Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Orien Lag

Unhappy Orien Lag

Well, after 2 elite attempts at Shroud tonight and a lot of resources used to a fail both times we give up. The lag on Orien is getting way out of hand. It was happening on and off before U9 so I can't blame that. my frame rates and latencies are fine (within norms). I know for a fact it has ntohing to do withjust me as everyone out of the 12 in my party were having the same massive stutter step lag. Decided tot try just a normal 6 man quest with some better luck but raiding on Orien (which I assume is the same elsewhere) is just not a viable option with the way the server seems to be acting.

When lag gets this bad I often wonder why I am paying for the game and have been for 3 years now. I know though it is affecting all. I just hope something can be decided quickly to fix these issues or why am I paying to play a game that I have no desire to play anymore, atleast in its current state.
    On Orien: Spanken Leader of Epic Fail
    Alts: Badbigboom, donations, hurttin, Atkron and many variations of spanken too many to list.

We've been finding the same issue with all of our Raids... It particularly hurts in Epic Zawabi's Revenge...

I'm not sure what's going on... but it's across all servers, and EVERYONE is having trouble.

We've had to resort to running ToD on Hard just so that the 5 second delay in heals doesn't kill anyone.
    Dynacel (12 Pal/6 Rgr/2 Mnk), Eminence (18 Evoker FvS/2 Mnk), Janaya (12 Mnk, 6 Rgr, 2 Ftr Arcane Archer), Nymari (18/2 Druid Monk), Soulfusion (18/2 Artificer Monk)

Leader of Intel Rq'd

Yip, been seeing the same thing over in G'Land.... glitching, lag spiking, animation delays, spell lag and jump lag.. all over the place. The crafting hall for me is a lag fes when ever I try to make shards or imbue them onto weapons.

One theory I would put into the pot is based around the U9 changes to casters.. lots more acid rain, fogs and ice storms than ever before.. throws my laptop or desktop haywire...

Would be kinda nice if someone from Turbine would pop into the thread and give us all a heads up as to whats going on and what's being done to remedy it... and I dont mean telling us all your gunna nerf TWF or even 2HF this time to overcome it!

Proud Leader of the Misfits & Mercenaries Guild on Ghallanda, Thelanis & Orien.
    Veteran DDO:EU BETA player - The original Misift, long since Chaos hardened - Now busy burning a new path to glory over on the flipside!

Only saw it in Shrouds though, pre U9 HoX and VoD were messy as well but only once, Shroud keeps on lagging and it is not my PC, I checked it.

The Hatchery

Been noticing it while level my Sorcerer too. Lag is eating 70% of my spells when it's bad; I have to slam my Spell Like Ability button 3 times before it takes effect, and then there's no animation. Sometimes it just doesn't do anything but takes SP anyway.

Well, clearly the problem is with monster AI and all the people running thru quests generating massive amounts of pathing issues as the mobs try to figure out what to do. Dungeon alert clearly did not fix this as players didn't really stop to fight the monsters or work to keep the dungeon alerts in the GREEN or lower state.

It cannot possibly have to do with server saturation or massive graphics demands or code running unneeded or poorly written routines.

So the only solution is to eliminate all mobs and simply take players thru to the final fight where the end boss has the cumulative HP and powers of every monster you would have encountered had you only played the game the right way -- that is, the way that doesn't induce lag through use of unapproved tactics or graphic intense spells and only predicted by the pathing choices of the routines as they were written.

Of course, failure rate will be high but you'll get all the intermediate chests and XP for all the intermediate objectives so that will be some compensation. And, if you manage to actually complete a quest under these new conditions you'll actually have done something to brag about in the accomplishments forums.

That is, if the lag doesn't kill you....

Epic Zawabii's Revenge is definitely one of the most laggy ones.

The so called Stacking method doesn't help as well dues to too many hits, spells and heals computed simultaneously when bursting.

Actually the lag starts right at the entrance.
    I'm starting to believe that whenever theres LAVA (or fire wall effects) theres lag.

Von5 lava bridge jump part is also laggy. Almost always someone fall in lava there due to lag. Strangely the dragon fight on ePoN have not been too bad though.

Please Turbine Fix the Lag.
    Vyking FvS | Spectron Sorc | Khant Wiz Completionist | Drower Bard | Squasher Ftr | xPando Monk
    ------ Leader of Easy Raiders Guild ------

We had some serious lag problems the last few days when I was doing an epic marathon. It's a lot like the old dps lag we used to have. When we stopped using all our haste boosts and passive little spammy things like bardII songs, damage over time spells etc it seemed to go away.

(For the most part... always some lag in big groups...)

Maybe one of the new abilities or some graphics changes as part of u9 are a nightmare on our computers? I don't remember it being -this- bad before.
    Last edited by Crazyfruit; 05-12-2011 at 01:54 PM.
    olganon.org - Remember to play in moderation.
    olganon.org - A videogame shouldn't be your life.

Been noticing the same, can't help but think it has something to do with all the DOT's and the increased number of calculations they, and other new aspects of the game, bring.

Much of the same reasoning behind the U5 TWF nerfs seems to apply here.

More calculations=more lag.

I'm having problems with lag as well, I feel frustrated when farm Scroll in ADQ and my game freezes ... simplimente... and come back dead.
    Toons:
    Sonilasfx/Sonilax/Soniilax/Sonnifly/Soniburn/Soniitank/Soniwraps

Community Member

last night was our ToD night. . .so you can imagine how I feel about this. . .

There have been a couple of odd bugs reported in the Tech Support forum (audio "ghost voices" and mousewheel zoom issues) that could be pointing to a memory leak in DDO, made worse by something in U9. Could this be a factor in the lag issues?
    "Swords will cut you wide open!" - Trip Fisk

There was intense lag on Thursday 12th in Shroud. I mean people died in Part 1! Squishies yes, but no noobs. Tried it again last night and the only lag was at the end of each part when you go to chest/shrine and it always lags there for a few seconds anyway.

I've never seen it that bad, but maybe I'm lucky?
    Karadon, Paladin [5] Mar - Jul 2006 - Aureon [EU]
    Karadon, Paladin [20] Feb 2010 - June 2012 - Orien
    Karadon, Paladin [20] June 2012 - July 2013 - Orien [TR1]
    Karadon, Paladin [16] July 2013 - Present - Orien [TR2]

Community Member

Yea the lag has been a bit too strong lately, wish something could be done.

Khyber is getting feedback lag too.

Taking a few mashings for my haste boosts, monk ki strikes, and songs to start.

Hopefully the patch tomorrow morning helps.
    Smrti///Warcrye///Dukkha///Nomey///Dhaarmika///Smrtiheals
    Focused Melee Discussion as of U17
    Proud Gimp of Crimson Eagles and now Loreseekers!

It's not the sorcerer's fault, the lag started to get bad around 1 week or so BEFORE u9 on all servers. I remember speculation about possible server work being done to accommodate U9.

Now, it IS entirely possible that on top of the lag we are all experiencing, some people are experiencing additional lag from ice storms and such, but any caster with some DPS spec had been using those pre-U9 anyway.

As for the new dots they still hit/proc a lot less often than any melee, never mind a dual wielding melee with min IIs.

On the other hand, if the crafting thing required a back-end database 'upgrade', I think we all remember how well that went last time..

Also, it's entirely possible that they are not loading all the crafting information to the clients so they can calculate things locally, and are instead doing tons of database queries during crafting.

In the end, regardless of wild speculation, it would be nice if Turbine acknowledged that they are aware of the problem and are looking into it.
    Last edited by Solmage; 05-15-2011 at 11:41 AM.
    Devs: Thanks for making Druids available to VIPs without the pack. This more than anything, has made me want to buy the pack.

Community Member

With a lot of lag and good spirits our elite shroud last night completed. Also gratz Spanken you guys completed right before we did. hopefully the next time the lag issue will be resolved.

I lose connection about 3 times per play session, and can barely move in Shroud part 1.

The Sub is nearly unplayable at 1 FPS.

Was bad before but I didn't lose connection, and it was bearable, now I want to pull out my hair sometimes.
    Tip# 203: Death is a traumatic experience.

Not all of it is client lag, it seems to be server side spikes.
    You still see mass dc's on raid parties, followed by multiple people talking about it in chat channels.
    Definitely doesn't look like something we can control.

Lag has become almost unplayable today. Its not constant but its hitting a lot and when it does it can cause party wipes.

Heals aren't landing on party members or even on the healer when cast on themselves. Only about 1 in 5 spells cast by casters are landing even though we're being charged mana for them. Players randomly start rubberbanding. NPC dialog in quests takes about 5 seconds to register and be placed on screen. Mobs are somtimes just standing in place only to dramatically move 5 seconds later and you are suddenly without a chunk of health. Doors and chests take forever to open. Seems to be worse in some areas of the game then others. Raids seem particularly hard hit. Its happening when people are soloing as well so its not caused by party or dps lag.

My Latency is 71ms, Loss is 0.0% during the lag bursts. Its definetly server side not client side. The servers needs some work. Hopefully tomorrows patch will take care of it because today its almost unplayable.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast