Community Member

Default Here's an original race. anyone can enjoy

Played MMO's since EQ opening day and a race no one seems to make playable although they exist everywhere in every game (give or take) is GNOLL!

seriously ive waited and waited for a game to put GNOLL! on the list.

I've seen cats, mice, rabbits(***!), mushrooms, butterflies, squirrels (yes i said it), undead (of all kinds), lizards, and the list goes on but... no dogs.

Why! put in Gnolls and we would be the only game I've found to have Gnolls as a player race. do developers really have an aversion to making this race playable in every country and company.

oh i forgot Hamsters. are we seeing a trend here. feels like they talk to each other and say what race should we make now. and some guy in the corner says let make "sqimpy" into to a race. then they all go YEAH! shaking heads in a spastic fashion. or possibly some guy gets to work late after playing all night and spits out the last thing he fought at 3 am after passing out at the keyboard, forgetting to prepare for the meeting, and he loves squirrels. ***!

So! all you dog lovers out there please reply , if you want something that hasn't been rehashed over and over again, like gnomes or better yet put out gnomes and gnolls in the same Update, dogs gota have chew toys dont they.

Community Member

IMO, gnolls dont look ...serious... enough to be a player race. I liked the way they looked in Baldurs Gate.

Also, the models might be different (customization wise) from player races and therefore would require a whole new rebuild of them anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by nisbik View Post
    Played MMO's since EQ opening day and a race no one seems to make playable although they exist everywhere in every game (give or take) is GNOLL!

I've seen cats, mice, rabbits(***!), mushrooms, butterflies, squirrels (yes i said it), undead (of all kinds), lizards, and the list goes on but... no dogs.

Why! put in Gnolls and we would be the only game I've found to have Gnolls as a player race. do developers really have an aversion to making this race playable in every country and company.

oh i forgot Hamsters. are we seeing a trend here. feels like they talk to each other and say what race should we make now. and some guy in the corner says let make "sqimpy" into to a race. then they all go YEAH! shaking heads in a spastic fashion. or possibly some guy gets to work late after playing all night and spits out the last thing he fought at 3 am after passing out at the keyboard, forgetting to prepare for the meeting, and he loves squirrels. ***!

So! all you dog lovers out there please reply , if you want something that hasn't been rehashed over and over again, like gnomes or better yet put out gnomes and gnolls in the same Update, dogs gota have chew toys dont they.
    You could load up the Phantasie line of games from the 80's. You could play (and should have as fighters) gnolls, lizard-men, troll, ogre, minotaur, pixie, some others.......

"You are on a path....."
    Hilarious Princess....Sorry your life is so medicore after all this time..Lol, you are scared of a farmer? with a tractor....?

Community Member Deissa_Ironhand's Avatar

Half-Ogres or infernals....plane touched...just a couple more to throw in .....

Yeah I'd want Kerra. That'd be cool.

Community Member

Darkfall has Mahirim (or sumtin like that) that is a doglike race. They were supposed to even be able to run on all 4's as their "mount". It wasnt implemented by the time i quit playing tho, so no clue if they ever did.

Ducks! In RuneQuest (PnP, there is no PC game) you can play Ducks

Goat, Sammich, Poultry

Quote Originally Posted by nisbik View Post

Gnolls are not from dogs they are from hyenas and hyenas are not part of the cannine family if you want dogs how about were wolves?
    Last edited by NaturalHazard; 05-19-2011 at 12:30 AM.

Community Member

Actually wow did it. They now have Worgen as playable race... On alliance side no less.. .Should Worg in lotr lore be evil creature though... guess wow is different universe :P

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/race/

With all of the Tieflings in game, I would think Aasimar would be an obvious choice for race.
    Tip# 203: Death is a traumatic experience.

[QUOTE=ProdigalGuru;3805832]With all of the Tieflings in game, I would think Aasimar would be an obvious choice for race.[/QUOTE

Aasimar would make a great race for favoured souls among others yar? And favoured souls are a store class unless you unlock 2500 favour right? So good money making thing for turbine?

Thumbs down

Im against it were already skirting the edge with drow. I enjoy the 2nd edition perception of Gnolls and to see them in parties with halflings and such would totaly ruin it.

Perhaps if they made a city of villains style DDO it would be good

I would totally enjoy playing a Gnoll or Ghoul in a Evil DDO

Half ogres is a better addition for an as is DDO

I dont know much about Eberon I guess Catfolk might appease the furries

But better would probably be those extra planar celestial humanoid hounds but may be too hard to balance out

Quote Originally Posted by Drozen20 View Post
    Perhaps if they made a city of villains style DDO it would be good

I would totally enjoy playing a Gnoll or Ghoul in a Evil DDO
    An Evil DDO? Now THAT sounds like fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Drozen20 View Post
    Im against it were already skirting the edge with drow.
    Eberron is not your typical D&D setting. In Eberron, your alignment is less determined by your race, and more determined by your activities... in other words, more realistic. You see Bugbears, Kobolds, and even Mindflayers on the streets of Stormreach.

This isn't Forgotten Realms where all Drow are inherently evil.
    The guy who likes to experience every class. Except Fighter >:[ I don't like you Fighter.
    Hey Devs! Let's give Warpriests and Eldritch Knights some loving, kay? :<

Quote Originally Posted by Zachski View Post
    This isn't Forgotten Realms where all Drow are inherently evil.
    Not all
    -= Proud member of the MAC guild on Khyber =-
    Aganthor (Completionist (4/13), Human Paladin, L7)
    Alts: Caitlan (Ftr) / Gimlinas (Barb) / Chakmar (Sorc) / Shureyoucan (Monk) / Nessyia (Ranger), Dystran (Cleric), Karkwa (Rogue-Acrobat), Mekkanik (WF FvS), etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Aganthor View Post
    Not all
    I refuse to acknowledge that Gary Stu.
    The guy who likes to experience every class. Except Fighter >:[ I don't like you Fighter.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachski View Post
    I refuse to acknowledge that Gary Stu.
    now, be fair... there's plenty of mary sue drow in FR as well. well... at least, there *were*... i mean, before WotC decided to nuke the entire setting... dunno if they still have some.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaid314 View Post
    now, be fair... there's plenty of mary sue drow in FR as well. well... at least, there *were*... i mean, before WotC decided to nuke the entire setting... dunno if they still have some.
    Meh.

As much as I dislike the whole "Drow are separate from elves and yet still an evil race simply because they're drow" thing, I much prefer consistency over Drizzt stu'Gary. Same for whatever Mary Sues exist.