Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Alkindus View Post
    The build seems pretty solid man. Can't wait to see it in action. Hopefully you can debunk my general thought that a person playing a melee fvs can't swing their stick and keep people alive.
    Bah...That's a player issue and not a class issue.

I solo heal on my WF FvS all the time. "Masses will be on me" is the last thing I say before we jump in and start beating.

Quicken + mass heals/cures = profit
    “No Battle Plan Survives Contact With the Enemy”

Made a WF version of this when FvS came out: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=249866

Love the build, still gear hunting and very fun to play.
    Bjornegar, Bloodtrail, Chronogear, Clarkk, Flied, Nugente, Soulgear, Ssmooth, Throrin
    PESTILENCE

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Seamonkeysix View Post
    Bah...That's a player issue and not a class issue.

I solo heal on my WF FvS all the time. "Masses will be on me" is the last thing I say before we jump in and start beating.

Quicken + mass heals/cures = profit
    Yep. It is kinda shocking to see how many folks can't walk and chew bubble gum at the same time tho.
    Git off mah lawn!

If, If's and But's was Candies and Nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by k1ngp1n View Post
    Le sigh. This build will have fine DCs for a divine.
    Honest question here, as I'm considering TRing Precious into a 20 FvS (with 2 wizard past lives )...

What divine spells make a high investment in DCs worthwhile? Especially a WF with Greatsword enhancements...

Quote Originally Posted by Braegan View Post
    It works for the end result I wanted to achieve which included no level ups in Str. And since tbh I melee more then I'm casting the extra damage and to-hit is worth more then 1 DC to me. However, I believe if you were making a caster first, melee as a last resort kind of build I agree completely with maxing wis.
    It just seems strange to invest 6 build points taking Str from 16 to 18, then putting all your level ups into Wis.

When a build maxes out a stat, each level up point is basically worth 4 build points - if you were able to spend 8 more build points to get a starting 20 Str on your human, would you do it?

I'm torn on the DC/melee myself, so I don't have any answers - just questions.
    "I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities" - Vaarsuvius, OoTS #674

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Phidius View Post
    Honest question here, as I'm considering TRing Precious into a 20 FvS (with 2 wizard past lives )...

What divine spells make a high investment in DCs worthwhile? Especially a WF with Greatsword enhancements...

It just seems strange to invest 6 build points taking Str from 16 to 18, then putting all your level ups into Wis.

When a build maxes out a stat, each level up point is basically worth 4 build points - if you were able to spend 8 more build points to get a starting 20 Str on your human, would you do it?

I'm torn on the DC/melee myself, so I don't have any answers - just questions.

Divine spells I use alot that use dc's are Destruction, Blade Barrier, Greater Command and Comet Fall. With the epic DW lifted it's nice to be able to land those.

I do agree it does seem strange my stat split. I have been through alot of different variants tying to make the best hybrid I could. I am sure this won't be my last version of False.

I probably wouldn't go to 20 str as I can't see where I would take 8 build points from. I just don't like the idea of a Divine Caster with zero DC's. While Divine casting is greater in questing it's now got some better uses in epics.

I guess it's a matter of what threshold makes the difference in viability. Everyone usually agrees a +1 to hit and damage or DC's wouldn't make or break the build. But when you apply that thought a few times and chop off a few +'s at some point you start missing attacks or mobs save more often then not. With the current build, aside from few exceptional ac mobs, I hit with PA on self-buffed on 2's. I also tested some DC's again this morning running around solo in Echrono. I didn't need to throw more then one Energy Drain to Destruct the teiflings, and a few of them I just threw destruction and it landed.

I don't know if that answers better, but it seems to me playing the build not just looking at numbers it performs to my expectations. I may at some point do a lesser and swap the Str and Wis to see if I hit less or land spells more. To be honest it may make a more refined version. Then again I may save that for when I feel like grinding again and I'll snag the PL Wizard.
    Git off mah lawn!

Quote Originally Posted by Alkindus View Post
    The build seems pretty solid man. Can't wait to see it in action. Hopefully you can debunk my general thought that a person playing a melee fvs can't swing their stick and keep people alive.
    Come to Thelanis. It's been raiding for ages.
    Nightbreak currently (July 2015) life 50 something with no idea of what the final will be.

Proud officer of ArchAngels.

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by ariel7 View Post
    Come to Thelanis. It's been raiding for ages.
    Currently residing on Cannith.
    Git off mah lawn!

Quote Originally Posted by Braegan View Post
    Currently residing on Cannith.
    Hope it treats you well. /salute
    Nightbreak currently (July 2015) life 50 something with no idea of what the final will be.

Proud officer of ArchAngels.

The way to get more points in Concentration is fewer in Balance. Balance really doesn't do anything for you once you get the adjusted value to 15. At that point, you stand up on the first roll every time. With high strength, you only need a few points worth of the skill itself.
    I am the 'Who' In the call "Who's there!?"
    I am the wind blowing through your hair.
    I am the shadow on the moon at night, filling your dreams to the brim with fright.

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

*Updated*

Based on some feedback in this thread and from friends in game I've tweaked the build and gear a little bit.

False Hope

36 pt Human, 20 FvS

Stats

Str: 17 (+3 tome, +3 exceptional, +1 litany, +6 item) 30
    Dex: 8 (+2 tome, +1 litany, +7 item) 18
    Con: 15 (+3 tome, +3 exceptional, +1 litany, +1 race, +7 item) 30
    Int: 8 (+2 tome, +1 litany, +1 exceptional, +6 item) 18
    Wis: 17 (+5 levels, +4 tome, +3 exceptional, +1 litany, +1 race, +2 class, +7 item) 40
    Cha: 10 (+3 tome, +1 litany, +2 class, +2 capstone, +6 item) 24

Buffed

Str: 30 +2 airship, +2 rage, +2 yugo = 36 (Titan grip clickie for burst +6 = 42)
    Con: 30 +2 airship, +2 rage, +2 yugo = 36
    Wis: 40 +2 airship, +2 yugo = 44

Skills:

UMD - maxed
    Balance - maxed
    Tumble - 1 rank
    Jump - 10 ranks
    Left over points in Concentration

Human) Toughness
    1) Maximize
    3) Greatsword
    6) Empower
    9) Quicken
    12) Heighten
    15) IC: Slash
    18) Power Attack

- Silver Flame Path
    - Resist Fire 10
    - Resist Elec 10
    - Resist Cold 10

HP:

160 - Base
    200 - Con
    20 - Heroic Durability
    10 - Argo Favor
    20 - Toughness
    45 - Shroud HP Item
    22 - Toughness Feat
    70 - Enhancements
    30 - GFL

577 Standing

577 + 20 rage + 40 yugo + 20 airship = 657

SP

Gear:

Helm: Epic Helm of the Mroranon, +7 Wisdom, GFL Slotted
    Neck: Torc/Sup Pot VI Amrath Neck/GH Clickie/Invis Clickie/Silver Flame Talisman
    Trinket: LotD/Pouch of Jerky/Eardweller
    Cloak: Epic Envonomed Cloak, +7 Con, Heavy Fort slotted
    Belt: Rahkir's, Archmagi/GH Clickie/Jump Clickie/Tokala's/Amara's/Kormor's
    Ring 1: Rahkir's, +6 Int, +1 Exceptional Int, +2 Exceptional Con
    Ring 2: Kyrian's, +6 Cha, +1 Exceptional Str, +2 Exceptional Str/UA/FF/Spell Storing/Balance +15
    Gloves: Epic Spectral Gloves, +7 Dex, SF: Evocation Slotted/Vile Blasphemy/SF Clickie
    Boots: Green Steel, triple air sp boots/Anchoring/Madstone ~ under rare occasion
    Bracers: Green Steel, Con Op, +45 HP/Grease Clickie
    Chest: Epic Robe of Dissonance, Toughness Slotted
    Goggles: Epic Goggles of Time Sensing, +2 Exceptional Wis, +1 Exceptional Wis slotted, +1 Exceptional Con slotted/Tharnes/Shroud triple neg, full immunity line

Main Weaponry:

- ESoS, Good Aligned slotted, +6 Str slotted
    - Staff of the Petitioner
    - Green Steel triple pos maul
    - Green Blade and Hound Shield situationally

Enhancements:

Capstone - 2
    Silver Flame Excorcism - 4
    AoV I - 4
    AoV II - 2
    Human Con I - 2
    Human Wis I - 4
    Human Imp Recovery I - 2
    Racial Toughness III - 6
    Spell Crit Light/Good II - 3
    FvS Smiting III - 6
    Life Magic IV - 10
    FvS Spell Pen I - 2
    Energy of the Scion IV - 10
    FvS Cha II - 6
    FvS Wis II - 6
    FvS Toughness IV - 10
    Wand & Scroll Mastery I - 1

80 AP

Thanks to everyone for feedback and help grinding this stuff out.

Just a SS since MyDDO doesn't think False exists.

Last edited by Braegan; 01-17-2012 at 10:24 AM.
    Git off mah lawn!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12