Community Member

Post In-Dungeon kick system

ok..erm so ah..like ever had idiots in the party?? and ever felt like the party leader isnt actualy a leader? can he can basicly do nothing to prevent idiots from staying in the party (pikers).
    Dear DDO Staff and Computer guyz,
    Please implement an in-dungeon kick system that allows the leader to boot a party member out of the dungeon and the party. If you think that that would be abusive and leaders would start acting like a$$holes then make it a vote system ! .
    Love Seriously ****ed off players.

/Not signed

1) Vote system: afkers and people not wanting to make others mad wont vote.

2) Raid run, leader doesnt think you pulled your weight, kicks you then opens the chest.
    You'll bend to my will - With or without your precious sanity.

Neilus Soul of the Phoenix - Completionist - Orien

Quote Originally Posted by blerkington View Post
    Everyone who is more effective than me is OP, and should be nerfed.
    Everyone who has more stuff than me cheated to get it, and should be punished.
    Everyone who plays differently to me is a bad person, and should be mistreated.

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

No thank you. The abuse and craziness this would generate would in no way be mitigated by the slim occasional benefit.

I have been trapped in pugs from hell, but in the end, they were good for me too. Taught me things to watch out for, both in other players, how I deal with other players, and what not to do in quests. With the exception of a Pit gone horribly wrong, you're not in any quest so long that it will cause permanent damage, and you'll know in the future what players to avoid.

And you always have a choice of recalling out, dropping them, and starting over if it's really that bad. Would it be a pain? Sure. But you DO have options, always remember that.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

/not signed
    it would be abused
    and voting won't help

best thing is to just reform and rerun if your not to far or just complete and /kick
    Virt II makes elujin smile !

This one was suggested a lot of times allready. If I remeber it right most forum members agreed that in-quest-kicking would lead to more grief then improvement. F.E.: You get kicked from a pug raid because a guildy of the leader wants to join. Just don't group with the players you don't like in the future.
    Last edited by Jiirix; 05-04-2011 at 07:57 AM.
    Clever & Smart Agent - Pure Drow Mechanic: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...arper-Mechanic
    The Dungeons and Dragons Webcomic THE ORDER OF THE STICK BY RICH BURLEW
    http://www.giantitp.com/comics/ootscast.html

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

This thread again?

Once again: This was implemented once. Led to much more griefing than the current system. So no thank you, don't want this back.

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

/heck no.

However... what I'd not mind is if EVERYONE had a voice to kick out said person. A voting system as it were. There must be a majority (50/50 won't cut it), and all must vote before said person could get kicked out.

Hirelings of course don't have a vote. They won't share their loot with us nor trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    This thread again?

Once again: This was implemented once. Led to much more griefing than the current system. So no thank you, don't want this back.
    wow they actually had this in game?

Community Member

There are plenty of ways to deal with idiots in the party that aren't ridiculously exploitable. Get creative.

Community Member amethystdragon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    This thread again?

Totaly agree!!!

Being able to boot someone while in a quest was a nothing more than a major headach. I do not want to see it brought back in any way shape or form.
    Your complaint has been lodged, duly noted, and swiftly rejected.

Sometimes you just have to laugh, because everything else is illegal.

Just no.
    One thing is abuse.
    Second is long term impact: player meets once weird leader who kicks him from no reason (or miscliked or wahtever).
    So he no longer want to PUG. Result: more in guild runs, harder to find pugers.

This was actually in effect back when DDO first started. But it was seriously abused. Especially during raids. This was also back when we had the shard system for raid loot. Certain guilds who will not be named would invite people to help through the raid then kick all but the guildys at the end so puggers would not get any raid loot.
    This occurred alot during quests also but for lesser reasons.
    People going afk for entire quests is wrong but it the lesser of 2 evils IMO.

Not signed

I'm beginning to think these threads should be locked on sight due to the rule of not re-opening closed topics
    Quote Originally Posted by gamblerjoe View Post
    if u put 1000 smurves in front of 1000 computers, eventually one of them will make a pally that isnt a complete abomination.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonofsteel2 View Post
    Why should I care about what none friends think? It really not like anythink they do are say in this game really affects me.

Community Member

Oh it's this thread again.

I still wish we could kick the dead.