Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by simsiim View Post
    you don't happen to know which item can use the Hidden doors shard do you ?

I've only tried on a Ring and Cloak and I get no recipes can be found message
    A search of the thread shows goggles and trinkets. I'm surprised it didn't come up for the ring, though; I kind of assumed rings could take the abilities of any gear apart from weapons and armor.

You've got metalline as a suffix, whereas on a random weapon it is a prefix. Is this an error, or did they switch it around for crafting?
    Star Firefall
    20 Rogue Assasin
    Currently on life 42 of 42 (Final Life!)

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

Great guide

+1!! Very nice, thanks very much.
    Outatime Exodus
    This character is dedicated to a once great game destroyed by a greedy corperation.. Goodbye Star Wars Galaxays!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWu8NOa69vM

Quote Originally Posted by Lithic View Post
    You've got metalline as a suffix, whereas on a random weapon it is a prefix. Is this an error, or did they switch it around for crafting?
    Error on my part that I'm correcting now. Good catch, thanks much.

Ahh missed seeing it,
    I was thinking that the hidden doors was a Prefix

yes, I too thought for sure it would work on a Ring, but I did get that Recipe not found message

so you can't put guards anywhere except your armor? *sadface*
    The bird of Hermes is my name, Eating my wings to keep me tame.
    Thelanis
    Toons: Diclonius, Sempresno, Slitmuno, Slitmdos, Slitmtres, Skyfe, Calcatrix, Marcosias, Sumona, Tarokian, Etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaid314 View Post
    do a search in the bound items construction device for secret doors. hover over the portion of the recipe that is not a shard - it should tell you what it needs.

on a side note, goggles work, according to his lists :P
    that is one part I never had hovered over before, never have hovered over the item Icon, but that's worked.
    well dang it, not enough TP to buy, Poince was not giving any TP away tonight, guess That leaves finding some Goggles.

Very nice guide will be book marking this.

Awesome post, very much appreciated.

Community Member

Wow EllisDee37 you've been very busy!

This thread is hugely useful, big thanks!!!
    Thelanis : Rizzlah ~ Sativuh
    Khyber : LoopZilla ~ NattyDread ~ Axzilla
    Cannith: Sahjon Divinorium ~ PhyloSophik ~ Dijitalis NightShade

Community Member

Looks like Songblade is actually a prefix.
    Thelanis : Rizzlah ~ Sativuh
    Khyber : LoopZilla ~ NattyDread ~ Axzilla
    Cannith: Sahjon Divinorium ~ PhyloSophik ~ Dijitalis NightShade

Don't suppose you have this in a spreadsheet somewhere so it can be added to:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?...VE&output=html

Quote Originally Posted by pjw View Post
    Don't suppose you have this in a spreadsheet somewhere so it can be added to:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?...VE&output=html
    I used that spreadsheet for reference when u9 first hit, and when I started this project I began with a spreadsheet approach but quickly realized that this data doesn't really fit a spreadsheet very well. The problem is the same one as when you add a blank item to the machine to see all the shards it can take: too much garbage data.

Going by memory, there are a total of 45 pages of shards, and something like trinkets can hold 31 pages of them. Each page has around 20 items. It's just too much mainly because of skills (~20 skill with 7 levels of each) and spells (~15 types with ~15 flavors each) cluttering the lists so much that there is no real value. As a quick example, again going by memory, with armor there are like 27 pages and Blueshine doesn't show up until page 25. That's just not a useful interface.

As a programmer I considered writing a desktop app people could download, but eventually decided that the most efficient and useful way to present the data is how it is in the thread here, particularly the idented categories consolidating the skills, spell modifiers, and energy effects. Feel free to copy & paste the data into a spreadsheet if you like, but I think you'll find that it'll be a) more cluttered and b) more labor-intensive to actually use.

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalMystik View Post
    Looks like Songblade is actually a prefix.
    Thanks much, correction made.

Robes won't take all the prefixes ascribed to armor. So far unable to craft sacred or hallowed onto a robe for my lowbie cleric.
    Proudly Khyberian <3
    Veileira, Leiralei, Barbrose, Mayae TR1, Phaerune, Leiluu
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    I'm on it. Nerfing the new thing asap.
    Also, nerfing the old thing too, for balance.

Nice work! We've now added this to the Other Helpful Resources section at the bottom of our Cannith Crafting Guide in the DDO Compendium.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Looks like you left out Everbright as a suffix for armor and shields. I'm at work, but pretty sure they go into both.

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    I used that spreadsheet for reference when u9 first hit, and when I started this project I began with a spreadsheet approach but quickly realized that this data doesn't really fit a spreadsheet very well. The problem is the same one as when you add a blank item to the machine to see all the shards it can take: too much garbage data.

Going by memory, there are a total of 45 pages of shards, and something like trinkets can hold 31 pages of them. Each page has around 20 items. It's just too much mainly because of skills (~20 skill with 7 levels of each) and spells (~15 types with ~15 flavors each) cluttering the lists so much that there is no real value. As a quick example, again going by memory, with armor there are like 27 pages and Blueshine doesn't show up until page 25. That's just not a useful interface.

As a programmer I considered writing a desktop app people could download, but eventually decided that the most efficient and useful way to present the data is how it is in the thread here, particularly the idented categories consolidating the skills, spell modifiers, and energy effects. Feel free to copy & paste the data into a spreadsheet if you like, but I think you'll find that it'll be a) more cluttered and b) more labor-intensive to actually use.
    I think if the spreadsheet had a column for enchantment location (for prefix, suffix, bonus, or imbued), as well as item, seperated by a common delimitor, it would fit in the sheet and be useable by an app (like the shroud tool or the character planner).

nicely done

+1
    (Perma) - Khyber - Official Helpers Guild Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    Grease is an extremely valuable party buff.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast