Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian99 View Post
    Let's be honest here. If your monk owned when you had the enhancement bonus to your handwraps, then it's still owning without the ehnancement bonus. I can understand needing to vent a valid frustration, but you appear to be going quite overboard, which could have the effect of minimizing more realistic assessments of the situation. It may be better to save dire predictions such as yours for when something class-breaking actually happens.
    A 20-30% higher miss rate will break the dps of any toon. And on top of this, a 4-6 loss of damage is even worse, especially since we are a low-damage, high hit-per-second class. I can't even remember if any other class had such a game-breaking bug.

Yep, count me in too.

My poor ranger is pretty borked, as he swaps between 4 set sof handwraps and 2 different bows extremely frequently during combat. This bug is killing him in the DPS department.

I may have to just go pure Pew Pew for a while - should raise a few laughs in my guild groups

I have a WSS build too, so I'll check that out as well and check if there's any bugs there.
    Quote Originally Posted by twinstronglord View Post
    Up to this point we've all been beating around the bush. Lolth has a very small box in which you can hit her.

Community Member

I discovered by accident that sets that add to hit and damage such as the Sora Kell set will fix both stats, but once again you have to switch an item every time you change wraps...ugh. So...I know the original official post said that set bonuses don't fix it, but well...they seem to for me. But, most sets don't affect hit and damage, just one or the other.

Community Member

Default Haha

Quote Originally Posted by Borkor View Post
    When I have my handwraps on, not only am I losing the handwraps native bonuses, I am also losing my shintao set +2 exceptional to hit and damage, my Morgana's belt + 2 to hit, and all ship buff direct bonuses to hit and damage (not the stat driven strength one - the training dummy and dhakani vigor).

In the past I have thought that some of the statements about a lack of testing relating to other issues may have been overstated. In this case I fail to see how a standard testing process would not have tested some handwraps and determined that they were broken. How can the standard release/update regression testing not have some testing of handwraps on the test case list? It doesn't seem like it would be that hard to have some base line characters which they could snapshot (for all kinds of things - not just hadwraps)- and then compare before and after states to deterimine only expected chages occurred. Of course this may be problem given they can't even get MyDDO accurate...

I seriously doubt these guys even have a standard test plan let alone a negative case test plan where they test for errors in areas of code they did not change. I don't even know if they have a rigorous code base check in and out procedure to prevent code regression.

Community Member

*sigh* any news from the Turbine squad? please?

My useal playtime has went from 20-30hrs + a week to maybe 5...

Sure i have plenty of alts i could play on... but my monk is my baby... without him its just... dull...

And no, none of the "Workarounds" seem to be working. PA... Shinato Set.. stance swaps. heck, i even tried CE.
    Havent tired a bard, but dammit i dont want to have to ask a bard to sing to me every time outta the million i swap handwraps.

And to the people that dont play monks and think this is minor.. Imagen if you suddenly lost 30dmg per swing of your precious SoS? Bet youd consider that gamebreaking...

Fix this already... god im done with House... and oh god for some reason i started watching pokemon...

Community Member

Default Hey Cordovan...

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We are looking into this.
    ...just out of curiosity what source code managment system does turbine use to manage it's code base and development updates. I am just wondering as i used to work on a large assembler level system and it seems if a lot of your problems are indicative of a poorly managed code base as well as a haphazard hot fix managment process.

I am also currious if you use a test plan managment system or some other testing system where you can do a standard test plan to test for regression.

Community Member

The ONLY workaround that I've found that is effective is switching with the Sora Kell set from the Lordsmarch Quests whenever you change handwraps. That really makes it a pain in the ass playing my monk right now, but he is my only high level character. I would love to use my crafted handwraps, but I don't have a holy burst ring to break DR (since the wraps don't do that) and I need to change it to evil outsider bane which requires more crafting levels so I can make the +10 shard of potency.

I can confirm having bard songs work...

I also swap out to the Vulkoor Might, & Cunning sets when changing wraps (includes swapping out bracers to get bonus dmg) from the Fens and that corrects things. A pain, and certainly not something to do during combat, but between fights, sure. NOT A PERMAFIX tho devs!!

I haven't tried it, but from what I understand, even the korthos insite goggles (or whichever ones give you the bonus to hit) is enough to trigger the correct bonuses.

::Proud Officer of Tactical Legion::
    Sookeh/Snooky/Shadwrack/Omagawd

Quote Originally Posted by Marnin_Wood View Post
    I haven't tried it, but from what I understand, even the korthos insite goggles (or whichever ones give you the bonus to hit) is enough to trigger the correct bonuses.
    Correction: the insight goggles will give you the right to-hit bonus when you swap in and out of them, but not the damage bonus. It seems you need an effect that directly affects your to-hit/damage modifier (i.e. strength buffs don't cut it) in order to temporarily fix the problem.

Any time you switch from handwraps to any other weapon (or vice-verse) you need to toggle some sort of bonus off and on, or get a bard song/good hope.
    Quote Originally Posted by grodon9999 View Post
    a ‘tank’ build that can’t hurt anything is about as useful as a blow-up doll with no holes.
    Quote Originally Posted by WirelessJoe View Post
    Play the character the way you like and don't worry about what the math gamers say; you won't be in the top cell of the DPS spreadsheet, but you probably don't play DDO in Excel.

Community Member

I found a new issue, but with crafted handwraps. When you switch an item that changes your damage bonus (tested with sora kell set) you lose your entire damage bonus until you re-equip them. There seems to be a similar problem with items that change your attack bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Siftrant View Post
    Isn't that what "testing" is supposed to do? I pay guys good money to test software for me? Can we all expect checks out of the budget that apparently isn't being used for QA?
    Jesus christ, pull your panties out of bunch. Sometimes things don't work properly. Show me a game that's never had bugs and I'll show you a universe where you can divide by 0.

Bug report it and move on with your life.
    Officer and Webmaster for Fallen Immortals, a guild of Thelanis.

Toons: Aryllia (main), Dayanmak, Devhead, Gezgin, Kutsal Ruh, Toprak

And also, my monk has not been experiencing these problems.
    Officer and Webmaster for Fallen Immortals, a guild of Thelanis.

Toons: Aryllia (main), Dayanmak, Devhead, Gezgin, Kutsal Ruh, Toprak

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by dozkal-mo View Post
    And also, my monk has not been experiencing these problems.
    your monk doesnt Change handwraps or doesnt use handwraps...

And i dont think Barbies World had any bugs...

Heh, well, this my work around...

1) Swap handwraps to other handwraps or Bow
    2) Equip Thief-Acrobat Amrath Belt
    3) Re-Equip Warpriest Belt (Adds +2 Exceptional bonus to hit, forcing recalculation of To Hit bonus)
    4) Re-cast Ram's Might (adds direct +2 Size bonus to damage, forcing recalculation of Damage bonus)

Toggling Power Attack doesn't work for me. A Bards Inspire Courage song also works to force a recalculation of To Hit & Damage.

Turbine - Please fix this...

And while your at it, fix it so that Stunning Shards can be put onto crafted handwraps!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by twinstronglord View Post
    Up to this point we've all been beating around the bush. Lolth has a very small box in which you can hit her.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlathen View Post
    **Snipped a bit**

Toggling Power Attack doesn't work for me.

Turbine - Please fix this...

And while your at it, fix it so that Stunning Shards can be put onto crafted handwraps!!!!
    ^^ This.
    Quote Originally Posted by grodon9999 View Post
    a ‘tank’ build that can’t hurt anything is about as useful as a blow-up doll with no holes.
    Quote Originally Posted by WirelessJoe View Post
    Play the character the way you like and don't worry about what the math gamers say; you won't be in the top cell of the DPS spreadsheet, but you probably don't play DDO in Excel.

Probably going to have to wait till update 11 since U10 is allready in the pipeline.

Spectral gloves fix to hit I know. I didn't check damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by REALb0r3d View Post
    Hi, welcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkat View Post
    Fail

Quote Originally Posted by REALb0r3d View Post
    Spectral gloves fix to hit I know. I didn't check damage.
    fixing the to-hit seems not so rough, drink a heroism pot and it fixes it for me. the damage is a pita tho..

made me notice tho as well: the shocking blow trinket (greater bold i think) does NOT add +1 damage like it should, and it does not fix the damage bonus

I noticed getting the Dhakaani Vigor ship buff also restores the dmg enhancement. I suppose i can try to use only 1 handwrap per quest, *sigh.

A little summary of ways to work around the bug:

to-hit: goggle of insight is easiest.

dmg: dhakaani vigor ship buff. or vulkoor's might is the next easiest. Getting the Sora Katra set fixes both dmg and to hit.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast