Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by davidolson22 View Post
    I heard a rumor that proof against poison changed to a suffix. Not logged into ddo right now to check.
    It appears to still be a prefix.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_HeX View Post
    As per the above info, the shards like GoodLuck and regen can go on armor or accessories.
    But they are not updated in your existing recipes for armor or accessories.
    am i missing something?

Also can you highlight the changes you did in the recipes, like maybe a different color or font.
    The individual item recipe lists do not contain any flexible recipes, but instead focus on the native shards for that slot. I briefly considered adding them to the individual lists, but it would essentially amount to the list you quoted being added to every single list. I feel that would be too unwieldy. It would also be awkward to try and shoehorn in flexible stats, for example, to slots that only natively hold one or two stats. I could try color coding to differentiate them, but it could easily turn into a giant mess that ends up being less useful overall.

I envision the individual lists being used by crafters as they level to 100, giving them all the info they need at a glance to plan out their gear. Once you get up to the 90s and can start thinking about flexible shards, you will probably have a pretty good grasp of what goes on what and can just refer to the flexible shard post to see what your new options are.

Using similar logic I decided not to split up the flexible shards into prefix and suffix lists, since by the time you can craft them you'll probably know which is which already. In the end, it seemed to me that the most efficient way to present the flexible shard info was concise (alphabetical) lists with minimal clutter for easy lookup and quick reference.

EDIT: The complete list of all changes made to the individual lists can be found here. It didn't amount to much.

Any word on mobility shards now only able to go on armor? I tried putting it into a craftable+3 on the bracers of wind, but it wouldn't go. The shard does specifically say "armor"-- don't know if it always said that.

Mobility was changed after update 14 to be even better than it used to be, so I wouldn't be surprised if they limited its slotting. I wonder if it can still go into a trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by psteen1 View Post
    Any word on mobility shards now only able to go on armor? I tried putting it into a craftable+3 on the bracers of wind, but it wouldn't go. The shard does specifically say "armor"-- don't know if it always said that.

Mobility was changed after update 14 to be even better than it used to be, so I wouldn't be surprised if they limited its slotting. I wonder if it can still go into a trinket.
    Mobility never went on bracers.

I can confirm that mobility still goes on trinkets since I just last week made a Mobile trinket of Fire Absorption 33% for my cleric to swap in for shroud harry fights.

Based on your post I went through the shard machine to verify that it's listed correctly on the lists here. It was, except that Mobility now goes on medium or light armor (not heavy), but it won't go on metal armor. The armor list is now updated to reflect this.

Thanks much for pointing this out.

How does flexible shards work?

Are they prefix or suffix or can be both or is it neither?
    Can you still put 2 shards, ie 1 flexible and 1 pre/suf shard on an item or just 1 flexible shard only? Can you put 2 flexible shard on an item?

Thanks for incredibly useful post.

Quote Originally Posted by Krumm View Post
    How does flexible shards work?

Are they prefix or suffix or can be both or is it neither?
    Can you still put 2 shards, ie 1 flexible and 1 pre/suf shard on an item or just 1 flexible shard only? Can you put 2 flexible shard on an item?
    The flexible shards are the same prefix/suffix as their non-flexible counterparts. You can mix and match flexible with nonflexible, much like you can mix and match bound and unbound shards. You can have both the prefix and suffix be flexible shards if you like.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Rings
    (...)

Suffix

Natural Armor
    Update: This appears to be a prefix now. I tried putting it on a Health (+con) ring and got told that the prefix slot was taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Circon View Post
    Update: This appears to be a prefix now. I tried putting it on a Health (+con) ring and got told that the prefix slot was taken.
    They were sloppy when they changed some shards from prefix to suffix. The shard machine error checking still sees them as prefixes. I believe the workaround is to add the suffix first, and then the prefix after. I think I read somewhere that this still doesn't work; when you go to add the health shard the error checking sees the natural armor as a prefix so you can't add health, but it's worth a shot.

You can test it relatively cheaply by buying an extra ring from the ah and trying to make a health +1 ring of natural armor +1, putting the natural armor on first. If it still doesn't work, post back to the thread.

Tried the same thing with some bracers - game sees natural armour as a prefix not a suffix so unable to create according to this guide. Tried with some bracers.

You have to add the natural armor first and it'll work. I was able to make a health +6 necklace of natural armor +3 for my monk by adding the natural armor first.

Just want to say thank you. This contiues to be one of my favorit crafting resources. Frequenlty link it to anyone who asked about crafting.
    D.W.A.T: (Now with Non-Dwarf support)
    Founder of the (D.W.A.T) Elf Rebellion and Supporter of the H (alfling). I(ntel). T(eam).

It was pointed out to me that Aligned is a weapon prefix, not suffix. Originally it was a suffix, allowing Metalline of Aligned weapons, but at some point it was changed to a prefix. I suspect this happened a long time ago and I just didn't notice.

Anyway, updated the weapon list to reflect this.

Community Member

Default Augment-slotted blanks - how do those change things?

I noticed there was no mention of the new augment-slotted equipment in this thread...

Now, I've seen comments along the line of especially the colored augments being useless, because on lootgen/crafted they essentially add 4 to the item's minimum level.

However, as a newbie with only first-life lowish-level toons, I find it quite hard to keep up to character level with my crafting on "basic" blanks. And besides it's one more slot to put things in, sometimes at a lower level than with lootgen/crafted even with the penalty. (Sapphire of heavy fortification at "A"ML 8, while a green-bordered belt with nothing but heavy fort seems to be ML 9?)

And, specifically goggles is where I might do something...

Goggles

Recipe Ideas
    Blindness Immunity of Attack Bonus
    Underwater Action of Persuasion
    I have a topaz of blindness immunity and blank yellow-slotted goggles, and last time I checked I wasn't able to craft attack +2 yet, so... if that particular toon didn't have the Crystal Cove ring with underwater action, it'd already been the prefix on those goggles too.

Or am I missing something here? (Would a topaz of power stack with, say, power III?)

No, they don't stack, but you could make a wizardry II shard for 50 spell points and use masterful to take it down to ML1, for example.

The problem with heavy fort is that blue slots only drop on armor, and named armor is generally better but for low and mid levels crafted armor can be quite good.

The best use of augments IMO is as caster sticks, where you apply lore (and possibly an enhancement bonus) to a one-handed weapon with a red slot where you slot the matching spell power.

Community Member

No, they don't stack, but you could make a wizardry II shard for 50 spell points and use masterful to take it down to ML1, for example.
    Yeah, I figured they probably wouldn't.

Oh well, masterful won't happen any time soon for me anyway...

As of now I can on average (between what I have on various servers) craft up to about level with the augment cost figured in, not having any better gear yet a +2 (battle breastplate/skirmish whatever) of invulnerability with +con is about as good as I can "afford".

Oh and since I haven't seen any red-slotted rings, devotion and augment for the casting stat seem to end up naturally together for me on various toons. (Different weapons for different enemies, don't have to swap weapons to heal.) Should I change that?

Quote Originally Posted by mna View Post
    Oh and since I haven't seen any red-slotted rings, devotion and augment for the casting stat seem to end up naturally together for me on various toons. (Different weapons for different enemies, don't have to swap weapons to heal.) Should I change that?
    Red slots don't drop on lootgen rings, only weapons.

For self-healing melees I use Sword of the Thirty and Whirlwind, slotting devotion in their red slots.

Community Member

Red slots don't drop on lootgen rings, only weapons.

For self-healing melees I use Sword of the Thirty and Whirlwind, slotting devotion in their red slots.
    Well yeah, I used to do that with my Sword of the Thirty wielding warchanter, but I never remembered to swap weapons from beating on undead/oozes/golems/whatever to heal. So I switched the devotion to something I mostly keep worn when fighting. (And put some random elemental ruby in instead, don't even remember what it was, but every bit helps, right?)

Now, I'm sure you have much more experience than I have, but doesn't swapping weapons also cause about a second or two of delay every time, so twice if you swap to heal and then back...?

My other TWF attempts haven't gotten far enough yet to actually have meaningful amounts of "good" gear.

BTW, one of my toons does have a red-slotted shield in the bank, I haven't decided on the prefix yet. (Mostly uses a named shield with better AC than I could craft, anyway, but maybe for the undead-beating set...)

Quote Originally Posted by mna View Post
    Well yeah, I used to do that with my Sword of the Thirty wielding warchanter, but I never remembered to swap weapons from beating on undead/oozes/golems/whatever to heal. So I switched the devotion to something I mostly keep worn when fighting. (And put some random elemental ruby in instead, don't even remember what it was, but every bit helps, right?)
    For undead quests I generally use a devotion trinket.

BTW, one of my toons does have a red-slotted shield in the bank, I haven't decided on the prefix yet. (Mostly uses a named shield with better AC than I could craft, anyway, but maybe for the undead-beating set...)
    Life Shield, by a country mile. Unless you're a pale master, in which case undead guard was the only prefix I found that offered any value at all.

Community Member

(Greater) Spell Focus is another potentially useful prefix that goes on a shield.
    My level 20 sorc carries a Greater Conj Focus celestial buckler of Superior Stability, with Impulse 90 planned in the Red slot

Community Member

Default Thanks and a suggested improvement.

I find this thread very helpful in my crafting but there is one improvement I would like to see. In the Flexible Shards post it would be most helpful to differentiate between prefixes and suffixes somehow. Perhaps by color coding the text.

Thanks for a very helpful post.

Community Member

Crafting recipes by gear will let you see at a glance all the shards that can be added to a given piece of equipment. Note that only one prefix and one suffix can be added to any one item.
    I just tried crafting a Necklace with Proof Against Poison as my prefix and the game is saying it's a suffix. Both this site and the Cannith Crafting Planner at http://cannith.cubicleninja.com/ say that Proof Against Poison is a prefix. Looks like it's time to update things. Turbine needs to identify prefixes and suffixes explicitly on the shard identification popup because this is a pain trying to figure out by guessing.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast