post
    Wanted to echo that CRAFTED handwraps also don't work - most prefixes and suffixes don't work. Their enhancement bonuses work - what a cruel joke - but almost nothing else does.

    I crafted +3 holy undead bane for Wiz King, neither holy NOR undead bane worked. I crafted anarchic lesser construct bane for the Marut, and the DR wasn't broken (didn't fully notice if the bane worked) and I took a neg level... whereas normal random anarchic wraps actually dont neg level you. Crafted vicious bleeding and the vic worked but bleeding didnt.

    Maybe other players want new content, but I FAR FAR FAR prefer a game that WORKS. I have two chars, both are monk multiclasses that use handwraps. Given a choice between one new adv pack, and having my weapons work without an endless stream of major bugs... guess which I choose.
    Just wanted to necro this because this is still happening and it seemed like the most appropriate thread...i crafted +4 holy silver hand wraps of evil outsider bane, the outsider bane just disappears and i have to swap gear to get it to work again.

    Just saying it's still broke

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload