Thread: Sounds issue

Default Sounds issue

On my desktop Win 10 machine I am having an issue with in game DDO sound both game sounds and in game voice chat.

I have a set of speakers as well as a headset connected to the computer.
    In Windows sound is set to default to the headset - and Windows sounds, Mumble, Sky, Browser etc sounds all work through the headset.

However, from DDO I am not getting any sounds through the headset (which used to work a while back). If I set DDO audio to my speakers I am getting sounds so the other settings appear to be working - but nothing from the headset.

It gets even more puzzling. When Lam is up and I use that client - I *am* getting sounds from DDO in the headset. But not on live.

Any suggestions are welcome as its starting to annoy me.
    Danskerne
    Et dansktalende guild på Ghallanda. Send PM, hvis du er interesseret.

Angry

I feel your pain there. I have been playing for 10 years and sometime last year I started having trouble hearing my party members. Then they put the volume controls in for individual members and that was great. Now, they have taken them out and I can't hear anyone. I have all of my game sounds turned off and I still can't hear anyone.

Default Volume Sliders

Quote Originally Posted by Novasheer View Post
    I feel your pain there. I have been playing for 10 years and sometime last year I started having trouble hearing my party members. Then they put the volume controls in for individual members and that was great. Now, they have taken them out and I can't hear anyone. I have all of my game sounds turned off and I still can't hear anyone.
    Click on the green loudspeaker on a party member to bring up their volume slider. It was changed during maintenance yesterday.
    Quote Originally Posted by grodon9999 View Post
    Be careful though, a dwarf wearing a bunny hat while covered in Barkskin looks like on Ewok.