Community Member

Default Dwarven Axe featless for Dwarves

Question: I seem to recall that even dwarves used to have to take the exotic weapon feat in order to wield dwarven axes without a penalty. However, I heard that this had changed. So when I TR my ranger as a dwarf, will he automatically be able to wield dwarven axes? Or do I still need to take the feat?

Dwarves automatically get DAxe, IF they already have the Martial Weapons feat.

So yes, you would get it for free on a Ranger, Barb, Fighter, Pally.
    Tip# 203: Death is a traumatic experience.

Just to confirm, I have a Dwarf Ranger/Fighter, and he did get Dwarven Axe proficiency for free.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertay View Post
    While they were at it though, the devs decided to go on an incredible nerfhammer rampage and left nothing in their wake standing...

I have a dwarf figther and ranger and both received dwarven axe automatically.
    **No Politics**
    Cawol lvl 20 Dwarf Fighter - Scintillo lvl 12 Halfling Rog - Jrskug lvl 11 H-Orc Fighter - JrCaster lvl 8 WF Wiz - **Halogens** JrAxe lvl 13/1 Ranger Fighter

Quote Originally Posted by Leefy1 View Post
    Question: I seem to recall that even dwarves used to have to take the exotic weapon feat in order to wield dwarven axes without a penalty. However, I heard that this had changed. So when I TR my ranger as a dwarf, will he automatically be able to wield dwarven axes? Or do I still need to take the feat?
    As far as I remember Dwarves' have always treated the Dwarven Waraxe as a martial weapon in DDO.

A Dwarven Ranger should have the Dwarven Waraxe as a weapon proficiency without taking the feat.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Also, a dwarf without martial weapon profs. who can cast Master's Touch (or have it cast on them) can gain DAxe prof. since it counts as a martial weapon for dwarves. A dwarf Warchanter can take DAxe as their free martial prof. from WC II.