Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Very nice, thank you.
    Originally Posted by Rock:
    Scissors are fine, but Paper needs to be nerfed!

Hero

Sneak Attack is only available on weapons? Attack Bonus is only available on goggles? Bleh. I hope Turbine expands that to reflect what's in the game today (SA on goggles, bracers, gloves; Attack bonus on gloves).
    U19 Kensei: Centered Cleaver | TR Junkie Leveling Framework

~Ying~ (10 lives), ~Hamada~(9 lives), ~Vadanken~ (6 lives), ~Kobeyashi~ (10 lives)
    Over Raided of Orien, First Level 100 Guild

Quote Originally Posted by spear67 View Post
    Looks like you left out Everbright as a suffix for armor and shields. I'm at work, but pretty sure they go into both.
    Everbright is in the shields list. Note the top of the shields post: Shields and Off Hand Weapons can take any ability in the Main Hand Weapons lists, plus the following additional abilities:

Everbright is not an armor ability. To make armor immune to ooze and rust monsters you have to add the Blueshine prefix.

Quote Originally Posted by Seikojin View Post
    I think if the spreadsheet had a column for enchantment location (for prefix, suffix, bonus, or imbued), as well as item, seperated by a common delimitor, it would fit in the sheet and be useable by an app (like the shroud tool or the character planner).
    I still think it would be unwieldy, probably quite useful but definitely more unwieldy than how it is in this thread because instead of a few dozen lines to look at there'd be several hundred rows to deal with for any given piece of equipment.

I could see value in putting together an app for this data, but not as much value as there is in, say, the character planner. Because there isn't much complexity to the crafting system, just a simple "big picture" overview of the abilities that go on the various items seemed sufficient to me. The only real obstacle for crafters is knowing what they can put on what equipment. Once you decide on a recipe, everything you need to know about it is easily accessible in the game.

Except Min Level, I suppose. I'm bummed that they changed how that info is presented to users in 9.1.

can u put greater nimbles to a mith armor? the bonus stacks?

Don't know if its been said or not, but I just tried to add bloodrage, apparently its a prefix and not a suffix.
    Khyber: Runforr 13/6/1 Rog/Ftr/Mnk, Bakup 3/3/1 Mnk/Pal/Rog (TR Pal), Faylah 14 Mnk (TR Mnk), Janthyra 12/7/1 Brb/Rog/Ftr, Ainbthech 20 Sor, Fliethas 18/2 Fvs/Mnk, Unfilled 12/6/2 Mnk/Rgr/Ftr, Arcanemark 10 Wiz "Don't eat us dragon! We're like you, but smaller. And fly worse." - Kobold Crewman on the Heart of Wind

Quote Originally Posted by Diyon View Post
    Don't know if its been said or not, but I just tried to add bloodrage, apparently its a prefix and not a suffix.
    Corrected, and apologies, sounds like you got an unpleasant surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Corrected, and apologies, sounds like you got an unpleasant surprise.
    A little bit, just cost me 2x life shield shard materials, but I got a nice chunk of exp out of it since I was crafting it at 50% success. Then I just went and disjunctioned it again.
    Khyber: Runforr 13/6/1 Rog/Ftr/Mnk, Bakup 3/3/1 Mnk/Pal/Rog (TR Pal), Faylah 14 Mnk (TR Mnk), Janthyra 12/7/1 Brb/Rog/Ftr, Ainbthech 20 Sor, Fliethas 18/2 Fvs/Mnk, Unfilled 12/6/2 Mnk/Rgr/Ftr, Arcanemark 10 Wiz "Don't eat us dragon! We're like you, but smaller. And fly worse." - Kobold Crewman on the Heart of Wind

Quote Originally Posted by paraplegic View Post
    can u put greater nimbles to a mith armor? the bonus stacks?
    Yes it does, just tested it now and added a note to the Armor list.

Mithral Full Plate of Greater Nimbleness has a Max Dex Bonus of 5 and an Armor Check Penalty of 0.

Trinkets

Note that craftable trinkets are tougher to find than other items. They can be bought in the DDO store, "deconstructed" from a shard of power from The Shroud, or found in quest drops. (I found mine in Red Fens as an end reward for Into the Deep.)

Prefix
    Increase effectiveness of any one spell type:
    .....Corrosion, Glaciation, Magnetism, Combustion, Resonance, Impulse,
    .....Devotion, Reconstruction, Benevolence, Radiance, Nullification
    Any one spell Focus: (Increase DC to resist spells from that school)
    .....Abjuration, Conjuration, Enchantment, Evocation, Illusion, Necromancy,
    .....Transmutation
    Any one Efficient Metamagic:
    .....Empower, Enlarge, Extend, Maximize)
    Blindness Immunity
    Casting Dexterity (Reduce arcane spell failure chance)
    Feat: Mobility
    Hallowed
    Natural Armor
    Potency (Increase spell damage)
    Sacred
    Silver Flame
    Spell Penetration
    True Seeing
    Pretty sure True Seeing is a suffix for trinkets, as it is a suffix for goggles, stands to reason that it would fall into the exact same places as secret door detection... but without being able to craft the shards we can't tell.

Quote Originally Posted by esheep View Post
    Pretty sure True Seeing is a suffix for trinkets, as it is a suffix for goggles, stands to reason that it would fall into the exact same places as secret door detection... but without being able to craft the shards we can't tell.
    It is indeed, correction made and thanks much.

Not sure what you mean by the last sentence, you can tell the prefix/suffix status of a shard by hovering the mouse over it in either shard machine. That's how I made these lists in the first place.

Not sure what you mean by the last sentence, you can tell the prefix/suffix status of a shard by hovering the mouse over it in either shard machine. That's how I made these lists in the first place.
    Interesting, I can't seem to find anything of the sort in my client, I can find where it says what a shard can be put on... but cannot find anything specifying a prefix/suffix

Quote Originally Posted by esheep View Post
    Interesting, I can't seem to find anything of the sort in my client, I can find where it says what a shard can be put on... but cannot find anything specifying a prefix/suffix
    In either shard machine, hover the mouse over the shard icon on the left. It'll either say:

Ability Shard
    Shard of Ability

The first one denotes a prefix, the second a suffix.

Added Maladroit to the weapon prefix list. It didn't show up before because when the blank weapon I added to compile the weapons list was slashing. That means there could be other non-slashing weapon shards I missed, so keep an eye out for those.

Added Maladroit to the weapon prefix list. It didn't show up before because when the blank weapon I added to compile the weapons list was slashing. That means there could be other non-slashing weapon shards I missed, so keep an eye out for those.
    pretty sure there's a stunning one as well.

this is great! thank you. I don't know if you are interested, but for some of the more obscure effects (ie. vengeful), if you could give an abbreviated description, that would be helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by psteen1 View Post
    this is great! thank you. I don't know if you are interested, but for some of the more obscure effects (ie. vengeful), if you could give an abbreviated description, that would be helpful.
    I actually started out doing that, but decided against it (and removed a bunch of them) because the lists were so cluttered it made it harder to process.

A separate glossary post where all the effects are listed alphabetically along with their in-game descriptions would probably be pretty sweet, though I'm not sure how motivated I am to do that.

Still no list for rings?? Pout..
    Outatime Exodus
    This character is dedicated to a once great game destroyed by a greedy corperation.. Goodbye Star Wars Galaxays!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWu8NOa69vM

Quote Originally Posted by Jaid314 View Post
    pretty sure there's a stunning one as well.
    There is, added to list and thanks much.

I ended up adding a bludgeon weapon to the machine and checking all 31 pages for bludgeon effects. (Tedious!) In addition to Stunning, Bone Breaking also got added to the list.

Just happened to remember Puncturing, so added that too but I haven't done a complete pass for piercing yet. If anyone can think of any other Piercing-only effects it would be much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Veileira View Post
    Robes won't take all the prefixes ascribed to armor. So far unable to craft sacred or hallowed onto a robe for my lowbie cleric.
    I added a new category for Clothes, cannabilizing the last "Corrections & suggestion welcome" post to make room.

Quote Originally Posted by adamkatt View Post
    Still no list for rings?? Pout..
    heh, finally got to it, rings are now up.

EDIT: Spoiler alert, there was one ring-only shard: Regeneration.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast