Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Tired of hotbar Creep

I play with a lot of hotbars. Like 15 give or take a few depending on the toon. Not a big deal I have a large monitor. I Have the in a nice pile in my lower left hand of my screen and then a few in the center. But yet ever time I log on and off they move. Just a few pix at a time. It gets to the point were they over lap each other. In a course of a few weeks they will have moved anywhere from 1/4-1/2 inch from the bottom of the screen.

Can we please get the UI to stay in place?

Thanks
    Active: Meriam, Mayberry, Rhyodacite, Reepicheep
    Inactives: Fluorite, Bogenschutze, Merkava, Sorjak, Virgina, Heywire
    Roving Guns

Community Member

/signed.

perosonal experience is seeing UI elements (hotbars, focus orb, ect) being moved if i switch between full screen and windowed.

i've not witnessed any drifting though as per your description.

/signed!

I have severe OCD and it bugs the heck out of me whenever I log in, forcing me to spend a couple minutes getting my hotbars just right again.
    Have you ever wanted to create your own customized user interface skins for DDO?
    Click this sentence for a tutorial learning how, an easy-to-follow video guide.

Mine drift, but I always assumed it was because I use two different PC's. Both PC's use windowed mode, and the same window size. However, my work PC's monitor doesn't completely fit the game window, so it shrinks it slightly. I always assumed this was my source of the drifting.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by MrLarone View Post
    /signed.

perosonal experience is seeing UI elements (hotbars, focus orb, ect) being moved if i switch between full screen and windowed.

Same problem here, the bars have to move to fit windowed mode, but then creep back to almost the same position in full mode too.

mine only change if the res changes - so swapping between windowed and normal (and they seem to reset fine when I move back if I don't touch them, most of the time), or if I've logged in on my other machine, which has a square rather than widescreen monitor.

Of far bigger concern (to me, I accept not to you!) is why there's no UI scaling for the hotbars - you need higher res to have more hotbars and not have them use up half your screen. And that's nuts.

I mean have you seen LOTRO's screen? Every single element of that UI can be relocated & resized or hidden. In real time so you can see it happening while you move the sliders. Its awesome. I'll tell you how much I want this: I would let Fernando personally sell things to my family members and friends without warning them about his accuracy 'issues' first, if they did this for DDO. Seriously. Things worth money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    The best of the best DDO players generally overperform when given a real challenge

Quote Originally Posted by ColsonJade View Post
    I play with a lot of hotbars. Like 15 give or take a few depending on the toon. Not a big deal I have a large monitor. I Have the in a nice pile in my lower left hand of my screen and then a few in the center. But yet ever time I log on and off they move. Just a few pix at a time. It gets to the point were they over lap each other. In a course of a few weeks they will have moved anywhere from 1/4-1/2 inch from the bottom of the screen.

Can we please get the UI to stay in place?

Thanks
    Thank you for this, I just thought I was crazy!
    Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    Hate me if you want, as of right now I'm not letting anyone crack open the build for this. Nope no way. Nada. I need developers working on the expansion pack, and that only. Again, hate me all you want, but creating a whole new realm takes priority over a broken bag. This is pretty much true of a few of the other issues that crept in today also.

yeah I have only seen this when resolutions change or using multiple machines.

Your saying this is happening to you on your 1 machine with no resolution changes?

try dif skin maybe? ( http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...dex.php?cid=37 )IDK.

Me too!

Wait, are we talkin about the same thing ?

Quote Originally Posted by dunklezhan View Post
    mine only change if the res changes - so swapping between windowed and normal (and they seem to reset fine when I move back if I don't touch them, most of the time), or if I've logged in on my other machine, which has a square rather than widescreen monitor.

Of far bigger concern (to me, I accept not to you!) is why there's no UI scaling for the hotbars - you need higher res to have more hotbars and not have them use up half your screen. And that's nuts.

I mean have you seen LOTRO's screen? Every single element of that UI can be relocated & resized or hidden. In real time so you can see it happening while you move the sliders. Its awesome. I'll tell you how much I want this: I would let Fernando personally sell things to my family members and friends without warning them about his accuracy 'issues' first, if they did this for DDO. Seriously. Things worth money.
    I would love to be able to to rezise the UI.

I do play in windows mode.
    Roving Guns

Also while all hotbars move, it seems that some are more likely to more more then others.

Hot bar 1 and 5 seem to move the most. Those happen to be the ones I use the most as well.
    Roving Guns

Quote Originally Posted by MrLarone View Post
    /signed.

/signed

Same problem here.

Its old but still funny.
    From ddo1liners

HEY, I'M TRYING TO SOLVE THAT!
    STOP TOUCHING MY PUZZLE!
    TOUCH MY PUZZLE ONE MORE TIME AND YOU'LL BE SORRY!
    PEOPLE LIKE YOU ARE WHAT'S WRONG WITH THIS GAME -- I QUIT! AND YOU SHALL DIE!

very /signed for scalable UI.

DDO Lite is a good skin for laptop play. Not an ideal fix, but it helps reduce the visual clutter.

Haven't noticed the bar creep...... have to check that when I log in.....
    Argonessenn -Officer of Storm Shadow-
    Olen Anteres

/signed

I get this whenever I go from full screen to windowed and switch programmes.

Also can they fix the buff icons at the top, so I can see them all and stop rebuffing things I already have buffed.

Kov

/signed

Would also like an option to drop the xp bar for those of us who are capped and don't really need the reminder.

Gedian Greymalkin R20/e5[SD5] H N | Erdric Aendricaes FV20/e3[EA4] E LN | Vollmer Itsu P20/e3[US5] H LG | Bale Traeger B20/e2[FS4] H N | ~Thurauk D'Soronath~ A20/e2[MR3] D CG

Quote Originally Posted by BurnerD View Post
    very /signed for scalable UI.

DDO Lite is a good skin for laptop play. Not an ideal fix, but it helps reduce the visual clutter.

Haven't noticed the bar creep...... have to check that when I log in.....
    Have they fixed it so when you use a skin you can use the mini map? Last time I tried a skin (like 3 years ago) it broke the map. So I went back at it
    Roving Guns

/signed

This has been driving me crazy ever since I began playng DDO!

After I discovered that switching between full screen and windowed mode caused the hotbar creep, I've been trying hard to avoid switching between the two. However, sometimes I still have to switch between the two, and have to move all of my hotbars back to where they belong afterwards.

If all the hotbars and junk on your screen are moved up to touch the top of your screen, they won't creep up anymore. I've been tempted to do that, but it isn't very practical. lol
    "Swords will cut you wide open!" - Trip Fisk

Quote Originally Posted by baletraeger View Post

Would also like an option to drop the xp bar for those of us who are capped and don't really need the reminder.
    /signed

And this^
    Right now I just have it covered up, but I sometimes accidentally click on it which moves it back out on top of everything.
    Sarlona ~ Lrenaj Mornaur ♦ Lrel Jayden ♦ WeepingAngel

Quote Originally Posted by Kovalas View Post
    I get this whenever I go from full screen to windowed and switch programmes.
    Don't go to Windowed mode, and instead use Alt-Tab to switch between programs.

I never see this problem, but I stay in Full Screen mode all the time
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast