Community Member

Lightbulb Consolidated Greensteel Items

Greetings everyone!

Intro
    There is no perfect time to discuss Greensteel crafting than now. Ahh the good old days when GS crafting was not broken.
    I hope this will encourage the vets and the experienced to start a discussion and to weigh in the pros and cons. Topic is on non-weapon GS items.

Goal
    So what is the purpose of this thread? I would like to consolidate the possible Greensteel items per class, and what are the implications on taking that slot. A good example is, why would it be not advisable to craft a GS necklace for my cleric when it will clash with the torc.

Why?
    I searched the forums for advice on which GS items is nice and what slot. I realized that the suggestions are all over the place. I want to consolidate them here to help newbies, such as myself, decide.

Links:
    1. Barbarian Greensteel Items
    2. Bard Greensteel Items
    3. Cleric Greensteel Items
    4. Paladin Greensteel Items

Cheers!
    Last edited by arjiwan; 05-11-2011 at 09:14 PM.

Community Member

res

Community Member

Thank you everyone for contributing! I hope we can have more discussions and points that can help in crafting Greensteel items.

I hope to have more time to continue on other classes

Default Bard Green Steel

Generally speaking most bards will probably want 45 HP item and a +CHA skills Conc OP item.

It comes down to what you want to put in other slots. Options:

- Goggles: are a good choice usually. It means giving up tharnes but in some cases that's not all bad. The epic brawler gloves (from the pirate event) give +7 STR and +4 SA (+1/+2 less SA than tharnes).

- Cloaks: can be a good choice although there are some good cloaks these days. Some bards will want the Anthem cloak to regen songs. The Epic Envenomed cloak is also nice.

- Gloves: Can work. I made my HP item on gloves on my Virt. There are a lot a decent gloves and this is one slot that at times I hate to lose. When focusing on spell healing on a bard, glove spots can be filled with gauntlets of eternity. That makes it hard in some cases (AKA healing in Epics and hard quests and trying to give up 45 hp). With crafting this might not be as much of an issue. My virt wants to make a crit chance trinket to swap in place of bloodstone when in heal mode over dps mode.

- Bracers Gives up the +4 damage and insight of Epic claw set. Some other decent bracers are in the game. Overall I think this is a pretty good spot for a bard.

- Boots: I know some people like having GS boots but personally I don't due to ToD. You could get by not having your conc op item on in ToD (as long as the +5 CHA skills isn't needed for UMD heal scrolls). There is also the every popular firestorm greaves for a boot spot.

- Helm: Most will use a Minos or a pirate hat in the helm slot. Overall not the worst spot ever. Nice if you make it 45 HP Heavy Fort and can fit 20 HP in an epic blue slot somewhere.

- Necklace: Overall a pretty poor choice for a bard. You'll want a torc/TOD set.

Overall: On my WC I am very happy with 45 HP Heavy Fort Bracers and Conc OP +5 CHA Skills goggles. His setup is as follows:

Head - Pirate Hat (Seeker 6, Perform 15 or Concentration 15)
    Neck - Torc or WC ToD
    Goggles - GS Conc OP (5 cha skills, sp, blind/disease immune)
    Trinket - Pirate trinket- Bold Trinket or Stalwart Trinket
    Cloak - Mabar Cloak or Anthem Cloak, Epic Envenomed Cloak w/toughness if I can get the seal
    Armor - Pirate Armor fully epic with +2skills/saves blue
    Ring 1 - +6 CHA TOD ring.
    Ring 2 - Ravager 6 STR +1 STR +2 STR
    Belt - +6 CON Ravager Belt
    Boots - Striders/ToD/whatever
    Bracers - 45 HP GS item + heavy fort (dual shard)
    Gloves - Pirate Brawlers gloves (+7 STR, SA +4, Yellow slot )

Some Bard GS item topics:
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=302473
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=302335

Weapons

For weapons it pretty much depends on the bard but most Melee will look for a DPS and a DR set. This is the standard Lit II/ Min II setup. On my WC I focused on items for green steel and epics for weapons (Xuum/SoS and Antique GA)
    Last edited by Valindria; 05-11-2011 at 10:25 AM.

Community Member

Thumbs up

Thank you.

I updated the thread

Cheers!

Anyone care to update with gear changes or other classes?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Valindria View Post
    Anyone care to update with gear changes or other classes?
    Thanks Valindria for asking. I will try and give some time to consolidate the gears for other classes.

Cheers!