Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    Community Member

Hope your time constraints are easing and you find time to work on this! Love the skin, and hope to use it after Sep 12th.

Thanks for your hard work.

Quote Originally Posted by Ualac View Post
    hi all users of BlackBird.

i have to admit, i'm currently away from home/country on business, so haven't had a chance to notice that Update 11 was there, let alone see what is does/doesn't break in the skin.

and it appears to be quite significant in terms of what has changed (from the screen shots above) so I cannot estimate how long it will take to fixup any issues, plus my time is very limited over the next month, however, I will try to get it back in shape ASAP

ualac
    Best wishes and safe travels.

Beautiful. Glad somebody bumped this.
    Help a student. Tell me about your guild!
    A Survey about DDO Guilds

Best skins I've seen so far! Hope youll get back home soon :P

Default Update 11 and Blackbird

For the most part the Blackbird skin seems to work ok with update 11. Except for health bar and party status bars...

Can anyone help with explicit instructions on how to disable/remove the Blackbird overlays for u11 health/status bars?

Thanks.

Yes, everythings working, but the hp/sp part is the worst part of the new update... The new default UI is the worst thing ever added

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Keybreaker View Post
    For the most part the Blackbird skin seems to work ok with update 11. Except for health bar and party status bars...

Can anyone help with explicit instructions on how to disable/remove the Blackbird overlays for u11 health/status bars?

Thanks.
    Do like this - open your C:\Users\YOURNAME\Documents\Dungeons and Dragons Online\ui\skins\BlackBird folder.
    There take a copy of SkinDefinition.xml if you mess up the original.

Now edit SkinDefinition.xml in Notepad (right-click, Edit)

Now put in rem (<!-- and --> ) tags around these lines, like in the example below:

Code:
    <!--
      <Mapping ArtAssetID="healthbar_brass_background" FileName="healthbar/healthbar_2bar_background.tga"/>
      <Mapping ArtAssetID="healthbar_brass_foreground" FileName="healthbar/healthbar_2bar_foreground.tga"/>
      <Mapping ArtAssetID="healthbar_3Bar_brass_background" FileName="healthbar/healthbar_3bar_background.tga"/>
      <Mapping ArtAssetID="healthbar_3Bar_brass_foreground" FileName="healthbar/healthbar_3bar_foreground.tga"/>

<Mapping ArtAssetID="healthbar_glass_overlay_health" FileName="healthbar/healthbar_glass_overlay_health.tga"/>
      <Mapping ArtAssetID="healthbar_glass_overlay_mana" FileName="healthbar/healthbar_glass_overlay_mana.tga"/>
      <Mapping ArtAssetID="healthbar_fellowship_background" FileName="healthbar/healthbar_fellowship_background.tga"/> 
      <Mapping ArtAssetID="healthbar_fellowship_foreground" FileName="healthbar/healthbar_fellowship_foreground.tga"/>
      <Mapping ArtAssetID="healthbar_fellowship_singleMeter_foreground" FileName="healthbar/healthbar_fellowship_singleMeter_foreground.tga"/>
    -->
    Then it should use the default graphics.
    Various hedge-wizards and halfwits, please see MyDDO for all your squelching needs
    Lyrandar 2006 - Devourer 2007 - Thelanis 2009 - Ghallanda 2010

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Razcar View Post
    Do like this ...
    Then it should use the default graphics.
    Great jury-rig steps Razcar.

To the author: All but the non-Portrait version of the player Vitals Bar is skinnable. You can start from the new files in Info Blue 1.7. List of the concerned files.
    Author of Info Blue UI Skin (Really wish Turbine would update the skinning interface and enable all the new UI parts.)
    If you don't have an SSD, you should be using DDOPreload (fixes the slow first login issue)

Quote Originally Posted by Keybreaker View Post

Thanks.
    I use the Blackbird skin as well on many of my characters. I notice that if you uncheck the option to "Show Portrait on Vitals Bar" the individual vitals UI seems to fit nicely with the Blackbird skin, and remove the messed-up look of it.

We are hoping to release an update to the UI Art Pack soon, but we don't have a current ETA on when we will be able to fit that work in.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    I use the Blackbird skin as well on many of my characters. I notice that if you uncheck the option to "Show Portrait on Vitals Bar" the individual vitals UI seems to fit nicely with the Blackbird skin, and remove the messed-up look of it.

We are hoping to release an update to the UI Art Pack soon, but we don't have a current ETA on when we will be able to fit that work in.
    You could just let us go back to the old UI.

Just throwing that out there.

Community Member

Much obliged Razcar.

^^ yes please to an updated art pack, and can I add a vote for a full control of the layout/dimensions of the interface panels in the future? I'd really like to be able to start from scratch and tidy up a bunch of BlackBird's layout.

and while we're on the UI topic (aha!) please can we have the UI element positions properly remembered and restored when we logout/login especially on large screens.

Quote Originally Posted by Backley View Post
    To the author: All but the non-Portrait version of the player Vitals Bar is skinnable. You can start from the new files in Info Blue 1.7. List of the concerned files.
    thanks Backley, that info is greatly appreciated. Will look at it when i get a chance.

Community Member

How about releasing a "convert back to the old UI" kit first? The new one is horrible and should never have made it to Live.
    boo-tai jung-tzahng-duh
    We love fansites!
    <*cough*B.S.*cough*>
    Quote Originally Posted by SqueakofDoom View Post
    There will be bugs!

Quote Originally Posted by Ualac View Post
    ^^ yes please to an updated art pack, and can I add a vote for a full control of the layout/dimensions of the interface panels in the future? I'd really like to be able to start from scratch and tidy up a bunch of BlackBird's layout.

and while we're on the UI topic (aha!) please can we have the UI element positions properly remembered and restored when we logout/login especially on large screens.
    Stop posting! Get back to work!

Some toons with Cow in the name, and some without.

Default update 11

Hey all,

Just uploaded an Update 11 kinda-fixed-version of BlackBird to the lotrointerface site for you guys.

As with the other skins theres some things that we cannot yet modify such as the non-portrait version of the large healthbar for example. Hopefully a future Turbine update will enable these to be modified.
    (we also can't revert to the old party UI so we'll have to make do with the one we've got)

So there should be updated healthbar panels like so:

and there should be BlackBird-esque party healthbars too such as:

as always feedback, criticism, ideas welcome

ualac
    Last edited by Ualac; 09-15-2011 at 05:53 AM. Reason: file is now available

2014 DDO Players Council

Thank you very much. But now we have to wait for the file upload to be approved :/
    Don't let common sense stop you...
    Qualified Devil's Advocate ` Refugee Boldrei '06 / Keeper '09

Ya'know, just allowing people to use the old party/personal bar thing would solve this problem at absolutely NO WORK on your part. Why not do that huh? Satisfy the maximum number of customers with the least amount of work.

And I hope Turbine realizes how many customers they have lost due to this... And ONLY this...

Great stuff ualac!

But to make a small note, the 25% / 50% / 75% marks in the bars currently come on top, making the numbers look a little distorted at times.

Community Member

It looks great Ualac, thanks for the quick work, appreciate it!
    I really dig Blackbird

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast